+ Reply to Thread
Page 227 of 500 FirstFirst ... 127 177 217 225 226 227 228 229 237 277 327 ... LastLast
Results 4,521 to 4,540 of 9984

Thread: Toriko II: Ichiryuu's Slimy Insides!!

Default Re: Toriko II

What if all of Act 2 is just a flashback?

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo View Post
    This. Pretty much. There's no real reason to have this timeskip. Why gloss over such important events like Toriko's first journey into the Gourmet World or saving Komatsu? Or if, like some people are suggesting, it will be revealed later in a flashback, why wouldn't you just show it in real time? What value is there in skipping forward if you're planning on showing the events anyways? Or if the audience wants a flashback to see those events? And what benefit is there to setting up major events if you're just skipping it and starting with a whole new story 1.5 years in the future? And you're suggesting to just go back to the Human World!

I realize many people here are forgiving, or maybe don't have my cynicism, but seriously? People are seriously okay with this?
    I'm sure his reasons will be explained. I don't see it as that big of a deal. Have faith.

Maybe the reason it was skipped over is so they can do a flashback instead and people won't complain she l about the flashback being a rush job.

I remember back when the result of the Midora-Ichy fight was revealed. A lot of you guys jumped the gun and stated that the fight has been off panelled but that did not turn out to be the case. Have faith in Shima

Doing a flashforward of a year and a half (Komatsu 6 months with bishokukai and 1 year with Toriko) allows Mitsutoshi Shimabukuro being selective when it comes to tell about the past year and a half. He can rush the 6 months "training" of Komatsu with bishokukai and the hypothetical rescue of Toriko. Also, moving away the focus out of Human World this 1,5 year makes the Human World and also characters like Coco or Sunny grow. And of course they are coming back to Human World at this moment. Bishokuyas are supposed to help the Human World gathering food from Gourmet World. I suspect we will have about 10-20 chapters of Human World before focusing back to Gourmet World.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
    Maybe Shima just wants to get the series over with for some reason?

I don't know why he'd want to, seeing as how successful it is; but it would explain why he's been rushing so much lately (*coughcookingfestivalcough*).
    There's some speculation that the anime is rushing to an end. Maybe the only reason for the timeskip was giving them a clear ending point.
    Last edited by goty; January 31st, 2014 at 02:37 AM.

really fun and beautifully drawn chapter. and quite a nice tease for the new plot at the end of the chapter.. looking forward for this second part od the story..

Judging by how it is presented here, I expect Komatsus rescue and the 1st biotope arc to be shown in flashback panels or scenes, as opposed to flashback "arcs".
    Like, someone is surprised at seeing Komatsu, and Komatsu gives a brief resume of the rescue with a flashback panel of Toriko in front of Bishokukai HQ. Or one of the 4 kings witnesses Toriko doing a move, and thinks back to "thats a perfected version of the move he used against the Barlgonistic Snagglesaurus in the 1st biotope!", with a small flashback of said event.

Quote Originally Posted by BoomerKoala View Post
    Its not the worst time skip ever just bcos we dont know the heck is going on in one chapter cmon. Remember the mantra 'explained in future chapters'. Rememmberr welll. It usually is the case, no?
    Ooohh, did I start a Thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo View Post
    This. Pretty much. There's no real reason to have this timeskip. Why gloss over such important events like Toriko's first journey into the Gourmet World or saving Komatsu? Or if, like some people are suggesting, it will be revealed later in a flashback, why wouldn't you just show it in real time? What value is there in skipping forward if you're planning on showing the events anyways? Or if the audience wants a flashback to see those events? And what benefit is there to setting up major events if you're just skipping it and starting with a whole new story 1.5 years in the future? And you're suggesting to just go back to the Human World!

I realize many people here are forgiving, or maybe don't have my cynicism, but seriously? People are seriously okay with this?
    I kinda am not either but I don't want to show too much negativity in this thread if the response is overwhelmingly positive.

But I do kinda thing it was a misstep to set up the previous chapters the way they were set up, and then just have things at this stage the next chapter. I do know he's trying to go for a big change to keep everyone guessing, and he might succeed with that.

Just the first impression is a bit eh.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by Coby View Post
    I'm sure his reasons will be explained. I don't see it as that big of a deal. Have faith.
    The age old mantra of "Shima will come back and adress that at some point, don't worry".

How often has that actually happened ?

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by The Daz View Post
    Judging by how it is presented here, I expect Komatsus rescue and the 1st biotope arc to be shown in flashback panels or scenes, as opposed to flashback "arcs".
    The month long break made me completely forget Shima was setting up another arc for Toriko in the meantime.

Okay, skipping that seems really dumb to me.

Chocolate Rain, eh? Too bad we aren't in 2007 anymore.

Damnit Shima, I liked the new looks.

One month ago I criticised heavily those who were saying a timeskip was coming. There was no reason, tasks at hand. At most I'd be ok with one month but that couldn't be called a timeskip for Toriko. It is WEIRD.

But I always give props to Shima. His story-telling might be fast and undetailed at times it is pre-structured. He has a plan in his mind and he is establishing it. Not skipping randomly or because he just felt like it. Since it is a decision he made and knowing he does work on his series I can only respect his decision. I trust him in this aspect.

I'm not under the impression they already went to the 1st Biotope. If that were indeed the case and they gathered the last ingredient in Ichiryuu's Full Course then there would be no point in spending 1 year collecting all that food, since it has been stated the completion of Ichiryuu's Full Course brings forth a new ingredient that can be eaten infinitely.

Oh, and I liked the fact Toriko was living like a caveman. Was he sleeping above a sea of grass?

And Komatsu being shocked at what Toriko can do or crying for the smallest thing shouldn't surprise anyone at this point. It's in his character, taking it away would be like ditching Usopp's scaredy cat antics.
    Last edited by Nekketsu; January 31st, 2014 at 04:26 AM.
    3DS FC: 0087 - 2971 - 9910

Had no problem with the timekidnap skip. Gave the chapter a new beginning feel. Gonna assume we'll see what happened later. Still loving Gourmet World and wanna see more but a trip back to Human World isn't bad as long as it's interesting and sets up the real Gourmet World exploration.

My fear is that Toriko goes back and forth between the worlds each arc. At this point when he leaves Human World again I don't want him coming back for a long time.

NNID: jervinnectar

Quote Originally Posted by The Daz View Post
    Barlgonistic Snagglesaurus
    hahaha xD laughed to much at this xD

I fear one thing judging by this chapter. That Gourmet World will turn out like a Grand Line - scary from the outside, chaotic in the beginning, but moderated in hardness with dangers left behind the frames in reality. I want a Gourmet World that makes Jirou, man who stopped the world with a punch without breaking a sweat, go sober whenever he takes a stroll into.

And I hope we will get told why Midora nuked human world.
    A proud fan of Kizaru, Whitebeard and Rayleigh!
    Quote Originally Posted by 1000sunny View Post
    And, oh, looks like Ichigo knows more than he is letting on and can't help but strike his signature pose: Loosely holding his sword, knees bent, with the dumbest look of shock on his face....Classic Bleach

I just realized something:
    Where is Terry?!

Lost in the retrieval of Komatsu. So sad. So heartbreaking.

Quote Originally Posted by Mortea View Post
    I fear one thing judging by this chapter. That Gourmet World will turn out like a Grand Line - scary from the outside, chaotic in the beginning, but moderated in hardness with dangers left behind the frames in reality.
    Which would make even less sense than in OP since it's not like civilization is in there.

I think Zebra killed Terry to make that fur coat.

I want to believe too big guy
    3ds code friend:0404-6254-1866
    new "new"3ds code friend:0791-4253-7110 (monster hunter)

Controversial chapter, but I'm glad Toriko is back. Seems I like the series more than I thought!

Not much to comment though, this basically felt like a "wake up" chapter to me. Looking forward to all the flashback dedicated chapters which are sure to come. And Toriko chopping Komatsu's nose back to normal.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information