Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Closing Ceremonies: Hall of Fame OP Character Tournament 2011

Default Re: Closing Ceremonies: Hall of Fame OP Character Tournament 2011

Great job guys!!!

Quote Originally Posted by joesephes View Post
    Yeah, something that was NOT made by me and was NOT made exclusively for the tournament since it is something that was drawn by one of the artists that i commissioned for one of my projects that i used since i didn't have anything made for the tourny at the time, unlike those two i mentioned earlier that are made soley by me, both that are exclusively for the tournament. Honestly to me, it makes me feel like all that work i did was for nothing. Ugh, now i feel even worse than before.
    Here's an idea, why don't you just be happy that Robin won? How can you feel like all your hard work was for nothing when all your hard work lead to your most important goal? ROBIN WON THE 2011 AP CHARACTER TOURNAMENT!!! Surely this is not nothing. This is in fact something very important and you should be proud of what you and many other Robin supporters achieved. Not having your campaign show up in a closing ceremony is so very insignificant when you look at the bigger picture.

And if this is really bothering you I'm sure you can just post your campaign now in spoiler tags so that everyone can see what you're harping on.
    Everything's Eventual...

Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Here's an idea, why don't you just be happy that Robin won? How can you feel like all your hard work was for nothing when all your hard work lead to your most important goal? ROBIN WON THE 2011 AP CHARACTER TOURNAMENT!!! Surely this is not nothing. This is in fact something very important and you should be proud of what you and many other Robin supporters achieved. Not having your campaign show up in a closing ceremony is so very insignificant when you look at the bigger picture.

And if this is really bothering you I'm sure you can just post your campaign now in spoiler tags so that everyone can see what you're harping on.
    This really , and not every pic and such can be in it , just go on.

Next year I shall use Gimp and get better campaigns!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Inferno View Post
    You are a treasure.

Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Here's an idea, why don't you just be happy that Robin won? How can you feel like all your hard work was for nothing when all your hard work lead to your most important goal? ROBIN WON THE 2011 AP CHARACTER TOURNAMENT!!! Surely this is not nothing. This is in fact something very important and you should be proud of what you and many other Robin supporters achieved. Not having your campaign show up in a closing ceremony is so very insignificant when you look at the bigger picture.And if this is really bothering you I'm sure you can just post your campaign now in spoiler tags so that everyone can see what you're harping on.
    *Sigh* you know what? You're right. I guess that when i think hall of fame, I kept thinking that its super important, like it shows that you accomplshed something, or it is considered as the hightest honur. And now i see that its not really that big of deal now that i realized it. thanks for reminding me.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

As for posting both campiagns, i can't do that right now since i am not on my computer at the moment. I'll post them later so don't worry. :)
    ****THE NICO ROBIN: ROKUSHIKI PROJECT****
    Go here for the project and here for the thread! (UPDATE 9/4/19)
    ****THE HUAQUANDAO STYLE PROJECT***
    Go here or here (UPDATE 05/10/14)

it's because you're human.
    we all crave special recognition on varying levels, it's one of the most effective ways of self-affirming our worth and existence.
    it's one of the founding motivations of competition.

but yeah, as the others said, the result you wanted was achieved! so celebrate and feel happy! :)

---------------------------------[Youtube]-[Patreon]-[Twitter]---------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by mdl View Post
    We all crave special recognition on varying levels, it's one of the most effective ways of self-affirming our worth and existence.
    It's one of the founding motivations of competition.

But yeah, as the others said, the result you wanted was achieved! So celebrate and feel happy! :)
    ^ this ^

Quote Originally Posted by tigerlilly View Post
    Yeah we hear you gyus, and sorry for not putting in all the campaigns who deserved to be in.
    But the thing was, that with the great amount of campaigns we had to skip a couple of rounds and slim down the amount of campaigns, especially youtube vids who made everything lag even more.
    Please believe me when we say there was no ill intent from our side when your campaigns didn't make it in.
    We hope you can still enjoy the little gallery nontheless! :)
    Thanks for the clear-up! Also I would like to thank Old Spice for making this a tournament worth entering in. And motion that Old Spice be the Unofficial Sponsor of the 2012 AP Forums Character Tournament.

Quote Originally Posted by MDL View Post
    we all crave special recognition on varying levels, it's one of the most effective ways of self-affirming our worth and existence.
    it's one of the founding motivations of competition.

but yeah, as the others said, the result you wanted was achieved! so celebrate and feel happy! :)
    Thanks, and I will....

Spoiler:

.....with BOOS!!!!

Anyways, here are the two campaigns that I was talking about.

Here's the fan comic one that I made for the Robin vs Usopp match. Now honestly, I didn't really care about this one not making it in since I find it to be average at best. And just to let you all know, this was very first attempt at making a fan comic with pics from the manga and such so don't expect any tigerlily, Gekko, RD, or even Tara-chan quality here.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Now here is the video one that I made for the Robin vs Enel match. Now this one is the one that I am actually bummed out about not making it in. Granted its not perfect, but it did really helped Robin gain a greater lead against Enel.

Spoiler:

Now that I showed you all the two, I am out! Also, I want to apologize to everyone for the way that I acted over this crap. I'd kept believing that Hall of fame is the highest honor and got caught up in it so much that I forgot what was more important. I guess you could say that my pride got the better of me. lol

Once again, thanks for the great tourny guys! Later!

Oh and just for the heck of it:

Spoiler:
    Last edited by joesephes; September 17th, 2011 at 05:59 AM.

I feel honored to have been a part of it this year. Great job everyone!

Great job to everyone, this tournament was a good one.

So many impressive campaigns....

Awww, some of my Zoro campaigns made it in. *sniff* So proud.

It was fun. ^___^

Who Would've thought it Sougigo's Avatar

Wonderfull tournament guys, some of my campaigns were showed too, altough my name was wrong i'm still happy xD congratz Robin!

I can't wait till next year!
    I expect to see even MORE amazing campaigns!

I'm tempted to do a little cleaning, but i'll just re-post this to reiterate:

Quote Originally Posted by tigerlilly View Post
    But the thing was, that with the great amount of campaigns we had to skip a couple of rounds and slim down the amount of campaigns, especially youtube vids who made everything lag even more.
    Please believe me when we say there was no ill intent from our side when your campaigns didn't make it in.
    We hope you can still enjoy the little gallery nontheless! :)

Bolded important points for easy access and understanding.

Can't really be much clearer than that. So please try to focus on enjoying the thread and festivities.

Spoiler:

please

Quote Originally Posted by Gekko135 View Post
    I'm tempted to do a little cleaning, but i'll just re-post this to reiterate:

Bolded important points for easy access and understanding.

Can't really be much clearer than that. So please try to focus on enjoying the thread and festivities.

Never heard truer words said...
    well, that's a lie, I have, but still.
    Obviously that sentence there wans't one of them...
    I'll just shut up now.
    Can't wait for next year ;D
    Third year of the tournament for me then~
    Gonna get mai bois as far as I can... as long as peeps help support 8'D

Sooooo..

How many of us are gonna enter next year's tournament?

Sooooo..

How many of us are gonna enter next year's tournament?
    I'm definitely in!
    I'll be backing the following peeps as well as a few others I guess (in no particular order after the first three):
    Hidden:
    Law (nuff said)
    Apoo (second fav Supernova, and I think he be in my second fav One Piece characters also...)
    Iceburg (BLUE FOX. nuffsaid.)
    Gin ([/whistles])
    Moriah (Cause SOMEONE has to do it!)
    Jyabura (idk why, might be because he reminds me a little of Xigbar...)
    Spandam... (not like he'll make it past the prelims, but oh well, y'never know)
    Drake (CHIN POWAH)
    Buggy (unless he ends up against any of the above characters... especially Law, seeming as how AskLaw and AskBuggy know each other irl and how those two seem to interaact funnily X@D usually with Buggy's loss...)

I don't know if I am going to participate in the next one or not. But if I do, Robin or Lucci all the way!

I don't know if I am going to participate in the next one or not. But if I do, Robin or Lucci all the way!
    You should, it's always fun 8'D
    albeit despite me saying that I always tend to hold a few little grudges...
    like... last years tournament...
    HOW CAN I FORGET LAST YEAR AFTER WHAT SHIT WENT DOWN?!
    I...I...
    [/corner of sorrows]

ya guys. i missed a lot of good campaigns, so please. post any of yours that were missed. :) I'd love to see them.

It's hard work going through all those threads looking for every single campaign. anything that was missed was unintentional. I think it was great lily and the others decided to do this at all. Thank you so much guys.

Thread Information