+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 378 "Damage Condition" Discussion

Thanks for the translation Ocean. Even though I know the answer is next Thursday, I'm going to ask it anyways, because I think the next chapter will be Nico Robin and Franky meeting Spanda. Will he spill his coffee on his lap again? Is the reason he keeps spilling his coffee because someone gave him a trick mug? Only the next chapter will tell.

Sooo...In a Don Kreigish voice... "When is the next Chapter coming out?"
    If I think I'm insane, does it mean I'm not? Because a truly insane person wouldn't know that they are insane?

o_o That chapter was amazing, Luffy kicking ass. Didn't expect the Storm So much action.. thanks for the chapter. I can't wait for 379 now :( Go Oda-sama!!

Quote Originally Posted by SaiyaJedi
    *looks at chapter*

Hmm... is that Pandaman I see at the top of page 16 (the right side of the two-panel Gomu-Gomu Storm), or is it just the LQ-ness of the scans?
    well he was in the crowd in the last chapter so it could be him (i can't check right now)
    He spent fifteen years getting loaded | Fifteen years 'till his liver exploded | Now what's Bob gonna do now that he can't drink? |

~reading now

Thanks a bundle [reqz] & ocean. =)

The Square Sisters used a tandem sword technique.

That totally made my day.

thanks for the chapter and translation!!

Quote Originally Posted by Iceberg
    you know what would be great? it's kinda impossible but, it would be great!

if sogeking, isn't really usopp !!!
    But that would mean Usopp didn't do all that awesome stuff! T_T Nooo!!

Hmm, but it is a possibility:
    After the battle, everyone insists on seeing SogeKing's face. Usopp then escapes his angry friends and hides behind something. After that, he abandoned his disguise and secretly conjures up a dummy, an exact replica of the SogeKing. The dummy looks like a figure of SogeKing with his robes around his body (covering him from neck to toe).

The others spotted this figure, seized him and took off his mask. They were surprised to see that no one is in there; inside the cape, there is nothing. Behind the mask, emptiness.

Therefore they conclude that "SogeKing" is a summoned spirit that helps them when there is need.

Quote Originally Posted by changsho
    But that would mean Usopp didn't do all that awesome stuff! T_T Nooo!!

Hmm, but it is a possibility:
    After the battle, everyone insists on seeing SogeKing's face. Usopp then escapes his angry friends and hides behind something. After that, he abandoned his disguise and secretly conjures up a dummy, an exact replica of the SogeKing. The dummy looks like a figure of SogeKing with his robes around his body (covering him from neck to toe).

When the others spotted this figure take off its mask, they are surprised to see that no one is in there; inside the cape, there is nothing. Behind the mask, emptiness.

Therefore they conclude that "SogeKing" is a summoned spirit that helps them when there is need.
    And then Usopp shows up, Luffy got suprised and asked what was the hell he doing here, Usopp said that he hitched a ride in the sea train. But Sanji, Zoro, Nami and Franky angerliy points at Usopp and shouted "Your Sogeking!!!!" Usopp then ran to the ocean screaming "I'am not!!!!" he dive into the ocean and got eaten by a sea king thus Usopp was forever gone untie the end of the world, Luffy saw that an m+++++++++tes. This this day the Straw Hats are broken.
    Currently writing a book

https://www.facebook.com/redjoekido

One piece goodness making my day. ta to all involved

Great chapter! Thanks everyone!

It's nice to see that Oda isn't wasting any time here. Some other authors could have dragged out that battle with the giants over a couple chapters. It was fun watching the FF/G-L crew taking them out with relative ease.

You gotta love how much Spandam is underestimating Luffy. That guy is gonna get his ass handed to him, and I'm loving every moment that builds up to it. I wonder how many of those guards Luffy will defeat before Spandam realizes what he's up against. Knowing that bastard, even if Luffy finishes all 10,000 he'll probably still think Luffy is nothing.

Also seems that Nami might be heading into battle once more with less than a complete understanding of her weapon. This should prove to be amusing at the very least, and I am rather curious as to what new attacks Usopp has packed into it. Ah, so much goodness, and so much more to look foward to. Oda rocks!

Spandam: Main Gate Units, Report!!!
    *thinks*hum... everything is silent so they must have defeated the StrawHat. i`ll continue to spill hot coffe on me
    baka^ni

Quote Originally Posted by joekido the Second
    And then Usopp shows up, Luffy got suprised and asked what was the hell he doing here, Usopp said that he hitched a ride in the sea train. But Sanji, Zoro, Nami and Franky angerliy points at Usopp and shouted "Your Sogeking!!!!" Usopp then ran to the ocean screaming "I'am not!!!!" he dive into the ocean and got eaten by a sea king thus Usopp was forever gone untie the end of the world, Luffy saw that an m+++++++++tes. This this day the Straw Hats are broken.
    Joe, I wasn't kidding ^^;

Yay! Chappy!

Nami: Nee, SogeKing, about the usage of
    Nami: this chill stick...
    Kokor: Let us go now...
    Soge: Eeeei, don't ask me!
    Uh-oh!:laugh:

Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible. - Frank Zappa

I thought of something silly. Just a note in no way do I expect this to happen:

Now I was thinking how entertaining it could be if at the end of this arc it ends ups that Franky as well as the whole Franky family join the strawhats. Now listen to my silly theory that makes no sense and will not happen.

So how I see it, for the Strawhats to get a new ship they'll need someone to build it, as well it doesn't seem likely that just one person could constantly keep repairing the whole ship. So why not a whole group of people to do that?

I only started thinking about this because of how Shanks has a huge pirate fleet as well as Whitebeard having his 2 gigantic fleets of pirates. They are both nice guys and tend to pay attention to everyone in their fleets.

Yeah, I always thought that it wouldn't be too improbable for the FF to come along as well, provided the new vessel was of decent size. But, if Franky gets a bounty on his head (and he most likely will), then I could see him telling his Family that they'd be better off staying in Water 7.

the bigot who thinks being an asshole is actually worth shit

I finally get to reply!

Okay:

Luffy rocks. That was almost as nasty as what he did in the last chapter. Zoro had actually battled those 100, Luffy ripped through five times that amount, head on. Yeah, Zoro was weaker, but still. And Oda finally has the enemy acknowledge Luffy....

Pauly, Zanbai, Lulu, Tileston, and the sisters make a great team. I would have been annoyed if their group-style wasn't so fresh. But really, now it's time for the Straw hats.

Speaking of which, the ending was pretty anti-climatic. "Cut this, swordsman!" "Okay." That gate had better be twice as thick as a normal gate...

I've been thinking the same thing. While it's not all too probable, the FF joining the crew is entirly possible. My only problem with this is that there are far too many of them for us to really get to know each of them and that would go completly against Oda's style of having the story focus on the development of the characters in the crew.

Even if the FF doesn't join though, I think that the Strawhats will now be seen as having a crew of some 50+ just because of the FF's assistence. Should be fun when the Marines are coming after them expecting a decent sized crew and encounter a group of less than 10. They'll be like wtf, are these the right guys?

Um, both Franky & Pauly are both fairly durable guys and I don't think this new ship will be the Titanic here. So I don't think it's necessary to clutter up the new ship with 60 guys/girls just to fix/maintain the one vessel.

Also taking into account how incredibley skilled & strong shipwrights they both are, I'd think just one would be more than enough.

I'm just covering all my bases. >:O

..and I'm vainly hoping we see a lot more of Zambai in the future.

the bigot who thinks being an asshole is actually worth shit

Personally, I think Zambai could be the new head of the Franky Family at the end of this arc. Just feels like Oda's really pushing this once no-name, generic goon, into this formidable leader. I feel that he's on equal footing with Pauly at this stage, so he's definitely moved up in the world since a few chapters ago.

minnatrix

Kinda felt ripped off when I saw Gomu Gomu Storm, it was basicly the same thing as Gomu Gomu Gatling.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information