Closed Thread
Page 1 of 511 1 2 3 11 51 101 501 ... LastLast

Thread: Fairy Tail Discussion III

Default Fairy Tail Discussion III

A new chapter's out, so might as well start up a new thread for another round of intelligent, erudite, and serious Fairy Tail discussion, befitting the serious and enlightened critics that we are.
    ~Stargazer~, ~Distance~ original stories.
    3DS Friend Code: 2234-8294-8917

Default Re: Fairy Tail Discussion III

Forgot that there was going to be a new thread.
    PSN Username: Scoogs50

THIS MANGA SUCKS!!!

But seriously, nothing groan-inducing this chapter. It was pretty enjoyable and tense at parts. I even liked the twist of hybrid dragons and how the fact that it looks like the manga will be delving into the relationship between a dragon slayer and his dragon (even if the two new characters are ending up being just another bunch of irredeemable villain bishies).

Let's see how long this keeps up.

stop stop stop
    A decent Fairy Tail chapter?
    What is this, whats happening

Good chapter overall, the only ehhh moment being the same main characters being the participants...

Well, that was good chapter, actually! I really liked the backgrounds this chapter. Looked nice. It's nice to have a confirmation that the "games" aren't just about fighting and who's the strongest, though that can change.
    But it's the same team as always in the competition again. Aw.

I'm having serious problems accepting the "fact" that those 2 killed their dragon parents. Bullshit incoming for sure...
    Theories : Buggy will become a shichibukai just cuz of the Impel Down lvl 6 prisioners behind him, Moria is alive but in a coma, Ivankov will find Sabo in the New World as 1 of the Rev. Army commanders, next nakama is a fishman something like a Great White

I groaned when the Sabertooth dragons claim they are "true" dragon slayers because they slayed their dragon mentors. I have a feeling that it's total BS.

But an interesting chapter. It lacks the quantity of fan-service from other chapters and instead replaces it with characterization.

Rogue and Sting aren't exactly villains though.
    Its like they're Natsu's rivals

I liked this chapter and lol at the whole sequence with Erza checking out the building.

That wasn't too bad. The main character's being picked for the tournament is so stupid though.
    PSN Username: Scoogs50

http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/59087367/7

So Laxus, Elfman and co, who all actualy trained for 3 months all get the shaft in favour of the default 5 same people.

............Sigh.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/59087367/12

My question: why doesn't she participate, instead of Lucy, who'se much less experienced ?

http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/59087367/13

So Gray is stupid enough to accept a bet where they lose a guild member if they lose, but gain absolutely nothing in return if they win simply because the other guy went "You scared or somethin ?".

Brilliant.

http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/59087367/16

Ah the emo has arrived. The ratings are once again secued.

http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/59087367/18

Should I bother to point out how there hasn't been a single dragon slayer yet who actualy beat a dragon in this whole series by now ?

And why do I think this is all going to get horribly retconned later ?

Overal, not bad, but just the same faults as usual. We once again have the exact same group, with Lucy and Wendy picked over Juvia for reasons I'm still not aware off, and it seems the people who actualy bothered to train were prevented by plot from once again doing anything.

SIGH.......

Those two are pinging the bullshit radar pretty high, there. They're just asking for Acnologia to swoop down and trash the place.

Finally, I can genuinely say, without a trace of irony or guilty pleasure-ness. I like the atmosphere of the bustling medieval capital city, and while I'm not counting on it, it would be nice if we actually got some world-building thanks to that. Erza was pretty funny too.

While I don't count on this to last, Mashima at least started the new year off on the right foot.
    ~Stargazer~, ~Distance~ original stories.
    3DS Friend Code: 2234-8294-8917

Hmm... I just now noticed that these narrations are basically Lucy writing her book. Bestseller material right here.

So let's summarise the message concerning Natsu and co.

Lie, procrastinate, cheat and do drugs and somehow you'll still be ontop of everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by igetownd View Post
    I groaned when the Sabertooth dragons claim they are "true" dragon slayers because they slayed their dragon mentors. I have a feeling that it's total BS.
    It was just an impression I had, but then again, this seems very likely now that you say that.

Quote Originally Posted by Crossword View Post
    Those two are pinging the bullshit radar pretty high, there. They're just asking for Acnologia to swoop down and trash the place.

Finally, I can genuinely say, without a trace of irony or guilty pleasure-ness. I like the atmosphere of the bustling medieval capital city, and while I'm not counting on it, it would be nice if we actually got some world-building thanks to that. Erza was pretty funny too.

While I don't count on this to last, Mashima at least started the new year off on the right foot.
    Meh, I found the world building to be pretty unimpressive myself. The castle looks pretty cool but nothing special but what struck me more was how vacant it looked. It's supposed to be a hustling and bustling city but there were barely any people and the only things we saw was your standard market stalls. But whatever, still an okay chapter.

Is Juvia really going to leave the guild if Fairy Tail loses?
    What's going on with Laxus and Gajeel?
    Are Rogue and Sting really all their hyped up to be?
    Is Wendy going to be kidnapped by an imp?
    Will Erza ever stop playing cards by herself?

So a new chapter begins, for FT and a discussion thread.
    Last edited by Outerspec; January 6th, 2012 at 08:48 AM.
    Everything's Eventual...

You know. I was gettiong worried that some idiot would have merged the new thread in that awful NarutoxBleach thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiroy View Post
    You know. I was gettiong worried that some idiot would have merged the new thread in that awful NarutoxBleach thread.
    Awful ?

Yeah. You can read sentences right?
    Last edited by Hiroy; January 6th, 2012 at 08:47 AM. Reason: Forget it. The thread is a great thread. There I said it. Now stop being all sensitive over an awful thread on a forum

Closed Thread

Thread Information