View Poll Results: Who is The Big Bad Wolf?

Voters
669. You may not vote on this poll
  • Marshall D. Teach "Blackbeard"

431 64.42%
  • Sakazuki "Akainu"

39 5.83%
  • The Gorosei

93 13.90%
  • Shanks "Red Hair

15 2.24%
  • Charlotte LinLin "Big Mom"

3 0.45%
  • Kaidou "The man of a thousand beasts"

3 0.45%
  • Kong

2 0.30%
  • Dragon

7 1.05%
  • Seventh Shichibukai

2 0.30%
  • Other

74 11.06%
Closed Thread
Page 26 of 112 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 76 ... LastLast

Thread: Who is the final villain in One Piece? 2.0

Default Re: Who is the final villain in One Piece? 2.0

Isn't it great that the SHs can fight some nameless and generic Vice Admirals, whose sole purpose is to job like no tomorrow? I mean, you threw all the admirals in, or the badasses as you refer to them, and absolutely no one else with a unique character and powers that could make the fights interesting. You know, like Smoker. But he's not a badass so it's okay. It really gets me invested to see the SHs fight some fodder, instead of fighting a evil counterpart crew with each member having a unique fighting style.

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

Quote Originally Posted by Ouroboros View Post
    Isn't it great that the SHs can fight some nameless and generic Vice Admirals, whose sole purpose is to job like no tomorrow? I mean, you threw all the admirals in, or the badasses as you refer to them, and absolutely no one else with a unique character and powers that could make the fights interesting. You know, like Smoker. But he's not a badass so it's okay. It really gets me invested to see the SHs fight some fodder, instead of fighting a evil counterpart crew with each member having a unique fighting style.
    The "Unique fighting style" part is yet to show itself, cause so far they mostly shoot, stabbed and slashed people. Oh, and add a little bit of punching.

For that matter, every one of them jobs all the time. Whatever by being useless against Ace, curbstomped by Magellan, slashed by Whitebeard, stopped by Sengoku, running away from Shanks and Sakazuki, and recently got effortlessly outwitted by Sabo.

Really now. I know that they have "Final Villains" written all over them, but they are hardly more threatning then the VA's at this point in time.

Quote Originally Posted by hosemisnuba View Post
    Once again, you are denying the historical implications of Blackbeard anti-D qualities in spite of the fact he is D. I guarantee you that there was definitely strife within in the D. Clan, and Blackbeard is the result of that strife.
    you created a strife within the D "clan" only from the fact that blackbeard is different .. there's not any historical implication on that whatsoever , the only thing you got is BB being an evil D and from there you based your entire theory on a farfetched speculation

How is that trying too hard? Its a possibility, and even if its flat out wrong.
    going as far as saying that BB will inherit roger's will is not trying too hard ? you completely went against every thing we know about the series just to suit your theory , you even went against WB himself denying the same thing you are claiming !!
    The one thing I know is that Oda is obviously writing Blackbeard up to be the final antagonist
    no one knows that ! that's the point of the discussion

Even if I may be wrong in the details, Blackbeard is definitely the big bad of the series. As I stated earlier in the thread, unlike all the other antagonist mentioned in the poll, Blackbeard was part of the story from the series' inception (he is in the early sketches in One Piece's first data book). Do you understand the implications of this: essentially, its a red flag that Blackbeard is crucial to the story as a whole, and not just some roadblock to pass like the other Yonkou
    if we go with build up alone the WG has been built up even longer than BB and they've more impact on the overall story than him ! and what do you say about mihawk and shanks who also had more build up than BB and still you guys sacrificed both of them for the BB pirates' sake ?! all these entities are crucial to the story , BB doesn't have to be down in the last arc in order to do him just as a villain why can't you see that ?
    Last edited by moud; November 4th, 2014 at 02:53 AM.

I Like Video Game Music hosemisnuba's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by moud View Post
    you created a strife within the D "clan" only from the fact that blackbeard is different .. there's not any historical implication on that whatsoever , the only thing you got is BB being an evil D and from there you based your entire theory on a farfetched speculation
    Fair point. I suppose I "created" strife, and while it may not be valid in the present, I still wager Blackbeard is the descendant of that strife, and is not just some anomaly.

going as far as saying that BB will inherit roger's will is not trying too hard ? you completely went against every thing we know about the series just to suit your theory , you even went against WB himself denying the same thing you are claiming !!
    I was just throwing out ideas and ultimately, I admit that one was bad. You are correct in saying that Blackbeard wasn't the one Roger was looking for, and I blatantly contradicted that statement. In spite of what you are saying, I still thinks its a possibility.

no one knows that ! that's the point of the discussion
    I feel stupid. You're once again right on the money. Blackbeard is not an imperative I suppose. At least you're not moronic like Ussop and claiming Akainu is the final villain. Honestly, no one really knows the final villain as of yet, but I will continue to wager its Blackbeard.

if we go with build up alone the WG has been built up even longer than BB and they've more impact on the overall story than him ! and what do you say about mihawk and shanks who also had more build up than BB and still you guys sacrificed both of them for the BB pirates' sake ?! all these entities are crucial to the story , BB doesn't have to be down in the last arc in order to do him just as a villain why can't you see that ?
    Here is where I disagree. Blackbeard has had far more build up than the World Government as a main antagonist. He's been part of the story longer, done far more story wise, and has had far more screen time. Does Luffy's confrontations with Blackbeard at Jaya and Impel Down mean anything to you? Does Blackbeard's proclamation "This is my age" ring with you? Yes, I understand things like ordering Usopp to burn down the WG flag at Enies Lobby and punching Saint Charloss at Saobaody make things seem like Luffy hates the WG, but Luffy only did that stuff for his friend's sake, not his own. With Blackbeard, things will be personal. One more thing: don't get me started on why Blackbeard has had more build up and plot importance than Shanks and Mihawk. He simply does, and its a fact.

Where did it say that BB took double pain from his devil fruit?

Seems like a random add on to his darkness powers.

Quote Originally Posted by Ordinary View Post
    Where did it say that BB took double pain from his devil fruit?

Seems like a random add on to his darkness powers.
    Not double, but he said himself he took more pain than regular people since his DF absorbs everything. It was during his fight against Ace, who said it was strange for a logia user to feel pain.

Quote Originally Posted by Ussop View Post
    marines vs SHs:

Luffy vs akainu
    Sanji vs Kizaru(for best leg fighter in the world)
    Zoro vs fujitora( even build their relation from dressrosa)
    Franky vs Kuma
    rest of the SHs vs some vice admirals
    Jimbei- either greenbull or I'm not sure at all about him
    Everybody point and laugh at this miserable post.

Is pretty fear to assume by now that Ussop is a troll or he was placed into a position where the only solution he had was to play the troll card so we don't assume that he's being serious about his typing on this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by moud View Post
    That or the ambiguity brought up by Rayleigh about the nature of the ancient secrets being not a bunch of happy happy joy joy. Meaning there is a dark aspect to them (already self-evident from the ancient weapons). That dark aspect isn't going to be signified by the rest of the D's and their heroic natures or at best...sort of grey barely nature in Law's case.
    if we go with build up alone the WG has been built up even longer than BB
    And the WG is not a character who can be the final villain in of itself. The Gorusei meanwhile have actually NOT been built up longer than Blackbeard either if you want to retreat to them. Their build up has been mere existence as well, not a growing threat with parallels to the main characters.
    and what do you say about mihawk and shanks who also had more build up than BB and still you guys sacrificed both of them for the BB pirates' sake ?!
    I say that's exactly what happens to mentor/idol characters in Hero's Quest stories all the fucking time and you seriously need to read/watch more things if this surprises you in the slightest. I mean you seem to think this is a zinger so I'm guessing you really are that unread.

BB doesn't have to be down in the last arc in order to do him just as a villain why can't you see that ?
    Is this english?

Quote Originally Posted by JaxSazz View Post
    How so ? Why not Nami against Laffite ? Original crew vs original crew. That'd be a strange fight, though, Brook vs Laffite would probably make more sense.
    If we're going to have swordsman vs. swordsman, sniper vs. sniper and doctor vs. doctor, we might as well have navigator vs navigator.

Because, really, there has to be a reason Oda is giving those jobs to those characters in the first place. Oda could have made Laffite the musician of Teach's crew, but he didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Bartholemew Bear View Post
    Maynard will be the final final boss after killing Blackbeard.
    I wonder how many people will get this reference.

Quote Originally Posted by Ussop View Post
    marines vs SHs:

Luffy vs akainu
    Sanji vs Kizaru(for best leg fighter in the world)
    Zoro vs fujitora( even build their relation from dressrosa)
    Franky vs Kuma
    rest of the SHs vs some vice admirals
    Jimbei- either greenbull or I'm not sure at all about him

Quote Originally Posted by JaxSazz View Post
    Not double, but he said himself he took more pain than regular people since his DF absorbs everything. It was during his fight against Ace, who said it was strange for a logia user to feel pain.
    The extra pain doesn't even seem to hinder him that much, since he took a quake from WB to the face and was still alive/conscious.
    Teach is a goddamn tank.

Why do you BB's fanboys see similarities for friggin everything?
    Stop trying to make SH's crew vs BB's crew appealing since it's not the case. Only BB vs Luffy is interesting

Quote Originally Posted by Kfunk View Post
    Stop trying to make SH's crew vs BB's crew appealing since it's not the case. Only BB vs Luffy is interesting
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    Everybody point and laugh at this miserable post.
    . .

I'm glad the dumbassed fight junkies are dragging their knuckles into non-combat related threads to grunt about which matches are actually interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Ouroboros View Post
    I suppose you could go with Hina, onigumo and some other. All the marines aren't nameless after all.

Quote Originally Posted by desa View Post
    I suppose you could go with Hina, onigumo and some other. All the marines aren't nameless after all.
    Yeah sure until you remember that Oda has been building up a Marine civil war since basically Volume 1.
    But let's ignore that and just throw the government loyalist Marine baddies (of who Hina definitely goddamn won't end up among) to the Strawhats rather than to the rebel Marine good guys and revolutionaries.

Different people have different opinions.

I have a prediction that celestial dragons represent the final enemy. Once Luffy finds the one piece, he will know the truth about the ancient kingdom and that will make all Ds unite. Final battle: Ds vs Celestial Dragons.

Closed Thread

Thread Information