View Poll Results: Who is The Big Bad Wolf?

Voters
669. You may not vote on this poll
  • Marshall D. Teach "Blackbeard"

431 64.42%
  • Sakazuki "Akainu"

39 5.83%
  • The Gorosei

93 13.90%
  • Shanks "Red Hair

15 2.24%
  • Charlotte LinLin "Big Mom"

3 0.45%
  • Kaidou "The man of a thousand beasts"

3 0.45%
  • Kong

2 0.30%
  • Dragon

7 1.05%
  • Seventh Shichibukai

2 0.30%
  • Other

74 11.06%
Closed Thread
Page 31 of 112 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 41 81 ... LastLast

Thread: Who is the final villain in One Piece? 2.0

Default Re: Who is the final villain in One Piece? 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by Aaronrules380 View Post
    Pshh, you're not doing it right unless you pull a Kishimoto and make the big end villain of a super long running series only be referenced for the first time like 30 chapters before they show up in a throwaway background info bit
    Exactly ! Fuck build up and early set ups when we can pull out a filler one-dimensional villain out of thin air who nobody seems to give two shits about . That would sure be surprising and more exciting for people who don't want to spoil themselves by looking at the hints and what not .

Psh. All this talk and you guys have missed the final villain who's been right in front of you this entire time. Coby. But seriously it's probably blackbeard.

Although, I gotta wonder when is Luffy going to have his grand battle against Coby? Like I know some people might even argue he'll actually become a strawhat but they have to at least throw down at some point.

Even if coby was the final fight (and I doubt it), he wouldn't be the final villain on account of not actually being a villain

Why would Coby even fight Luffy ? I mean his goal is to become one of the admirals but how does that tie in with or even say he is gonna fight Luffy ?

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

Quote Originally Posted by Doffy. D Evil View Post
    Why would Coby even fight Luffy ? I mean his goal is to become one of the admirals but how does that tie in with or even say he is gonna fight Luffy ?
    Because the promise, if I recall, involved him catching Luffy? And being his rival and all that?

Mind you, he is not going to accomplish anything of the sort, but he did stated his intentions rather clearly.

He has to fight Luffy to solidify his resolve for being a marine and to show his growth in being able to match him. Coby pretty much exists to have Luffy be his rival. Not he being Luffy's rival but specificly, Luffy being his rival. Otherwise all this getting swoll, rokushiki, and emporer's haki would be like...whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by lugeasilver View Post
    He has to fight Luffy to solidify his resolve for being a marine and to show his growth in being able to match him. Coby pretty much exists to have Luffy be his rival. Not he being Luffy's rival but specificly, Luffy being his rival. Otherwise all this getting swoll, rokushiki, and emporer's haki would be like...whatever.
    Emporer's haki ? Coby only awakened observation haki .

And even if Coby vs Luffy happens , i am pretty sure it's going to be a friendly fight rather than serious fight like Luffy vs BB .

Mmmh you're right. I always misremember the war arc as him using emperor's haki to stall the fighting but he was just screaming. lol. Either way it's haki and its another thing in his repertoire he's built up. He could just be getting swoll simply to end up as an admiral later but again, he is set up to have Luffy be his rival.

Coby fighting Luffy is like Garp being behind Roger's ass but never quite there

Emporer's haki ? Coby only awakened observation haki .

And even if Coby vs Luffy happens , i am pretty sure it's going to be a friendly fight rather than serious fight like Luffy vs BB .
    If their ideals clash in the future, Coby and Luffy will go all out without concerns for each other's safety. Precisely because they respect each other. Assuming they do get a fight of course.
    In that case, I expect this fight to be as serious as Luffy vs Usopp, but better balanced.

In terms of pirate villain, I think Kidd is a good option too, not just Blackbeard. He is part of the same worst generation of supernovas like Luffy and he is evil. And the way we found out of Law D, I would not be surprised if he also turns up as a D.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowgreed View Post
    Coby fighting Luffy is like Garp being behind Roger's ass but never quite there
    It's in no way similar.

For starters, Garp was supposed to be actually good at his job. Every other good aligned marine of this era isn't. That's all there is to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Every View Post
    In terms of pirate villain, I think Kidd is a good option too, not just Blackbeard. He is part of the same worst generation of supernovas like Luffy and he is evil. And the way we found out of Law D, I would not be surprised if he also turns up as a D.
    Lol, another D? Is Oda Rich Boi or something?
    Spoiler:
    throw some D's on that bitch
    and now he owns a cadillac.

He stated his goal was to become strong enough to fight Luffy as his equal and to capture him. He's also the only character who's improving at faster rate than Luffy, but still he has no chance of reaching Luffy's level before the last arc, thus he'll accoplish his goal after Luffy does everything that plot expects him to accomplish (Defeat Akainu, defeat BB, become pirate king, defeat Gorosei) .
    It could be that Coby will never accomplish his goal, but then his character would be useless for the story, and I find that unlikely considering he was introduced in a first chapter, he's being trained by Garp and he's improving faster than any other OP character.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth View Post
    Because the promise, if I recall, involved him catching Luffy? And being his rival and all that?

Mind you, he is not going to accomplish anything of the sort, but he did stated his intentions rather clearly.
    Cobys and Luffys is just like Rabbits and Hounds, can't nothin make the one stop chasin' the other! It's animal instinct!

Zeph, there was no reason to call Darth a fascist there.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Every View Post
    No, please. That would be dumb. We don't need another secret D Supernova.

At least Law had some foreshadowing there since before the timeskip.

Where was I...Oh yes, some random criminals from Impel Down, that have build no relation of whatsoever with SHs are better option then some vice admiras....ok, not.

Also, we are half way in the story, Oda has time to build the vice admirals and all, it's not like the final battle is at the door.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Where was I...Oh yes, some random criminals from Impel Down, that have build no relation of whatsoever with SHs are better option then some vice admiras....ok, not.<br><br><br>Also, we are half way in the story, Oda has time to build the vice admirals and all, it's not like the&nbsp; final battle is at the door.<br type="_moz">

Quote Originally Posted by Ussop View Post
    Where was I...Oh yes, some random criminals from Impel Down, that have build no relation of whatsoever with SHs are better option then some vice admiras....ok, not.
    How are Level 6 prisoners (mentioned by name by the jailers as some of the worst) any more random than literal random Vice Admirals who you have not even named?
    Right, they're not.

Also, we are half way in the story, Oda has time to build the vice admirals and all, it's not like the final battle is at the door.
    You are the worst debater I have EVER seen on AP aside from maybe that Shishio guy.

Quote Originally Posted by King Cannon View Post
    No, please. That would be dumb. We don't need another secret D Supernova.

At least Law had some foreshadowing there since before the timeskip.
    Wait, there was? Can you tell me where, because I am genuinely curious. What did I miss?

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    How are Level 6 prisoners (mentioned by name by the jailers as some of the worst) any more random than literal random Vice Admirals who you have not even named?
    Right, they're not.
    Maynard and Bastille this should have dissolve any illusion of Marine below Admiral rank accomplishing anything ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    You are the worst debater I have EVER seen on AP aside from maybe that Shishio guy.
    Oh.

So I'm not the worst. That's nice.

Closed Thread

Thread Information