Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: The first ever DOFLAMINGO INVITATIONALS!

Default Re: The first ever DOFLAMINGO INVITATIONALS!

Do Kinemon and Momonosuke count, or were they a bit more than a year ago

I guess I'll be leaving all of my votes up to campaigns (I assume that aspect won't change), since I don't really care for any of the new characters that have been introduced so far...

Quote Originally Posted by KaizokuJinbei View Post
    I nominate Kuzan's penguin
    No nominations this year, we already have the roster. Oda decided it for us.

Kuzan's penguin is in C block.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaronrules380 View Post
    They had to be introduced between chapters 667 and 707.

And because there had to be some reasonable cutoff, that means any character that shows up in chapter 708 or later, no matter how awesome they are, is out of luck.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Chapter 667 (which was the cutoff area for last year's tournament). So Kinemon doesn't qualify, but Momo does.

Basically, if they were in last year's tournament then they aren't new.
    Last edited by Urouge; May 12th, 2013 at 06:07 PM. Reason: robby ninja'd me with an edit!

Ok, I think I'll champion Momo. Are we going to get a tyhread on how these things actually work for those of us who haven't participated in the past/ are new members

Ok, I think I'll champion Momo. Are we going to get a tyhread on how these things actually work for those of us who haven't participated in the past/ are new members
    Yes, there will be rules and further explanations as things go along, particularly since its being done differently this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Urouge View Post
    robby ninja'd me with an edit!
    Well I was going to let them figure out Momo on their own.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Cool. I already have an idea for a Momonosuke campaign

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Also, who do you guys think are the favorites to win? My guess is that Bartolomeo has a strong chance, as do Ricky and Fujitora

SANITY IS FOR THE WEAK Drake_Cloud's Avatar

I know who I'm voting for:
    Spoiler:

(Credit to Ping for the pic)

Quote Originally Posted by Drake_Cloud View Post
    I know who I'm voting for:

(Credit to Ping for the pic)
    Ok that was pretty funny, though it definitely seems a bit OOC

Hopefully with this new arc we'll have great things coming from some new characters before the finals. I'm just happy that we'll have to be creative with the campaigns this year.

Read the rules and have a question: I had a campaign idea for Momo I like to call "Momo gets all da bitches". Would this be allowed?

I think I would either prefer seeing Fujitora, Violet, Don Chinjao, or Cavendish this year.

Read the rules and have a question: I had a campaign idea for Momo I like to call "Momo gets all da bitches". Would this be allowed?
    I can't say that I'm fond of the name.
    Complicating things since 2009.

Guess it is time I catch up to the manga...
    I made this terrible username 8 years ago!

Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    Not the most endearing of names to be honest.
    Ok, I'll think of a way to change it if I need to. It was more supposed to be funny than anything really, but I'm sure I can rework the idea a bit

Also, who do you guys think are the favorites to win? My guess is that Bartolomeo has a strong chance, as do Ricky and Fujitora
    NO IDEA. That's the entire beauty of it, no past history or prior track records (or campaigns) to judge. ANYONE could end up being a crazy new fan favorite, especially given that it seems Oda will be doing heavy focus on these guys in all the weeks to come. Major advantage goes to anyone who happens to be in a chapter right before their match. A few weeks ago Rebecca seemed a shoe in but she hasn't really done anything since. Just a week ago Don Chinjao and Bart were nobody, but now I think they might be a major contender! A new inventive campaign might sway everything, rather than an old meme that's been sitting around since 2009, or a character that has 15 years of exposure.

It can go any possible way and shift like crazy and its exciting and cool like that.

Personally, I like Ricky. My favorite choice I won't name until the roster is revealed though.

Quote Originally Posted by Essam Ismail View Post
    What bout old characters ?
    There might be room for a certain someone if we don't have enough characters.

Fate i toying with me. I had an idea for a year of the dragon campaign for Momo, and the actual chinese year of the dragon just happens to be last year

Go Diamante! youcandoit

Am I correct in assuming Vergo is included in this?

Also, are characters that were named from Blocks C and D going to be in it, or will they be not included due to not technically appearing yet?

Thread Information