+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 793: The Tiger and The Dog

Default Re: Chapter 793: The Tiger and The Dog

"You're a loose cannon, Issho. I've got the Gorosei breathing down my ass to clean up this ocean, and you go and pull something like this? You're one crazy sonofabitch, you know that?

Sigh...you're a good officer, and we go way back. I'll give you one more chance. Track down these two perps and bring them in. You do this fast, and you do this by the books. Screw this up and I want your cane and coat on my desk by Monday. Now get out there, you blind bastard! I'm getting ulcers just talking to you."

I...Think it's a great reaction chapter with lots of freakishly dangerous gears setting in motion. Alas, Panda translation once again lost half the story to monkey gibberish oblivion

Oh my God, that was a hell of a chapter. I'll have to read a better translation for my full thoughts, but things that stood out even without a good translation.

Seeing all the various Supernova again. After Punk Hazard I believe we only saw the Kid Alliance and Booney. Now we got to see all of them and their reactions. Kidd alliance going after Shanks was a neat revelation, and I hope we see his reaction next chapter or soon. I'm in desperate need to have Shanks appear again after all these years.

The Elder Stars and Akainu. While the exact things being said were strange, there is a clear showing of differences between Akainu and the Elder Stars. Akainu is not afraid to talk back, and doesn't see eye to eye with them.

I liked the little bit with Kyros and the Tonattas. Very nice.

I liked the bit with Smoker and Tashigi. First of all, Tashigi looked very adorable. The other part was just the part of Smoker and Fujitora talking. I liked how Smoker admitted even he wouldn't have been able to do that in the same position. Also, possibly going to see the great scientist himself Vegapunk soon?

Lots of stuff going on, though not a whole lot of insight. Though assuming everything is correct, looks like Fujitora is not going to let the Straw Hats escape. Most likely he's going to "try", but the citizens will want to protect their heroes, and Fujitora can't in good conscious attack a bunch of civilians.

That was a hell of a meaty chapter, so much to unpack.

Quote Originally Posted by KzTxL7 View Post
    I wasn't distracted by Lucy being half naked.

You won this week Fairy Tail.

now that i think about it..urouge is such a loser..every time we see him,he has gotten his ass kicked,it was on the process of getting his ass kicked,or was just in an overall shitty situation

Quote Originally Posted by BlazingBonds View Post
    Capone is on Big Moms ship and his crew is "at arms".

good pickup there!

That translation was absolutely dreadful. It was a great chapter nonetheless, it's a shame the dialogue didn't make any sense. I hope a better scan will be up soon.

The translation was messed up, even more than usual. Doflamingo warlords? Capone wants to go along with Ceasar? Seriously and I don't know where to start with Akainu's lines.
    Anyway, I liked the direction the chapter took. It's nice the world's reaction before the traditional party as biding farawell to all the characters introduced in this arc will take some time. Kaidou reminds me of a manta ray, assuming the shadow is indeed his body.
    By the way, a weird theory about Doflamingos future and Tsuru popped up in my head. She will meet up with Fujitora, take Doflamingo and use her devil fruit powers on him, turing him into a good boy. Maybe that's the reason she was set after him for all those years. Taking his status as a former noble into account, Sengoku probably feared they would have to set him free again if the marines ever cought Doflamingo. Tsuru's powers could solve this problem.

Basically Capone's situation could be (at least) two ways.

1. Capone is allied with Big Mom, and they're getting ready to attack Sunny and take Cesar
    2. Capone is allied with Law, and Sanji & co have been captured. Capone is about to attack Big Mom's ship to retake Cesar.

Capone's speech talks about Law and Luffy's ordeal as an achievement by friends. He could be sarcastic, or addressing Sanji callilng them "his" friends. It's equally possible.
    I do have to mention though, the Sunny and BM ship encounter happened hours ago, and now news of Luffy's victory reached Capone's ears.
    It's quite likely that Sanji's fight is long over with, which would lend credence to option 2.

But we'll have to wait and see the next few chapters.

Quote Originally Posted by skully View Post
    The translation was messed up, even more than usual. Doflamingo warlords? Capone wants to go along with Ceasar? Seriously and I don't know where to start with Akainu's lines.
    Anyway, I liked the direction the chapter took. It's nice the world's reaction before the traditional party as biding farawell to all the characters introduced in this arc will take some time. Kaidou reminds me of a manta ray, assuming the shadow is indeed his body.
    By the way, a weird theory about Doflamingos future and Tsuru popped up in my head. She will meet up with Fujitora, take Doflamingo and use her devil fruit powers on him, turing him into a good boy. Maybe that's the reason she was set after him for all those years. Taking his status as a former noble into account, Sengoku probably feared they would have to set him free again if the marines ever cought Doflamingo. Tsuru's powers could solve this problem.
    eh??
    if the marines take doflamingo,he is as good as dead
    the tenryuubito want him dead,and now they have him with several layers of kairoseki chains....so if he doesn't manage to escape,i really don't see him surviving the first night

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by Aohige_AP View Post

1. Capone is allied with Big Mom, and they're getting ready to attack Sunny and take Cesar
    2. Capone is allied with Law, and Sanji & co have been captured. Capone is about to attack Big Mom's ship to retake Cesar.

Capone's speech talks about Law and Luffy's ordeal as an achievement by friends. He could be sarcastic, or addressing Sanji callilng them "his" friends. It's equally possible.
    I do have to mention though, the Sunny and BM ship encounter happened hours ago, and now news of Luffy's victory reached Capone's ears.
    It's quite likely that Sanji's fight is long over with, which would lend credence to option 2.

or the battle is over and they got away...the sunny is more than equipped for that kind of escapes

It will be option 2 of course... You will see

So Kuzan has joined up with Blackbeard eh. Looking forward to finding out his reasons for joining up with that bunch.

Discovered Stowaway

looks like #1 case

Quote Originally Posted by BlazingBonds View Post
    Capone is on Big Moms ship and his crew is "at arms".

Quote Originally Posted by Fire-Fist View Post
    looks like #1 case
    Because it's not possible for pirates to board an enemy's ship. is that what you're saying?

You are on a quest to become the Pirate Prince, and you decide your fate!

P̒̌͒ͥ̐̏̑sͥ̇y̔cͣ͌̍rͫ̔ȏ w̾͆ ̇ Psycrow's Avatar

Everyone reading this, please, ignore the Mangapanda translation to the greatest extent possible. Aohige has a good summary in the Spoilers, and Mangastream will be out eventually.
    Mangapanda this time makes it sound like the entire chapter is a riddle to figure out, painful to read and with misinformation added in, when in reality everything makes perfect sense reading Aohige's summary.
    It's so sad when a public service announcement has to be made to keep people away from Mangapanda, it's that hazardous, lol
    One Piece characters exploring outside options when One Piece is on break...

From the Jolly Roger of Capone's ship, it is almost certain that Capone is allied with Big Mom, which sucks because it means we probably will not see Sanji and his new for another year or more. The only thing we have left to hope for is that Big Mom's ship was being Chased by Capone beforehand, but that wouldnt make any sense.

If this is true, I am disappointed in Oda because this means we will have gone about 1/4 of the manga without Sanji and his newly formed crew in it and in my mind it means that Luffy only has about 6 crew members. Oda gives us a good chapter then stabs us all in the heart by confirming no Sanji for at least another year.

Edit: I don't know why they even bother showing Sanji, Nami, Chopper, and Brooke as part of the crew in the cover art. Its all a lie. They have their own new crew and stole the Straw Hats ship and are now on their own adventure to be eaten by Big Mom.
    Last edited by Ravaha; July 9th, 2015 at 02:39 AM.

Kaido confirmed for gigantic transponder snail.

Is it possible that they showed up while Sanji and the gang was fighting? No matter how strong Sanji is, taking on all those goons, and at least two named minions of Big Mom is not exactly something they would be able to do themselves. They could've been holding off when Capone came in and helped Sanji's group. Perhaps he himself wants Caesar, since that would allow him to get weapons out of it (Smiles, the weapon from Punk Hazard, and who knows what else.

Even if Sanji does get captured, it wouldn't be a huge shock. They were clearly outnumbered, and if it was actually Big Mom's ship, I could see other stronger people being there as well. Let's wait and see until making judgments, as we have no context except that Al Capone was by one of the ships.

Fourth Theory: Caesar escaped during the confusion, took over that one ship, and Capone found it and decided to take Caesar.

5th Theory: Sanji held them off for a while, but with everything going on, Caesar was captured and they left once they apprehended him. Al Capone took on the crew, and since they were tired from the previous fight, had to leave Caesar behind with them.

There are other possibilities as well that we can't say until anything happens.

Discovered Stowaway

Quote Originally Posted by Game And Guy View Post
    Because it's not possible for pirates to board an enemy's ship. is that what you're saying?
    because it is highly unlikely that Capone will be able to board big mom's ship as enemy and be as calm as he is.

Quote Originally Posted by Maju View Post
    now that i think about it..urouge is such a loser..every time we see him,he has gotten his ass kicked,it was on the process of getting his ass kicked,or was just in an overall shitty situation
    No its because you don't understand Urouge's power. His power is basically absorbing any damage he gets and using it to power him up. Thats why he beefed up back in sabaody and thats why his attack was called a karmic punch.
    HOW COME LUFFY NEVER KILLS AN ENEMY?
    ODA:ITS BECAUSE IN THAT ERA EVERYONE USES THEIR LIVES TO FIGHT FOR THEIR DREAMS. FOR AN ENEMY WHEN THEIR DREAM HAS BEEN SHATTERED,IT IS AS PAINFUL AS DEATH,I BELIEVE FOR A PIRATE NOT TO KILL AN ENEMY , IT'S GIVING THEM A SECOND CHANCE TO FIGHT FOR THEIR DREAMS.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information