Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The Official APCT Rules Thread: 2012 Edition.

Default The Official APCT Rules Thread: 2012 Edition.

'Oh Mods, bless these, thy Rules and with them, may we ban thy enemies to not posting in thy mercy. ' And the Mods did grin and the posters did feast upon Hattori images, excessive bounty calculations, and the decaying corpse of Rob Lucci's chances...

These are the Rules for this Tournament and are to be obeyed explicity.

I. No Bashing.
    There is a difference between constructive criticism and bashing. This applies equally to posters, campaigns, and the characters themselves. Don't cross the line. If you have something against a person member, take it outside as we don't want to hear it.

II. No Vote Buyings.
    Offers of physical property or cash in exchange for votes for a character is strictly prohibited. Offering to draw an image for people is one thing, purchasing votes with cash or manga volumes is something else entirely.

III. Don't Cheat.
    Not only will we figure it out, but doing so will get the person in question banned. The method of correcting matches affected by cheating will be decided by the Event Staff

IV. No NSFW videos or images in campaigns.
    Show some common sense. Some people visit this forum while goofing off at work while some of are members are young and can still be traumatized by some of you perverts.

V. Votes are final.
    If you haven't made up your mind yet when you enter a match, relax for a while and take in some of the sights and sounds of the campaigns. Once you cast your vote, that's that. We're not changing it.

VI. Banned Campaigns and Posts.
    The following campaigns are not only prohibited, but use of them will get you banned.
    01. Boob Campaigns.
    02. Thinly veiled references to Boob Campaigns ('Hats').
    03. Massive images that are not hidden behind spoiler tags.
    04. Any usage of or variation on the phrase "Haters gonna hate" or whatever other tired catchphrase of the month is going around.
    05. Campaigns that refer to an argument from another part of the Forum.
    06. Use of e1n's emo Ace image. This particular image, Ace, and Secretariat have a lot in common.
    07. Spamming images and video clips. Use a link to the first post instead. Exceptions can be made for a really long thread, but even then, it doesn't need to appear more than once a page.
    08. Spamming links to the same post over and over again.
    09. Excessive use of franchises or intellectual properties unrelated to One Piece.
    10. Posting inane comments like FIRST or FIRST PAGE or similar things.
    11. No Playgirl campaigns.

Banned campaigns can be added as needed.

VII. Caveat Spoilers.
    This is primarily a manga forum so if you don't read it, expect spoilers. However, the usual rules for the forum apply to manga spoilers.

VIII. Normal AP Forum rules are in full effect.
    I shouldn't have to point this out, but just reminding people.

IX. Final Fantasy IX was the best one to come out of the Playstation era; VII is horrifically overrated and directly responsible for the emo FF nonsense we have today.

X. No Trolling!
    By the regular posters. Trolling by the Staff is actively encouraged as they're actually good at it.

XI. This thread exists to clarify rules.
    If you need to ask something specifically about the Rules, then and only then do you post something in this thread.

XII. And, as always: Have FUN!
    That's what we're here for.

General notes:

1. It is entirely possible that problems may come up; probable really. When Murphy's Law kicks in, try to contact one of the Event Staff to see if we can correct it. If none are available, try the Forum Staff. I'd recommend starting with Robby.

2. You shouldn't be able to make threads or post polls in this Forum. In the event that something goes wrong, don't do it. This is your only warning.

3. Ideally, the next match will begin shortly after the closing of the previous one. Things occasionally get in the way of that. Be patient and we'll get the next one started as some as feasibly possible.

4. It never hurts to ask questions if there is something that you are confused about. Try the Event Staff first though.

5. In the event that you have complaints that your favorite character didn't win or things of a similar nature, please send them to everybody's favorite counting machine, Ballot Box, where they'll get all the due and respectful consideration that they deserve.

6. In the event of a tie, the match will be decided by a staff member that holds their vote for the duration of the round. The method of deciding is up to the staffer, but will usually be a coin flip. Don't vote just to even out the votes in an attempt to create an artificial tie.
    Last edited by Robby; September 1st, 2012 at 05:12 PM.
    Complicating things since 2009.

Default Re: The Official APCT Rules Thread: 2012 Edition.

And my life is now complete.

Rage Level upgraded from Mild to Moderate.

I say this every year. But if there's a rule about boobs can there please be a note to the rule about trying to get votes because 'x guy is hot half naked' pics. (I'm not talking about the stuff like Manglaze but more the pics that got posted where only a tiny bit of sand or a cloth or a body part is covering his junk) because it's pretty much the same thing.

I don't think it was so bad last year however. At least not as bad as some of the years prior.
    Last edited by Cyber-Robin; May 24th, 2012 at 01:48 AM.
    Oh hey, I do videos on figures and manga and stuff: https://www.youtube.com/thatmanhismerch

Quote Originally Posted by Cyber-Robin View Post
    I say this every year. But if there's a rule about boobs can there please be a note to the rule about trying to get votes because 'x guy is hot half naked' pics. (I'm not talking about the stuff like Manglaze but more the pics that got posted where only a tiny bit of sand or a cloth or a body part is covering his junk) because it's pretty much the same thing.

I don't think it was so bad last year however. At least not as bad as some of the years prior.
    I whole-heatedly second this. Still have some disturbing images from last year in my head.

Also can someone link me to e1n's emo ace image
    3DS friend code: 2964-8756-2295
    Games: Pokemon Y & Alpha Sapphire

Lurking since 2007... Nidhoeggr's Avatar

IX. Final Fantasy IX was the best one to come out of the Playstation era; VII is horrifically overrated and directly responsible for the emo FF nonsense we have today.
    Can this be a global rule from now on?

What about rules regarding the posting of manga pages from online readers?
    If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. - Sun Tzu, The Art Of War

Quote Originally Posted by Juvar View Post
    No .
    In Loving Memory of Toraish, Rex Avium: http://apforums.net/showthread.php?t=40786 | 3DS Friend Code: 3196-4274-7836

Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    Final Fantasy VII is really an amazing game. So easy to be a hater, but you should just embrace it friendly poster, no reason to bring in the negativity.

Former Chief Warden Venomous Warden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by andre View Post
    Final Fantasy VII is really an amazing game. So easy to be a hater, but you should just embrace it friendly poster, no reason to bring in the negativity.
    Agreed, and FF8 had far more emo going on than anything in 7 (advent children makes everyone think that unfortunately)

----
    anyway i have a question pertaining to one of the rules

"09. Excessive use of franchises or intellectual properties unrelated to One Piece."

regarding rule 9 what does this entail exactly? Does this mean i cant use anything outside of one piece for possible campaigns or even as a reference? or does it mean i just can use something thats completely random or out of left field?
    - Lurking around Arlong Park between dumps -
    ------

Quote Originally Posted by andre
    It was really just a joke based on the number, but Final Fantasy VII has aged badly where graphics are concerned. I also don't think it was anywhere near as good as the game that directly preceded it and also introduced a lot of annoying elements like unrelated sidequests that have a major impact on the game as well as a drastic decline in the skill level actually needed to beat the game. A single Summon could finish off anything in the game short of two minibosses that imposed random handicaps that were not seen anywhere else in the game.

And, yes, VIII was really bad, but I seriously doubt that it goes that far if not for the success of Final Fantasy VII in the first place. This is a Rules thread though.

Quote Originally Posted by Venomous Warden View Post
    "09. Excessive use of franchises or intellectual properties unrelated to One Piece."

regarding rule 9 what does this entail exactly? Does this mean i cant use anything outside of one piece for possible campaigns or even as a reference? or does it mean i just can use something thats completely random or out of left field?
    You can use things like individual images or random references; I just don't want to see entire threads dominated by campaigns that have nothing to do with One Piece. I suppose I could just ban certain franchises that have a tendency to derail any other conversation, but I'll try to avoid that if I can.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by Cyber-Robin View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Juvar View Post
    I whole-heatedly second this. Still have some disturbing images from last year in my head.
    Strictly speaking, that's covered by Rule IV, but I'll add that one in as some people apparently don't get that.

Just find an Ace Tournament match from three or four years ago. It'll be everywhere.

Can i use campaigns that were used last years?

^I'd like to know this too. I have all my last year's campaigns and I want to use just a few of them.

As long as the campaign doesn't violate the Rules, feel free to use things from whenever.

It was really just a joke based on the number, but Final Fantasy VII has aged badly where graphics are concerned. I also don't think it was anywhere near as good as the game that directly preceded it and also introduced a lot of annoying elements like unrelated sidequests that have a major impact on the game as well as a drastic decline in the skill level actually needed to beat the game. A single Summon could finish off anything in the game short of two minibosses that imposed random handicaps that were not seen anywhere else in the game.

And, yes, VIII was really bad, but I seriously doubt that it goes that far if not for the success of Final Fantasy VII in the first place. This is a Rules thread though.

You can use things like individual images or random references; I just don't want to see entire threads dominated by campaigns that have nothing to do with One Piece. I suppose I could just ban certain franchises that have a tendency to derail any other conversation, but I'll try to avoid that if I can.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Strictly speaking, that's covered by Rule IV, but I'll add that one in as some people apparently don't get that.

Just find an Ace Tournament match from three or four years ago. It'll be everywhere.

Wasn't VIII the one you needed the Pocketstation for all the summons in Japan? And didn't VIII break the 9,999 barrier? I can't remember if that was VIII or X (Irrelevant yes, on my mind... yes )
    3DS Friend Code: 4468-1765-5617 (Rock Safari)

Long Live Osamu Tezuka!!! Justaway's Avatar

Can we post sexy photos as long as we don't mention boobs?

Wait so does this mean I can't use my Obelix campaign ?

What kind of monsters are you ?!

Quote Originally Posted by Gokudera View Post
    Wasn't VIII the one you needed the Pocketstation for all the summons in Japan? And didn't VIII break the 9,999 barrier? I can't remember if that was VIII or X (Irrelevant yes, on my mind... yes )
    I went to an orphanage with FF8 as a child and therefore have no memory of it whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by Justaway View Post
    Can we post sexy photos as long as we don't mention boobs?
    It doesn't need to be anything that would get you in trouble viewing it at school or work,

Quote Originally Posted by No Maam View Post
    Wait so does this mean I can't use my Obelix campaign ?
    So long as the thread in question doesn't totally devolve into nothing but Asterix and Obelix stuff, feel free. It's not that you can't use stuff like that, it's just that I don't want it to completely take over threads.

What kind of monsters are you ?!
    Moderate ones.

I went to an orphanage with FF8 as a child and therefore have no memory of it whatsoever.
    Whoa, whoa, whoa.

Was this orphanage... by the sea?

So just to clarify, you can ask someone to vote for your character on the condition you'll vote for their character of choice ?

Yeah, I can't really see why not. Doing so isn't explicitly prohibited by the rules and it's a recurring tournament tradition if anything. As long as votes aren't actually bought with any "real world" property, it should be perfectly fine. Besides, seeing as so many people are already doing it without the tournament even having started yet, limiting it would get so difficult that it's not worth the trouble.
    In Loving Memory of Toraish, Rex Avium: http://apforums.net/showthread.php?t=40786 | 3DS Friend Code: 3196-4274-7836

II. No Vote Buyings.
    Offers of physical property or cash in exchange for votes for a character is strictly prohibited. Offering to draw an image for people is one thing, purchasing votes with cash or manga volumes is something else entirely.
    Wait,someone actually does that?Bribing people for character votes,seriously?

Thread Information