View Poll Results: Who is The Big Bad Wolf?

Voters
669. You may not vote on this poll
  • Marshall D. Teach "Blackbeard"

431 64.42%
  • Sakazuki "Akainu"

39 5.83%
  • The Gorosei

93 13.90%
  • Shanks "Red Hair

15 2.24%
  • Charlotte LinLin "Big Mom"

3 0.45%
  • Kaidou "The man of a thousand beasts"

3 0.45%
  • Kong

2 0.30%
  • Dragon

7 1.05%
  • Seventh Shichibukai

2 0.30%
  • Other

74 11.06%
Closed Thread
Page 74 of 112 FirstFirst ... 24 64 72 73 74 75 76 84 ... LastLast
Results 1,461 to 1,480 of 2240

Thread: Who is the final villain in One Piece? 2.0

Default Re: Who is the final villain in One Piece? 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    Well, I'd like more than just fight with a strong dude. If he had just a little more personality than M. Bison from Street Fighter 2, I might budge a little.
    From the little we've seen from him, I'd say Shiliew DOES have an interesting personality. Apologizing after he kills his victims (whether genuinely or not), being a Blackbeard Pirate that actually likes to be prepared (he had an antidote stowed away for Magellan's poison and scolds them in the post-Marineford saga for not being ready for the New World), and as bonuses to his villain cred, he's creepy, very bloodthirsty, and also commands one of Blackbeard's top divisions.

Quote Originally Posted by Demonicpoodle View Post
    From the little we've seen from him, I'd say Shiliew DOES have an interesting personality. Apologizing after he kills his victims (whether genuinely or not), being a Blackbeard Pirate that actually likes to be prepared (he had an antidote stowed away for Magellan's poison and scolds them in the post-Marineford saga for not being ready for the New World), and as bonuses to his villain cred, he's creepy, very bloodthirsty, and also commands one of Blackbeard's top divisions.
    That's just basic stuff. He's more or less like Lucci now. I'm having doubts he can actually be made into something a lot more interesting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.

It would be great if got to see more of them from time to time. Just to show us they are more than just cartoon villains. Shillew, for example. Why was he working in ID? Why was he killing prisoners? Why did he join BB so readily? Why does he still dress in ID uniform 2 years after leaving ID? Any one of those questions answered would do a lot.
    Because he liked being in a position of authority where he could readily beat the shit out of people and have it be okay. He's a corrupt cop. ANd he joined BB so readily because he'd been waiting for someone of that kind of personality and nature. And it was only temporary contigent on how the "Kill whitebeard and take his fruit away" plan worked. Once it did, he was convinced.

I dunno why he's still wearing the uniform other than maybe Oda wanted him to remain recognizable for the one panel he was in, or keep the Impel Down connection in mind. Changed the badge at least.

There's a potential problem there. If it does happen, I don't see how it could be shown. Nevermind Mihawk, but for Shillew to beat him, we would have to see him put out his strongest stuff. Which might mean there wouldn't be any unknowns in Zoro vs Shillew. Then again, not showing Mihawk's full extent before killing the guy? Inconceivable.
    I think Ace versus Blackbeard is a pretty good example to go by. We can see a whole mess of devastating attacks, followed up by a trump card (diamond skin) that Mihawk just can't quite beat. End with a giant massive explosion attack that shows a shitload of destruction potential and cuts an island in half from both of them.

Side bonus, Zoro trained under Mihawk. He could have some flashbacks during that final fight, and have one or two of Mihawk's moves in his repertoire that he's saving up for real fight. Just imagine him using the same slash that gave him the chest scar on Shiryu as a final move. (WHo would of course have turned his back to run away)

Just don't see both BB killing Shanks and Shillew killing Mihawk. It would have to be either or, I think.
    DOn't forget Yasopp. He has to get screwed over too.

They don't all have to die though, just Shanks. Being roughed up and beaten bloody is enough for the other two.

And Shanks has to die because otherwise the final war will, no matter how obvious it is that Luffy is in charge, be accredited to his strength and leadership and well... he's currently floating out there as a trump card that could save Luffy from any serious crisis. Just can't have that at the end unfortunately. And the whole Straw Hat thing and all.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

That's just basic stuff. He's more or less like Lucci now. I'm having doubts he can actually be made into something a lot more interesting.
    It's obviously an opinion you've got firmly rooted, but does he even need to be interesting in the way that you want? All that he has to be is effectively crafted to made the reader feel anger when he kills Mihawk, if that's to happen, for the sake of this argument. And while they're both bloodthirsty, yeah, Shiliew has elements to him that Lucci didn't that I already mentioned. I don't find saying a sarcastic apology after you kill someone basic, I find it something interesting that I hope to see explored.

Making the argument that Shillew isn't an as interesting character as Mihawk seems pretty baseless. Since we know barely anything about either of them. Or maybe i'm missing something, cause all i can really remember about Mihawks established character is that he's an arrogant swords guy and that he's super duper strong.

He likes wine and coffings, that's practicaly a bleach character already!
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

We don't even know Mihawk's bounty after all these years.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyan D. Funk View Post
    We don't even know Mihawk's bounty after all these years.
    Which is kind of weird. I understand not giving away the bounties on the extreme upper tier so Oda doesn't write himself into a corner like he ultimately did with Croc's super low bounty, and he can expand to whatever seems right like Jack's Billion.... Not giving away World's Most Wanted Man Dragon or a Yonkou makes sense, (and anyone capable of taking out an Emporer would be ridiculous anyway, so what's the point after a while)

but at the same time we know all the other warlords and they have the excuse of frozen bounties, or having earned whatever they did in one go, so they don't need to be crazy excessive.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

I wouldn't have a problem with Shilliew being Zoro's final opponent, but I would hope that Shilliew beating Mihawk would involve much more skill than "I am diamond so you can't hurt me." If someone else is to beat Mihawk before Zoro, it's kind of shitty if that victory isn't properly earned. If the denouement to Zoro's story is him beating some sort of coward that relied on his DF to be WGS rather than earn it by themself, I personally would find that horribly disappointing. I wouldn't feel good that Zoro got revenge for his mentor, I'd feel Oda robbed us of Zoro vs Mihawk just because he needed a Blackbeard to fight Zoro. Zoro vs Mr 1 was really good, but I doubt anyone really wants a repeat of it as his final fight.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwood View Post
    Making the argument that Shillew isn't an as interesting character as Mihawk seems pretty baseless. Since we know barely anything about either of them. Or maybe i'm missing something, cause all i can really remember about Mihawks established character is that he's an arrogant swords guy and that he's super duper strong.
    His desire to be beaten is quite interesting, and his sort of crazy sink-or-swim approach to testing Zoro and Luffy

It'll probably be a combination of skill AND dirty tricks. Enough so that we really don't want the title sitting in that guy's hands. It'll be an impressive bout regardless.

If the remainder of Mihawk's role in the story is to lose to Shiliew, then he should have been more significant in the war. At the moment, I don't think there is enough evidence that being the strongest swordsman has any relevance against enemies of the caliber that Zoro will presumably face throughout the rest of the series. Of course, this discrepancy can be approached in different ways (e.g. via Mihawk, Shiliew, or Zoro himself)

And immediately after the war he became Zoro's mentor. That's a huge thing.

The end of the series is still 10 years away at least. It's a bit early to telegraph that Mihawk is done.

As is, he still had some very impressive feats during the war. That iceburg cut was pretty damn cool and effortless on his part for instance... but in a war of powers he was only one of many.

Plus, he can lose to Shiryu but still be a combatant at the end. Wounded but contributing.

What are the chances of Blackbeard learning of the true history before Luffy? Wouldn't this coincide with Robins ever so obvious number chapter? Blackbeard is a opportunistic guy after all. Maybe it's just me, but somehow I feel BB will get Robin somehow.
    Here’s how Naruto should end: Last panel is Naruto standing proudly over Konohagakure. Slowly zoom out to reveal Luffy staring into a snowglobe with a miniature Konoha inside it. Usopp asks him what he’s doing. Luffy replies “Thinkin’ bout ninjas! Ninjas are cool!” and then chucks it off the ship

Quote Originally Posted by TLC View Post
    I think the most likely outcome is that Zoro and Mihawk fight and Shirju stabs Mihawk in the back just before their final clash essentially stealing Zoro's victory from under his nose. It would cause maximum conflict and drama.
    What the heck would Zoro and Mihawk be doing fighting at that point in the story.
    Pretty sure there would be massive stakes involved that would make the Mihawk duel in bad taste to say the least.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by PirateHunter View Post
    If the remainder of Mihawk's role in the story is to lose to Shiliew, then he should have been more significant in the war.
    He was significant after the war. Becoming Zoro's master and setting him up for the final stretch of the story skills wise.
    At the moment, I don't think there is enough evidence that being the strongest swordsman has any relevance against enemies of the caliber that Zoro will presumably face throughout the rest of the series.
    I have no idea what this sentence is saying or even addressing.

Quote Originally Posted by ArmamentHero View Post
    What are the chances of Blackbeard learning of the true history before Luffy? Wouldn't this coincide with Robins ever so obvious number chapter? Blackbeard is a opportunistic guy after all. Maybe it's just me, but somehow I feel BB will get Robin somehow.
    I'm curious as to Blackbeard's crew gaining someone with Poneglyph reading abilities. Or maybe one of them already has it.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    What the heck would Zoro and Mihawk be doing fighting at that point in the story.
    Pretty sure there would be massive stakes involved that would make the Mihawk duel in bad taste to say the least.

He was significant after the war. Becoming Zoro's master and setting him up for the final stretch of the story skills wise.

I have no idea what this sentence is saying or even addressing.

I'm curious as to Blackbeard's crew gaining someone with Poneglyph reading abilities. Or maybe one of them already has it.
    Why would it be significant for Zoro to beat Mihawk (or Shiliew) if he's already skirmished with an admiral or fought an incredibly strong member of a yonko crew (someone we're assuming, in this thread at least, is stronger than Mihawk). It isn't necessary for the comparison to be made, but I think it would be more satisfying.

Why would it be significant for Zoro to beat Mihawk (or Shiliew) if he's already skirmished with an admiral or fought an incredibly strong member of a yonko crew
    Because it's not about strength, it's about swords. You'd have a point if any of those Admirals or Yonkou were swordsmen.

It isn't necessary for the comparison to be made, but I think it would be more satisfying.
    And another sentence referring to...I don't even know.

beep boop nevermind
    Last edited by PirateHunter; May 9th, 2016 at 10:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ArmamentHero View Post
    he does not need to get her since he can just follow the straw hats to it and maybe devon from the blackbeard pirates can read them

For example, to you the comparison isn't necessary because you think there's an important distinction between swordsmanship and strength.

Fine, Fujitora isn't a swordsman. But Shiliew with five DFs is?
    Only blackbeard can have more than one fruit shiliew would just have the diamond fruit which would add to his defence he could increase his diamond defence even more with haki.

what did Shiliew achieve to warrent such distinctions as vanquisher of Mihawk and Zoro's final enemy?
    Last edited by auem; May 9th, 2016 at 09:37 PM.
    “When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time, they can seem invincible, but in the end, they always fall. Think of it--always.”

Quote Originally Posted by Demonicpoodle View Post
    It's obviously an opinion you've got firmly rooted, but does he even need to be interesting in the way that you want? All that he has to be is effectively crafted to made the reader feel anger when he kills Mihawk, if that's to happen, for the sake of this argument. And while they're both bloodthirsty, yeah, Shiliew has elements to him that Lucci didn't that I already mentioned. I don't find saying a sarcastic apology after you kill someone basic, I find it something interesting that I hope to see explored.
    I'm not saying he has to be interesting, I'm just saying it would be a waste if he wasn't. We're talking possible Zoro's last opponent.

You bring up that apology thing as if it's something of a quirk of his, but in reality, we've only see him apologize that one time, after he betrayed his former comrades and attacked them. Might not even be a habit or anything like that. Hell, even Lucci had his demented view on weakness as a sin and didn't respond well to insults or being called a kid.

Then again, seeing how things are going, maybe instead of giving Shillew depth, Oda is opting for making Zoro as boring as possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.

Closed Thread

Thread Information