Closed Thread

Thread: Looking to work with an artist

Default Looking to work with an artist

Hey everyone,

I was just wondering where one would go if they are interested in working with an artist or someone who can make a webcomic. I am a writer, and would love to create something I enjoy but I don't know how to find someone to do the art and visual styles I just work on the story.
    Time spent wishing,is time wasted.

Default Re: Looking to work with an artist

That's not the way you collaborate in a project. Also, i think it's the wrong place to post this.
    Working thru some stuff. Dunno how long i will be here.

What do you mean that isn't how you collaborate? I imagine all people who are good at visual art also know how to properly construct a story or characters.

Also, this is a general discussion board, I imagine the rules on what is allowed here are pretty vague. And even if they weren't, this is a general discussion for anyone interested in getting involved with webcomics. I know it's something I've been interested in and I'm sure someone else is as well.

When you collaborate in a project you can't just "write" and let the other half work independenty (even more if the script isn't thought to be visual). you have to throw the ideas and stories back and forth tor the collaboration to be fruitful and succesful.
    Working thru some stuff. Dunno how long i will be here.

Well, duh-doi.

The word "collaboration" already implies that. I don't want to be a story dictator and make it only the way I perceive it. In my eyes, that will only lessen the artistic value and its' visual medium because the artist will be working on something he/she isn't passionate about. I just want to help people with their stories, I guess. And I want to know how to start, it'd be an interesting experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Tai View Post
    What do you mean that isn't how you collaborate? I imagine all people who are good at visual art also know how to properly construct a story or characters.

Also, this is a general discussion board, I imagine the rules on what is allowed here are pretty vague. And even if they weren't, this is a general discussion for anyone interested in getting involved with webcomics. I know it's something I've been interested in and I'm sure someone else is as well.
    No this section is for news, personal life stuff and the occasional silly thread.
    Go post this is the creativity section.

That's funny because right under where it says "general discussion" it says "talk about anything here." Please stop the main point of this thread with your inconsistent law-enforcement, moderator.

Deviantart forums, conceptart.org forums, cgsociety forums, etc
    All of these have job sections where you can post and ask for help.

Quote Originally Posted by Tai View Post
    That's funny because right under where it says "general discussion" it says "talk about anything here." Please stop the main point of this thread with your inconsistent law-enforcement, moderator.
    Talk about anything that doesn't really fit anywhere else, yo. You don't see anime/manga/video game stuff in Gen discussion.

Also, Seniors aren't mods, but they tend to say some helpful advice. Please make an effort to listen when it comes to forum etiquette

Closed Thread

Thread Information