+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Katzztar's Korner

Default Katzztar's Korner

After some prodding by some friends, - you know who you are! - I decided to open a thread where I would gather and post my ideas and theories concerning One Piece. Below is entry #1, some will be as long, others not, but each will be identifes as "entry# _" or "Entry #_ Revisted" so readers can see when I post -or revisit and edit- an idead/theory/joke.
    -------------------------------------------
    EDIT= I just realized I don't have a summary of how many 'entries' I've done. Since some posts are replies or random thoughts, I should make a summary of the entries.
    #1 = Marines know Usopp's Identity -below
    #2 = Lucky Bastard joke -further on pg 1
    #3 = What's the history between Yasopp and Vista?
    #4 = -Mushrooms vs DFs
    #5 = - Mortality of Parenthood in OP [/URL]
    #6 = http://www.apforums.net/showthread.p...r Story Length
    #7 = Devil Fruits and their Vulnerability to Seastone and Water
    #8 = What Happens to the Toys at Night?
    #9 = Types of Cover Stories

Note- Articles are different in nature from Entries. Entries are my thoughts and theories on the One Piece manga in general. Articles are either comments from others I find interesting or my comments on non-manga but related to OP.
    Articles
    #1 - Art Theft [/URL]
    #2 - A look into the character of Usopp - quoted from tumblr

----------------------------------------------

Entry #1 = Marines know Usopp's Identity

I originally started gathering this information before the revelation of the newspaper that announced the return of the Strawhats and had pictures. I have since added more information.

I wish to discuss the bounty Usopp has …or should have, as it is his alias of Sogeking that appears on the bounty poster. I first started this as a refernce sheet for a poster I already sumitted to DA, I've since edited and added more thought into it, resulting in this entry. Below I mention chapters and pages. The poster I've added will have the pertinent panels I'm refering to. While you could go to a scan site and have a bigger view, the pages differ from site to site, depending what they add, like colored fan images, at the begining.
    Hidden:
    look at fulll view, go here and hit 'download'.

I am sure the Marines know Usopp's name and face. The vice-admirals that were at the Buster Call, and later at the War at Marineford, have been shown to be competent and not bunglers. Both Onigumo and Momonga have had extra exposure, before the war during the Impel Down arc for the readers to see they were not idiots.
    The vice admirals at Enies Lobby are=
    1. Onigumo
    2. Doberman
    3. Strawberry
    4. Momonga
    5. Yamakaji

Ch. 426 pg10 shows that there were two battleships beside the remains of the Bridge of Hesitation where the Strawhats made a final stand at Enies Lobby before their escape. If one looks at that panel we can see a third ship behind a stand, as if the ships had a 'U' formation to surround the ruined bridge. There were 200 captains and commanders that jumped down to battle the Strawhats while all five Vice-Admirals were watching.

Ch. 427 pg. 2 shows just how many Marine ships have surrounded them. On pg.6-7 of same chapter, is the infamous scene of where Luffy is too tired to move, Lucci is still a threat and Usopp decides to threaten Lucci, saying he will be his next opponent. It’s Usopp’s “It’s not Hell here” speech that inspires Luffy to find the strength to get up and finish Lucci off.

Ch. 427 pg. 5 clearly shows Usopp is standing on a beam jutting out from the ruined bridge and the ship next to it. There is nothing to obstruct the Marines from seeing Usopp who has the mask off. Pg. 6 has Luffy yelling out Usopp’s name. The distance between Usopp and where Luffy and Lucci is, is the same (or maybe a little more) distance between Usopp and the Marines. So if a downed Luffy can see and hear Usopp, surely the Marines can too. Usopp yells out he was there to save Robin, not to see Luffy’s face but then he turned around and challenged Lucci. This would tell the Marines tow things;
    1- Usopp is a friend of the infamous Devil Child, Nico Robin.
    2- There is a strong bond between Usopp & Luffy, esp. when Luffy was desperate to get up and prevent Lucci from facing Usopp.

The interesting thing is on pg.7 after Usopp’s speech and Luffy finds the strength to get up= Look at the bottom of the page, right hand panel shows some silent marines watching the event, including Vice-Admiral Momonga.

In that event Usopp had inspired Luffy to continue on; before Usopp’s speech, Luffy couldn’t find the strength to move. The Marines have several factors to how they decide if a pirate is dangerous, not just strength. One of those is the ability to inspire others. And there they see Usopp was able to inspire Luffy to gather his remaining strength to finish a fight against someone the Marines know is strong.

In Ch. 428 pg.2, Usopp is the one that yelled loudly “LUFFY …WON!” as he was surrounded by Marines. Again he had no mask on at the time. Then on Ch.428 pg. 16 Usopp is the one “to give the order to retreat” to the Strawhats …at least that is how it looks from the Marine’s view. Usopp is the one that shouted for everyone to “jump into the ocean” for them to escape.

The marines had plenty of times to see Usopp’s face. If no one got a picture, then they could have created a composite drawing like they did with Sanji. A popular excuse some fans use is that Photography Captain Attach was “too busy getting other Strawhats to get Usopp’s pic.” I will list several reasons why that is a very stupid excuse.
    1-Attach is not the only marine capable of taking pictures of criminals. His title is Photography Captain. The ‘captain’ portion implies there are more marines that are below him as a captain is in charge.
    2- One man cannot be all over the world taking photos. Since the Grand Line has the greatest amount of pirates, stands to reason that they would have several members of the photography division to handle the work load.
    3- It was not Attach that was taking pictures of the combined force of Galley-Law/Franky Family on Enies Lobby. So we see there that Attach is not the only person capable of taking photos.

I do not see the Marines NOT taking an interest in Usopp after he announced that he was there to rescue Robin, inspired Luffy to get up, and gave the order to the Strawhats to escape. Which begs the question, why do they use “Sogeking: King of Snipers” instead of “Usopp: Sogeking” on his bounty poster?

After the time-skip we see there is a newspaper that reveals the return of the Strawhats. For the entirety of the “From the Decks of the World” the newspaper was shown but we couldn’t get a clear view of it. We could barely see the images but could tell it showed Usopp’s face ...though that same newspaper used Sogeking as his name. It’s really hard to read, but it was longer than the 5 letters of Usopp's name.

Ch. 662 pg. 14 shows the newspaper within the actual story and we can see the pictures and tell the names. Usopp and Nami’s pictures look as they were taken in the bar they reunited at. They did indeed use “Sogeking” instead of “Usopp”, while they had a picture of Usopp’s unmasked face; half of it was hidden in shadow due to his hat.
    If the Marines use it on his bounty poster, I'm assuming it will look like this=
    larger view
    Hidden:

I still want to know why the World Nobles didn't have Usopp's bounty be raised, esp. since Saint Shalulia said she wouldn't forgive the Strawhats for the injuries they gave to her brother and father. Luffy punched Saint Charloss but Usopp was the one to injure her father, Saint Roswald. While it was an accident, the World Nobles don't care if it was. A World Noble was humiliated and injured, that is what counts to them.

I am guessing that his bounty still reads 30 million beli because, unlike Luffy, rest of Strawhats were out of sight since the Saboady Incident. Many thought the Strawhats were dead. Maybe now there is proof they still live, the marines will look at what has happened and consider raising the bounties.

Pirates are recognized by their bounty posters; therefore people (from marines to other pirates to civilians) will think of Usopp as “Sogeking” and not think of him by his name of Usopp. I think even Portgas D Ace was called by name by marines, not by just his epithet of “Firefist”. It was either “Portgas D. Ace” or “Firefist Ace”. While many call Luffy by “Strawhat” they still know his name and sometimes use it instead as in “Strawhat Luffy”. But without his name appearing on his poster, strangers (so the average marine, civilian and pirates) will not know that Sogeking is Usopp.

The irony is that this means Usopp is in a similar situation to how Edward Newgate is never called by name, only his epithet of Whitebeard. When new pirates or marines he rarely interacted with, they will identify him with his bounty poster and call him “Sogeking”.
    Last edited by Katzztar; June 26th, 2014 at 10:12 AM.

Default Re: Katzztar's Korner

I think none of the marines heard usopp name so they just went with sogueking and prety much only luffy and chopper don't know he is the sogueking
    And Saint Roswald only saw a but landed on him,and the tenryuubito see themselves so big that they don't even bother with other peoples names.
    And great thread best of luck with it.

I want to believe too big guy
    3ds code friend:0404-6254-1866
    new "new"3ds code friend:0791-4253-7110 (monster hunter)

Finally glad to see that you made the move to create this thread.

A very revealing theory! A theory that may also reveal a plot hole on Oda's part?

After reading your case, it won't make sense for the marines to not be able to identify Usopp's face. I mean... the guy was practically the center of attention for a good minute or so. Also, Momonga doesn't seem to be the kind of guy to carelessly forget the face of a criminal (no matter the heat of the moment), and you'd think it'd be hard to forgetthe face of guy with a nose like that!

As far as the whole name issue is concerned, it makes me wonder how Marines get a hold of the names to begin with? I can understand individuals such as Robin, Zoro, and Franky who already gained notoriety or warranted surveillance prior to their joining, but how did the marines manage to apprehend the names of Sanji, Nami, or even Chopper?

Either way, I wouldn't mind Usopp being addressed as Sniper King. It sounds more epic!

Great first entry! Look forward to entry 2!

LA LA LAAAAAA. LA LA LA LA!(-Dearly Beloved)

Quote Originally Posted by Smiley View Post
    I think none of the marines heard usopp name so they just went with sogueking
    This is why had made the poster, The marine ships were as close (or closer) to Usopp as Luffy was. IF Usopp & Luffy could see and hear each other, there is no reason that seasoned Marines like the Vice-Adlrimals could not and Luffy did scream out "USOPP!"
    And Saint Roswald only saw a but landed on him,and the tenryuubito see themselves so big that they don't even bother with other peoples names.
    No Saint Roswald didnt' see anything of Usopp, he was facing Luffy at the time. But his daughter and the guards did see it. Saint Shaulia was very angry over the injuries of both her brother and father. she was screaming at the marines for not yet catching them and she did swear to make them pay. Emphasis on them because it wasn't just Luffy she was angry at.

I agree that the Tenryubito are full of themselves, thats why I think they would still want to make the guys pay for injuring them.
    Think of the tenryubito from the FI flashback. They were so full of themselves they still see the freed slaves as theeir property and the marines were suppose to recapture them and turn them over to the Tenryubito, one went so far as trying to travel to FI island to reclaim his 'property'.
    And great thread best of luck with it.
    Thanks, for the luck and being first to comment :)
    I'm glad some are willing to talk about this and wish to discuss various things

Quote Originally Posted by 1PceXperience View Post
    Finally glad to see that you made the move to create this thread.

A very revealing theory! A theory that may also reveal a plot hole on Oda's part?

After reading your case, it won't make sense for the marines to not be able to identify Usopp's face. I mean... the guy was practically the center of attention for a good minute or so. Also, Momonga doesn't seem to be the kind of guy to carelessly forget the face of a criminal (no matter the heat of the moment), and you'd think it'd be hard to forgetthe face of guy with a nose like that!
    Exactly that is what got my attention. IT is out of character for the likes of Momonga and Onigumo NOT to reveal information about a pirate and we saw Momonga paying attention to the fight.

As far as the whole name issue is concerned, it makes me wonder how Marines get a hold of the names to begin with? I can understand individuals such as Robin, Zoro, and Franky who already gained notoriety or warranted surveillance prior to their joining, but how did the marines manage to apprehend the names of Sanji, Nami, or even Chopper?
    Those three are easy. Take a look at Chooper's and Nami's wanted posters, its from the party on Water 7 after the battle. Nami even comments that the photographer told her the photo was for a fashion mag, while Chopper was rushing towards some offer of Cotton candy. So the marine investigators/photographers actually infiltrated that party to get some shots and learned their names.

[/QUOTE]Either way, I wouldn't mind Usopp being addressed as Sniper King. It sounds more epic!

Great first entry! Look forward to entry 2![/QUOTE]

IT does, it goes with what I said at the bottom of how odd it is that Usopp would be in same boat as Whitebeard where most do not address him by given name but by epithet. The suspcious side of me can't help but wonder if it does tie into what you also guessed "is it a plothole?" Does Oda have some epic plans for Usopp? I think so ..but what?

Excellent first theory!

Hopefully we'll get some sort of Marine update about the Straw Hats after Punk Hazard.....like them or not, I doubt the G-5 will completely withheld the information that they encountered them, nor will Smoker (ever the Marine to remember pirates) not say anything, either....

Title itself is what makes me wonder. I mean Sniper King is a very formidable title. Basically it means best sniper in the world. And Usopp is not there yet.
    So I think the reason that he is not called "Usopp the Sogeking" is because he should grow as a sniper and a person in next arcs, before he accomplishes his deam and will actually live up to title.

P.S Like your theories and research, keep up the good work.

I'm late to the party, damn! Nice thread/theory! I believe we discussed this briefly either here or at DA.

They really have no reason not to know his real name and by knowing it they should also have figured out who's son he is...Unless the marine in charge at Enies Lobby didn't list the names in the report. It may have just been Attach who gave the names to whoever the commanding officer was..They may have even put him in charge of finding out just to be clear on the names.

Awaiting "Entry #2"!!

Discovered Stowaway

my take on this is ussop's lie will come true: there will come a point in the story where a group of faithfuls will follow him, thousands to be exact...his name is slowly building popularity because of his epithet sogeking.

and maybe surprise yassop...i know its kinda dumb but he left ussop when he was young, who knows if yassop forgot ussop's face.

or better yet, the sniper island actually exist and he will gain thousands of followers when they land there because of his alias. LOL. it would be super hilarious and ussop would get a powerup there to beat van auger.

i could see his 8,000 followers singing the sogeking theme while ussop is dressed as sogeking and staring in the horizon (of course luffy and chopper singing along haha)

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

i think ussop and sanji's bounty poster got reason behind it. and chopper's is the total running gag. i bet his next bounty is 500 beli. LOL

I meant to have a new one out sooner but well LIFE happens :[

I've told a few people thats contacted me that I've been distracted in the last week (or 2) by finally starting to read Kuroshitsuji and looking for fanart of it. But that is just the last two weeks...

As for the rest of the time, well, I wasn't telling anyone but I've been in a lot of pain. I've mentioned to some that I'm dissabled, got degenrative joint disease in the knees. Well its so bad that I got spots of no cartilage in the knees and my lower leg bones have deformed by bowing out. With the cold it makes me worse. But the spasms have stopped enough that I can sit at the comp for a while.

This entry will be stort but will expand some of a funny subject = Nami's boob hugs
    Remember before Momonsuke, there was Usopp!

Entry #2

haha I had orginally said this a joke but knowing Oda's humor, there's a chance it could happen. They just arrived at Dressrosa so I'll be keeping an eye out to see if Usopp will get another one or not. Seems it won't happen for a bit though since Usopp will be travelling with Law & Robin to Green Bit, while Nami will be staying on the ship ... with Momo XD

If Usopp does not get one at either Dressrosa or Green Bit, then it would bere-namedas "the Lucky Bastard phase - period of time where Nami will press her boobs to Usopp on each location they visited during that phase. It has happened before, it will happen again"

Of course there is a new element to it = Momonsuke
    The difference between the two is that the pervs KNOW that Momo is getting the boob hugs, but Sanji and Brook don't know about Usopp :)
    I've been thinking fo totally revamping the theory of where at every new location the Strawhats visit, Nami will press her boobs on the guy people didn't expect. ....hadn't writtin it out like abouve because its just not as catchy to read lol

Entry #3

What's the history between Yasopp and Vista?

I was visiting OP wiki for a first in a long time, and came across something I didn't realize. Back at the end of the war, Yasopp and Vista glared at each other, according to the wiki, "At the end of the Battle of Marineford, Yasopp and Vista looked at each other. The Blue Deep databook mentions that something happened in the past between the two of them."

Does anyone know if that is correct? Does Blue Deep really say that???
    If its true, then what could ahve caused the animosity between the Redhairs' gunner and the Whitebeards' swordsman? It has to be more than just rivalry between the two pirate crews, something more personal.

We know nothing of Vista's personal histroy. We do know some of Yasopp's= Ysopp first met Shanks 3 years before the bith of Usopp. But we don't know if he joined then and then took time off for the family ro joined later. At some pont Yasopp married to Banchina, had a son by her and left both when Usopp was very young. The Redhairs were at Dawn Island for nearly a year, left when Luffy was 7 1/2, so Yasopp first met Luffy when Luffy (and Usopp) was 6 and a half. But we don't know how long before that Yasopp left his family.

I had another theory where I state Banchina is not a native to Gecko Island, that I think Yasopp did join Shanks the first time they met and during those adventures (likely 1-2 years after meeting Shanks) met and married Banchina. Either whew she became pregnant or shortly after Usopp's birth, he took her to his home island to hide her and the child. Why do I think Banchina is not from Gecko Island? Simple on her deathbead, she told the young Usopp that "if something should happen to me, I wants you to stay with the villagers." IF she was a native she would have said "stay here", but no she identified her and son as separate from the village.

So that is what we know (and specualte) of Yasopp and his family. Is there a way to fit the animostiy between Yasopp and Vista into this?

I think so. Usopp somehow has knowlegde of the pirate life, info that is not well known public info. When the Foxy Pirates issued the challenge for the Davey Back games, only three knew what it meant=
    Sanji -raised by former pirate Zeff
    Robin - been on other pirate crews during her run from the govt
    Usopp -orphan in a isolated village, While Usopp's dad is a pirate, there is no known contact between them.
    Usopp also knew the other yonkou and thier flags (at least he recognized Whitebeard's when he saw Ace's tattoo). While everyone was surprised to hear Ray-san was really Rayleigh, Pirate King's right hand, Usopp cried he knew that name so well.

IF he had no contact with his dad how did an orphan in an isolated village like Usopp get info on pirates that others didn't have? Also where did an orphan get all the money for those belongigns he had in East Blue? His backback was as big as him and couldn't fit through the door! Sure, Usopp's a great artist and could use that (legally and illegally) but I don't think it would pay for all that and his suppies for ammo and chemistry.

My specuation (totatlly grabbign straws ) is that....
    ........ Banchina is the little sister of Vista.

Yasopp met Banchina in the New World. Usopp was born in there so his uncle Vista knows about him. Eventually Yasopp took his wife and child to East Blue to hide them from his enemies (other pirate crews and marines) then returned to the pirate life. That is what pissed Vista off... Yasopp not hiding with them. Vista is the one to send info on pirates and money to Usopp.

UPDATE= I thank 1PceXperience for the links that show that both Vista and Banchina are Italian in origin. Not only that but both names deal with scenery in some manner:
    VISTA = usually refers to view, the scene around that one sees
    BANCHINA= Italian for pier, wharf, dock, parts of a scene of seaside (apt for the wife/mother/possibe sister of pirates)
    Last edited by Katzztar; March 13th, 2013 at 03:12 PM.

Once again Katzztar, you reveal something that I was never aware of. Hell, were the animators even aware of it?

You may be on the right track with the Bachina and the Vista family relationship, because both of these names (Bachina and Vista) are Italian in origin!

Quote Originally Posted by Webster Dictionary
    Origin of VISTA
    Italian, sight, from visto, past participle of vedere to see, from Latin vidēre — more at witFirst Known Use: 1644
    For Bachina:

http://en.bab.la/dictionary/italian-english/banchina

Once again, trabajo bueno~ Detective Katzztar!

LA LA LAAAAAA. LA LA LA LA!(-Dearly Beloved)

Quote Originally Posted by 1PceXperience View Post
    Once again Katzztar, you reveal something that I was never aware of. Hell, were the animators even aware of it?

You may be on the right track with the Bachina and the Vista family relationship, because both of these names (Bachina and Vista) are Italian in origin!

For Bachina:

http://en.bab.la/dictionary/italian-english/banchina

Once again, trabajo bueno~ Detective Katzztar!

http://www.ibabuzz.com/hayword/files.../detective.gif
    " Detective Katzztar " I like the sound of that and that pic is cute too!

hehe and I forgot that Vista was Italian in origin, I remember that Banchina was, but forgot Vista.
    Thank you for the links... I'm going to add them to the theory. Not only are both names are Italian, they deal with scenery.

I am born as a Paulistano Romani94's Avatar

I'm surprised about that you think Banchina is Vista's sister, never thought of that.

I always believe that Vista got jealous cuz he was in love with Banchina and Yasopp took her from him.

Quote Originally Posted by Romani94 View Post
    I'm surprised about that you think Banchina is Vista's sister, never thought of that.

I always believe that Vista got jealous cuz he was in love with Banchina and Yasopp took her from him.
    Actually that is the first idea I had.
    Butt hen I worked in things about Usopp, him getting info and likely getting finacial support. He knew enough of the Whitebeard pirates to recognize Ace's tattoo but he didn't know his dad was with Shanks made me think the support was not Yasopp.

I guess a second theory to the Yasopp vs Vista history is that Vista could have loved Banchina, though she went with Yasopp. He still cared enough for Banchina that he helped Usopp despite him being son of Yasopp. This wasn't my top theory due to how Oda downplays romance ...but I should have remembered that this is the first family he really made any mention of even of how vauge.

Banchina x Yasopp was certainly the first official 'important' couple of OP. Oda showed married couples in the village but they were only in passing and their relationship not mentioned, unlike how Banchina mentions how she still loved Yasopp in ... ch 41?
    So yeah Banchina x Yasopp was the first official couple so maybe Oda would go that route of Vista was a rival for her.

I am a big fan of Vista so i would love if he was in family with Ussop!!!
    Good catch with all the details.

Hooray, new entries!

@entry 3: Hmmm.....I was not aware of this stare-down between the two. Honestly, with as little we know about Yasopp, and the almost non-existant info on Vista....your theory is out there.

But not impossible! Perhaps Vista bares a grudge for Yasopp abadoning his sister and leaving her to die with just her son? Or your take on the not hiding? Or maybe they're not in-laws but former love rivals....as previously brought up.

Oda really needs to give us a flashback on Shanks' crew, maybe that'll shed some light on this mystery!

Wow, that's some pretty nice and hardworked stuff.
    I didn't even had a slightest idea of that stare. I like these theories.
    And the part about Nami was great too.
    Last edited by Gear X; March 14th, 2013 at 11:04 AM. Reason: Nami rubs boobs every arc....

Yeah the stare down is somethign I missed too. I discovered the picture on op Wiki then went to find the chapter to see it and sure enough its a real event that was missed by many -even die-hard Usopp fans like me who try to pay attention to event that involve his daddy.

I still haven't heard from someone who can read the Blue Deep (its not yet been translated right?) if the info is correct in that 'something happened between them in the past' but that glare between Yasopp and Vista is canon!

IT could be somethign as small as they had an arguement of which was better guns or swords ...but I doubt it. Oda had that in there for a purpose, the glare is significant is some way.

I first started this as a place for my ideas on One Piece, but seriosuly, I got ideas on other things too ;)
    I will clearly say if it has nothign to do with One Piece so those not interested will know right away.

So this article will be on Harry Potter.

I am currently following/reading a wonderful story by robst called "Harry Crow". In ch. 43 robst asks a good question=
    Robst= A/N= "I've hit a bit of a conundrum - how do you physically altersomething that isn't physically there? Specifically, how did the basiliskaffect Sir Nicolas and how the hell do you administer the mandrake potion to aghost? Any good ideas might find their way into the story - credited of course."

My answer=

My theory on the Basilisk and how it can affect ghosts as well as ghosts:

I think thatthe eyes of the basilisk have magic that affects the soul. They say that the'eyes are windows to the soul' so when the victim makes eye contact with thebasilisk its magic attacks the soul, breaking its bond to the body, killing thevictim. This is how the basilisk can also affect ghosts, as some theories/culturessay they are souls of the dead. Being souls, they are vulnerable but they have nobody to break free of, so as they said in the books ďNick is already dead, sohe couldnít die againĒ.

The eyecontact for the magic to affect the bonds of the soul would also explain thepetrifying affect, the reflections (or as in the book Colinís camera acting asa filter) dilutes the magic so they get half the power of the gaze.

As for themandrakes, letís look at we know about them. The scream of the Ďadultí mandrakecan kill, immature ones only cause a person to faint, and it is used in therestorative drought. I am assuming that its scream is similar to the Basiliskgaze in that it affects the binding of body and soul, destroying it and causingthe death of the victim. However, since mandrakes are easier to get ahold ofthan a basilisk, that have been potions developed using the mandrakes toreverse damage done by it. IF I am rightthat both mandrakes and basilisks affect the soul binding, then the restorationdraught that uses mandrakes would help heal damage done to the soul binding,regardless if itís a weakened form of mandrakes or weakened gaze of thebasilisk.

Affecting the soul is how the restorative drought can revive a ghost like it did to SirNick. It needed only to be poured through his form and the aura of the draught affected him.

EDIT=
    I already said how I think the gaze of the basilisk can kill by destroying the binding between the body and soul. But as one reviewer to the story said, the dementors can take the soul out and the body live on (for a limited time I'm thinking similar to being brain dead)

So I think the person dies due to the shock of the binding between the soul and body being broken. I think the basilisk gaze and mandrake's scream are more violent than the slow sucking out of the soul that dementors do. After all both times its shown (end of 3rd book and summer in 5th) Harry had time to react and stop them so the Dementor's Kiss has to be slower that the Basilisk Gaze.

Last edited by Katzztar; March 19th, 2013 at 11:43 AM.

Hey, Katzzar. I liked your Yassop-Vista theory.

But I'd like to comment on something... the "villagers" part. This is what Stephan says in his translation:
    <<Mother: Poor little fool...!
    You dream too much...
    Now listen up. If anything should happen to me, the villagers will...
    So you can't really same it when it comes to this translation.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information