Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Brook vs Enel

Discovered Stowaway

Default Re: Brook vs Enel

But Jinbe got through so.

Quote Originally Posted by Zar View Post
    Question: Since brook is all bones, will he also be immune to lightning?

I guess the result of the match will tell.
    Fun fact: Bones are made of piezoelectric materials, meaning that they bend when electricity is conducted through them.

In fact, they preferentially bend so that the entire bone feels compression, which actually makes the bone stronger and helps to heal fractures faster.

So, not only is Brook likely to be immune to electricity, he may actually be enhanced or healed by it. And, if I remember rightly, he even incorporated electricity into his attack against Oars.

Vote Science. Vote Bones. Vote Brook.

Well, i never liked Brook this much.. so go Enel!!

Voted for Eminem.

Quote Originally Posted by benjamminbrown View Post
    Fun fact: Bones are made of piezoelectric materials, meaning that they bend when electricity is conducted through them.

In fact, they preferentially bend so that the entire bone feels compression, which actually makes the bone stronger and helps to heal fractures faster.
    Wh-what??

Although apparently only in dry bone? So I shouldn't zap myself to make my bones stronger xD

Though I suppose Brook is just bone dry bones (+ afro) so it should work for him.

wait actually how does the bone being in compression make it stronger ...
    Last edited by Supernova122; September 17th, 2014 at 04:01 AM.

looks like this will be quite the match to end this round. Go Brook go!

Quote Originally Posted by Supernova122 View Post
    Wh-what??

Although apparently only in dry bone? So I shouldn't zap myself to make my bones stronger xD

Though I suppose Brook is just bone dry bones (+ afro) so it should work for him.

wait actually how does the bone being in compression make it stronger ...
    No, there's research being done about how to use electricity to help heal bones faster (in living people). Bone is piezoelectric whether it's dry or not, as far as I'm aware. Thing is, if you send too much current through a living bone, then you'll actually start killing the bone tissue. Trick is figuring out how much current you can supply before you start frying your marrow cells.

The reason why compression makes bones stronger is because of microfractures. When the bone is already slightly damaged (like it usually is after experiencing significant impact), then it is likely for fractures to grow if enough tension is applied. But, if you can keep the bone under compression using the piezoelectric effect, then even normal wear and tear will not cause these microfractures to grow as it normally would.

Stay tuned for the next installment: Why electricity makes Brook's afro even better, too!

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Come on, Brook. You can do it!!!
    Last edited by benjamminbrown; September 17th, 2014 at 08:26 AM. Reason: Van de Graaffro

Quote Originally Posted by benjamminbrown View Post
    No, there's research being done about how to use electricity to help heal bones faster (in living people). Bone is piezoelectric whether it's dry or not, as far as I'm aware. Thing is, if you send too much current through a living bone, then you'll actually start killing the bone tissue. Trick is figuring out how much current you can supply before you start frying your marrow cells.

The reason why compression makes bones stronger is because of microfractures. When the bone is already slightly damaged (like it usually is after experiencing significant impact), then it is likely for fractures to grow if enough tension is applied. But, if you can keep the bone under compression using the piezoelectric effect, then even normal wear and tear will not cause these microfractures to grow as it normally would.

Stay tuned for the next installment: Why electricity makes Brook's afro even better, too!
    Ah, I see. Well yeah all I know is form quick googling after reading your post, something about electric effects being governed in part by fluid mechanics in wet bone (as opposed to just material properties). All makes sense, all makes sense.

Top pun work too.

Vote for Brook if you love Bink's Sake

And if you don't vote for Brook you'll make the little guy over here cry

Enel is the most electrifying man in OP entertainment... So vote for him

Shipmate

Brook is great, but so is Enel.

Then I looked at their tastes in music, and voting for Brook became so much more simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverblade View Post
    Brook is great, but so is Enel.

Then I looked at their tastes in music, and voting for Brook became so much more simple.
    Does rock beat the gospel?

Rock > All Else

Did someone say gospel ?
    Spoiler:

Satori was robbed so vote for Enel!
    Last edited by NateRich; September 17th, 2014 at 10:18 AM. Reason: Rock and gospel vs rap and gospel. The latter wins

Not sure why rap > rock.
    But I do have a ghost type
    Spoiler:

Come on, people. We can do this. Only 3 votes to go!

Brook has a very strict diet to maintain his slender frame, but he doesn't flaunt his features. At least he knows how to put a shirt on.

Though, now that I think about it, he might be a little bit too enthusiastic about weight loss.
    Last edited by benjamminbrown; September 17th, 2014 at 10:43 AM. Reason: I keep telling him, "You're just big boned!" I don't think he believes me.

I will vote for the guy that actually walked on water. Satan Sama!

Brook might be patiently waiting for your votes...

... but time is running out!

Send the funniest Mugiwara into the Semifinals, Arlong Park! I know you can do it!

Thread Information