+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tokyo Revengers

Default Tokyo Revengers

I don't know if Furio (delinquents) mangas are popular in this forum but I am personally quite found of them.
    And this one in particular. It is drawn by Ken Wakui the author of Shinjuku Swan or Sekisei Inko and published in the Shounen Magazine.

The story takes the genre into fantastic ground since the hero time travels to the past in order to try to save his first love. The story is really great (lot's of manly tears) and I am very found of Wakui art style.

https://mangadex.org/title/22529/tok...gers/chapters/
    The scanlation status is a bit complicate since some official chapters have been ripped of (please prefer the official release if you have access to it) but the last raw chapters have been translated this week so for those who wants to binge read the serie, it is the perfect time.
    I myself am not up to date yet

PS: No swastiska talk please, this is not the object of the thread

Default Re: Tokyo Revengers

Yeah I binge this a while back, is a reaaaaly good read. Creative use of time travel, good use of tropes of brothers in arms.
    Also Kisaki is a bastard.

yeah it's really great. I also like Nanba MG5, it's more shonen but still very fun to read

I enjoy delinquent stuff, but infrequently. Crows/worst was good. I actually loved Kyou Kara Ore Wa for some reason. Mostly it seems hit or miss. I'll definitely give it a shot - sort of curious what makes me enjoy one of these and not others.

(Shame about the swastika thing)

To be fair to the fact the the swastika is a religious symbol 5000 years old, spread in many of the euro-asians cultures, it's only a bad one if it's tilted 45 left.

Sure, we all know that by now, but it's tainted by association nonetheless.

Man the last few chapters have been a blast.

Quote Originally Posted by pariston_hill View Post
    Man the last few chapters have been a blast.
    Yes appart from the Angry being strong when he cried, the battle has been great so far
    And 169 has a big twist :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Kdom View Post
    Yes appart from the Angry being strong when he cried, the battle has been great so far
    And 169 has a big twist :-)
    Saw the french scans, waiting for the chapter to drop.

i wonder if there is another time jumper. It doesn't seem like Kisaki does

It has to be Kisaki, there's the "hero" reference he did in the future and them in the past to Takemichi, and how it always ended with Kisaki ordering the hit.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information