Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: 2011 AP Awards Results, Congratulations, and Celebration Thread.

Default Re: 2011 AP Awards Results, Congratulations, and Celebration Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by captain usopp View Post
    tsktsktsk. you guys got it all wrong. *shakes head at winners for AP threads amongst other things.* :P
    Come on, even you should be able to acknowledge that no other thread came even remotely close to the Rock the Casbah thread.

Oh and you can't respect this year's queen without also respecting her king~

Quote Originally Posted by RobbyBevard View Post
    I made favorite mod again?

Apparently I haven't been nearly enough of an evil overlord this last year.
    Don't change Robby you're our lovable dictator.

Former Chief Warden Venomous Warden's Avatar

Congrats everyone, great year and i tip my hat to the newly crowned king and queen. I was in a few categories but i since i knew Nia was in them as well she would sweep the competion :P. Well done Nia and everyone who made this year awesome to be a part of

But know that I and my deadly poisons will return with much more potency next year, mark my words AP Magellan will have his day!!
    - Lurking around Arlong Park between dumps -
    ------

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    Come on, even you should be able to acknowledge that no other thread came even remotely close to the Rock the Casbah thread.

Oh and you can't respect this year's queen without also respecting her king~
    i acknowledge, I just don't agree. and really. really. you want me to respect you after how many times you've been an ass to me. I was gonna be quiet and say nothing, but if your bringing it up, then you gotta earn respect. keep tryin.

kinsune, what flavor of ice cream do you like? (you can say anything but chocolate chip mint)

back on the lighter side of things, there were a bunch of categories that were hard to choose for me. I coulda gone either way. I had to sit and think about them for a day. Like friendliest person. I did vote for BC, but I thought all the nominees for that category were very deserving. I wish I coulda given credit to them all.

@venomous warden: where do you hang out on the board. I don't know that i've seen you much? :)

The princess of Gifdom, the holy master of gif reactions, you deserved it my dear!

Quote Originally Posted by Dervish View Post
    And all is as it should be.
    Quite

Quote Originally Posted by RobbyBevard View Post
    I made favorite mod again?

Apparently I haven't been nearly enough of an evil overlord this last year.
    I think it was those adorable ponies that graced your avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Beast View Post
    Guys I found exclusive footage of The Sea's award celebration straight from vietnam

Perfect, I love you, you vast vast ocean of a Sea

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrissie View Post
    Make way for the Queen. Bitcheeeeezzzzz. B)

also, silence won most profound? congratulations. you must have done something pretty profound to beat our wolfwood. :) he's not got a challenger for next year.
    I musta cuz no one is more surprised (or flattered) than me!

Really.

Some of the choices were very tough (and as was mentioned, Most Friendly was something I felt all the noms shared) but I am VERY happy our Buster Call got her due, and just happy in general for all the winners and participants both. It's nice to be recognized! So grats on your wins, Nia, and your campaign, Hiroy! Sai, the competition was fierce I'm sure; bask in your victory! Enjoy being a dumbfounded Beast, Holy! Hold down the fort, Gekko (pimpin' ain't easy). And as for our AP (Cookie) Queen and King (many times over)...

Spoiler:

HAIL!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wagomu View Post
    There's a great lighthearted vibe around here, because no matter how serious we might get, we're all together because of some magical pirate.

I guess instead of posting a comic about my reaction saying "whatever", I should thank you guys for thinking of me, somehow.

For some reason, or another, you guys like me.

I don't know how to ever respond to any thing like this, forgive me.

i acknowledge, I just don't agree.
    THINK about that thread, and what it is. That thread was many amazing things, it was something beyond the scope of AP. It was a little niche fandom forum punching WAAAAY above it's belt into stuff better than actual major News outlets and major forums like SomethingAwful, or even just peers like Narutofan.

It was an amazing glimpse into the modern world. Of our generation. Using this new internet thing, people from all over the world, us young folk, reaching out and watching others our age rise up, fight, and die. A thread where it wasn't even just watching. It was also living. Where some people, some in the thick of that shit, could reach out and know they weren't alone in their frightening exciting chaotic current event. The world was watching and caring. Our users in Qatar, Egypt, Tunisia, and especially especially LIBYA had us on the other end of the phone, listening in, being there for them. It was a shared experience never really possible in history before this past decade or so.

Let me set it straight for you.
    It was a thread where the length of the silence between the posts of a user was the silence that made you wonder if they had been killed.

If you have some other thread for which that can be said, even remotely. I'd love to hear it.

and really. really. you want me to respect you after how many times you've been an ass to me. I was gonna be quiet and say nothing, but if your bringing it up, then you gotta earn respect. keep tryin.
    I don't think you understand what I meant by saying it matters that to respect the Queen you need to respect her royal spouse.
    Me and Chrissie are a package deal. You can't have us apart.

@Silence: I just as shocked and honored as you, Silence, about my own win. Although that might just be the cold/whatever it is I have clouding my thoughts, haha. But still. Thanks everyone, again; this actually gave me the motivation to finish a wip I had sitting on tegaki for the past two weeks. It's not much, but it's father that I would've been otherwise. :)

Honestly, I think everyone who won really deserved it. I can't see the line-up changed at all--and I have to once more say congrats to everyone, because they all earned it.
    Last edited by Sai-chan; February 4th, 2012 at 09:14 PM. Reason: Motivation is an artist's greatest friend.

I guess instead of posting a comic about my reaction saying "whatever", I should thank you guys for thinking of me, somehow.

For some reason, or another, you guys like me.

I don't know how to ever respond to any thing like this, forgive me.

Guys I found exclusive footage of The Sea's award celebration straight from vietnam

I'm nominating this for best post this year.
    Last edited by Hiroy; February 4th, 2012 at 10:02 PM. Reason: Seriously.

Wow! I appreciate the kudos and am quite shocked I won something. Id stay in character and post some sort of michael douglas related image, but I'm on a phone atm, so ill just say thank you all very much! Its nice to know that even though I havent been as active lately, I'm still being thought of by ya'll!

And of course, congrats to all the winners of the tourny!!

Quote Originally Posted by Luffyko View Post
    @Nolus: Did you make those epic moustache-cookies? xD
    I wish I could make cookies this classy~ :D

Discovered Stowaway piratemarimo's Avatar

Indeed, Gekko is the biggest pimp. Check. Congrats to the King and Queen.

HA!! Dan Vs. won?!! As it should be. (I do think it's funny how Ubiq is the one to post the results, but I sure as hell ain't complaining)

I hope the runner-up for biggest news story was the tsunami. For the most part it turned out as expected.

Poor Silverblade... Sadly I haven't won the award even if I voted for myself as well... Maybe next time

Quote Originally Posted by BartArt View Post
    The princess of Gifdom, the holy master of gif reactions, you deserved it my dear!
    Last edited by zachri; February 5th, 2012 at 03:56 AM. Reason: Still in [/leshock] that I actually won something!

Rats! Nia's Hattori beat my Dash avatar. Oh well, congrats Nia! I'm also super glad Community won Best TV Show of the Year, if only it was as popular in real life..... Surprised Dan Vs. bested MLP in the animated category, but it totally deserved it.

My congratulations to all winners! Great job! :)
    Last edited by MetaMario; February 5th, 2012 at 07:29 AM. Reason: Wow, my hat's off to Zephos, he won a lot

Quote Originally Posted by Silence View Post
    I musta cuz no one is more surprised (or flattered) than me!
    I've come to think of it as the one-track mind award, since that's the only sane reason i could think of for me getting it.

So now that you hold this lofty, and confusing honor you can't be beboping and scatting all over the place, you gotta pick a field and think deep.

Congratulations to everyone, I'm glad most of my choices won.

Love the thread and tournament winners. Congratulations to everyone who won or was even nominated! :)

Also:
    Spoiler:
    LONG LIVE THE ROYALS~!

At least, until next year.

Last edited by trappedolphin; February 5th, 2012 at 08:08 AM. Reason: Credits to my lovely queen~ <3
    Handsome man save me from the monsters.

Thread Information