Closed Thread
Page 271 of 542 FirstFirst ... 171 221 261 269 270 271 272 273 281 321 371 ... LastLast
Results 5,401 to 5,420 of 10838

Thread: Post how your day was...

Default Re: Post how your day was...

Isn't Cyprus pretty notorious for having the worst traffic and the lousiest drivers in all of Europe, though? I have several friends who have come back from there having nothing but praise for the local traffic here after having had to fear for their lives every single time they saw a car. :P
    In Loving Memory of Toraish, Rex Avium: http://apforums.net/showthread.php?t=40786 | 3DS Friend Code: 3196-4274-7836

Traffic? We don't really have all that much traffic lol. And dunno which areas your buddies visited, but when you use the proper lines for pedestrians to cross the roads, you are safe. If they crossed from the middle of the street where there are no lines, of course they would've almost gotten run over and called fucking idiots too xD They will not stop for you if you don't follow the rules as a pedestrian, because if it's a main street and the drivers are forced to step on the break suddenly because a moron decided to cross out of the blue, there's danger for the car behind you to ram you. New Haven j-walkers would not survive here lol
    If you visit Istanbul you will realize what bad driving is. It's the first time I ever was scared for my life in a car.

What's really bad in Cyprus, is the people not usually following the speed limit in neighborhoods and the fucking parking. EVERYBODY PARKS EVERYWHERE. Fuck it pisses me off when I park properly and the dumbass next to me parks in my line. Or when they park all over pedestrian paths. The police does enjoy it a lot though lol Tickets flying right and left!
    My 3DS Friend Code: 1091 - 8457 - 8212

~Goronyanya~

Well, since I've gotten a bit more information, I guess I'll reiterate the post I originally deleted here on Thursday night. I got too upset and didn't really want to talk about it, but thanks to some good supportive friends that did see the post(or my Twitter), I did feel a little better over the course of yesterday.

One of my closest cousins died. Very abruptly too. At first I didn't take the news too sadly, but after remembering him, seeing the stuff my family wrote of him, and getting more information on the cause of death, I could not help but feel awful about it. His last birthday was last Sunday. Died at the age of 24. Same age as me. I first met him when I was eight or seven. Infact, I met him and his family(mom and dad), and it's really saddens me that even they died before so soon too. His parents weren't very great as people at all(there's some disgusting history that I won't get into), but my cousin was a great kid; if not he was a huge dork.

I heard he collapsed at a local store(Wallgreens). It was due to kidney failure, and apparently he was waiting for a doner match. Also heard that he had kids. That was almost a big surprise as the news, since we kinda lost touch with him during the course of adulthood. He was just never in the same place, nor had the same phone number. I wished I got the chance to see him. So yeah, going to stop here. Too many little details I could get into.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiroy View Post
    Well, since I've gotten a bit more information, I guess I'll reiterate the post I originally deleted here on Thursday night. I got too upset and didn't really want to talk about it, but thanks to some good supportive friends that did see the post(or my Twitter), I did feel a little better over the course of yesterday.

One of my closest cousins died. Very abruptly too. At first I didn't take the news too sadly, but after remembering him, seeing the stuff my family wrote of him, and getting more information on the cause of death, I could not help but feel awful about it. His last birthday was last Sunday. Died at the age of 24. Same age as me. I first met him when I was eight or seven. Infact, I met him and his family(mom and dad), and it's really saddens me that even they died before so soon too. His parents weren't very great as people at all(there's some disgusting history that I won't get into), but my cousin was a great kid; if not he was a huge dork.

I heard he collapsed at a local store(Wallgreens). It was due to kidney failure, and apparently he was waiting for a doner match. Also heard that he had kids. That was almost a big surprise as the news, since we kinda lost touch with him during the course of adulthood. He was just never in the same place, nor had the same phone number. I wished I got the chance to see him. So yeah, going to stop here. Too many little details I could get into.
    Real sorry to hear that.

Wish you'll be better soon.

Oh sweetie, I am so sorry :( If you want to talk about it more, hit me up with a message on fb :C

~Goronyanya~

i applied to transfer to the store across town and i think they really liked me and i feel great

eat shit old boss who favors the new people over someone who's been here a year and actually has been through a fall back to school sale

Today was grape picking day. It's a beautiful crop, in my completely uninformed opinion, and since we were only picking one variety today, it didn't take more than a couple hours. All in all, a pretty fun experience!

Watching Monty Python on youtube

~Goronyanya~

Finally finished the project that has been driving me up the wall the past few weeks. I've got a few small things still to do to finally set it all live, but it is basically done. One thing that helped was to stop punishing myself. I had stopped going to friends' events and stopped going to places like here to try and force me to get the work done, but I'd totally forgotten that I work best when I have balance. Where I can get away from the work for a few hours and just enjoy myself, and then go back and focus on it, rather than feeling I need to focus on it all the time and just building up my stress.

Ain't nobody gonna fix my problems but me, and expecting them to is just signing myself up for continued misery. But it's amazing how often I can seem to forget that.

Quote Originally Posted by Holy Hell View Post
    for taboo and i's livestream (I'm gonna force everyone to attend) in 40 minutes I'm streaming Robot Carnival, a very important anime film classic with names behind it like Otomo of Akira fame, and you have to show up because I said so.

Now it's 35 minutes. www.livestream.com/gigglepuffy

I"M POSTING AGAIN WHEN IT'S TIME BECAUSE I DEMAND YOU COME.
    Nooooooo y i miss these things

Well, since I've gotten a bit more information, I guess I'll reiterate the post I originally deleted here on Thursday night.
    Oh no. I'm really sorry for your loss, Hiroy. Especially out of the blue like that, it sounds extremely upsetting.
    moooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooon

How tragic, going so....sudden like that.

My condolences, man. :(

Great, actually.
    Went to a FANTASTIC art museum with a friend and we hung out for a while afterward, and then I came back to my dorm and finally figured out how to install Curse of Monkey Island- a game which I've been wanting to replay for quite some time now. And to top it off, my roommate won't be back for the rest of the night, so I still have our dorm all to myself for now. I can play Monkey Island in peace and without headphones.

Today has been awful. I was shaving my hair and all went well. Then I moved onto the beard and low and behold the clippers broke half way through, forcing me to shave the whole thing off. Now my face is cold, I look really pale where the beard was, and could pass for being about half of my age.

And what's worse is I've got a mate coming over in a few days. I wanted to look the shiz.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by Chrissie View Post
    Watching Monty Python on youtube
    the holy grail is brilliant. The only thing is I can't watch it without marathoning life of Brian too. :(

That really sucks, especially when it strikes so close to home. Great that you're recovering quickly from it.

Just finished my first try at roller skating, and it's hard! When everyone has mastered it to a certain extent (and figured out the basics), I was busily flopping around clumsily. The worst (best?) part about it was trying to figure out how to brake properly and ending up going too low and falling. Guess I know what I'll be doing for the next few weeks!

Next weekend I will go to Rio de Janeiro, It seems I will win an apartment as a heritage from my grandmother.

I will miss her, my german grandmother~~~
    When AP used to be good:

NEVER FORGET !!

Quote Originally Posted by captain Ugly View Post
    Next weekend I will go to Rio de Janeiro, It seems I will win an apartment as a heritage from my grandmother.

I will miss her, my german grandmother~~~
    So to clarify, she's no longer with us ?

Our kitchen is infiltrated by a dozen drunkards + my drunk parents.
    Yay. They've been there ever since I came home, and they're gonna stay well past midnight again.
    That means 10+ hours without anything to eat, and I came home being hungry already.

If someone could bury my corpse and avenge me, please, that would be nice.

(My sis was able to leave, but I can't. Freshly washed hair. I ain't goin anywhere.)

Quote Originally Posted by No Maam View Post
    So to clarify, she's no longer with us ?
    Yeah, sorry to not make it clear at the first time.
    When AP used to be good:

NEVER FORGET !!

Quote Originally Posted by Nia View Post
    Our kitchen is infiltrated by a dozen drunkards + my drunk parents.
    Yay. They've been there ever since I came home, and they're gonna stay well past midnight again.
    That means 10+ hours without anything to eat, and I came home being hungry already.

If someone could bury my corpse and avenge me, please, that would be nice.

(My sis was able to leave, but I can't. Freshly washed hair. I ain't goin anywhere.)
    Like that's an excuse.

If you'd beeen truly hungry, you would not care for such things as hair

(and yes I'm bald, why do you ask ? :D)

Quote Originally Posted by No Maam View Post
    Like that's an excuse.

If you'd beeen truly hungry, you would not care for such things as hair

(and yes I'm bald, why do you ask ? :D)
    It's not so much the hair itself, it's the fact that I don't want to run around outside with wet hair, already being sick and all.

Either way, I managed to eat by now, thankfully, and am now throwing myself into David Tennant's last Doctor Who special, The End of Time.
    My God have mercy on my poor soul.

Quote Originally Posted by Nia View Post
    It's not so much the hair itself, it's the fact that I don't want to run around outside with wet hair, already being sick and all.

Either way, I managed to eat by now, thankfully, and am now throwing myself into David Tennant's last Doctor Who special, The End of Time.
    My God have mercy on my poor soul.
    Oh sorry about that, didn't know, that makes me sound like a bigger douche then I usually chose to be :O

Good luck with that, and a speedy recovery.

Btw what did you have ?

Closed Thread

Thread Information