+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 45 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece: Super Grand Battle! for Nintendo 3DS (2014)

Default Re: One Piece: Super Grand Battle! for Nintendo 3DS (2014)

Anyone else bothered by the box art drawings of One Piece games?
    I wish it was like Jojo games where Araki draws the covers and makes them awesome.
    I admire Oda's art but dislike the anime's... it makes everything so less epic.

Also I don't like it that we're seeing Franky's pigtails so much :( I like every other hairstyle better

Quote Originally Posted by OmerMe View Post
    I wish it was like Jojo games where Araki draws the covers and makes them awesome.
    Unless I'm missing something, I'm pretty sure Araki didn't draw the cover for All-Star Battle.

I don't like the Cover but I'm gona buy it the same lolz

Seeing Dellinger's magnificient proficiency in kickin' others asses in a collective manner, I'm bummed he's not in that family shot.

And I hope if one of those gets a shot at being a main and not only an assists, that'll be Baby5. Seriously, it's like Oda basically created her so she could be made into a fighting game character. With what she's shown in the manga, she has all normal, special and super moves covered without them needing to add a single thing.

It'd be criminal not to make her a full fledged character.

Quote Originally Posted by kouch_lee View Post
    Seeing Dellinger's magnificient proficiency in kickin' others asses in a collective manner, I'm bummed he's not in that family shot.

And I hope if one of those gets a shot at being a main and not only an assists, that'll be Baby5. Seriously, it's like Oda basically created her so she could be made into a fighting game character. With what she's shown in the manga, she has all normal, special and super moves covered without them needing to add a single thing.

It'd be criminal not to make her a full fledged character.
    I assume everybody in that group shot is going to be playable. It's essentially the characters who have shown enough of their powers in the manga so far.

You also can see Buffalo being an assist in one of the screens, but he's not with the group.

Pica seems to be a stage hazard, if not the stage itself because he's so big. He's One Piece's own Ridley.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKingJC View Post
    Unless I'm missing something, I'm pretty sure Araki didn't draw the cover for All-Star Battle.
    Talking about Heritage to the Future, and the PS2 Phantom Blood and Vento Aureo games.
    I had the same problem with ASBs boxart but at least it looked good

Scan translation. New scan next week !

I don't really get how the support system works. Can we control the support character as a playable one for a time ? Or is he just fighting himself when called ?

Quote Originally Posted by King Cannon View Post
    I assume everybody in that group shot is going to be playable. It's essentially the characters who have shown enough of their powers in the manga so far.
    Everybody except for Sugar. She didn't do anything but turning people into toys, it'd be weird to have her as a playable character.
    Last edited by Flame; August 21st, 2014 at 05:23 AM.

It appears that the first run copies of the game will include a special promotion. I'm hoping they keep Doflamingo's theme from UWR in the game. That theme was epic.

I hope Patrick Redfield (antagonist of Unlimited World Red) will be playable.

Quote Originally Posted by Flame View Post
    Everybody except for Sugar. She didn't do anything but turning people into toys, it'd be weird to have her as a playable character.
    She can order toys around. You can make a nice moveset around that.

The way she's shown in one of the scans, she seems like an assist to me. She starts eating plums, and if you get close to that aura around her, you'll become a toy.

Or something.

Indeed, I didn't think that way ^^
    Her moveset could be like Olimar & Pikmin in SSBB

You also can see Buffalo being an assist in one of the screens, but he's not with the group.

Pica seems to be a stage hazard, if not the stage itself because he's so big. He's One Piece's own Ridley.
    I don't know. While Baby 5 has shown half a million different DF uses, the rest really haven't. Ganbarion has made up movesets from much less, true, but all of those playable means tons of made up stuff. I can see some of them, but as Devil says, it seems Sugar will be an assist, and I can see others following.

well in that screenshot they say a 4-players battle... and I can see sugar more than buffalo as playable character...
    Quote Originally Posted by rayleigh92 View Post
    Carrot sneaked on the Sunny when they left Zou, not asking or requesting anyone. IF Carrot is going to join, I expect something like that, with the crew ready to leave Wano, all of them beginning to party for new nakama Yamato and then "wha-t?! Carrot is near Luffy

buffalo would likely be a part of baby 5's moveset or just a support

Quote Originally Posted by Devil G. View Post
    The way she's shown in one of the scans, she seems like an assist to me. She starts eating plums, and if you get close to that aura around her, you'll become a toy.

Or something.
    The one which says "A 4-Players Game"?

Usopp, Robin, Treból and...

Quote Originally Posted by kouch_lee View Post
    I don't know. While Baby 5 has shown half a million different DF uses, the rest really haven't. Ganbarion has made up movesets from much less, true, but all of those playable means tons of made up stuff. I can see some of them, but as Devil says, it seems Sugar will be an assist, and I can see others following.
    Well, then Buffalo is playable in that "A 4-Player Game" screenshot. Or else, what's the point of showing only 3 players?

And considering that this is an obvious shout out to the S.O.P operation...
    Last edited by King Cannon; August 23rd, 2014 at 04:08 PM.

Desire's Bland Moon puffing.cinema's Avatar

Japanese adds are always aiming that high, or can I expect something buzz-forging next week with this "secret that transcends battle" that is supposed to come next week?

the secret transcendent battle will be God vs God... Enel vs. Usopp
    Quote Originally Posted by rayleigh92 View Post
    Carrot sneaked on the Sunny when they left Zou, not asking or requesting anyone. IF Carrot is going to join, I expect something like that, with the crew ready to leave Wano, all of them beginning to party for new nakama Yamato and then "wha-t?! Carrot is near Luffy

The one which says "A 4-Players Game"?

Usopp, Robin, Treból and...

Well, then either Buffalo or Sugar is playable in that "A 4-Player Game" screenshot. Or else, what's the point of showing only 3 players?

And considering that this is an obvious shout out to the S.O.P operation...
    Stupid text, trying to prove me wrong.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information