+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Training Islands, Training What?

Default Training Islands, Training What?

Based on the premise that the Island are all about training, forcing growth or knowledge on to the Mugiwara and given that we've now had all locations revealed. What do you think they're able to learn from their respective islands?

Obviously;
    Luffy = Haki, Asce's doom.
    Zoro = ??? Haki again?
    Sanji = ??? Haki again? Though the popular choice IIRC was leg strengthening/endurance techniques.
    Robin = More tidbits about the world history.
    Franky = Technological advancements
    Brook = More musical might other than sending people to sleep
    Chopper = ??? I'm currently thinking it'll be something about his monster form
    Nami = Power up for the Clima Tact
    Usopp = Bravery yet again.

Thoughts? Alternative ideas?
    I recommend: Peerless Martial God, Renegade Immortal, Gourmet of Another World, Trash of the Counts Family and The Great Ruler

Default Re: Training Islands, Training What?

Quote Originally Posted by sabret00the View Post
    Based on the premise that the Island are all about training, forcing growth or knowledge on to the Mugiwara and given that we've now had all locations revealed. What do you think they're able to learn from their respective islands?

Obviously;
    Luffy = Haki, Asce's doom.
    Zoro = ??? Haki again?
    Sanji = ??? Haki again? Though the popular choice IIRC was leg strengthening/endurance techniques.
    Robin = More tidbits about the world history.
    Franky = Technological advancements
    Brook = More musical might other than sending people to sleep
    Chopper = ??? I'm currently thinking it'll be something about his monster form
    Nami = Power up for the Clima Tact
    Usopp = Bravery yet again.

Thoughts? Alternative ideas?
    I think Brooke will learn some music related attacks kinda like Apoo

I want choppah to learn to fly (bird island :P)
    Last edited by jack1000; December 3rd, 2008 at 04:32 AM.

Robin will learn endurance through a lot of manual labour :p
    Sanji will strengthen his legs through a lot of running, and might learn some haki
    Zoro will just survive, and get a lot stronger in the process.
    Usopp won't just learn bravery, I think he will learn to become more cunning and deceitful, enabling him to trick enemies a lot better (other than "I have 8000 minions!"

Quote Originally Posted by jack1000 View Post

I want choppah to learn to fly (bird island :P)
    I agree with you on Brook, I'll just assume that Apoo's powers were racial after all instead of DF powers (Somehow Apoo reminded me of the mummy like tribesman from Hunter X Hunter *randomness*) But if this is true that means Brook will probably engage in a battle involving music. Could see an upgrade happening there.

Concerning Chopper, I think it's more likely that those shaman tribe dudes will learn him a thing or two about *unknown* herbal medicines, though he will likely leave the island with the help of those birds.

Nami and Franky's seem obvious... Don't have a clue bout Zoro and Sanji tho...

Quote Originally Posted by jack1000 View Post
    Now that you say it, Apoo is from the longarm tribe. Coincidence? ;)

I actually think brook landed on a great place to learn more about hes devilfruitpower.

As Ivotas said, Apoo's tribe is the same as those guys who "summoned" Brook are fighting against. So this one is pretty clear.

However, I have my doubts if all of them will get stronger. I mean, Luffy didn't. Aside from (very) strong allies, he didn't got anything new from Amazon Lily.
    I wouldn't be surprised if Zoro and Sanji also don't get a power up (they are pretty strong already, not New World level, but a lot!). And I would love if Kuma sent Sanji there just 'cause he have some twisted (and secret) sense of humor.

Chopper will learn the 'Chopperman' point \o/\o/\o/\o/ and will become Sogeking's sidekick... or the opposite.

About Usopp and the bravery... I don't know, I always thought his "brave training" would be at Elbaf :/ I would like that. Maybe now he could gain some DF powers (or better: Kabuto would!).
    Last edited by .access timeco.; December 2nd, 2008 at 09:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by .access timeco. View Post
    However, I have my doubts if all of them will get stronger. I mean, Luffy didn't. Aside from (very) strong allies, he didn't got anything new from Amazon Lily.
    Doesn't he still have a while until he meet's up with his crew? Also, the groth thing doesn't have to be a direct thing but something on a long shot. There's still the chance that Hancock explains the Ambition thing to him. He doesn't have to grasp full comprehension of how it works now. But simply being aware of what it is and that it's in him is already guaranteed to power him up in the future. The Strawhat's still have a long way to go, so they don't require instant power up.

About Usopp and the bravery... I don't know, I always thought his "brave training" would be at Elbaf :/ I would like that. Maybe now he could gain some DF powers (or better: Kabuto would!).
    What Usopp needs is to improve his sniping skills on terms of hitting targets that try to dodge his attacks. He might be superb at long distance precision, but he's still a zero at hitting objects that avoid his shots. Normally a good sniper is somebody you're only safe from, when you find cover. But for Usopp it's enough to jump a little from right to left and you're safe. From the top of my head I only remember him not hitting Jabra and Absalom (of which the latter didn't even use Soru). I doubt that guys like Yasopp or Van Auger couldn't snipe someone who performs Soru. So yeah, this is a power up that Usopp desperately needs if he wants to be a true king of snipers.

He could get the Lock Lock Fruit that would allow him to take sight of his target and LOCK OOOOON!

Usopp's upgrade will be adding another verse to the Sogeking Song.

And I say Sanji is where he is because Kuma's annoyed at him trying to steal Zoro's Heroic Sacrifice away from him.
    ~Stargazer~, ~Distance~ original stories.
    3DS Friend Code: 2234-8294-8917

Quote Originally Posted by Crossword View Post
    And I say Sanji is where he is because Kuma's annoyed at him trying to steal Zoro's Heroic Sacrifice away from him.
    I always thought that Sanji's eyebrow attempted to hypnotize Kuma using its unmastered Haki, but gave mixed signals about being a hentai that went from erotica to homoerotica.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivotas View Post
    What Usopp needs is to improve his sniping skills on terms of hitting targets that try to dodge his attacks. He might be superb at long distance precision, but he's still a zero at hitting objects that avoid his shots. Normally a good sniper is somebody you're only safe from, when you find cover. But for Usopp it's enough to jump a little from right to left and you're safe. From the top of my head I only remember him not hitting Jabra and Absalom (of which the latter didn't even use Soru). I doubt that guys like Yasopp or Van Auger couldn't snipe someone who performs Soru. So yeah, this is a power up that Usopp desperately needs if he wants to be a true king of snipers.
    I wouldn't really count Absalom since he was invisible throughout anytime Usopp would have gotten a chance to hit him(during Nami's bath and her subsequently getting captured by him later on).

You are right though in Usopp needing to better his sniping against moving targets. I'm sure that'll come somewhere down the line though so I'm not too worried. As for the bravery situation, like mentioned earlier, that'll be during the crews adventure through Elbaf(whenever they get there).

Legen, wait for it...dary! Mugiwara Kaizoku's Avatar

wasn't apoo from the longhand tribe?

edit: ok, someone mistook it for longarm tribe before but it's the longhand tribe. apoo relation speculation theories allowed.
    Last edited by Mugiwara Kaizoku; December 2nd, 2008 at 11:08 AM.
    ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ...it's the mucus that bites us!

Quote Originally Posted by Vanessa View Post
    I wouldn't really count Absalom since he was invisible throughout anytime Usopp would have gotten a chance to hit him(during Nami's bath and her subsequently getting captured by him later on).
    Absalom is actually an even bigger disappointment then Jabra, since the latter was at least using Soru. Absalom actually just stood there when Usopp fired and turned invisible during the shot. Hitting him after he became invisible is not the problem, but the shot was fired before that and it still didn't hit. That's worse then not hitting somebody who uses Soru.

You are right though in Usopp needing to better his sniping against moving targets. I'm sure that'll come somewhere down the line though so I'm not too worried. As for the bravery situation, like mentioned earlier, that'll be during the crews adventure through Elbaf(whenever they get there).
    To be honest, I actually fear that Oda might completely ignore that part, which would be a huge disappointment. Whenever Usopp displayed great sniping skills it was always because of precision on a large distance. It was never even brought up in the story that he still lack's something on his domain. The fight against Jabra would have been the perfect chance for him to be like "I still have much to learn/improve in order to become a really good sniper" but that wasn't the case. A lack of sniping skills was never brought up, only that he's not good at close combat.

I really hope, that I'll be mistaken here. But so far I really doubt that Oda will go that route with Usopp, which would suck because Usopp lacks one half of what makes a good sniper. And he lacks it totally.

A Great King, somewhere! Captain Brooke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Porinero View Post
    I actually think brook landed on a great place to learn more about hes devilfruitpower.
    Nothing more to learn, all his power does is bring him back to life, simple as that!

What I can see is Robin some how getting stronger through being a slave??

Chopper dealing with his Monster Point

Nami upgrade

&

Ussop with more weaponry

In the slums of heaven... I'm renting out a condo in hell though.

Cool Re: Training Islands, Training What?

Nothing more to learn, all his power does is bring him back to life, simple as that!
    That's your baseless opinion seeing as that's what Oda would want you to think since Brook said himself the only thing he knows about the DF is that he can be brought back to life. He doesn't even know if it can happen multiple times.
    Zik Of The 7 Swords: Vision? What do you know about my vision? My vision would turn your world upside down, tear asunder your illusions, and send the sanctuary of your own ignorance crashing down around you. Now ask yourself, Are you ready to see that vision?
    Last.fm

Quote Originally Posted by Ivotas View Post
    Absalom is actually an even bigger disappointment then Jabra, since the latter was at least using Soru. Absalom actually just stood there when Usopp fired and turned invisible during the shot. Hitting him after he became invisible is not the problem, but the shot was fired before that and it still didn't hit. That's worse then not hitting somebody who uses Soru.
    What? How exactly is that worse? It's not like Usopp can magically make his ammo hit an invisible opponent. So I don't really get how Absalom using his Devil Fruit is a fault on Ussop's end. That's more a matter of speed of the ammo itself rather than accuracy anyway.

Against an opponent using Soru or even just moving around at least gives a chance to at least follow the movements so as to get a shot in, but when Absalom turns fully invisible there's really no way you can track the guy. The only reason Sanji managed to is because he already hit Absalom with the Salt Stars as the latter was turning invisible.

To be honest, I actually fear that Oda might completely ignore that part, which would be a huge disappointment. Whenever Usopp displayed great sniping skills it was always because of precision on a large distance. It was never even brought up in the story that he still lack's something on his domain. The fight against Jabra would have been the perfect chance for him to be like "I still have much to learn/improve in order to become a really good sniper" but that wasn't the case. A lack of sniping skills was never brought up, only that he's not good at close combat.

I really hope, that I'll be mistaken here. But so far I really doubt that Oda will go that route with Usopp, which would suck because Usopp lacks one half of what makes a good sniper. And he lacks it totally.
    I guess it all depends if he actually picks up anything from his situation at Boin Archipelago. That'd be the soonest we can get some kind of glimpse, and even then it's not something to rule out if it doesn't happen there.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Brooke View Post
    Going by the ideas in this thread there's some of us who think that there might be more to his ability. But to make it short, Brook has the Revival Fruit, not the "One Time Only Revival" or the "Limited To Just Myself Revival" Fruit. The full extent of such an ability might be much larger with such a vague name. But I guess, further discussion on that belongs in said thread.

Well here's my take on their islands

Nami - No climatact upgrade. Its already the perfect climatact. But she will use this wind somehow, I can see her having some sexy outfit on with a rope integrated into it.

Brook - If long-arm is like Apoo then possible new music learnt. I mean a musician can always learn new compositions.

Sanji - NO idea, he always seems like the butt end of the joke so heck for all I know he comes back pissed off but with stronger legs from running.

Zoro - I'm hoping no perona joining for sure. But for him thinking maybe he learns to cut her ghosts (why perona would help him train or they fighting for, no idea) and this is like breath for steel. Like cutting Logia is cutting diamond (or Kuma). So him cutting ghosts is like when he learnt to cut steel. Its a step but still not there.

Choppper - hmm birds ruling men. This could be kind of how the monster inside of him is ruling himself. Now sure how gonna help him besides a symbolism for himself to think about.

Usopp - Obviously he gets some new gadgets/ammo/ect from hercules. And also be good for his brave warrior of the sea to be on his own for a bit.

Franky - Learns of new technology and gets new materials for the ship and himself. Hoping though that he puts a Franky spin on all of it and doesn't copy it exactly. Also he does his upgrades on himself and not somebody else.

Robin - Learn more about world obvious. Have no idea what training would do, or how she even gonna escape.

to come back to usopp, I think he will learn to strengthen his several projectiles, maybe imput them also with "haki" like the amazons
    I think his greatest weakness is that his projectiles doesn`t do enough damage to strong opponents, so even if he would hit Absalom or Jabra, it would only make them laugh...
    We don`t need to know what`s coming tomorrow,
    so that we can live today to the fullest!!!
    Natsu Dragneel

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information