+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Dan Vs. The Lack of a Dan Vs. Thread.

Default Re: Dan Vs. The Lack of a Dan Vs. Thread.

So is Dan Vs. the first Hub show to get a Season 1 boxset or merely the first one to get a boxset this quickly?

Wait, have G.I. Joe Renegades even have any episodes on DVD?
    Complicating things since 2009.

oh shit, totally forgot about this series. still need to finish catching up.
    i may get some extra enjoyment out of it too if i start right now, considering how my mood's been for the past few hours.
    come on Dan, entertain me with your hatred. B]

---------------------------------[Youtube]-[Patreon]-[Twitter]---------------------------------

New episode tomorrow.

Dan Vs The Wedding.

Upset that the girl he loves is getting married, Dan cons his way into the wedding party and attempts to ruin the wedding from within.

So, Hortense, Becky, or somebody that we've never seen before?

One difference between this season and last is Chris' willingness to take shots at Dan.
    Hi-di-de-di-do!
    Last edited by Ubiq; March 24th, 2012 at 05:14 PM.

Dan vs. The Dinosaur. Oh man, I just know this is going to be epic.

I love it when Dan goes up against something outrageous.

Season 3 starts November 9th with Dan vs Anger Management.

So far the other announced titles are:

Dan vs The Mummy
    Dan Vs The Ski Trip
    Dan Vs The Common Cold
    Dan Vs The Boss
    Dan Vs The High School Reunion

Apparently some of the episodes were made for season 2 and were used to pad out the season to thirteen episodes.

cool i'll be home then so i'll actually be able to watch in real-time

Treasure Cruise ID: 785,854,335
    LS Zoro looking 4 Vivis

The article I got the first title from said the 9th while other sources are saying the 17th.

The 17th seems a lot more likely actually since the show has always premiered on a Saturday.

Season three starts tomorrow with Dan Vs. Anger Management.

Default Dan Vs

Dan Vs was a pretty cool show about a jerk with a temper getting revenge on people, places, or even concepts that wronged him in some fashion. He had a vest friend named Chris who was married Elise who was secretly (even to Chris/Dan) an agent. There was a lot of really great humor in it and it kind of bordered that it cartoony enough to be a kids show but had enough adult concepts in it that it could be a adult show. It never stepped between the lines and stayed in this awkward in between. Early in its run Hub had crossover promos called Dan vs Pinkie Pie of My Little Pony fame.

The show lasted 3 seasons and got one excellent Season 1 DVD release (with an episode in animatic form) and was announced by Dan's voice actor Curtis Armstrong that the show was canceled in 2013. The show wasn't put on the Hub's upfront, but Hub would go on record saying that show was on hiatus. Today the creator posted this on the facebook fanpage;

You know, I keep getting asked if something else is going to happen with the show. I honestly don't know. We were never cancelled, they just stopped paying to make them. And then the channel died. But there are still lawyers who tell me I can't give you deleted scenes, I can't give you already fully thought out episode pitches for a season that has yet to come, and they're still keeping my "work" email turned on (which they usually shut down before you get to your car), and it's all very cryptic as to why. So, in conclusion, either there is a future something somewhere in the future, or they're just trying to keep our demise as quiet as they kept our run!
    Kind of feel bad for the show. It'd be neat if this was another show that Netflix picked up and added a season.

Default Re: Dan Vs

Starz Media has all of the episodes up on Youtube in HD.

Damn that sucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

whoa what the heck. This show really just fell off the radar :( What a shame.

LS Zoro looking 4 Vivis

Quote Originally Posted by taboo View Post
    whoa what the heck. This show really just fell off the radar :( What a shame.
    The scheduling got really weird during Season 2; the ratings were never great or even really good to be honest, but shuffling it around certainly didn't help. They didn't really promote it as much later on as they did when it first came out either.

Not that I'm surprised that they didn't know what to do with it; Dan Vs. was always an odd choice for The Hub to begin. It's pretty mean-spirited at times and there was no real merchandising appeal for kids. I'm not sure that it was a good choice for any kids network though.

Cartoon Network's daytime standards and practices probably wouldn't have given them as much freedom and Adult Swim probably would have given them too much. Nick would have just banished it to Nicktoons after a few episodes and it'd never play on Disney.

The scheduling got really weird during Season 2; the ratings were never great or even really good to be honest, but shuffling it around certainly didn't help. They didn't really promote it as much later on as they did when it first came out either.

Not that I'm surprised that they didn't know what to do with it; Dan Vs. was always an odd choice for The Hub to begin. It's pretty mean-spirited at times and there was no real merchandising appeal for kids. I'm not sure that it was a good choice for any kids network though.

Cartoon Network's daytime standards and practices probably wouldn't have given them as much freedom and Adult Swim probably would have given them too much. Nick would have just banished it to Nicktoons after a few episodes and it'd never play on Disney.
    Its in a weird limbo of being a kid show and an adult show. It has theme's, scenarios, and characterizations that would work on say like Fox's prime time with Simpsons or Bob's Burgers, but a lot of the humor, design, and styles lends towards kid show whacky. If the aged up the script and took out some of the more kid-minded elements that seemed sensor it could do well on Fox or Adult Swim. But not in its current form. I do like the show a lot and own the DVD.

honestly i'd give it to Adult Swim and let them run wild with it

If it stayed at the Venture Bros level of 'adultness' i'd be great with that

LS Zoro looking 4 Vivis

Huh, I just looked on Youtube and Starz Media requires that you pay for those Dan Vs. episodes now. That kinda sucks seeing as how they were on there for free for at least six months.

Quote Originally Posted by ubiq View Post
    huh, i just looked on youtube and starz media requires that you pay for those dan vs. Episodes now. That kinda sucks seeing as how they were on there for free for at least six months.
    curse you starz media!!!
    Last edited by Green_vs_Red; April 15th, 2015 at 02:06 PM. Reason: Can't write it in all caps :V
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Gonna bump this one for ole Dan

Me checking the bumped thread for a miracle revival announcement:

---------------------------------[Youtube]-[Patreon]-[Twitter]---------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by MDL View Post
    Me checking the bumped thread for a miracle revival announcement:

https://i.gyazo.com/bbd1c8c4cff6d88b...5d9b46fb37.png
    It may just be closer then you think.

Anyway uh, let me just do this.........
    DAN VS FANDOM STUFF

MESSAGEBOARD: http://dan-vs.freeforums.net/
    DA GROUP: https://www.deviantart.com/dan-vs-fanzone
    DISCORD: https://discord.gg/FtrGgnf
    FANDOM BLOG: https://danvsblog.blogspot.com/
    SUBREDDIT: https://www.reddit.com/r/Danvs/

+ Reply to Thread