+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 LastLast

Thread: What manga are you reading and how do you like it? What do you plan to read?

Default Re: What manga are you reading and how do you like it? What do you plan to read?

The manga City is so amazing at portraying its location as a living, breathing city. Part of it is having so many characters but it's hard to keep track of who's who at times. The last chapter of volume 4 has dozens of characters (maybe every character introduced) doing stuff related to earlier introduced plots across 4 consecutive double page spreads that look like Where's Waldo scenes.

Default Re: What manga are you reading and how do you like it? What do you plan to read?

Just started reading Magi

It's okay so far almost 40 chapters in, kind of confused on some stuff but it's fun

I smashed The Promised Neverland.

I'm looking for a series that is maybe around 150 chapters or so but is completed. Nothing gory, something interesting.

Anyone have any recommendations?

Quote Originally Posted by SuburbanErrorist View Post

I'm looking for a series that is maybe around 150 chapters or so but is completed. Nothing gory, something interesting.

That's quite vague, don't you more precise criterias ? Like genres, themes you like or dislike. Have you read a lot of mangas already or not

Otherwise my number 1 recommendation: Sengoku Yuko, 100 chapters completed. Great fantasy shonen

Quote Originally Posted by Kdom View Post
    That's quite vague, don't you more precise criterias ? Like genres, themes you like or dislike. Have you read a lot of mangas already or not

Otherwise my number 1 recommendation: Sengoku Yuko, 100 chapters completed. Great fantasy shonen
    I don't really have a certain preference. I got really hooked on The Promised Neverland yesterday and completed it.

It's been years, but i've read Yamada and the 7 witches, Attack on Titan, Nisekoi, Love Hina.

By the way, I just watched Kings Game (Ousama Game), I've never seen such a rubbish story and I feel like I've wasted my time.

I'll give Sengoku Yuko a go.

Well then maybe you can read some shonen classic like FMA or Hikaru no go
    If you want to try a music manga : Beck
    Baseball manga : Rookies, Cross Game
    More recent : Assassination Classroom

In seinen, all Urasawa titles are in this range of chapters.
    Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou if you want a calm slice of life title
    A female GTO : Gokusen

I don't really have a certain preference. I got really hooked on The Promised Neverland yesterday and completed it.

It's been years, but i've read Yamada and the 7 witches, Attack on Titan, Nisekoi, Love Hina.

By the way, I just watched Kings Game (Ousama Game), I've never seen such a rubbish story and I feel like I've wasted my time.

I'll give Sengoku Yuko a go.
    I have one for you! Mob Psycho 100
    Fit's your criteria and is a completely enjoyable experience.
    If you get around to reading it please let me know your opinion!
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Kdom View Post
    Well then maybe you can read some shonen classic like FMA or Hikaru no go
    If you want to try a music manga : Beck
    Baseball manga : Rookies, Cross Game
    More recent : Assassination Classroom

In seinen, all Urasawa titles are in this range of chapters.
    Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou if you want a calm slice of life title
    A female GTO : Gokusen
    This post shows why using chapter count is kind of silly in some circumstances. YKK is 142 chapters but is only 14 volumes and I'm pretty sure the volumes are shorter than standard (its chapters are like 15 pages long, if that). Beck is 103 chapters but is 34 volumes (and long volumes), more than twice as long, because it's chapters are all like 70 pages long. Beck is more like 300+ chapters by normal chapter length standards.

King of the Monsters Lucky Dragon's Avatar

Not too long ago I noticed there was some melodrama on twitter concerning this image.

Hidden:

I discovered the name of this character was Uzaki-chan, I was curious to see if all the commotion surrounding the character had any merit to it. I never heard of this Uzaki-chan before all the fuss on twitter. I got the impression that the people who were outraged didn't actually know anything about the character and were just jumping to conclusions.

Having caught up with Uzaki-chan wa Asobitai (it's an ongoing series), I can say the uproar over the character was in fact a case of jumping to conclusions.

The chapters are pretty short, so the manga wastes no time establishing the dynamic of the two lead characters Shinichi Sakurai and Hana Uzaki respectively, who are both college students. The manga has an opposites attract angle going on with them. They have opposing personalities that causes them to butt heads constantly, but it's played for laughs and in spite of that they actually manage to get along pretty well. The mangaka seems content to draw out when they'll hook up for as long as possible, the pair were already acquainted with each other prior to being introduced in the first chapter, so the story is about their bond being strengthened rather than having them fall in love. Giving the story a casual atmosphere rather than a sappy romantic one, thankfully. It managed to get a few chuckles out of me on afew occasions. The supporting cast are likeable enough, the story hasn't focused too much on them. They all root for the two leads to get together in their own ways, but they also have decent chemistry with each other which goes a long way in helping the frequent comedic bits land. The artstyle works for this kind of manga, it's minimalistic, which suits a simple story like this fine.

While there are some fan-servicey moments with Hana, they don't happen very often and when they do it's pretty mild. One Piece has had more risqué fan-service over the years in my opinion. Plus, these moments tend to emphasise that the male lead does find his female counterpart attractive, so I think the fan-service here has more of a purpose than to simply be titillating for the reader, usually. The mangaka does find reasons for the male lead Shinichi to go shirtless on more than one occasion too, but the fan-servicey content does lean more towards the female characters. That being said, I think all the controversy surrounding Hana having large breasts was overblown and ignorant. Par for the course I suppose for twitter outrage.

I don't normally partake in slice of life manga, i've only dabbled in it alittle. The only ones i've read in their entirety is Lovely Complex and Angel Densetsu both of which I like well enough, although I prefer the latter over the former. Uzaki-chan wa Asobitai is comparable to those manga in certain respects. All in all, it's an enjoyable light read.

“I thought of Godzilla as the embodiment of violence and hatred for mankind, because he was created by atomic energy. He's like a symbol of humanity's complicity in their own destruction. He doesn't have an emotion. He is an emotion.” — Jun Fukuda

Quote Originally Posted by Sakonosolo View Post
    The manga City is so amazing at portraying its location as a living, breathing city.
    So I understood this literally and instantly went after it once I finished the first phrase. Soon I realized I got it wrong, but even one page was enough to have me hooked in. First manga of this style I ever read (and I believe Azumanga Daioh was the only similar anime I ever watched), but it is such a good light read.

My #1 manga recommendation to anyone will always be Shin Angyo Onshi. The art is kinda rought on the first 1~2 volumes, though.

Started reading Ouran High School Host Club. It's one of those manga/anime I've known about for quite a while because so many girls in middle and high school talked about it a lot. It's pretty good so far. I really really like Haruhi. The eyes are a bit too big for my tastes though. There was a comment in the first volume by the mangaka about maybe shrinking them a bit so I wonder if that'll happen to any significant extent. Will probably watch the anime at some point too.

Quote Originally Posted by allbluebro View Post
    I have one for you! Mob Psycho 100
    Fit's your criteria and is a completely enjoyable experience.
    If you get around to reading it please let me know your opinion!
    Thanks!
    I just smashed the whole Mob Psycho series yesterday, it was really good :)
    I had always seen advertising for it a while ago, it was advertised so much that I didn't want to watch it.

But it was really good, there was a lot of good character development and Mob is such a great character.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by .access timeco. View Post
    So I understood this literally and instantly went after it once I finished the first phrase. Soon I realized I got it wrong, but even one page was enough to have me hooked in. First manga of this style I ever read (and I believe Azumanga Daioh was the only similar anime I ever watched), but it is such a good light read.

My #1 manga recommendation to anyone will always be Shin Angyo Onshi. The art is kinda rought on the first 1~2 volumes, though.
    I might give it a go. Probably now

So...Hiro Mashima's Eden's Zero...
    I haven't been following it at all, and I don't know much about it.

But I saw some Discord friends discussing the newest chapter, saying that it was pretty dark.
    I have to agree... this was a surprise.

https://readedenszero.com/reader/rea...en/8/67/page/1

Apparently Mashima isn't playing around with this series. Maybe I'll check it out after all.

---------------------------------[Youtube]-[Patreon]-[Twitter]---------------------------------

I'm really liking the relationship stuff in Ouran Host Club. I see people all the time complaining about relationship drama but I really don't have a problem with it. Maybe I just haven't read enough stuff with bad relationship drama. Nothing's been bad about it so far in this manga though.

anyone ever heard of Bungo Stray dogs? I started reading it, it's actually pretty fun

Finally finished Ouran Host Club. Really really loved it. I'm glad it didn't stop at the love confession since I see a lot of people complaining about how that happens a lot with romance stories. The whole final arc with the business conspiracy stuff was kind of out of left field (and not at all what I was expecting from this series when I started it) but it was interesting and helped develop Tamaki's character more. There's apparently a few more one-shot chapters after this that I'll probably read at some point. One complaint I have is that the mangaka doesn't seem to be very good at drawing kiss scenes, though maybe she wanted to save the good ones for later since the framing of them was better towards the end of the manga. I'm watching the anime too and the part near the beginning where Tamaki accidentally pushes Haruhi into kissing that other girl was done a lot better in the anime.

Also, spoilers
    Spoiler:
    They had that entire chapter where they wanted Haruhi to let everyone know she was actually a girl, and all the characters were like "We've known for a while" and were cool with it. Then it turns out they just thought she was a guy that liked to cross dress and was in a gay relationship with Tamaki. As serious as the last bit of the series was, it never got rid of the comedy aspect.

I've also been reading the Ghost in the Shell manga. I like sci-fi but I'm not really feeling it. I also couldn't find the newest release of the manga that's unflipped and has a few pages put back in that were censored initially. The anime/movies are apparently pretty different. Not sure what I'll read next. I've been wanting to read some of the other manga by the mangaka that wrote Lucifer and Biscuit Hammer so maybe one of those (probably Spirit Circle since it's shorter). Been looking at Kare Kano too since it's pretty highly held and ran in the same magazine as Ouran Host Club.
    Last edited by Sakonosolo; November 22nd, 2019 at 10:49 PM.

the mangaka from After the rain started a new serie in the young jump
    https://mangadex.org/title/42846/kow...eneric-romance

And it's great once again

ok, signature edit !

Anyone know where I can read Twin Star Exorcists in English chapters 60 to 77?

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Baroness View Post
    Anyone know where I can read Twin Star Exorcists in English chapters 60 to 77?
    https://jaiminisbox.com/reader/serie...tar_exorcists/

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information