Quote Originally Posted by SpaceCowboy View Post
    That makes more sense.

Btw, nice new avatar.
    Thank you. :)
    Steam Profile: Sorikai33 | 3DS Friend Code: 2981 6418 0894
    ^Feel free to add me on either^

Sig art by Stjepan Sejic

Default Re: 2014 APCT Fourth Round:The Eighth Finals Discussion Thread

Personally, I don't feel like any of the campaigns have been wasted. I'll remember the good ones and who posted them for a long time, regardless of who won the match that it was posted in. Don't be too grumpy, everyone. It's all in good fun, so no time spent on a campaign should feel wasted.

Also, it's a tournament, so we should be just as mentally prepared for a win as we are for a loss. A campaign dies only when it is forgotten!

Yeah I like the jokes in the tournament, but there has to be a point where it needs to stop. The Satori thing basically killed a good contender.

Quote Originally Posted by Supernova View Post
    Yeah I like the jokes in the tournament, but there has to be a point where it needs to stop. The Satori thing basically killed a good contender.
    Yeah, you're right. To be honest, I voted for Franky, because Satori just killed Cavendish for me. I would have voted for Cavendish, had it not been for the joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Hawk View Post
    Yeah, you're right. To be honest, I voted for Franky, because Satori just killed Cavendish for me. I would have voted for Cavendish, had it not been for the joke.
    I don't know if you are serious or not, but there are for sure more people with such logic. This is exactly why I don't like what happened. Joke is a joke, but it could have been used on somebody who didn't have a chance to win. Now it's just unfair to Cavendish and Franky fans alike (and especially to noob). Even if there will be legit actual match later, mood and momentum kind of came to a halt. Don't you think that those few people who still participate and create OC deserve better than this?

Come on people...

Go to the last page of Franky Vs Satori and check Jabra´s post.

Franky beats Satori and he wakes up Cabbage.

They will have a rematch.

Cavendish will have his fair fight (and his fair loss)

My time campaigning for Franky will be worthless then cause i won't be able to help in a second match then. (If we are into whining).
    Working thru some stuff. Dunno how long i will be here.

If Luffy and Barto ever meet. The campaign is simple.

Who would Barto vote for?

Since we're into whining, I gotta say ... if you voted Franky because of not liking Satori (when it obviously wasn't Satori ... ) instead of just voting Franky because of campaigns or liking the character, then you make really shitty use of your votes.

Y'all take this shite too seriously, not even the first time that Satori leads to people going overboard. And realize too, the whining and stuff just winds up keeping the whole thing alive, because that's how trolling works.
    Want to kill it? Ignore it and just roll with it. HO-HOHO

Hunter X Hunter X Hunter JarmenKell's Avatar

meh, the mods will have the rematch at the end of the round, probably...

either way, i lost a lot of interest
    it would be funny if the sasori gag actually got people annoyed enough to stop voting, when it's supposed to keep the tournament fresh (and even then he's been in the tournie for 3 years so not really)

Oh man, now we're going into long paragraphs? pff, to hell with this.
    Working thru some stuff. Dunno how long i will be here.

Quote Originally Posted by Prismeru View Post
    Oh man, now we're going into long paragraphs? pff, to hell with this.
    What long paragraphs have been posted?

One Pace - The One Piece anime without the filler and padding.
    AP Discord

I like Bartolomeo and all, but is he really going to roll over people like Whitebeard did?

Quote Originally Posted by Noqanky View Post
    Since we're into whining, I gotta say ... if you voted Franky because of not liking Satori (when it obviously wasn't Satori ... ) instead of just voting Franky because of campaigns or liking the character, then you make really shitty use of your votes.

Y'all take this shite too seriously, not even the first time that Satori leads to people going overboard. And realize too, the whining and stuff just winds up keeping the whole thing alive, because that's how trolling works.
    Want to kill it? Ignore it and just roll with it. HO-HOHO
    I just want to see Bartolomeo face Satori. Just to amplify the current complaining tenfold if he ends up losing. )

Yes, you shouldn't take the tournament seriously enough to get upset over it, because it's just a game; at the same time nobody plays to lose so you will always have people expressing their feelings and just telling them to suck it up isn't helping anyone. Naturally, it's trivial at best, and it might end up ruining the fun for others...but i'm not talking about Satori here. Criticism isn't always for the sake of criticism and one should learn where to draw the line because eventually you might alienate the same people you were trying to attract.

A question:
    What do the numbers under the wanted posters mean (what should be the bounty)?
    I´ve been wondering for a while, but i just never asked for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceCowboy View Post
    A question:
    What do the numbers under the wanted posters mean (what should be the bounty)?
    I´ve been wondering for a while, but i just never asked for some reason.
    Numbers that you get from using a formula, that vary from round to round. Back in the day(2012 for me, never looked further) figuring out the formula was a thing.

I remember akagami7 doing it mostly.

Quote Originally Posted by NateRich View Post
    I like Bartolomeo and all, but is he really going to roll over people like Whitebeard did?
    I hope he will

The more you complain about an outcome, the more likely the staff is to actually NOT do anything. Because even if the staff had *already* planned to have a make up match of some sort after some gag or another had its chance, (and there's certainly years of history and precedent to back that up) it's not cool to look like we're just catering to the one or two people complaining the loudest.

Quote Originally Posted by JarmenKell View Post
    it would be funny if the sasori gag actually got people annoyed enough to stop voting, when it's supposed to keep the tournament fresh (and even then he's been in the tournie for 3 years so not really)
    Who is this sasori character you speak of? Some Naruto villain?
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Next year: Sasori is in the tournament, using Satori as a human-puppet. Wins every match. 2015 champ.

Thread Information