View Poll Results: Who is The Big Bad Wolf?

Voters
669. You may not vote on this poll
  • Marshall D. Teach "Blackbeard"

    431 64.42%
  • Sakazuki "Akainu"

    39 5.83%
  • The Gorosei

    93 13.90%
  • Shanks "Red Hair

    15 2.24%
  • Charlotte LinLin "Big Mom"

    3 0.45%
  • Kaidou "The man of a thousand beasts"

    3 0.45%
  • Kong

    2 0.30%
  • Dragon

    7 1.05%
  • Seventh Shichibukai

    2 0.30%
  • Other

    74 11.06%
Closed Thread
Page 30 of 112 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 40 80 ... LastLast
Results 581 to 600 of 2240

Thread: Who is the final villain in One Piece? 2.0

  1. #581
    I Like Video Game Music hosemisnuba's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    United States

    Default Re: Who is the final villain in One Piece? 2.0

    Quote Originally Posted by JaxSazz View Post
    Well, Blackbeard will be THE final villain in the search for the One Piece but I can still see Luffy fighting Akainu afterwards, depending on when Luffy will destroy the World Government with his daddy. Surely becoming Pirate King won't be Luffy's last great deed. Also Dragon calling his son like that.
    No, Akainu is not going to be the final villain. Its simply won't happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth View Post
    But you know, the fact that we can say who it is with 100% accuracy this early on isn't really good either. A little bit of a suprise would've been nice as well.
    95 percent isn't just Blackbeard, but the Gorosei and the other category. All I was saying was that Akainu is, more likely than not, not the final villain, and the forum agrees.

  2. #582

    Default Re: Who is the final villain in One Piece? 2.0

    Quote Originally Posted by hosemisnuba View Post
    No, Akainu is not going to be the final villain. Its simply won't happen.

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---

    95 percent isn't just Blackbeard, but the Gorosei and the other category. All I was saying was that Akainu is, more likely than not, not the final villain, and the forum agrees.

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---

    95 percent isn't just Blackbeard, but the Gorosei and the other category. All I was saying was that Akainu is, more likely than not, not the final villain, and the forum agrees.
    Have you read the beginning of my post ? To me, even if Akainu was defeated after Blackbeard, Blackbeard would still be "the final villain". And yeah, I think the Gorosei will probably be involved as well. At least guys like Kong and the CP0.
    Who knows, maybe Aokiji will be the one taking down Akainu if he's joined Dragon. That'd be nice as well. But it certainly isn't impossible that Akainu would be defeated by Luffy after Blackbeard.

  3. #583
    I Like Video Game Music hosemisnuba's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    United States

    Default Re: Who is the final villain in One Piece? 2.0

    Quote Originally Posted by JaxSazz View Post
    Have you read the beginning of my post ? To me, even if Akainu was defeated after Blackbeard, Blackbeard would still be "the final villain".
    Yes I understood. But under no circumstance will Akainu be defeated after Blackbeard. It just isn't happening.

  4. #584

    Default Re: Who is the final villain in One Piece? 2.0

    Quote Originally Posted by hosemisnuba View Post
    Yes I understood. But under no circumstance will Akainu be defeated after Blackbeard. It just isn't happening.
    I see, sorry, Oda-sensei.

  5. #585
    Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer
    Join Date
    Oct 2013

    Default Re: Who is the final villain in One Piece? 2.0

    Quote Originally Posted by hosemisnuba View Post
    No, Akainu is not going to be the final villain. Its simply won't happen. 95 percent isn't just Blackbeard, but the Gorosei and the other category. All I was saying was that Akainu is, more likely than not, not the final villain, and the forum agrees.
    ... You are putting way too much faith in the internet polls, man.

    I ask you: If I were to tell you around Alabasta that the first character to die in the series current timeline would be Ace, and that he would be killed by a Marine, would you bought it?

  6. #586

    Default Re: Who is the final villain in One Piece? 2.0

    Quote Originally Posted by Darth View Post
    But you know, the fact that we can say who it is with 100% accuracy this early on isn't really good either. A little bit of a suprise would've been nice as well.
    The final villain is meant to be obvious for most of a series. With "surprises", you get instances like Kaguya showing up in Naruto.

    One Pace - The One Piece anime without the filler and padding.
    AP Discord

  7. #587

    Default Re: Who is the final villain in One Piece? 2.0

    Quote Originally Posted by Galaxy 9000 View Post
    The final villain is meant to be obvious for most of a series. With "surprises", you get instances like Kaguya showing up in Naruto.
    Sure, but why would the final villain absolutely be the very latest defeated opponent ?
    If Luffy was to KO Buggy with one punch after he defeats Blackbeard, wouldn't Blackbeard still be the final villain ?
    Nuance and originality can be good sometimes, and I think there could be big fights after Luffy beats Blackbeard and becomes the Pirate King. Or maybe not, sure, that can happen.
    I just think that we can't know for sure so far. There's the quest for the One Piece on one hand, and then there are other plots like All Blue, the ancient weapons, the World Government, etc.
    Maybe everything will reach a conclusion within the span of 10 chapters, but that's not a certainty yet.

  8. #588

    Default Re: Who is the final villain in One Piece? 2.0

    Quote Originally Posted by JaxSazz View Post
    Sure, but why would the final villain absolutely be the very latest defeated opponent ?
    If Luffy was to KO Buggy with one punch after he defeats Blackbeard, wouldn't Blackbeard still be the final villain ?
    Nuance and originality can be good sometimes, and I think there could be big fights after Luffy beats Blackbeard and becomes the Pirate King. Or maybe not, sure, that can happen.
    I just think that we can't know for sure so far. There's the quest for the One Piece on one hand, and then there are other plots like All Blue, the ancient weapons, the World Government, etc.
    Maybe everything will reach a conclusion within the span of 10 chapters, but that's not a certainty yet.
    Because it's called final for a reason ?

  9. #589
    Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer
    Join Date
    Oct 2013

    Default Re: Who is the final villain in One Piece? 2.0

    Quote Originally Posted by Galaxy 9000 View Post
    The final villain is meant to be obvious for most of a series. With "surprises", you get instances like Kaguya showing up in Naruto.
    No, because Kaguya was a complete asspull.

    You can foreshadow more then one final enemy, to keep people guessing, you know? It shouldn't be that the end is hundred chapters away and we can end any discussion on the matter with "It's Blackbeard".

  10. #590

    Default Re: Who is the final villain in One Piece? 2.0

    Quote Originally Posted by Doffy. D Evil View Post
    Because it's called final for a reason ?
    I think I explained how there could be an exception. I want Luffy to act as the Pirate King and overthrowing the World Government would be a good thing. I'm not saying it will definitely happen, I voted for Blackbeard as the final villain and I'd still consider him to be the final villain if what I "theorized" happened.

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---

    Quote Originally Posted by Darth View Post
    If you are going to get into it, I advise tabletop RPG's or PC games over miniatures wargame. They are awesome, but pain in the ass.

    Also, there are books. Lot's of them, in fact. And the universe is very entertaining, if dark as all hell.
    No !! Oda is good at foreshadowing so my prediction can't even be slightly wrong or nuanced !

  11. #591

    Default Re: Who is the final villain in One Piece? 2.0

    Quote Originally Posted by Darth View Post
    No, because Kaguya was a complete asspull.

    You can foreshadow more then one final enemy, to keep people guessing, you know? It shouldn't be that the end is hundred chapters away and we can end any discussion on the matter with "It's Blackbeard".
    How much confirmation do you need ? Like him being build up more than any other villain on top of being the evil version of the main character isn't enough to convenience people that he is in fact going to be the final villain ? It seems like you are in denial that someone generic like Akainu is not going to be the final villain .

  12. #592
    Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer
    Join Date
    Oct 2013

    Default Re: Who is the final villain in One Piece? 2.0

    Quote Originally Posted by Doffy. D Evil View Post
    How much confirmation do you need ? Like him being build up more than any other villain on top of being the evil version of the main character isn't enough to convenience people that he is in fact going to be the final villain ?
    ... I've never questioned that he will be. I'm disappointed in how predictable it is, that's all.

    Altough I still stand by my prediction of there being more then one side in the final conflict.

  13. #593

    Default Re: Who is the final villain in One Piece? 2.0

    Quote Originally Posted by Darth View Post
    ... I've never questioned that he will be. I'm disappointed in how predictable it is, that's all.

    Altough I still stand by my prediction of there being more then one side in the final conflict.
    How is that a problem again ?

  14. #594
    Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer
    Join Date
    Oct 2013

    Default Re: Who is the final villain in One Piece? 2.0

    Quote Originally Posted by Doffy. D Evil View Post
    How is that a problem again ?
    Well, to you it evidently isn't.

    It is similar to being spoiled. Some people enjoy not knowing what will happen.

  15. #595

    Default Re: Who is the final villain in One Piece? 2.0

    Quote Originally Posted by Darth View Post
    Well, to you it evidently isn't.

    It is similar to being spoiled. Some people enjoy not knowing what will happen.
    Then they obviously shouldn't even be reading this series to begin with lol . One Piece isn't made up of unpredictable and random crap .

    This is literally my first time seeing that people have problems with foreshadowing / earlier set ups .

  16. #596
    Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer
    Join Date
    Oct 2013

    Default Re: Who is the final villain in One Piece? 2.0

    Quote Originally Posted by Doffy. D Evil View Post
    Then they obviously shouldn't even be reading this series to begin with lol . One Piece isn't made up of unpredictable and random crap .

    This is literally my first time seeing that people have problems with foreshadowing / earlier set ups .
    Oh for goodness sake, will you stop using the straw man all the time?

    Foreshadowing/Set ups don't have to equal predictability and it never did.

  17. #597

    Default Re: Who is the final villain in One Piece? 2.0

    Quote Originally Posted by Darth View Post
    Oh for goodness sake, will you stop using the straw man all the time?

    Foreshadowing/Set ups don't have to equal predictability and it never did.
    It's only predictable because it's been set up since volume 15 or 16 . This is like saying that Luffy becoming the pirate king is predictable despite the fact that it's been set up since forever . But i guess you would enjoy the whole asspull / "unpredictable" stuff more .

  18. #598

    Default Re: Who is the final villain in One Piece? 2.0

    Unpredictable doesn't have to equal asspull, just like Luffy's becoming the Pirate King, albeit extremely predictable, isn't bad.

  19. #599

    Default Re: Who is the final villain in One Piece? 2.0

    Yup. Its a shame we have an idea who the final villain is.

    SEVENTEEN YEARS INTO THE SERIES.

    Just because the scale of OP means the story is still going to run for a while... doesn't mean we shouldn't have an idea of the final conflict by the halfway+ mark.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

    Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

  20. #600

    Default Re: Who is the final villain in One Piece? 2.0

    Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    Yup. Its a shame we have an idea who the final villain is.

    SEVENTEEN YEARS INTO THE SERIES.

    Just because the scale of OP means the story is still going to run for a while... doesn't mean we shouldn't have an idea of the final conflict by the halfway+ mark.
    Pshh, you're not doing it right unless you pull a Kishimoto and make the big end villain of a super long running series only be referenced for the first time like 30 chapters before they show up in a throwaway background info bit

Closed Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts