+ Reply to Thread
Page 130 of 130 FirstFirst ... 30 80 120 128 129 130
Results 2,581 to 2,600 of 2600

Thread: Steven Universe

Default Re: Steven Universe

After unveiling the new opening sequence this year’s New York Comic Con, Rebecca Sugar also announced that Steven Universe Future is a en epilogue to the the series, meaning that when it premieres some time in the future, it will bring Steven’s epic story to an end.
    So, a mini-series I guess? Gotta be more than 4 or 5 or they'd just do another movie I'd think. (At 80 minutes the previous movie was equivalent to 8 normal episodes) And there's a lot of enemies in that enemy shot. 8-10 episodes? Full 25 episode season?
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Universing Misunderstandal

Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    Spoiler:
    That looked like a pink White Diamond to me
    Spoiler:
    A multitude of Reddit users* speculate that Jasper fused with White.
    It's odd that this supposed fusion doesn't drastically change from White Diamond's silhouette (same number of hair spikes, limbs, eyes), but the gems seem to match (White's forehead, Jasper's nose).

Wondering myself if that leads to the giant demonic gem corruption, given the pink they share, but it could be a different creature entirely since we don't see any gems on it.
    Last edited by F13rC Pulse; October 4th, 2019 at 04:18 PM.
    0% of story complete. There's plenty of work to be done.
    What's in a name?
    Ckaolradt, Esirnuset, Basaken, Artetzun, Faunthier, Yobenzarg, Hindriak, Jwapheonis, Quinoxund
    Some kind of effort not to be the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Pachylad View Post
    oh wait it turns out it may just be 'an epilogue series'... sigh I guess you're still right for now Robby :(
    I conceded back when the movie was announced, that *that* explained everything about their multi-year silence. That if they had planned a regular season of another 25-50 episodes to immediately follow season 5, (and do a White Diamond arc properly instead of cramming it into like 4 episodes) then that would have needed to start work on it, and had no reason to not announce that deal, to their fans and stockholders and network schedules, by comicon 2016 or so, 2017 at the latest.

And whenever it airs, it is however going to be 2 or 3 years after the previous season ended, (depending on if you're counting Reunited or Change Your Mind) so it wasn't in the pipe when I said it wasn't in the pipe, they were not working on or planning on it in 2016/17 when everyone swore there was a season 6 coming immediately based on an offhand comment from a VA of the brazillian dub..

Movie announcement in July 2018 changed the rules though. No formal season announcement, but they could keep doing special easier to promote things for a while (and since they kept doing it in bombs anyway it changed little.) It explained them not announcing a sixth season but also indicating that they were still working on stuff.

This is a string of episodes very clearly separated from season 5. Even has a movie between them. It counts as season 6. Unless its really, really short 4-8 eps at which point yeah, classify it as a miniseries, but it should still count as season 6 even then.

So, right and wrong. I'm happy to be wrong! Even if it is just a limited bit more.

But looking at episode counts (season 5 has an extra 8 episodes), how Reunited seemed like a season finale, and how long it took those final episodes to actually air, (7 months) I still think they had *planned* for six seasons, only got 5, but were given a few more episodes to wrap the story up. While negotiating deals for movie and this epilogue, which were dependant on ratings and other tie ins. That's pretty much the only thing that fits and makes sense, including why the White Diamond arc was sooooo rushed compared to how leisurely the show usually goes.
    Last edited by Robby; October 4th, 2019 at 07:44 PM.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

If it's a mini-series, ten episodes seems most likely because that's what Infinity Train and Over the Garden Wall were. Anything shorter, like Long Live the Royals, might as well just be another film.
    Complicating things since 2009.

aHahaha, I think I may have a new favourite batshit insane theory (similar to Pink Diamond=Rose Quartz, back when it didn't seem so obvious, and not just with hindsight) regarding the intro:

Hidden:
    The worm creature among the ostensible antagonists... may be Steven himself

https://youtu.be/ldOlwtzEpLo
    Alright who also
    Spoiler:
    got Eyeball and Aquamarine fusion on the bingo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yeah yeah whatever about that fusion I'm more about

Hidden:
    Steven turning pink and going berserk lending credence to the Corrupted Steven Theory

They put em in Smash Bros! Conekiller's Avatar

Vid was taken down. Was there a release date?
    [
    Please visit my Deviant art gallery.
    There will be Punch and Pie!

Quote Originally Posted by Conekiller View Post
    Vid was taken down. Was there a release date?
    Unfortunately no, but people that were theorizing that the series would drop on december were guessing that the first teaser would start around now.

I like how they threw in that little callback of Blue Pearl actually being really good at drawing.

Steven Universe Future starts December 7th, with a one hour special.
    https://twitter.com/cartoonnetwork/s...52645196189697

Happy birthday to me!!!
    [

Apparently we will have 10 episodes December:

First 10? yeeeeeah

also, "Volleyball" is totally going to be the Wham Episode misappropriately misnamed to seem ostesibly non-serious while "A Very Special Episode" will be the inverse.

Hidden:
    If they're going to do the Corrupted Steven theory this early, I'm calling it to be between "Little Graduation" and "Prickly Pair", or after the latter.

Quote Originally Posted by Pachylad View Post
    First 10? yeeeeeah

also, "Volleyball" is totally going to be the Wham Episode misappropriately misnamed to seem ostesibly non-serious while "A Very Special Episode" will be the inverse.

Hidden:
    If they're going to do the Corrupted Steven theory this early, I'm calling it to be between "Little Graduation" and "Prickly Pair", or after the latter.
    I still
    Spoiler:
    donít buy corrupted Steven theory, but I could see that thing being a fusion of Pink Sayian Steven and Jasper due to both resenting Rose/Pink.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From the cactus pun title, Prickly Pair is definitely not going to be the lowkey episode that you'd expect from the description.

> There's already a Lapis episode

10/10 show so far

---------------------------------[Youtube]-[Patreon]-[Twitter]---------------------------------

Reminder to those who DVR, this is likely going to trigger as a new show, so you'll have to set up Series Record again.
    [

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information