+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Could One Piece air in the UK?

Default Re: Could One Piece air in the UK?

Dunno if this is mentioned elsewhere. But Manga UK have confirmed Movies 1-6 to be released in collections (1-3 and 4-6) as Subtitled only. No idea if the shorts like Jango's Dance Carnival is to be included.
    Oh hey, I do videos on figures and manga and stuff: https://www.youtube.com/thatmanhismerch

Yes, the Movie Collections have been mentioned in the Manga UK DVDs thread as well as briefly in the FUNi DVD discussion thread. There will also be a movie 7-9 Collection in November, with the dual audio version of movie 8.
    Getting the shorts seems like a possibility as they were on some of the other international releases, but on the other hand Manga might not bother for what looks like a bare-bones release.

Bad News everyone. Its looking less and less likely that Manga UK will be keeping the One Piece liscence. After volume 13 went from March to May then to July release. Was then backed up that 'all of the issues' around volume 13 had been resolved and 100% coming for July it's been popped back to October for no reason. Questioning around Film Gold and they couldn't confirm if they could release it. It's pretty much mirroring the way Manga UK treat Fairy Tail last year by delaying volumes before having it drop off the schedule and then confirm they hadn't had the liscence for some time. Can only pray it's not true.Pretty appauling that there'll be no legal way to buy or stream One Piece in the UK.
    Oh hey, I do videos on figures and manga and stuff: https://www.youtube.com/thatmanhismerch

Quote Originally Posted by Cyber-Robin View Post
    It's pretty much mirroring the way Manga UK treat Fairy Tail last year
    Fairy tail was a different case though, as it was one the series Manga had licensed from Funimation (who sub-lisence if they acquire the whole English speaking rights to something). Funi seems to have blanketly ended their partnership with Manga. Funimation now has their UK titles distributed by Anime Limited, with Fairy Tail continuing where it left off. One Piece was apparently licensed directly from Toei by Manga, hence Manga releasing more Movies than Funi have. Fairy Tail also wouldn't be the only time that Manga has delayed a release, or even announced a title that they didn't technically have the rights to. Collection 13 is the first NTSC One Piece release, so maybe that caused am unexpected delay?
    Pretty appauling that there'll be no legal way to buy or stream One Piece in the UK.
    At the moment, one of the biggest road blocks in the way of One Piece streaming might well be Manga Entertainment, who see streaming as a threat to DVDs. One of the heads at Manga explicitly said that they didn't want One Piece appearing on the UK Funimation Now launch, and has generally made their skepticism about streaming clear on social media. Seems bonkers when they are 350 episode behind.

Aye unfortunately it seems to be a case of Manga UK pointing at Toei and Toei pointing at Manga UK and blaming each other. I'd have no issue with delays if they'd bother to announce them. It was simply because I checked my order that it popped up saying it had been delayed. No word from Manga (who are saying it's an issue with the licence.) about the delay at all.

Bad News everyone. Its looking less and less likely that Manga UK will be keeping the One Piece liscence. After volume 13 went from March to May then to July release. Was then backed up that 'all of the issues' around volume 13 had been resolved and 100% coming for July it's been popped back to October for no reason. Questioning around Film Gold and they couldn't confirm if they could release it. It's pretty much mirroring the way Manga UK treat Fairy Tail last year by delaying volumes before having it drop off the schedule and then confirm they hadn't had the liscence for some time. Can only pray it's not true.Pretty appauling that there'll be no legal way to buy or stream One Piece in the UK.
    I wonder if it has anything to do with this:* http://www.uk-anime.net/newsitem/Fun...Amazon_UK.html* https://twitter.com/AllTheAnime/stat...49485631078401

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information