+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Maron's Cluster of Comics & Cartoons

Default Re: Maron's Cluster of Comics & Cartoons

Quote Originally Posted by Hiroy View Post
    It's almost as if the bag has become Milo's face. Or maybe it's not really a bag.
    Tylor and Nia look real swag tho. I love their designs. Simple but iconic.
    I know! Only excuse I can give is that I made Milo when I was 8...it made sense at the time! Thanks for the kind words and sorry for being so quiet around here man. More comics are definitely on the way.

No aplogies needed. I'm in the same position, and believe me, I'd be saying sorry every week. I'm just having some issues that home and I can't really find time to devote 7 hours a day into comics as of yet until this mess is out of the way. Looking forward to your new comic pages though. I'm patient :)

Page 1/5 out of a scrapped Christmas special I made last December. Unfortunately I was really down to the wire on this one so I had to make that two page version and have it colored only a couple days before the holiday if I recall correctly. We had some fun plans with this. One thing I enjoyed was that even though it was one story, I was able to make all the pages sorta stand on their own.

I remember spending a good chunk of my birthday inking this with a friend back when I thought I had a shot of completing this. Maybe I'll revisit this story someday.

See you next Friday.

Just wanted to note this here since I finished clearing up the details this afternoon.

A brand new comic by me will be up on the Weekly Dig's website EVERY Sunday, starting this Sunday on July 15th. What's the Weekly Dig? An alternative newspaper in my area that I got to know the art director of. Don't worry, I'll link to it! If you guys enjoy the comics please feel free to like it on Facebook! I had a ton of fun making my first batch so I hope you have the same fun reading them. I'm not at home right now so I'll give more details later, but it features Tyler and the same characters you know from the Toonatics comics I made last Summer, only with some new characters thrown in the mix.
    Last edited by Maron; July 12th, 2012 at 06:12 PM.

A couple of previews of what's in store, hope you guys check it out and enjoy it this Sunday.

It's sort of a revamp of the original Toonatics strips I made last summer.

This all looks awesome.

..Starting tomorrow!

I hope someone's paying Allison and Nia for doing these.

Wowman! I'm already enjoying this.

That's awesome dude! Congratulations!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wagomu View Post
    There's a great lighthearted vibe around here, because no matter how serious we might get, we're all together because of some magical pirate.

Thanks a lot guys! I got a cool little shout-out from the organization I work at too minutes after I put the link on FB. I hope you guys enjoy the future strips. I never thought of Tyler as the recluse type of character but with this being my first time writing him at the "beginning" I'm sorta seeing how things go. But with him being new to the neighborhood this means he doesn't know any of the characters you've seen before and none of those interactions ever happened, or at least hasn't happened yet.

Appreciate the FB share Hiroy!

My supervisor at my job keeps requesting me to bring more comics for every shift I have so I decided to whip up a color version of this promo in addition to that. As much of a pain it can sometimes be for me to do this I have to say the characters look rather good in color.
    Last edited by Maron; July 16th, 2012 at 10:15 PM.

COMIXSCAPE #2!! Got top of the home page again this week. :)

Dude! This is gold. Tanya is becoming one of my favorites.

TTYD never lets you out of its grasp.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuddles the Dark View Post
    TTYD never lets you out of its grasp.
    Yeah, I was really into that game when I was doing these first strips. I'm in the middle of replaying Super Paper Mario too but I haven't touched the game in weeks!

Quote Originally Posted by Hiroy View Post
    Dude! This is gold. Tanya is becoming one of my favorites.
    Glad you like her. Though I can tell you now this'll be her last appearance for a couple of months. Try not to get mad at me...

Couple of previews, the first from something I'll never post and the second from a collaboration I'm doing that you'll be seeing VERY soon! Obviously I handled the art side of this and the final product will be in full color. The guy's throwing away a half-eaten burger.
    Last edited by Maron; July 24th, 2012 at 10:20 AM. Reason: Don't litter, kids

More previews from the comic I did for someone as a collaboration. He's handling the colors so when he's finally done with that part I'll put the full thing up here. This is quite different from previous stuff I've done and put up here. For one I wasn't the writer so the language is very...colorful. I was given free reign to write the little introductory segment you see depicted in the first picture though.

Side by side comparison of a panel in COMIXSCAPE #4. The originally planned B&W version, and the just-finished color one I started last night. I'll try to see about incorporating color every now and then in the comics, or possibly even working with a colorist but for now it's all me. As usual I'll put up the 4th strip this Sunday.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information