+ Reply to Thread
Page 429 of 461 FirstFirst ... 329 379 419 427 428 429 430 431 439 ... LastLast
Results 8,561 to 8,580 of 9216

Thread: Greg: Teacher of SUPER " OP " course !

Default Re: Greg: Teacher of SUPER " OP " course !

Just because something *can* be interpreted differently doesn’t mean it’s meant to be. You can interpret any sentence ever said by anyone differently than another person does. Actually, you know what... when luffy says he’s going to be pirate king I think he’s lying.

Seriously though, your points rely solely on “I interpret it differently because I want this to be the case”. Where is the actual evidence to support your claim? There is plenty of material that very clearly very plainly shows how robin is a fully fledged member of the crew, and you dismiss it. What is the point.

Ok, lets suppose you are right and all this Robin is evil foreshadowing is real. Wouldn’t her eines loby betrayal be enough payoff for that?
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

The theory frankly just feels like being contrarian for the sake of it.

Greg, is it possible to get yours or Stephen's take on Oda's Vol 97 SBS answers regarding "5 years left"? Some translations seem to interpret it as (super diluted summary forgive me) "There are 5 years remaining and the story will end once One Piece is found", while others seem to interpret it as "Serialization will not end after 5 years, but Luffy's "journey" will by finding One Piece will", indicating there is more likely more story to be told (i.e. The "Grand" War that is mentioned).

If we read closely to Whitebeard, Rayleigh and Roger's conversations about "One Piece", it pretty much specifies that the person who finds this treasure will "challenge the world" AFTER it is found. This would also point to why Rayleigh and Roger claim they were "too early". It seems the process of "challenging the world" comes from knowing what One Piece is. Doesn't that by default, if we are to assume Oda will follow this structure, mean that the second translation/interpretation is more likely correct?

Quote Originally Posted by gyuukarubi View Post
    I remember those moments, but explicit evidence is more compelling to me than anecdotal recaps! I ask because I’m willing to do the same as a courtesy and would hope for others to follow suit :)

I think you can actually read these situations in multiple ways! Screenshot them and I’ll explain :D
    Look, I'll be frank: no one is obligated to provide screencaps to you, and asking for them to prove every point seems a bit disingenuous. Not to mention we're trying to discourage piracy, and folks may not have access to images from the books to produce at a moment's notice. You're free to use manga panels in your own arguments, but that's strictly your own business. Let others present their arguments how they choose.

Like the Avatar?
    / Like the Miis?
    Dragalia Lost ID: 97617932505

I don't think Robin is going to betray the crew, but I am curious about Law's motives. He didn't join the Fleet and its hard to really see him as having ambitions towards being Pirate King or anything of the sort so I don't quite understand why he's still pursuing Kaido? It could be as thank you for Luffy's defeating Doflamingo, but I'm not so sure. Anyone have thoughts?
    Last edited by andre; September 15th, 2020 at 12:43 PM.
    Check out my podcast for conversations about Greatness in anime, sports, music, and whatever else we can think of.
    mtgoatmore.buzzsprout.com

Quote Originally Posted by Dylcor View Post
    Just because something *can* be interpreted differently doesn’t mean it’s meant to be. You can interpret any sentence ever said by anyone differently than another person does. Actually, you know what... when luffy says he’s going to be pirate king I think he’s lying.

Seriously though, your points rely solely on “I interpret it differently because I want this to be the case”. Where is the actual evidence to support your claim? There is plenty of material that very clearly very plainly shows how robin is a fully fledged member of the crew, and you dismiss it. What is the point.
    I’ve actually provided screencaps to support my claims. Has anyone else done the same? I’m willing to engage in this debate, but not if others refuse to do the work to prove their own.

Just to briefly digress, I actually believe that Blackbeard has a good chance of becoming Pirate King before Luffy.

Quote Originally Posted by maxterdexter View Post
    Ok, lets suppose you are right and all this Robin is evil foreshadowing is real. Wouldn’t her eines loby betrayal be enough payoff for that?
    Not necessarily. What are her true goals in uncovering history? Revolution? Destruction? Power?

Quote Originally Posted by Blissed View Post
    The theory frankly just feels like being contrarian for the sake of it.
    You’re entitled to your opinions, as am I :)

Quote Originally Posted by Shift View Post
    Look, I'll be frank: no one is obligated to provide screencaps to you, and asking for them to prove every point seems a bit disingenuous. Not to mention we're trying to discourage piracy, and folks may not have access to images from the books to produce at a moment's notice. You're free to use manga panels in your own arguments, but that's strictly your own business. Let others present their arguments how they choose.
    Of course no one is obligated — I mentioned that it was a courtesy, did I not? The only reason you’re interpreting this as disingenuous is because you want to believe that’s my intent. This couldn’t be further from the truth — I’m asking for reciprocity. If I don’t receive it, I hope that you understand it’s just as easy for me to dismiss others’ claims as they’ve dismissed mine. Such is the fun of theorizing :D

I’ve actually provided screencaps to support my claims. Has anyone else done the same? I’m willing to engage in this debate, but not if others refuse to do the work to prove their own.
    Of course no one is obligated
    There it is. Argue how you want, let others do the same, pictures or no.

Like the Avatar?
    / Like the Miis?
    Dragalia Lost ID: 97617932505

Quote Originally Posted by Shift View Post
    There it is. Argue how you want, let others do the same, pictures or no.
    A request isn’t an obligation :)

Simply put, I hope someone puts in the effort! It’s greatly appreciated. If not, then we can simply end the debate here and wait. My position hasn’t changed since I first posted and it likely won’t.

A request isn’t an obligation :)

Simply put, I hope someone puts in the effort! It’s greatly appreciated. If not, then we can simply end the debate here and wait. My position hasn’t changed since I first posted and it likely won’t.
    The thing is, you're arguing against the notion that 99% of readers have. The burden of proof to change everyone's opinion is entirely on you, because you're the only member of your choir.
    Check out my podcast for conversations about Greatness in anime, sports, music, and whatever else we can think of.

Sounds like one hell of a misread to me.

Quote Originally Posted by andre View Post
    The thing is, you're arguing against the notion that 99% of readers have. The burden of proof to change everyone's opinion is entirely on you, because you're the only member of your choir.
    Yes, I am fully aware that I am arguing against 99% of the fanbase on this. That doesn’t concern me and I’ve mentioned at least three separate times in this thread that “I could be wrong.” But others keep bringing the topic up, so I’m just giving my 2c.

@wolfwood You’re free to disagree! I’m just stating what I’ve observed.

Yes, I am fully aware that I am arguing against 99% of the fanbase on this. That doesn’t concern me and I’ve mentioned at least three separate times in this thread that “I could be wrong.” But others keep bringing the topic up, so I’m just giving my 2c.

@wolfwood You’re free to disagree! I’m just stating what I’ve observed.
    Right, but it's not about you being wrong or right, it's about you expecting anyone to put as much effort into proving what seems obvious to so many people right as what you're saying wrong. If you actually desire decent conversation, you should post this as its own theory, in its own thread (or at least in the theory thread), with lots of evidence. It'd be like me posting that Luffy actually wants to be a Marine admiral and expecting everyone else to dig up the many times he very directly states his objective after posting a few pictures in scattered posts. Expecting someone else to dig up everything I've said in every instance about something so seemingly far away from the truth begs for people to be dismissive. Burden of Proof isn't just a meme, it's a legitimately important part of how we have conversations and create new normals.

Quote Originally Posted by andre View Post
    Right, but it's not about you being wrong or right, it's about you expecting anyone to put as much effort into proving what seems obvious to so many people right as what you're saying wrong. If you actually desire decent conversation, you should post this as its own theory, in its own thread (or at least in the theory thread), with lots of evidence. It'd be like me posting that Luffy actually wants to be a Marine admiral and expecting everyone else to dig up the many times he very directly states his objective after posting a few pictures in scattered posts. Expecting someone else to dig up everything I've said in every instance about something so seemingly far away from the truth begs for people to be dismissive. Burden of Proof isn't just a meme, it's a legitimately important part of how we have conversations and create new normals.
    Fair enough. Iíll expand upon this when I get a chance (with photos) :)

Fair enough. I’ll expand upon this when I get a chance (with photos) :)
    Sweet. Look forward to reading it! We need as much conversation-worthy stuff as possible as we get deeper into the story and the breaks keep coming! :D

stephen or Greg clearing up that SBS 97 would be dope

Greg on Twitter:

Did we know that Zoro left his village bc pirates attacked it and he left to collect the bounty 'cuz why not'? I remember he couldn't get back to the village but don't recall w/o checking if it was bc Shimotsuki was attacked. Either way, yeah, that's why he left!

I feel like I heard this years ago as a fake spoiler/joke, but was this ever mentioned before in the manga because that is crazy and I think i'd remember something like that.

WOAH!!! Just reread chapter 988

Did king fly with his regular wings?!?!? Not the animal or hybrid mode?

I'm pretty sure skypieans can't do that, which means I was correct that he was a different race entirely

which made the most sense to me,
    1: why would Judge have pointed out only the lack of giants and not the Skypieans
    2: why would Oda have Big Mom say it in such a way that left an air of mystery to it, if he had already introduced us to that race

now the question is what type of mythological creatures have wings that can fly? I've always hoped that fairies were a race in One Piece but his wings look nothing like that..... hell maybe it's something Oda made up?

what do you guys think his race is

Big Mum already said he is from a race she doesn't have yet.

Quote Originally Posted by DruMzTV View Post
    stephen or Greg clearing up that SBS 97 would be dope
    Greg said he's gonna do it via Twitter in *roughly* a few hours.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information