Closed Thread
Page 581 of 1301 FirstFirst ... 81 481 531 571 579 580 581 582 583 591 631 681 1081 ... LastLast
Results 11,601 to 11,620 of 26007

Thread: Next Strawhat Crewmate (Vol. 6)

Default Re: Next Strawhat Crewmate (Vol. 6)

Quote Originally Posted by youck View Post
    MONET !!!!!!!!!!!!!
    She's dead though, isn't she?
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by FLCL View Post
    She's dead though, isn't she?
    Nope, she's alive, (cause Oda has certain requirements about death she didn't meet. She wasn't smiling, her death had no meaning, and her dreams weren't fulfilled or passed on. If she'd died two pages sooner, she'd have met all those requisites, but then she didn't. So she's fine. Plus Vergo was there too and Oda's not about to kill TWO named characters when it doesn't actually advance the story in some major way. ) We'll see her in the next coverstory once the Doflamingo arc is done.

She got a more violent seeming fall to unconscious than usual, but she'll still be fine in the end. The knife that apparently stabbed her was stuck in the floor next to the heart in the next chapter, not through it. Also, she was coughing blood *before* the "stabbing" thanks to Tashigi's hit, so regardless of presentation and dramatic effect, she wasn't necesarilly reacting explicitly to her heart being stabbed. Jostled, maybe. . The ice pick may have grazed her, but Ceaser basically missed, despite dramatic appearances. She'll be fine.

All that said, no, she's not in any way, shape or form joining the crew.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

If either are alive, (I doubt it because someone would had to save them) I hope that they are in their way to Impel Down.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Quote Originally Posted by youck View Post
    MONET !!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Green text, caps, lots of exclamation points and an in love smiley, great argument she is joining for sure.

Her wings are too big to fit through Sunny doors.
    Last edited by GetsugaZoro; March 14th, 2015 at 04:57 PM.

Pokemon X/Y ingame name: Pedro
    3DS FC : 1547 5213 7769 - NNID : SunGodKizaru Switch: SW-7487-5553-2501

Quote Originally Posted by maxterdexter View Post
    If either are alive, (I doubt it because someone would had to save them) I hope that they are in their way to Impel Down.
    The Marines and Kuzan were there afterward. And Monet's heart was right next to Ceaser's unconscious form.

But given that we're not likely to visit Impel Down again, it seems more likely after Doflamingo's fall, she'll go on to be an astrologer or something. No idea what Vergo will do with his position as spy defunt and Dofla dethroned. I figure her cover story will probably be finding her heart though.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

I hope that Enel deepfries her chicken wings for feeding meth to children.
    SW-4128-8032-0729

It's dead 'till coverstory proves us wrong

Shouldn't Oda also tell us why she asked to be turned into a harpy of all things? Every time we went into flashback mode, she was a regular human, back to the present, harpy. She was interested in Law's ability, and that scene was cut, so it's almost 100% she asked Law to turn her into a harpy. . .but why? Cause she's obsessed with the stars and wanted to fly to get there? Kinda super silly, but could work.

Also, her "obsession" with astrology comes from a single panel of some piled books if I'm not mistaken, so it's all sketchy at best. I'm expecting Oda will, one day, adress all that, even if it is on an SBS. . .

Quote Originally Posted by kouch_lee View Post
    Shouldn't Oda also tell us why she asked to be turned into a harpy of all things? Every time we went into flashback mode, she was a regular human, back to the present, harpy. She was interested in Law's ability, and that scene was cut, so it's almost 100% she asked Law to turn her into a harpy. . .but why? Cause she's obsessed with the stars and wanted to fly to get there? Kinda super silly, but could work.

Also, her "obsession" with astrology comes from a single panel of some piled books if I'm not mistaken, so it's all sketchy at best. I'm expecting Oda will, one day, adress all that, even if it is on an SBS. . .
    We saw her with a book on astrology, spelled out in English! We saw her become a bird woman. Oda went out of his way to specifically put that particular book there, as one of her earliest impressions, so he wanted it to be clear she had at least an *interest* in astrology and the skies.

The rest kind of pieces itself together, and its all we're gonna get for a minor defeated character (barring cover story.).

Similarly, he's not going to spell out that Perona's first pet bear KumaA died, and she later had it replaced with stuffed doll KumaCy. (there was probably a B in there as well.) He put a very clear detail in there, and that she wanted to live in a spooky castle, some more in an SBS, and thats what we have to extrapolate from.. and we can get a lot of her connecting with Moria from that... and even more so given she stuck around with Mihawk later.

It's not like it was a live action shoot and the choice of book was accidental.

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    We saw her with a book on astrology, spelled out in English! We saw her become a bird woman. Oda went out of his way to specifically put that particular book there, as one of her earliest impressions, so he wanted it to be clear she had at least an *interest* in astrology and the skies.

The rest kind of pieces itself together, and its all we're gonna get for a minor defeated character (barring cover story.).

Similarly, he's not going to spell out that Perona's first pet bear KumaA died, and she later had it replaced with stuffed doll KumaCy. (there was probably a B in there as well.) He put a very clear detail in there, and that she wanted to live in a spooky castle, some more in an SBS, and thats what we have to extrapolate from.. and we can get a lot of her connecting with Moria from that... and even more so given she stuck around with Mihawk later.

It's not like it was a live action shoot and the choice of book was accidental.
    Oh, I don't doubt it was intentional, and it's true he did the "fill in the dots" with Perona's bear backstory (Greg mentioned Kuma B I think, so maybe in an in-between flashback panel there was KumaB?), but Perona was never left in a limbo state of dead or alive (well, she *kinda* was, but not stabbed through the heart and the like), so filling the dots with her was more Oda having a lil fun with his characters than out of need. Monet has people wondering if she's even alive, so he does need to at least answer that, and I just hope he uses that chance to bring back those points, the harpy and astrology thingies.

Was astrology or astronomy?
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Eeeeeh?! But Nami can't get her DF if Monet is alive

Monet definitely feels more like a Hachi character than Perona. I suspect she'll bring some answers regarding moon stuff the next time she comes back.

Default Re: Next new-mate for Luffy's Crew (Vol. 6)

Quote Originally Posted by Aohige_AP View Post
    I'm hoping eventually all the Supernovas will gather under the Straw Hat flag, like the NW captains under Whitebeard. Not a crew, but loyal allies. After much conflict, disagreement, fights, and developing friendship of course. I love those type of story epics.
    I can see that happening after the other supernovas fail to take down a yonko.

The Ugly never die loneassassin's Avatar
    A solid gold house with a rocket car in front

Quote Originally Posted by Monquito View Post
    It's dead 'till coverstory proves us wrong
    This right here is 100% true

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by FrankyFan View Post
    Monet definitely feels more like a Hachi character than Perona. I suspect she'll bring some answers regarding moon stuff the next time she comes back.
    I trust Enel about any and all topics concerning the moon since he owns it now.

If you are gonna shoot, shoot. Don't talk
    RIP Eli Wallach

3DS Friend Code: 3454-0518-6166

Quote Originally Posted by maxterdexter View Post
    Parts of Vergo may be...

Quote Originally Posted by Tangaroa View Post
    Parts of Vergo may be...
    Next time we will see Vergo he will be this size (shrunken Luffy size)

Because he was unable to find half of parts of his body

Vergo will eat the Axolotl DF.

Quote Originally Posted by sabinis View Post
    Next time we will see Vergo he will be this size (shrunken Luffy size)

http://s1.tsuki-board.net/pics/figur...g?t=1392208867

Because he was unable to find half of parts of his body
    That will be the new cover story after Jinbe's. It will be him and Monet. He will be getting his parts back like Buggy on Punk Hazard.

Quote Originally Posted by Kishido View Post
    Vergo will eat the Axolotl DF.
    I don't even know how to feel about this. I'm sure you're joking but thinking about it seriously wouldn't that be out of place? An axolotl with a piece of food stuck to its face...with facial hair...and shades...and could have a unique cool design...well maybe it could work.

hahahah, itīs funny īcause the Axolotl can regenerate any limb.

Closed Thread

Thread Information