Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 173

Thread: 2014 APCT Fourth Round: The Eighth Finals Discussion Thread

  1. #81

    Default Re: 2014 APCT Fourth Round:The Eighth Finals Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Sorikai33 View Post
    I think he deleted his own post.
    That makes more sense.

    Btw, nice new avatar.

  2. #82

    Default Re: 2014 APCT Fourth Round:The Eighth Finals Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by SpaceCowboy View Post
    That makes more sense.

    Btw, nice new avatar.
    Thank you. :)
    Steam Profile: Sorikai33 | 3DS Friend Code: 2981 6418 0894
    ^Feel free to add me on either^

    Sig art by Stjepan Sejic

  3. #83

    Default Re: 2014 APCT Fourth Round:The Eighth Finals Discussion Thread

    Personally, I don't feel like any of the campaigns have been wasted. I'll remember the good ones and who posted them for a long time, regardless of who won the match that it was posted in. Don't be too grumpy, everyone. It's all in good fun, so no time spent on a campaign should feel wasted.

    Also, it's a tournament, so we should be just as mentally prepared for a win as we are for a loss. A campaign dies only when it is forgotten!

  4. #84
    Discovered Stowaway Supernova's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Breast of Nami's

    Default Re: 2014 APCT Fourth Round:The Eighth Finals Discussion Thread

    Yeah I like the jokes in the tournament, but there has to be a point where it needs to stop. The Satori thing basically killed a good contender.

  5. #85

    Default Re: 2014 APCT Fourth Round:The Eighth Finals Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Supernova View Post
    Yeah I like the jokes in the tournament, but there has to be a point where it needs to stop. The Satori thing basically killed a good contender.
    Yeah, you're right. To be honest, I voted for Franky, because Satori just killed Cavendish for me. I would have voted for Cavendish, had it not been for the joke.

  6. #86

    Default Re: 2014 APCT Fourth Round:The Eighth Finals Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Red Hawk View Post
    Yeah, you're right. To be honest, I voted for Franky, because Satori just killed Cavendish for me. I would have voted for Cavendish, had it not been for the joke.
    I don't know if you are serious or not, but there are for sure more people with such logic. This is exactly why I don't like what happened. Joke is a joke, but it could have been used on somebody who didn't have a chance to win. Now it's just unfair to Cavendish and Franky fans alike (and especially to noob). Even if there will be legit actual match later, mood and momentum kind of came to a halt. Don't you think that those few people who still participate and create OC deserve better than this?


  7. #87

    Default Re: 2014 APCT Fourth Round:The Eighth Finals Discussion Thread

    Come on people...

    Go to the last page of Franky Vs Satori and check Jabra´s post.

    Franky beats Satori and he wakes up Cabbage.

    They will have a rematch.

    Cavendish will have his fair fight (and his fair loss)

  8. #88

    Default Re: 2014 APCT Fourth Round:The Eighth Finals Discussion Thread

    My time campaigning for Franky will be worthless then cause i won't be able to help in a second match then. (If we are into whining).
    Working thru some stuff. Dunno how long i will be here.

  9. #89

    Default Re: 2014 APCT Fourth Round:The Eighth Finals Discussion Thread

    If Luffy and Barto ever meet. The campaign is simple.

    Who would Barto vote for?

  10. #90

    Default Re: 2014 APCT Fourth Round:The Eighth Finals Discussion Thread

    Since we're into whining, I gotta say ... if you voted Franky because of not liking Satori (when it obviously wasn't Satori ... ) instead of just voting Franky because of campaigns or liking the character, then you make really shitty use of your votes.

    Y'all take this shite too seriously, not even the first time that Satori leads to people going overboard. And realize too, the whining and stuff just winds up keeping the whole thing alive, because that's how trolling works.
    Want to kill it? Ignore it and just roll with it. HO-HOHO

  11. #91
    Hunter X Hunter X Hunter JarmenKell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Beleriand

    Default Re: 2014 APCT Fourth Round:The Eighth Finals Discussion Thread

    meh, the mods will have the rematch at the end of the round, probably...

    either way, i lost a lot of interest
    it would be funny if the sasori gag actually got people annoyed enough to stop voting, when it's supposed to keep the tournament fresh (and even then he's been in the tournie for 3 years so not really)

  12. #92

    Default Re: 2014 APCT Fourth Round:The Eighth Finals Discussion Thread

    Oh man, now we're going into long paragraphs? pff, to hell with this.
    Working thru some stuff. Dunno how long i will be here.

  13. #93

    Default Re: 2014 APCT Fourth Round:The Eighth Finals Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Prismeru View Post
    Oh man, now we're going into long paragraphs? pff, to hell with this.
    What long paragraphs have been posted?

    One Pace - The One Piece anime without the filler and padding.
    AP Discord

  14. #94

    Default Re: 2014 APCT Fourth Round:The Eighth Finals Discussion Thread

    I like Bartolomeo and all, but is he really going to roll over people like Whitebeard did?

  15. #95

    Default Re: 2014 APCT Fourth Round:The Eighth Finals Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Noqanky View Post
    Since we're into whining, I gotta say ... if you voted Franky because of not liking Satori (when it obviously wasn't Satori ... ) instead of just voting Franky because of campaigns or liking the character, then you make really shitty use of your votes.

    Y'all take this shite too seriously, not even the first time that Satori leads to people going overboard. And realize too, the whining and stuff just winds up keeping the whole thing alive, because that's how trolling works.
    Want to kill it? Ignore it and just roll with it. HO-HOHO
    I just want to see Bartolomeo face Satori. Just to amplify the current complaining tenfold if he ends up losing. )

    Yes, you shouldn't take the tournament seriously enough to get upset over it, because it's just a game; at the same time nobody plays to lose so you will always have people expressing their feelings and just telling them to suck it up isn't helping anyone. Naturally, it's trivial at best, and it might end up ruining the fun for others...but i'm not talking about Satori here. Criticism isn't always for the sake of criticism and one should learn where to draw the line because eventually you might alienate the same people you were trying to attract.

  16. #96

    Default Re: 2014 APCT Fourth Round:The Eighth Finals Discussion Thread

    A question:
    What do the numbers under the wanted posters mean (what should be the bounty)?
    I´ve been wondering for a while, but i just never asked for some reason.

  17. #97
    Борітеся поборете Lef's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Ukraine

    Default Re: 2014 APCT Fourth Round:The Eighth Finals Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by SpaceCowboy View Post
    A question:
    What do the numbers under the wanted posters mean (what should be the bounty)?
    I´ve been wondering for a while, but i just never asked for some reason.
    Numbers that you get from using a formula, that vary from round to round. Back in the day(2012 for me, never looked further) figuring out the formula was a thing.

    I remember akagami7 doing it mostly.

  18. #98
    Hells Memories Kishido's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Germany

    Default Re: 2014 APCT Fourth Round:The Eighth Finals Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by NateRich View Post
    I like Bartolomeo and all, but is he really going to roll over people like Whitebeard did?
    I hope he will


  19. #99

    Default Re: 2014 APCT Fourth Round:The Eighth Finals Discussion Thread

    The more you complain about an outcome, the more likely the staff is to actually NOT do anything. Because even if the staff had *already* planned to have a make up match of some sort after some gag or another had its chance, (and there's certainly years of history and precedent to back that up) it's not cool to look like we're just catering to the one or two people complaining the loudest.

    Quote Originally Posted by JarmenKell View Post
    it would be funny if the sasori gag actually got people annoyed enough to stop voting, when it's supposed to keep the tournament fresh (and even then he's been in the tournie for 3 years so not really)
    Who is this sasori character you speak of? Some Naruto villain?
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

    Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

  20. #100

    Default Re: 2014 APCT Fourth Round:The Eighth Finals Discussion Thread

    Next year: Sasori is in the tournament, using Satori as a human-puppet. Wins every match. 2015 champ.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts