+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Katzztar's Korner

Default Re: Katzztar's Korner

YEah I'm working on them ...just slowly Thanks for the push to get my rump moving

Sorry for the lack of updates on my theories.
    I have been having trouble with Microsoft Office and not been able to open my documents.
    Its ays the office 10 isn't installed on my comp so.... gah

Hey Katzztar, while I was reading the last chapter I came across this panels where I saw three mushrooms and since I remembered that you covered that area , I had to know what you think about?

1st and 3rd

Hidden:

Do you think that Oda will show us some little peoples who gained their abilities via mushrooms since they can grow everything and anything it would make sense for them to have one or two user, wouldn't?

I'm really looking forward to learn more about them since mushrooms are like sons of Devil Fruit (incomplete Devil Fruit) at least to me that is

PS: Keep up the good work is always good to have somebody like you around this madness
    Last edited by Shadowgreed; October 4th, 2013 at 12:41 PM.

Entry #5 - Mortality of Parenthood in OP

This is in response to a quote from the 724 chapter thread, but since its not actually a comment on the chapter I replied here=
    Quote Originally Posted by krule274 View Post
    It's a known fact at this point that if you're a parent in One Piece, you won't make it very far.
    The only way a parent of a young character (under 30) to live is to
    A- stay away from their child
    B- their child is a support character only
    C- their 'child' is already grown and is over 30
    D- .... I know there is another but cant think of it so adds this before someone shoves "Oh really? You OBVIOUSLY don't know OP!" crap down my throat

Living parent (D-dad, M-mom)) -child (that I currently remember)
    Type A-
    Dragon (D) - son Luffy
    Yasopp (D) - son Usopp

Type B-
    King Kobra (D) - daughter Vivi
    Papaya (D) - daughter Conis
    King Neptune (D) - Daugther Shirohoshi, sons the Boshi Princes

Type C- Garp (D) - son Dragon

If you remember some I didn't add -- tell me!
    Last edited by Katzztar; June 26th, 2014 at 09:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Katzztar View Post
    This is in response to a quote from the 724 chapter thread, but since its not actually a comment on the chapter I replied here=

The only way a parent of a young character (under 30) to live is to
    A- stay away from their child
    B- their child is a support character only
    C- their 'child' is already grown and is over 30
    D- .... I know there is another but cant think of it so adds this before someone shoves "Oh really? You OBVIOUSLY don't know OP!" crap down my throat

Living parent (D-dad, M-mom)) -child (that I currently remember)
    Type A-
    Dragon (D) - son Luffy
    Yasopp (D) - son Usopp

Type B-
    King Kobra (D) - daughter Vivi
    Papaya (D) - daughter Conis
    King Neptune (D) - Daugther Shirohoshi, sons the Boshi Princes

Type C- Garp (D) - son Dragon

If you remember some I didn't add -- tell me!
    I didn't mean that no parents live whatsoever, I just meant that anyone close to a main character in OP(in back stories, I mean) always gets the short end of the stick.

Luffy- Sabo, Shank's arm(lol, it's a person now)

Zoro- Kunia

Nami- Bellemere

Usopp- Mama

Sanji- Crew(if they count) and Zeff's leg(also a living organism)

Chopper- Hiriluk

Robin- EVERYONE.

Franky- Tom

Brook- His captain, then his entire crew

Jinbe- Fisher

Etc. etc.

I probably shouldn't have said parent, but more of mentor or loved one in general. Good points on your part, by the way.
    Praise our king, First fist of the Sea, DonMarimo DoBuggino exploring Bonesbeard.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    If someone seriously claimed that Whitebeard was running a vibrator business as his second job you'd ignore him as a troll.
    3DS FC: 2406-5148-3376

I didn't mean that no parents live whatsoever, I just meant that anyone close to a main character in OP(in back stories, I mean) always gets the short end of the stick.

Luffy- Sabo, Shank's arm(lol, it's a person now)

Zoro- Kunia

Nami- Bellemere

Usopp- Mama

Sanji- Crew(if they count) and Zeff's leg(also a living organism)

Chopper- Hiriluk

Robin- EVERYONE.

Franky- Tom

Brook- His captain, then his entire crew

Jinbe- Fisher

Etc. etc.

I probably shouldn't have said parent, but more of mentor or loved one in general. Good points on your part, by the way.
    hehe I should have said I knew what you mean, but it just got me thinking on the actual parents and indeed there is a pattern Those are the fathers, seems none of the characters are able to keep their moms if the they are support or main charas. Only very minor ones get to keep their moms (thinking of the Usopp Pirate boys - but then we never SEE their moms faces... its like a Peanuts cartoon!)

Quote Originally Posted by Katzztar View Post
    hehe I should have said I knew what you mean, but it just got me thinking on the actual parents and indeed there is a pattern Those are the fathers, seems none of the characters are able to keep their moms if the they are support or main charas. Only very minor ones get to keep their moms (thinking of the Usopp Pirate boys - but then we never SEE their moms faces... its like a Peanuts cartoon!)
    It is like a peanuts cartoon! Then again, we hear Carrot's mom say something when she throws a pan(I think) at him.
    Praise our king, First fist of the Sea, DonMarimo DoBuggino exploring Bonesbeard.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    If someone seriously claimed that Whitebeard was running a vibrator business as his second job you'd ignore him as a troll.
    3DS FC: 2406-5148-3376

It is like a peanuts cartoon! Then again, we hear Carrot's mom say something when she throws a pan(I think) at him.
    LOL I think it was a saucepan she threw. Yeah we hear their moms, even the others mothers said something. Onion's mom accusing him of breaking his glasses. And Pepper's asked him if he seen the frying pan (the very same one he used to assault Jango). So not quite the same as Peanuts...just that we see their legs but not the faces

I just got to see your thread. Very interesting thoughts in there.1- I agree with the Usopp issue. I remember he was recognize even back in the train with a marine telling Lucci that the strawhat with a long nose was wearing a stupid mask. From there it should be easy to tell that it is Usopp since Tashigi should have give a description of the strawhats.2- Didn't realize how much of a lucky bastard Usopp had became.3- I never noted the glare before. For the theory, I really don't know. I doubt Oda is gonna make someone call on the way Yasopp abandoned his family. But the part about Usopp is quite interesting. But I think the knowledge is from his father prior to him leaving his family.

Entry # 6 Cover Story Length

Okay I've kept hearing people complaining about Coribou's cover story. I've heard people saying 'it's dragging' or 'it's going on too long', some have claimed its the longest yet. Curious, I went to see the comparison of the cover arcs.
    Its not the longest cover arc yet. That is From the Decks of the World. But Coribou's is currently in 3rd place for the longest one yet.

in chronological order
    1. Buggy's Crew: After the Battle====== ch.35 - 75 _ 28 installments + 2 bonus installments (30 total).
    2. Diary of Coby-Meppo =========== ch. 83 -119 _ 30 installments
    3. Jango's Dance Paradise ========== ch. 127- 172 _ 37 installments
    4. Hatchan's Sea Floor Stroll ======== ch. 182 -228 _ 40 installments
    5. Wapol's Omivorous Hurrah ======== ch. 236-262 _ 23 installments.
    6. Ace's Great Blackbeard Search ====== ch. 272-305 _ 29 installments
    7. Gedastu's Accidental Blue-Sea Life==== ch. 314- 348 _ 32 installments
    8. Miss Goldenweek's "Operation Meet Baroque Works"= ch 359 -413 _ 42 installments + 1 extra (43 total)
    9. Where are they Now? =========== ch. 424-427, 486 -490 _ 7 installments.
    10. Enel's Great Space Operation ====== ch 428 -474 _ 38 installments
    11. CP9's Independent Report======== ch 491 -528 _ 33 installments
    12. Straw Hat's Separation Serial====== ch. 543- 560 _ 16 installments,.
    13. From the Decks of the World====== ch. 613-668 _ 48 installments
    14. Caibou's Kehihihihi in the New World = ch. 674 -??? _ currently at 42 installments

So if we rank them by shortest to longest =
    #. installments -title/person
    7 - Where are they now?
    16 - Strawhat Separation
    23 - Wapol
    29 - Ace
    30 - Buggy
    30 - Coby-Meppo
    32 - Gedastu
    33 - CP9
    37 - Jango
    38 - Enel
    40 - Hatchan
    42- (currently) Caribou
    43 - Baroque Works
    48 - From the Decks of the World

EDIT - I need to give a thank you to The Humanoid Typhoon, for giving a link in the Spoiler ch 728 thread giving a link proving that ch. 727 wasn't vol.41 for Caribou's cover, it was actually vol 42. I've now fixed that in the above lists.
    If Caribou's cover story doesn't end in ch. 728 then I will have to edit it again to put it at 2nd longest
    Last edited by Katzztar; June 26th, 2014 at 09:28 AM. Reason: correcting count

Entry # 7 Devil Fruits and their Vulnerability to Seastone and Water

This was originally posted in a different thread so I have copied & pasted it here in my lil' Korner.

Re: Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread Mark II

Originally Posted by Medical Orbit
    DF users don't lose their abilities when in water, they just lose consciousness. Luffy still stretched when he was underwater at Arlong Park.

So my question is this: would this apply to Logia intangibility too. For example, if Kizaru fell in the water, would he be vulnerable to anything, or would you still need Haki to hurt him? NOTE: this is assuming water isn't a natural weakness of the logia element in question like with Crocodile.

Originally Posted by •Ace•
    The sea is te same as Seastone. It doesn't remove the ability, but suppress it so the users can't use it. Luffy is different because he can't turn it on or off.

Thanks Ace, you beat me to it :)

Yeah Luffy is a different case, but is still affected by seastone & water.
    WE all know that DFs are categorized as "Parmaciea, Zoan, Logia". And that there are sub-categories for the Zoans but some forget that Parmaciea have following traits=
    -Most are those that have to be activated by will (active powers) and those that are always active (permanent change).
    -While many affect others, some affect the user's body only. Those that affect the user's body could be either active (Daz Bones & Ms Doublefinger) or permanent (Luffy's rubber body, -I would mention Brook's animated skeleton but that's a different case as if he was able to find his body sooner it wouldn't be a skeleton)

IF the DF powers have to be activated, then emersion in water or wearing handcuffs prevent the usage of powers. If the DF user's ability causes a permanent change to their body -this is Luffy's case & Sugar's lack of aging- then those are not 'turned off' but isn't in active control (when Arlong threw Luffy into pool of water, Luffy himself couldn't stretch his neck, bot others could) . But there is a price for df powers/side affect that don't turn off, they are more vulnerable to the water/seastone. Compare how Robin was wearing seastone cuffs but never sunk to her knees due to the continuous wearing of seastone cuffs where Luffy got weak the moment he grabbed bars made of seastone.

Sugar' seems to have two qualities= her changing others into toys is an active power while her lack of aging is a permanent change. So if she gets thrown into a body of water, she won't be able to change another into a toy but the side affect of non-aging is likely to make her react to water/seastone much like Luffy does
    Last edited by Katzztar; June 26th, 2014 at 09:41 AM.

Article #1 - Art Theft

Well just got finished ranting in my journal at DevianART about people stealing certain Usopp images. rant here

"Why are you surprised? Art theft is rampant there."

I'm not surprised, esp. the image that was used. There are two very specific images that instead of "full out theft" (copy& paste w/o changing anything) they have been stolen by either being used as inspiration to draw their own version of the image or in banners. Problem with those is they either don't know the original artist or don't bother crediting the artist. Trust me, If I see them I remind them they have to have permission from original artist.

While some don't allow any use, one artist, SybLaTortue, is fine with people being inspired by her Usopp image "Sniper" when they redraw as long they give credit to her =

Yes this is one of the top two images of Usopp at DA and is frequently used as inspiration or outright stolen. But there are two pieces I know of that the person redrew themselves and gave credit to Syb for her image.

The other piece that is really popular is from GreenLiquidBrain,

This one has more thefts, most are for signatures and banners. They tend to crop the image and take out the Green Devil behind Usopp, then add some stuff (sparkles, alter the over color to darker green ect) and most tend to never ask for permission. The recent example that triggered the rant=

The artist has since given credit to the artist and apologized. Though, it was a pretty lame excuse added, thought that it would be obvious it wasn't their art since its a sig. As I said, lame excuse, they still used another person's work so credit should be given even a "I found this somewhere else and don't know the original artist, I altered it by doing ---- to make it a sig"
    Last edited by Katzztar; June 26th, 2014 at 09:42 AM.

At least that rant convinced me to tell where I found my sign.

LOL well, its less of an issue at forums, where we often use images from everywhere on the web, from the avatars and sigs to random pics in the threads. Its a 50/50 chance that the art could come from someone else.

Its an entire can of worms when someone submits it to a site whose purpose is for people to show their work of art as at those sites we expect the person that submits it is the original artist.

But still, I bet the artist would be pleased for the credit. Often people see art in sigs and then want to see more of the same. So giving credit would be like advertising

Entry #8 What Happens to the Toys at Night?

Okay I had a few posts in the ch 734 chapter thread. Some of them were some certain points so I'm gonna repost them here.

the theory that the toys turn back to human when Sugar sleeps every night

I am a bit surprised to see that some people still think this.
    This idea has been disproven back in ch 732! when the Soldier reveals why the toys have to go back to "Toy House"=

"Its a "house" in name only. Because its not as if there are no beds to sleep in or anything like that.
    All there is a passage that stretches down to the underground.
    Every night, the toys labor until dawn."

So nope they do not turn back into humans when Sugar sleeps. The quote comes from ch. 732 pg 5 (well 5 at Batoto)

Last edited by Katzztar; June 26th, 2014 at 09:44 AM.

Hmmm.
    Was gonna say, wonder if that's why DD still keeps needing new people/ toys/ slaves, but then changed it to why not just not
    overwork them so they last longer? Even with the losses to death, or " the human disease", could he really possibly use/ need all of them just to work?

Hymn, think I just confused myself...

lol I understand... I think;)

DD just doesn't care if he overworks the toys till they drop. It free labor and with a way to replace those worn out and unable to work. And no, I don't think he NEEDs all the transformed toys just to do work.

I think DD uses the toy transformation in for the following=
    1- Get rid of troublesome and/or rebellious factions. someone voicing complaints of the system, saying the old way was better? Chand him into a toy, no one remembers what he was saying, no one remembers the comparisions of how bad things are now. People remember they were poor, that King Riku went crazy, and there are no memories of rebellion against DD, so people think its currently a great time with a great king in DD.

2- Get rid of spies, troublesome neighbors that may want to ...interfere... with DD's business (several Fighters fit in this, King Elzibetho, Don Chinjao). Not only does the transformation takes away peoples memories of the former human, it takes away control from the transformed toy, as seen with Boo & Sai transformations, they have no control of their bodies .. at least not in the beginning. Maybe after a year ot so, the controllers are so focused on the new arrivials old ones are able to "slip under the radar" and regain self control

The unpaid labor? I think it serves two purposes.
    The first is the obvious- unpaid labor by "loyal" (forced or not, most can't disobey) workers.
    Second is to break their spirits. Someone who is downtrodden and broken is less likely to regain self control of their bodies.

I have no Regrets
    Original image

When Portgas-D-Ace made a comment in the Dumb Predictions thread of =
    " Just as cocaine snorters sometimes get the lingering habit of sniffing, Cavendish similarly addicted to eating flowers. This due to him eating the many poppy flowers to induce sleep to himself whenever he needs to unleash Hakuba. "

I thanked him for the mental image and started on thisModified one=
    Hidden:

Haha that is really really well done!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyTheChopper View Post
    Haha that is really really well done!
    Thank lol,I'm already planning on a 2nd version ...including Rebecca in it
    It will have a humorous title but slightly disturbing image -> Rebecca & Habuka XD

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information