+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Borderlands 2

Default Borderlands 2

Don't know how many people here are fans of the first game, but I loved it and am incredibly excited about the sequel.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...nfirmed-source

Game Informer's going to officially break the news in their september issue.
    In fact, the cover has been revealed
    Spoiler:

Here's the official website: http://www.borderlands2.com/

Also, the game is available for pre order now, no official release date though.

Default Re: Borderlands 2

You know, just the other day, I was wondering when they'd make a sequel to this.

Now I know. My question is: what will be the playable characters this time around?

Hopefully they

- Dial back the humor or find a proper balance between the humor & the (rarely seen) drama.
    - Add a story worth caring about.
    - Make NPC's/story related characters have more of an impact to the story or mission(s) instead of being static.
    - Either go with the gun customization system they considered for and scrapped from the first game or have a specific set of weapons.
    - Fix the driving controls

I've put off getting the first game more times than I can count. Ultimately I hear if you don't have friends to play it with, then forget it.

Quote Originally Posted by Buuhan1 View Post
    I've put off getting the first game more times than I can count. Ultimately I hear if you don't have friends to play it with, then forget it.
    I've only seen this applied to a boss you fight in "Mad Moxxie's Underdrome Riot".

I was in a GameStop with the GOTY edition in my hands for $20. I asked the store clerk what he thought and he said "You need friends to enjoy it." I then pulled out my phone and tweeted, and a twitter peep replied "If you have friends."

Sooo, yeah.

I played 95% of the game solo and totally loved it. It's better with friends for sure, but it's not worthless in the least as a solo experience. Just think of it in terms of Diablo. If you'd only play Diablo co-op then forget about it, but if you played it solo, you'll be fine.

^ I pretty much played the first game solo too and while it is a bit harder playing by yourself it's no less fun.

I played through the game by myself, and I really, really enjoyed. I'm sure it would have been better with friends, but even playing solo it was a great experience.

As a singleplayer game it's good, and as a multiplayer game it's great.

Does anyone want to play Borderlands 1 on PS3 with me?

I'm level 40, beat the game and Zombie DLC, playing Knox right now.

Also, never played co-op even once.

Quote Originally Posted by Buuhan1 View Post
    I was in a GameStop with the GOTY edition in my hands for $20. I asked the store clerk what he thought and he said "You need friends to enjoy it." I then pulled out my phone and tweeted, and a twitter peep replied "If you have friends."

Sooo, yeah.
    Quote Originally Posted by stephen View Post
    I played 95% of the game solo and totally loved it. It's better with friends for sure, but it's not worthless in the least as a solo experience. Just think of it in terms of Diablo. If you'd only play Diablo co-op then forget about it, but if you played it solo, you'll be fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    ^ I pretty much played the first game solo too and while it is a bit harder playing by yourself it's no less fun.
    The game does... feel kind of lonely without someone else there. If you can play online though, you always have that option.

I played the whole game through Bro-op. It was amazing.

Berserker was ridiculous.

The game needed more... "life" though, the world felt boring even with all the psychopaths and carnage.
    if you want to check out my game progress: http://soggybreadgm.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by pyromonki View Post

The game needed more... "life" though, the world felt boring even with all the psychopaths and carnage.
    Gearbox was too worried about trying to make the game funny to be worried about that.

Speaking of which another thing I hope they fix are the node points.

BUMP

Some tidbits from the September Issue Of Game Informer.

Spoiler:

- Game takes place five years after the first game.
    - The Main Antagonist of the game is a man named "Handsome Jack" who now owns the Hyperion Corporation and is using the money and power he has to subjugate the planet and all it's citizens.
    - Four new main characters.
    - One of the new main characters is named Salvador who is a "Gunzerker" (variant of the Berserker) whose active ability is dual wielding any weapon in the game.
    -
    Part of the story involves tracking down/rescuing the original four characters while the other half involves killing Handsome Jack for earlier slight.
    - The developers are aware of some of the gameplay mechanics in the sequel being broken but intend to keep some of that in such as the Gunzerker's active ability.
    - Some of the areas in the game are larger than the areas from the first game.
    - New Animations
    - Enemies are more responsive and lifelike.
    - Dynamic branching missions i.e. missions can play out or end differently depending on what the player does or fails to do in certain missions.
    - Enemies use certain tactics like healing injured enemies or giving buffs to lesser enemies.
    - Missions are no longer static.
    - Story missions are around three times the size of a single story mission from the first game.
    - They're attempting to make every vehicle in the game a four-seater (for co-op_ along with adding hi-res models and textures, and better collision detection.
    - New enemies and classes such as the Bullymong (a four armed ape like monster) that specializes in throwing objects at the player. And the Nomad a new class of Bandit.
    - Skill trees feature more defined abilities as opposed to simple stat boosts.
    - A new element named "Eridium" can be used in multiple ways such as boosting the power of an elemental weapon or being used as currency for more powerful weapons.
    - Each of the gun manufacturer's guns has a theme associated with it not only from a visual standpoint but a gameplay standpoint.
    - Character dialog during co-op will be similar to Left 4 Dead instead of consisting of just one-liners.
    - Npcs are fully animated and more responsive

I hope they add four player split screen. I know they most likely won't, but it's ridiculous how many FPS games don't have four player split screen, while managing 32 players online matches perfectly.

When i saw the teaser at E3 I fucking nergasmed all over the place. it was so messy.

I'm a level 69 Hunter, I've beaten the game twice and all of the DLC's, I hear the game will be mod ready when it comes out? I hope so, But i also hope that i can still use my willow tree and i don't have to find something new to mod weapons.

I hope the story this time around is more engaging and more character driven rather then runnign around to finish every mission with ranom cutscenes and little to no plot. Because I'll be honest, the first game's storyline was weaker then shit. the DLC's however were awesome and enjoyable! But yes, I'm hoping the main story missions and even the big boss fights have meaning and reason in them. other wise it'll just be another "Gun Collector Game" like the first one.
    Last edited by Kaze; August 18th, 2011 at 10:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Insider2000 View Post
    I hope they add four player split screen. I know they most likely won't, but it's ridiculous how many FPS games don't have four player split screen, while managing 32 players online matches perfectly.
    4 player split screen is one thing for co-op another thing for Competitive multiplayer where shit gets crazy most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    BUMP

Some tidbits from the September Issue Of Game Informer.

Spoiler:

- Game takes place five years after the first game.
    - The Main Antagonist of the game is a man named "Handsome Jack" who now owns the Hyperion Corporation and is using the money and power he has to subjugate the planet and all it's citizens.
    - Four new main characters.
    - One of the new main characters is named Salvador who is a "Gunzerker" (variant of the Berserker) whose active ability is dual wielding any weapon in the game.
    -
    Part of the story involves tracking down/rescuing the original four characters while the other half involves killing Handsome Jack for earlier slight.
    - The developers are aware of some of the gameplay mechanics in the sequel being broken but intend to keep some of that in such as the Gunzerker's active ability.
    - Some of the areas in the game are larger than the areas from the first game.
    - New Animations
    - Enemies are more responsive and lifelike.
    - Dynamic branching missions i.e. missions can play out or end differently depending on what the player does or fails to do in certain missions.
    - Enemies use certain tactics like healing injured enemies or giving buffs to lesser enemies.
    - Missions are no longer static.
    - Story missions are around three times the size of a single story mission from the first game.
    - They're attempting to make every vehicle in the game a four-seater (for co-op_ along with adding hi-res models and textures, and better collision detection.
    - New enemies and classes such as the Bullymong (a four armed ape like monster) that specializes in throwing objects at the player. And the Nomad a new class of Bandit.
    - Skill trees feature more defined abilities as opposed to simple stat boosts.
    - A new element named "Eridium" can be used in multiple ways such as boosting the power of an elemental weapon or being used as currency for more powerful weapons.
    - Each of the gun manufacturer's guns has a theme associated with it not only from a visual standpoint but a gameplay standpoint.
    - Character dialog during co-op will be similar to Left 4 Dead instead of consisting of just one-liners.
    - Npcs are fully animated and more responsive
    :O
    :O

:O!!!!!! YEAH
    if you want to check out my game progress: http://soggybreadgm.tumblr.com/

it's really feking hot here, that's for sure

oh hai guyz

Wish I could've gotten a free voucher for Borderlands 2.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information