+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Better Call Saul

Default Re: Better Call Saul

=) Looks like it. Doomsday is definitely getting closer.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver R. Bolt View Post
    My favorite gag is when the waitress asked if they want more coffe, Saul said no, the wife said no, the husband puts up his coffee cup and the waitress had already walked away.
    They improvised that.

Quote Originally Posted by playercena5241 View Post
    Last night Chhuck went outside. HE IS CURED.
    He's "cured" because, as Skogstroll pointed out, his condition is directly tied to the way Jimmy lives his life. When he took his younger brother out of prison, Jimmy promised he would fix his ways, but he probably did something very bad that triggered Chuck's disease (as hinted by the doctor a couple of episodes ago).
    Jimmy is fighting for a good cause right now, so that's bringing Chuck back on his feet. Obviously, as we know by the way the "Saul Goodman" persona resurfaced, that won't last forever.

Jimmy losing his way again, Chuck getting worse and dying, making Jimmy/Saul go all "screw morals" afterwards is a likely event leading up to the kind of lawyer we came to know in BrB. At least, the way things are looking now (i'm actually more curious to learn what happened to Howard and Kim).
    Last edited by goty; March 29th, 2015 at 09:47 PM.

what an arrogant piece of shit! after all that Jimmy has done for him and he treats him this way.
    why can't Jimmy just take the case to another Law firm?

i like john cena and randy playercena5241's Avatar

I AM SO MAD AT CHUCK RIGHT NOW. If I was a lawyer I would hire my sis Theresa.

YOU SUCK CHUCK.

NEVER GIVE UP.
    STRAGHT EDGE MEANS I BETTER THAN U.

Dammit Chuck. I don't know if I still like him after this episode. At least we got more Mike action.

Wow... I... did not see that coming.

Seeing people talk about how they hate chuck after the episode (haven't seen it yet) is sad cause it felt like Chuck was finally likeable in the episode before.

Do yourself a favour and avoid social media before you watch a new episode of BCS. I do.

It's hard to avoid the linked news on Facebook but I can run from the other sites until I get home from work and get to watch it on tuseday evening (Sweden is 6+ hours ahead of the US so it's released in the middle of the night and I wouldn't be able to enjoy it properly early in the morning). Once I watched one of the promos and while it wasn't too revealing it still gave away too much. I don't watch trailers for Marvel movies or other similar things I'm 99% certain I'll watch either. Too many spoilers.

Quote Originally Posted by Skogstroll View Post
    Do yourself a favour and avoid social media before you watch a new episode of BCS. I do.

It's hard to avoid the linked news on Facebook but I can run from the other sites until I get home from work and get to watch it on tuseday evening (Sweden is 6+ hours ahead of the US so it's released in the middle of the night and I wouldn't be able to enjoy it properly early in the morning). Once I watched one of the promos and while it wasn't too revealing it still gave away too much. I don't watch trailers for Marvel movies or other similar things I'm 99% certain I'll watch either. Too many spoilers.

Honestly, no one in my socials are talking about the show. :/ Like I don't follow or like it on Facebook so no new updates there, and Tumblr is too busy trying to ruin Steven Universe haha.

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

Spoiler:
    Chuck has a point. Chuck has lived with Saul, he grew up with him. He's put up with all his criminal shenanigans. Even during the season we see Saul do that amazing turn of events with the Billboard. That's the type of person Saul is, he is Slippin Jimmy. He can be Good Slippin Jimmy or Bad Slippin Jimmy but from where we know he ends up and from what we've seen from him so far he is that guy that Chuck calls him out on being.

Chuck should have been upfront with it though. He shouldn't have been backstabbing him like that for years. I would hate to be Howard and be forced in the middle of that. Also his point with Saul's easy degree is kind of invalidated because the Bar exam determines whether he is qualified to be a lawyers, not his school of choice. And he passed the same exam that Chuck did. But again Chuck has had to live with this guy, he's watched him just skate through life and for someone like Chuck who probably had his nose to grindstone since high school, people like that can be infuriating.

A lot of emotions. The caviar of the south. A knit tie. A really great episode.

I've been in defend Chuck overload.
    Not that he wasn't doing wrong because he shouldn't have been as sneaky and strung him along but people forget that Saul regularly reverts to his slipping ways and that before this Chuck had given him many chances, let him off the hook, and has been wronged and humiliated by him.

Quote Originally Posted by Taggerung View Post
    Spoiler:
    Also his point with Saul's easy degree is kind of invalidated because the Bar exam determines whether he is qualified to be a lawyers, not his school of choice. And he passed the same exam that Chuck did.
    Spoiler:
    You're correct on that, but I feel that Chuck's reason for the backstabbing isn't so much because Jimmy isn't a "qualified" lawyer, but more because Jimmy has been looking for the easy way out of things and getting away with his shenanigans. Chuck has done things by the books and worked hard to where he got, and seeing Jimmy get to it in less time and effort just irks him.
    I can sympathize with Chuck, but still… Jimmy's worked hard for the cases he's picked up in BCS, and it's just heart breaking to see his own brother not support him fully.

Chuck is a big sonofab*tch. I guess he was also responsible for firing Saul before.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver R. Bolt View Post
    Honestly, no one in my socials are talking about the show. :/ Like I don't follow or like it on Facebook so no new updates there, and Tumblr is too busy trying to ruin Steven Universe haha.
    I'm probably the only one in my circles that watch it too but I follow the BCS page on Facebook and it updates very quickly after an episode airs + it links to sites that talk about it. Not only that, but FB automatically link to articles and the likes that talk about BCS.

As for tumblr I recommend; http://heisenbergchronicles.tumblr.com/
    There might be a bit too much spam with fanart and the like but the observations are good and there is a lot of behind the scene info (and stuff) they link to.

Loved Breaking Bad, and I'm loving this so far. It's got all the drama that Breaking Bad had but it puts it in a funnier light, and that's no bad thing at all in my books.

And HOW AWESOME was this week's episode? For the simple reason that Steven Ogg got punched stylishly in the throat.

Mike doesn't know it, but he had one hell of a luxury there - how many people can honestly say they were able to punch TREVOR FREAKING PHILLIPS in the throat and get away with it?

Xbox Live - Santouryu Alpha
    PSN - ReaperMatrix

It definitely seemed to me as jimmy walked out of chucks house that his saul goodman side began to emerge. I wouldn't be surprised to see his disappointment and sadness turn into resentment and anger and saul goodman to be born at the end of the season finale. the show is called "better call saul" after all, and we have yet to see saul this season. it seems like a lot to fit into an episode, but i can see him going to hhm, giving them the case, then taking that money to start his own practice as saul.

Quote Originally Posted by AfroPower View Post
    Chuck is a big sonofab*tch. I guess he was also responsible for firing Saul before.
    He didn't hire him not fire him and it was justified.
    The unjustified part was how he went about it.

i like john cena and randy playercena5241's Avatar

The ass hole should of been honest with Jimmy. HE HAD BEEN LYING FOR OVER A YEARS.

NEVER GIVE UP.
    STRAGHT EDGE MEANS I BETTER THAN U.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information