+ Reply to Thread
Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43
Results 841 to 859 of 859

Thread: Ducktales- new series! Woohoo!

  1. #841

    Default Re: Ducktales- new series! Woohoo!

    First Adventure was great.
    Spoiler:
    Lots of callbacks to the comics and 80's is always welcomed. It's great seeing how FOWL first started and that Beakley took over as SHUSH Director after Von Drake "died" (I still don't think he's dead.).

    Can't forget about Duckworth. You can tell he and Scrooge had been together for a long time. Della and Donald were fun. Black Heron and Bradford were fantastic. A shame we didn't get to see Scooge's sister though. Overall, just a fun episode.

    And, no Dewey!

    NNID: jervinnectar

  2. #842
    Someone call for Zeidoktor sgamer82's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Middleton, ID

    Default Re: Ducktales- new series! Woohoo!

    Quote Originally Posted by Nectar View Post
    First Adventure was great.
    Spoiler:
    Lots of callbacks to the comics and 80's is always welcomed. It's great seeing how FOWL first started and that Beakley took over as SHUSH Director after Von Drake "died" (I still don't think he's dead.).

    Can't forget about Duckworth. You can tell he and Scrooge had been together for a long time. Della and Donald were fun. Black Heron and Bradford were fantastic. A shame we didn't get to see Scooge's sister though. Overall, just a fun episode.

    And, no Dewey!
    That letter Hortense left for Scrooge is essentially the exact same letter Donald reads in the original cartoon that introduced Huey, Dewey and Louie way back when.

    Edit: Or thought it was. I couldn't find the firecracker reference when I looked up the cartoon on youtube.
    Last edited by sgamer82; November 16th, 2020 at 10:31 PM.
    Waldorf: You know Statler, after watching the last nine hundred episodes of One Piece, I think I've come to a conclusion.
    Statler: No you haven't.
    Both: DOHOHOHOHOHO!

  3. #843

    Default Re: Ducktales- new series! Woohoo!

    Quote Originally Posted by sgamer82 View Post
    That letter Hortense left for Scrooge is essentially the exact same letter Donald reads in the original cartoon that introduced Huey, Dewey and Louie way back when.

    Edit: Or thought it was. I couldn't find the firecracker reference when I looked up the cartoon on youtube.
    More like the comic counterpart in Taliaferro comics strips.
    Prediction.
    Quote Originally Posted by rayleigh92 View Post
    a team of allosaurus, spinosaurus, pterodactyl, branchiosaurus, triceratops and ankylosaurus, keeping the T-Rex one for King and megalodon for Queen.
    Quote Originally Posted by rayleigh92 View Post
    what if Rocks wanted to become the king of world... and he did i? Imu revealed to be Rocks could be a twist

  4. #844
    Just badass Sano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Keokuk, Iowa

    Default Re: Ducktales- new series! Woohoo!

    Great episode. I really enjoyed Cristina Vee's performance as Young Donald. I like that we got a lot of references to the comics, the Disney shorts, and Treasure of the Golden Sun on this week episode. Also I'm happy that we got to see how FOWL came to be as well how Bradford got his job at McDuck Enterprises.

    I hope we eventually see how Mrs. Beakley leaves SHUSH and begins working for Scrooge at the manor.

  5. #845
    Just badass Sano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Keokuk, Iowa

    Default Re: Ducktales- new series! Woohoo!

    Here is a clip for this Monday's episode of Ducktales, with the debut of Matilda.


  6. #846

    Default Re: Ducktales- new series! Woohoo!

    Do they have sentient ostrich people in the world of Ducktales?

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---

    Also is that a genuine scotish accent, because it's pretty on point.

  7. #847

    Default Re: Ducktales- new series! Woohoo!

    Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    Also is that a genuine scotish accent, because it's pretty on point.
    Yep. Matilda is voiced by Michelle Gomez who, in addition to being Scottish like David Tennant, is also a Doctor Who alumnus.

  8. #848

    Default Re: Ducktales- new series! Woohoo!

    So we've got the 10th Doctor, Martha, and Missy in the cast now.

    Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible. - Frank Zappa

  9. #849

    Default Re: Ducktales- new series! Woohoo!

    Plus Catherine Tate as Magica.
    Complicating things since 2009.

  10. #850

    Default Re: Ducktales- new series! Woohoo!

    Quote Originally Posted by CosmicDebris View Post
    So we've got the 10th Doctor, Martha, and Missy in the cast now.
    I think you mean Donna (Catherine Tate as Ubiq said). Martha was played by Freema Agyeman who, to date, has not appeared in Ducktales.

  11. #851

    Default Re: Ducktales- new series! Woohoo!

    Can we have a crossover already? Doctor Duck?


  12. #852
    Just badass Sano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Keokuk, Iowa

    Default Re: Ducktales- new series! Woohoo!

    Here is a clip for next week christmas special.


  13. #853

    Default Re: Ducktales- new series! Woohoo!

    Wow Louie speaking some truth. No one likes Dewey.


  14. #854

    Default Re: Ducktales- new series! Woohoo!

    I'm glad to see the consensus on Dewey has finally caught up to where I was after the Atlantis episode.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    Is Dewey supposed to be this unlikable? I've left the marathon on as background noise and he seems worse the more I pay attention to him.
    Complicating things since 2009.

  15. #855

    Default Re: Ducktales- new series! Woohoo!

    He has been the most annoying sibling since the start, but his Della Arc on S1 compensated for some of that.


  16. #856
    They put em in Smash Bros! Conekiller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Miami

    Default Re: Ducktales- new series! Woohoo!

    I don't dislike Dewey, but hes my least favorite of the triplets.

    I wanna see a Huey/Webby team up again. Feels like she gets paired with Dewey too often.
    [
    Please visit my Deviant art gallery.
    There will be Punch and Pie!

  17. #857

    Default Re: Ducktales- new series! Woohoo!

    Quote Originally Posted by pariston_hill View Post
    He has been the most annoying sibling since the start, but his Della Arc on S1 compensated for some of that.
    There was always a "one step forward, two steps back" moment there for me during that story arc though; like leaving his brothers out of the loop for so long.
    Complicating things since 2009.

  18. #858

    Default Re: Ducktales- new series! Woohoo!

    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    There was always a one step forward, two steps back there for me though; like leaving his brothers out of the loop for so long.
    Agreed, but there at least downplayed his annoying ego-centrism.


  19. #859

    Default Re: Ducktales- new series! Woohoo!

    Donald shouldn't have tried to juggle the eggs.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts