Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The Official FADI and 2013 APCT Rules Thread

Default The Official FADI and 2013 APCT Rules Thread

Let's get to it.

The following are the Rules, which are subject to change as needed. Please follow them; violators will be banned and we'd rather not do that at all.

01) As you may have already noticed, we're doing things a little totally differently this year; Oda's inspired us to try something new this time around. We've been doing these again for several years now and the staff tends to get burned out doing the same thing year in and year out. Doubtless, there will be people who don't care for this, but at least give it a chance. So let's not have threads that are nothing but complaints about the format or selection of characters, alright?
    02) As always, no bashing. Whether it's characters, campaigns, members, staff, or whatever, don't do it. Constructive criticism is a good thing and should be encouraged and accepted with grace.
    03) Vote buying with physical property or cash is strictly prohibited. Things that are collectively for the community; like, say, offering to draw a picture if somebody wins, is okay. Offering manga volumes isn't.
    04) Don't cheat; we'll figure it out and ban you for it.
    05) This remains a PG13 board. All images and campaigns posted must be safe for work. If you suspect something might be over the line, then don't post it in the first place.
    06) Once cast, all votes are final. We won't change a vote just because you changed your mind.
    07) Certain campaigns are banned. The list is subject to change as warrants and violations will lead to the member in question being banned.

Spoiler:

01. Boob/Playgirl/Manglaze Campaigns.
    02. Euphemistic Campaigns ('Hats').
    03. Massive images without spoiler tags.
    04. Tired memes like Haters Gonna Hate.
    05. Campaigns that drag in arguments from other sections.
    06. The emo Ace image. The joke is dead and so is Ace.
    07. Constantly using the same image, video clip, or link over and over again.
    08. Excessive use of franchises or intellectual properties unrelated to One Piece. It's one thing to use the occasional image from another series, but let's no have page after page of that.
    09. Posts that are variations of FIRST PAGE or FIRST are annoying. Don't do that.
    10. Other material that may be banned as the need arises.

08) Moreso than other years, this Tournament will definitely involve spoilers for our anime only members. Sorry about that. The usual rules regarding spoilers outside of the Spoiler Section apply.
    09) Was eaten by seven and therefore does not exist.
    10) Don't troll other members; leave that to the professionals like us.
    11) As always, the last and most important rule: Have fun!

Minor notes:

1. If something goes wrong, try the Event Staff first and then ask the Forum Staff. Try either Urouge or Robby first.
    2. Don't try to start a thread in this forum. You shouldn't be able to, but don't try it.
    3. Matches should start shortly after the last one ends. That might not be the case from time to time, but please be patient.
    4. If you have questions about the rules or some other particular about the Tournament, ask away. That's why this thread is here. DO NOT POST ANYTHING ELSE IN THIS THREAD.
    5. In the event that you have complaints that the format has changed, that your favorite character didn't win or things of a similar nature, please send them to everybody's hero, Ballot Box, where they'll get all the due and respectful consideration that they deserve. Just look at that smiling face and tell you that you don't believe it.
    6. In the event of a tie, the match will be decided by a staff member that holds their vote for the duration of the round. The method of deciding is up to the staffer, but will usually be a coin flip. Don't vote just to even out the votes in an attempt to create an artificial tie. We had that happen last time and it screwed some things up.
    Last edited by Ubiq; May 12th, 2013 at 08:14 PM.
    Complicating things since 2009.

Default Re: The Official First Annual DoFlamingo Invitational Rules Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    5. In the event that you have complaints that the format has changed, that your favorite character didn't win or things of a similar nature, please send them to everybody's hero, Ballot Box, where they'll get all the due and respectful consideration that they deserve. Just look at that smiling face and tell you that you don't believe it.
    That's meeeeeeeeeeee!

Wait, Oda himself recommended that we do this? When did this happen?! Was I out at prom?!

Ballot Box is Satori, everything about last year is making sense now.
    Last edited by GJardim; May 13th, 2013 at 09:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Davy Jones View Post
    Wait, Oda himself recommended that we do this?
    Uhhh... no. The manga Tournament inspired the new format.
    Complicating things since 2009.

07) Certain campaigns are banned. The list is subject to change as warrants and violations will lead to the member in question being banned.

Spoiler:

01. Boob/Playgirl Campaigns.
    02. Euphemistic Campaigns ('Hats').
    03. Massive images without spoiler tags.
    04. Tired memes like Haters Gonna Hate.
    05. Campaigns that drag in arguments from other sections.
    07. Constantly using the same image, video clip, or link over and over again.
    08. Excessive use of franchises or intellectual properties unrelated to One Piece. It's one thing to use the occasional image from another series, but let's no have page after page of that.
    09. Posts that are variations of FIRST PAGE or FIRST are annoying. Don't do that.
    10. Other material that may be banned as the need arises.
    Every year we have a new kind of campaign to be banned, I wonder what the creative mind of Arlong Park will create this year...something creepy or brilliant ?
    Just time will tell
    Last edited by C_uggs; May 12th, 2013 at 07:49 PM. Reason: I´m the star in your eyes !!!
    When AP used to be good:

NEVER FORGET !!

Quote Originally Posted by GJardim View Post
    Ballot Box is Sasori, everything about last year is making sense now.
    The puppet guy from Naruto?

Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Joking aside! YAY! I'm happy for this tournament! Excited...and scared as well! With the crapton of characters in the manga tournament, I wouldn't be surprised if the staff members have huge things in store for Ricky, Bartolomeo, and Cavendish.

Here's to a fun tournament!

And may Hattori win!

You are on a quest to become the Pirate Prince, and you decide your fate!

Slim Shady is my lady Medical Orbit's Avatar
    Riding on a dolphin, doing flips and shit

It looks like you forgot to type the rest of rule no. 5. The last sentence just says "If you suspect something might be".

I accept Jesus Burgess as my Lord and Savior

Oh. Yeah. Can you throw in manglaze (despite the Rayleigh not being a participant) as one of the banned campaigns? :O

You are on a quest to become the Pirate Prince, and you decide your fate!

4. If you have questions about the rules or some other particular about the Tournament, ask away. That's why this thread is here. DO NOT POST ANYTHING ELSE IN THIS THREAD.
    I see nearly ten posts in this thread and most of them broke this rule.

Shame on you!

A bit more on topic though, the rules about banned campaigns are rather vague to me, mostly since this is the first time I'm considering participating a bit in this stuff. Mostly because I didn't know it existed 'till now.

where the game will start and how to play the game....?
    this is my first time....

My first time participating in these.
    Had a question. What'll happen if someone in the tournament is revealed to be an old character in the midst of tournament? Like, Ricky is Sabo someone we know.
    Disqualification?

Ricky is probably not Sabo, and he's pretty much the only masked character there. It's probably not going to be an issue. If something like that does happen, we'll figure it out when it comes up.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Discovered Stowaway

i don't get it. what is a campaign?

Quote Originally Posted by Sewil View Post
    i don't get it. what is a campaign?
    A campaign is an image, video, or even just a written out post persuading people to vote for a certain character.

Look at past tournaments in the archives for examples.
    Steam Profile: Sorikai33 | 3DS Friend Code: 2981 6418 0894
    ^Feel free to add me on either^

Sig art by Stjepan Sejic

Fine rules

But again a tournament with out old characters is a joke !! Are we getting the original one after this? Still unclear for us
    That's some real conversation for your ass

This is sort of a strange question, but I'm asking since the invitational is new. When we campaign, we can still uses older characters in them, right? Or are we making this a real challenge, so we don't have people campaigning by proxy, for example: "If you like this character (older character) vote for that character (new character)!"?
    Current Trophy Rank: Lv 14-37%
    Gambit

Nintendo ID: MPZ777
    Feel free to friend request me. Just let me know your from AP Forums.

Schrödinger's Giraffe Wooden_Giraffe's Avatar

Kinda curious what this "prize" is.

Quote Originally Posted by Wooden_Giraffe View Post
    Kinda curious what this "prize" is.
    The Mera Mera?

.....I'll leave.

Thread Information