+ Reply to Thread
Page 93 of 139 FirstFirst ... 43 83 91 92 93 94 95 103 ... LastLast
Results 1,841 to 1,860 of 2778

Thread: Oda's Interviews

  1. #1841

    Default Re: Oda's Interviews

    Quote Originally Posted by uniaka ikuzakas View Post
    That was out of the window the second everyone important in OP was related to luffy. The problem with vinsmokes is not introduce or tease them more before chapter 800 or when they got first revealed. Like give sanji some inferior raid suit since pre ts if you just plan to turn him into power rangers and give up on his unique leg fgihter cook style anyway.
    And vinsmokes are rather important but not on par with luffy's relatives. Like they are some warmongers family we never heard about until recently that want north blue. And they don't influence the big plot of op beyond them wanting to ally with yonkou family. Like judge is some 3rd scientist in the world after CC and vegapunk thing, not really yonkou or hero of marines, son of pirate king, vice pirate king, second man in revolutionaries, or most wanted man or anything like that.

    At this point they just look like excuse to give sanji power up. Like zoro revealed to be from some swordmen family and they give him new sword.
    This comes up a lot. If a character isn't all powerful or directly connected to a Yonko, WG or Luffy, they might seem irrelevant to some.

    So, the Vinsmokes being

    - formerly allied with WG
    - connections to Underworld
    - technologically advanced
    - history with North Blue

    have no purpose to you outside of giving Sanji the Raid Suit? The Research Team can have no possible insight on the Void Century? Being a WG affiliated Royal or not isn't a topic at hand? The Underworld isn't heavily hinted as complimenting the Pirate World? Judge's remarks about 300 years worth of resentful spirits? There was never any ranking stated or confirmed between Caesar, VP and Judge. Some even say that Caesar was on that Research team and outside of Caesar being familiar with Judge and VP, nothing confirms that. I remember there was a misunderstanding of the Vivre Card, so many took it as him being confirmed as part of the team.

    I feel that being WG affiliated Royals served as what they are capable of. They were able to make the, 1st to our knowledge, alive only bounty. They dabble in the Underworld while being WG affiliated and we come to understand that the WG isn't incapable of associating itself with others in that same capacity. We see how even Yonko, with all their power and influence, can value a Kingdom and science. We see that Judge has a purpose that isn't fully explained yet and can expound (not justify) his methods. He was part of the team that made findings on the Lineage Factor. That is a major plot point that can be connected to the origins of DF.

  2. #1842

    Default Re: Oda's Interviews

    Agree with me/Disagree with me


    I think there are 2 CORE and 1 pretty important set of plotlines we have to get before Luffy and Crew reach The Final Island. I personally think we need more to solidify Jinbe and possibly another crew member's place in the crew. The longevity of the voyage helps with that.

    - Elbaf: The most obvious one. Has been teased for 800 chapters at this point. I think this arc is going to do much more than just Giants or end Big Mom's story (if Wano isnt the definitive end to her story arc). I think a lot of people have this idea that the great tree in the center of the island is Yggdrasil, and there is this slight feeling, that due to being so large, it reaches to other sky islands. I firmly believe this will feature Urogue, Enel's return, possibly moon related concepts (I think Minks in Wano are going to talk a little about this). I think alot of these arcs involve Oda trying to put as much as he can in the end. This will be dressrosa-esque in that it will cover much more than just giants or Loki.

    - Vegapunk: The other very obvious choice. Vegapunk has been thes center in a TON of things even post-timeskip, without Kuma. Giantification, Caesar, Judge, the lineage factor, Orochi wanting Vegapunk, the shichibukai replacements. We are BOUND for a Vegapunk centric arc. On top of this you have the Kuma centric/Bonney/Revolutionary plotlines. Hell, it may even involve CP-0. There is a ton we dont know about devil fruits, the plots for CC and Judge are not finished. And much more. This arc, imo, is just as necessary as Elbaf. Smoker and Tashigi have been notably absent, and Ryokugyu has yet to be shown. This may be the perfect time for it all.

    - Underworld: This one is more of a stretch on my part ill give it that. Ill consider this more of a plotline rather than a concetrated arc. However, there are a myriad of OP plotlines that need tying up before the end. One especially is the Underworld. Oda introduced 6 Emperors (not sure if its everyone) and only really touched on 2 of them, the other 4 (well, 1 was meh anyway) are completely egnimatic. We also have the concept that Doflamingo has a replacement that Jack needs to find. They've been central to every arc so far, in a very odd way. Another one of those pounts is Pluton's actual location. I believe one of these people knows where it is. It will be a central plot point. We didnt get those bits of info in Alabasta and Water 7 for nothing. Uranus is likely something fantasitcal, like an item per say (perhaps it will be found at Elbaf), but Pluton is a large warship. The information of its location is invaluable, and the WG clearly does not have it because of what we know about W7. I think Crocodile will be centric to this arc because of his desire to claim it beforehand. Other than this, silver medalist Impel Down escapees are also roaming about. I can see them being here, wherever this location is.

    I do think the ancient weapons are fundamental to ending the series, hence why I think that last arc needs to happen or Elbaf may be central to it.

    Other than this, I am unsure where plot points like Marco/Weevil fall, or Moria (if not in Wano). Shanks and BB will probably be central to everything., but I do think the above needs to happen in concetrated arcs, imo.
    Last edited by Gia Sado; August 18th, 2019 at 04:12 PM.

  3. #1843
    Arf. (ᵔᴥᵔ) FelRes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    SoCal

    Default Re: Oda's Interviews

    I could see Teach killing Shanks at the climax of Elbaf to set things in motion. With Big Mom and Luffy around too, it would be a good way to see where the emperors stand with each other for the finale. I don't expect moon stuff there at all. I think that's gonna be even further into the endgame.
    Steam | Battle.net: FelRes#1963
    \(゜∀゜ ) TSUKAME PURAIDO !
     \( `ー´)TSUKAME SUCCESS !

  4. #1844

    Default Re: Oda's Interviews

    90 minutes ago, Japanese Youtubers called Fischer's posted a video of Oda’s studio. They held an interview with Oda.
    Here is my summary of the interview. Oda said he’d like to finish OP in 5 years. He kindly gave 7 autographs to each of the Youtubers.

    Video: https://youtu.be/sTgvB0Vpyxk

    - Oda says he’d like to finish OP in 5 years.
    - The great incident caused by Straw Hat Grand Fleet mentioned in Dressrosa arc will happen “soon”. (Not sure how exactly “soon” Oda meant)
    - Oda loves Sushi so much.
    - Oda’s shoe size is 26.5cm.
    - Oda started playing futsal for the first time in 20 years, but he ended up getting injured many times. So he recently decided to take a walk to improve his health.
    -There is a rumor that Oda has Automated Teller Machine to withdraw money in his house, but he denies.
    - Oda says Stampede has a hint about Raftel that OP fans would be willing to discuss. (Probably implying "Laugh Tale" thing. Now we can safely assume the romanization is official.)
    - Oda didn’t draw Raftel island in the map mentioned by Crocus.
    - After a discussion about Bullet’s bounty in Stampede, they decided not to reveal it
    - Straw Hats broke up in Sabaody before time skip. The locations where each crewmates sent (ex. Amazon Lily) were chosen by Kuma’s own will.

    Hidden:







    [EDIT] Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if it takes another 10-15 years to finish OP since his wish to finish the series in 5 years and his estimation are not necessarily the same..
    Raftel and Kuma stuffs sound like bigger news.
    Last edited by sandman; August 30th, 2019 at 04:14 AM.

  5. #1845

    Default Re: Oda's Interviews

    Quote Originally Posted by sandman View Post
    Today Japanese Youtubers called Fischer's posted a video of Oda’s studio. They held an interview with Oda.
    Here is my summary of the interview. Oda said he’d like to finish OP in 5 years. He kindly gave 7 autographs to each of the Youtubers.

    Video: https://youtu.be/sTgvB0Vpyxk

    - Oda says he’d like to finish OP in 5 years.
    - The great incident caused by Straw Hat Grand Fleet mentioned in Dressrosa arc will happen “soon”. (Not sure how exactly “soon” Oda meant)
    - Oda loves Sushi so much.
    - Oda’s shoe size is 26.5cm.
    - Oda started playing futsal for the first time in 20 years, but he ended up getting injured many times. So he recently decided to take a walk to improve his health.
    -There is a rumor that Oda has Automated Teller Machine to withdraw money in his house, but he denies.
    - Oda says Stampede has a hint about Raftel that OP fans would be willing to discuss. (Probably implying "Laugh Tale" thing. Now we can safely assume the romanization is official.)
    - Oda didn’t draw Raftel island in the map mentioned by Crocus.
    - After a discussion about Bullet’s bounty in Stampede, they decided not to reveal it
    - Straw Hats broke up in Sabaody before time skip. The locations where each crewmates sent (ex. Amazon Lily) were chosen by Kuma’s own will.

    Thanks sandman

    So 5 years? A year or 2 for wano, a year for the missing poneglyph, then 2 years for the final arc sounds about right

  6. #1846

    Default Re: Oda's Interviews

    Quote Originally Posted by sandman View Post
    90 minutes ago, Japanese Youtubers called Fischer's posted a video of Oda’s studio. They held an interview with Oda.
    Here is my summary of the interview. Oda said he’d like to finish OP in 5 years. He kindly gave 7 autographs to each of the Youtubers.

    Video: https://youtu.be/sTgvB0Vpyxk

    - Oda says he’d like to finish OP in 5 years.
    - The great incident caused by Straw Hat Grand Fleet mentioned in Dressrosa arc will happen “soon”. (Not sure how exactly “soon” Oda meant)
    - Oda loves Sushi so much.
    - Oda’s shoe size is 26.5cm.
    - Oda started playing futsal for the first time in 20 years, but he ended up getting injured many times. So he recently decided to take a walk to improve his health.
    -There is a rumor that Oda has Automated Teller Machine to withdraw money in his house, but he denies.
    - Oda says Stampede has a hint about Raftel that OP fans would be willing to discuss. (Probably implying "Laugh Tale" thing. Now we can safely assume the romanization is official.)
    - Oda didn’t draw Raftel island in the map mentioned by Crocus.
    - After a discussion about Bullet’s bounty in Stampede, they decided not to reveal it
    - Straw Hats broke up in Sabaody before time skip. The locations where each crewmates sent (ex. Amazon Lily) were chosen by Kuma’s own will.



    [EDIT] Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if it takes another 10-15 years to finish OP since his wish to finish the series in 5 years and his estimation are not necessarily the same..
    Raftel and Kuma stuffs sound like bigger news.
    Those Youtubers are lucky bastards. Hope they were big enough Fans to appreciate what a rare honor that was.


    The Kuma thing isn't really that big a revelation because what else could it have been?
    HOW COME LUFFY NEVER KILLS AN ENEMY?
    ODA:ITS BECAUSE IN THAT ERA EVERYONE USES THEIR LIVES TO FIGHT FOR THEIR DREAMS. FOR AN ENEMY WHEN THEIR DREAM HAS BEEN SHATTERED,IT IS AS PAINFUL AS DEATH,I BELIEVE FOR A PIRATE NOT TO KILL AN ENEMY , IT'S GIVING THEM A SECOND CHANCE TO FIGHT FOR THEIR DREAMS.

  7. #1847

    Default Re: Oda's Interviews

    Grand Fleet to Wano!
    Thanks for the info Sandman.

  8. #1848

    Default Re: Oda's Interviews

    Maybe not 5 years,but i can see the manga ending in 7-8 years. Wano will be very long,at least another 2 years,but there wont be so much left after it. We will probably go straight to the final arc of the series (which will be very long as well and will include Elbaf,and maybe the Moon),so 2 more years to complete Wano and 5 years for this big final arc makes 7 years.

  9. #1849

    Default Re: Oda's Interviews

    I always took the Kuma thing as confirmed since his role is pretty clear, test and assess the Strawhats on Thriller Bark, save them and give them opportunity to grow in Shabondy.

    So he bet on Luffy and co to bring the new era, similar to Shanks.

    And the 5 years thing, i hope nobody takes that seriously.

  10. #1850

    Default Re: Oda's Interviews

    I don't see him finishing in 5 years but i also don't see it lasting longer than 10 .
    TLG , FFVIIR and Shenmue 3 2015 the E3 of dreams .

  11. #1851

    Default Re: Oda's Interviews

    Quote Originally Posted by sandman View Post
    90 minutes ago, Japanese Youtubers called Fischer's posted a video of Oda’s studio. They held an interview with Oda.
    Here is my summary of the interview. Oda said he’d like to finish OP in 5 years. He kindly gave 7 autographs to each of the Youtubers.

    Video: https://youtu.be/sTgvB0Vpyxk

    - Oda says he’d like to finish OP in 5 years.
    - The great incident caused by Straw Hat Grand Fleet mentioned in Dressrosa arc will happen “soon”. (Not sure how exactly “soon” Oda meant)
    - Oda loves Sushi so much.
    - Oda’s shoe size is 26.5cm.
    - Oda started playing futsal for the first time in 20 years, but he ended up getting injured many times. So he recently decided to take a walk to improve his health.
    -There is a rumor that Oda has Automated Teller Machine to withdraw money in his house, but he denies.
    - Oda says Stampede has a hint about Raftel that OP fans would be willing to discuss. (Probably implying "Laugh Tale" thing. Now we can safely assume the romanization is official.)
    - Oda didn’t draw Raftel island in the map mentioned by Crocus.
    - After a discussion about Bullet’s bounty in Stampede, they decided not to reveal it
    - Straw Hats broke up in Sabaody before time skip. The locations where each crewmates sent (ex. Amazon Lily) were chosen by Kuma’s own will.



    [EDIT] Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if it takes another 10-15 years to finish OP since his wish to finish the series in 5 years and his estimation are not necessarily the same..
    Raftel and Kuma stuffs sound like bigger news.
    Q. Are Oven, Daifuku and Katakuri the children of Big Mom and ○○○○?
    A. No

    Q.Is Zoro’s teacher, Koshiro, in the Revolutionary Army?
    A.[bleeped out]

    Q. About the ○○ of Laugh Tale...[bleeped out]
    A. It’s hard to answer questions about Laugh Tale...
    Editor: can I put a stop to this discussion?

    Q. Is Laugh Tale on the map in the opening(We are)?
    A.No

    Q. What do you think of the “there’re two Shanks” theory? Because the scar disappeared from time to time and he moved way too fast during the Summit War.
    A. [Bleeped out]
    Oda: I often forget to draw his scars
    Last edited by KaidoBoby; August 30th, 2019 at 03:19 PM.

  12. #1852

    Default Re: Oda's Interviews

    Oda wanting to finish OP in 5 times means nothing regarding how long it will actually take. Even when he seemed a lot more certain (like "Wano is going to start this year") he still failed miserably to predict how long it takes him to advance, and this time it sounds more like wishfully thinking than actual predicting.

    Still, the fact he would like to do so probably hints he is trying to do so and that alone means a lot regardless. In face of how long big arcs take in OP, it should be impossible for anyone to think possible to end it in 5 years, so if Oda thinks it could be done... well, let's say all the offscreening we are seeing in Wano will probably become the new standard.
    Last edited by .access timeco.; August 30th, 2019 at 10:59 AM.

  13. #1853

    Default Re: Oda's Interviews

    Say goodbye to elbaf
    Chapter 437 Discussion after franky decides to join the Strawhats:
    So who think Usopp is inside that duffelbag?
    H x H Chimera Ant Arc / OP Manga Spoiler
    Spoiler:



  14. #1854

    Default Re: Oda's Interviews

    That Ghostbusters thing in the wall is so random.

  15. #1855

    Default Re: Oda's Interviews

    Oda: OP is 50% completed. It will finish in 10 years.
    10 years later.
    Oda: OP is 70-80% completed. It will finish in 5 years.
    Oooook, suuuure.
    "Let's go to the New World! Yeah!"

  16. #1856
    Ou l‘optimisme Candide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Berlin

    Default Re: Oda's Interviews

    Quote Originally Posted by kevo_koma View Post

    The Kuma thing isn't really that big a revelation because what else could it have been?
    An order from Dragon.

  17. #1857

    Default Re: Oda's Interviews

    Quote Originally Posted by danilomaster87 View Post
    Oda: OP is 50% completed. It will finish in 10 years.
    10 years later.
    Oda: OP is 70-80% completed. It will finish in 5 years.
    Oooook, suuuure.
    Honestly going to strong guess and say it will still take him ~10 years to finish. Once he realizes how much he has to tie up (he probably focuses on the now and doesn't leave himself time to daydream about his own story), it will keep extending.

    I still personally think we have ~2 more years of Wano, followed by Vegapunk and Elbaf arcs (which may take a year or 2 each), perhaps another one, then Raftel and the Final War (which will probably be OPs largest arc by far).

    Its important we remember that authors of big stories like this often have trouble finishing them on time. Look at friggin JRRM and ASOIAF. Guaranteed he's going to do an 8th book after releasing the 6th and 7th lol. We are lucky Oda is still young and can do this for another decade.

    If he enjoys his work, it will continue as long as it needs.

  18. #1858

    Default Re: Oda's Interviews

    Quote Originally Posted by Gia Sado View Post
    Honestly going to strong guess and say it will still take him ~10 years to finish. Once he realizes how much he has to tie up (he probably focuses on the now and doesn't leave himself time to daydream about his own story), it will keep extending.

    I still personally think we have ~2 more years of Wano, followed by Vegapunk and Elbaf arcs (which may take a year or 2 each), perhaps another one, then Raftel and the Final War (which will probably be OPs largest arc by far).

    Its important we remember that authors of big stories like this often have trouble finishing them on time. Look at friggin JRRM and ASOIAF. Guaranteed he's going to do an 8th book after releasing the 6th and 7th lol. We are lucky Oda is still young and can do this for another decade.

    If he enjoys his work, it will continue as long as it needs.
    What if Vegapunk comes into play in this Wano-Reverie arc and Elbaf will actually be a part of the final arc? (Very possibile for these two reasons: Oda loves vikings and said they are the main reason he fell in love with pirates,so he could have planned them to be a part of this pivotal part of the story,and also its the place where Usopp will realize his dream,and this sound like 'endgame material' to me)

  19. #1859

    Default Re: Oda's Interviews

    Quote Originally Posted by KaidoBoby View Post
    Q. Are Oven, Daifuku and Katakuri the children of Big Mom and ○○○○?
    A. No
    Wait. Hold on.

    So Oda definitively debunked Kaido being their dad?

    Quote Originally Posted by KaidoBoby View Post
    Q.Is Zoro’s teacher, Koshiro, in the Revolutionary Army?
    A.[bleeped out]
    Interesting.
    K-F|Jango

  20. #1860

    Default Re: Oda's Interviews

    Quote Originally Posted by NamiRobinFrankyAce View Post
    What if Vegapunk comes into play in this Wano-Reverie arc and Elbaf will actually be a part of the final arc? (Very possibile for these two reasons: Oda loves vikings and said they are the main reason he fell in love with pirates,so he could have planned them to be a part of this pivotal part of the story,and also its the place where Usopp will realize his dream,and this sound like 'endgame material' to me)
    I'm not sure why people think this. Orochi's comment with CP-0 was just to show how insane he was with his demands. I highly doubt Vegapunk goes anywhere near Wano.

    The fact that Smoker and Tashigi were missing during the Reverie proves to me that he's saving them for a further arc.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (1 members and 1 guests)

  1. Mog

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts