+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 621: Otohime and Tiger

Default Re: Chapter 621: OTOHIME AND TIGER

Quote Originally Posted by sanji499 View Post
    The kid who got slapped by the queen looked like Hodi on page 8.

http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/58373218/8
    The kid doesn't look like a shark though, which Hodi is.

Quote Originally Posted by triforcebih View Post
    The baby was probably small... And then grew up fast ? Only reasonable explnaation or... They lay eggs.... ? And the baby got big in the egg O_O ?
    Sure, most fish (and underwater creatures) lay eggs. And most of the time there is no penetration too (I won't go into technical descriptions, DuckDuckGo is your friend)

Default Re: Chapter 621: Otohime and Tiger

It's a miracle that Otohime can walk let alone dodge bullets after giving birth to Shirahoshi

Quote Originally Posted by Maju View Post
    we did.it's the fishman who tried to kidnap caimie
    thanks for the clarification

Apart from that, it is definitely an exciting flashback. I wonder if the WG cause the queen's death as well.

The Devil's best friend.

Great chapter! But Arlong having mercy? That is just weird.
    Don't forget, this is Arlong before Fisherman Tiger died and that he was pressured by Jimbei. He's obviously not as cruel back then, as he was in the Arlong Park arc.
    Now if this was current Arlong, after the humans denied access to their blood to save Tigers life then he would have not tolerated a fishmen living amongst humans peacefully, at least not without cash.

Discovered Stowaway

Quote Originally Posted by GoustiFruit View Post
    Sure, most fish (and underwater creatures) lay eggs. And most of the time there is no penetration too (I won't go into technical descriptions, DuckDuckGo is your friend)
    In the SBS of Vol. 10 Oda said that Fishmen are mammals so there are no eggs (I'm just going to assume that mermaids are mammals too since they can mate with fishmen).

FROG? NO. HIPPO.

I definitely like Queen Otohime..her twisted personality of being on the one side a fighter for morality and freedom and on the other hand feeling guilty for everything and crying for it. Yeah, a bit overdrawn, but thats typical for Oda.(manga in general)
    Also her outfit is rly stylish..that kimono rly suits her.

That the sun-pirates just founded themself to protect Fisher Tiger was something i didn`t rly expect.
    I always thought they would have already existed.
    Iam a bit disappointed that besides Makro no other fishman is mentioned which could have took later an importnat role as a crewmember of Jinbe or something like that.

Seeing that Jinbe was to that point of time even more against humans as most of the rest of the crew shows that Jinbe learned it the hard way...iam curious what Oda will show us in that flashback that made him face the other direction of ideology.
    I guess Queen Otohime will maybe sacrifice herself and by that Jinbe sees it as his duty to follow her believe.
    UnrevealedVegapunk/Ryokugyu/Loki/Rocks/Im-san/C.Gaban
    IslandElbaf/Raftel/GodValley
    UnresolvedWeevil´s plan/Explaining DFs/Deal with Kuma/Bonney´s past/Joy-Boy/Zunisha´s story/Roger/Rocks flashback/Void Century/Rioponeglyph/last ancient weapon/the D.clan
    DFSpider/Wind/Metal/Wood/Acid/Liquid/Time-Stop

Also happy to see it was clarified that Jimbei, Arlong, and Hachi were not among the slaves freed by Fisher Tiger and simply joined up with him when the Sunny Pirates formed. So far Hancock, Marigold, and Sandersonia seem to be the only former slaves we've met at this point.

I'm wondering if Oda is going to go into a multi-layer flashback in this situation (Urasawa style) where he backtracks to explain the catalyst for Tiger attacking the Tenryuubito.

So...the "Noah" district...the big arc looking thing...the Fishmen / Mermaids tried to migrate to the surface before? Plus there's a poneglyph on Fishman Island...maybe ties back into the Weapons as well and the void century. Makes sense that any long lasting civilization like Fishman Island, Alabasta, Shandora / Skypiea would have been entrusted with protecting the poneglyphs. I love when the story arcs like FI, Skypiea, or even Marineford get tied back into the overall story of the Void Century.
    Luffy, Zoro, Nami, Usopp, Sanji, Chopper, Robin, Franky, Brook, Jimbei, Carrot, Vivi, Smoker

"ONE PIECE, IT EXISTS" - The Great Pirate Edward Newgate

how could she have had such a big baby i need to know
    it seemed like the fisher tiger stuff was rushed and there was good character development on the queen
    i give it 8/10

Otohime was definitely the focus rather than Tiger and the formation of the Sunny Pirates. I think maybe Tiger's motivation could be further explained in a multi-layer flashback or through seeing more of his character firsthand as the Sunny Pirates move forward. I guess this may mean the actual formation of the crew isn't that important of a point and much bigger things are coming in the flashback. Besides, he sort of explained what Tiger did at Marijora before in Hancock's flashback. There may be more to that revealed later in this arc as well. There's still the whole "Noah" thing, former migration attempt, and poneglyph to be taken into account.
    Luffy, Zoro, Nami, Usopp, Sanji, Chopper, Robin, Franky, Brook, Jimbei, Carrot, Vivi, Smoker

King of One Piece Parody Sonic Youth's Avatar

I guess the timeline is a little messed up... Or someone should make an elaborated chart of the timeline so we can see it for ourselves.

Maybe in the fishmen/merfolk it's the men who give birth ^^ that would explain for shirahoshi... Since well Oda said they give birth the same way as humans (aka mammals) but what if the queen just gave an egg to Neptune and he just placed it in a pouch like a kangarou or something...

Anyway great chapter, but it really felt short :/ and compared to the last one here wasnt that much in it that we didnt already know.

Someone mentionned that the one who killed Otohime will surely be the main villain for this arc. If i remember correctly the one who killed her was the former VDD (since there've been alot of VDD captains) so my presumption on that is that he died maybe like someone suggested rippe in half by neptune himself

Neptune did speak as if he had been in battles in the past so maybe there was a huge battle between Neptune with the VDD pirates.

http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/75708962/6

(way too old to do this sort of thing, so he has done it before ^^)

Maybe even on SA and with the Sun pirates involved as revenge on VDD for killing the queen that ultimately everyone loved. And thats how Tiger Fisher got injured and nobody could help him because of the rare fish blood type he had. If this turns out to be true it could explain the hatred Arlong had for humans after seeing how no one would help not even among the fodder un SA. And after seeing so much death Jinbei repented and vowed to continue shirahosi's will. So he made a deal with the government to disband the sun pirates in exchange for some peace to be regained after all the deaths and tragedy. So FI was somehow safe, the menace of sun pirates was gone so the WG was happy, but at the same time maybe Jinbei felt someone needed to continue what fisher tiger was doing so he let arlong go or maybe he told him to got somewhere and conquer the humans or something... while he was left trapped in the shichibukai position unable to do anything.

And of course with time he saw that otohime's way were better than the violent ways and came to regret letting arlong go to wreak havoc in east blue.

XD so long don't read ...

Tongue-Sticking Winged Kid sff9's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Duomaxwe View Post
    Well considering it wouldn't be physically possible to do it in the way mammals do you're welcome to suggest an alternate idea.
    We don't know how old Shirahoshi is in the flashback. She could be one or two years old, and have grown really fast...

I'm more concerned by the timeline problem raised by Reyairia:
    Quote Originally Posted by Reyairia View Post
    Also the timeline really doesn't match up. Hachi was supposed to be a child who rescued Rayleigh 22 years ago. Arlong seemed to be the same age as he was in that flashback. Yet 16/15 years ago they're 25?? Or hell, old enough to join a pirate crew? That doesn't make any sense.
    In Chapter 0 we see Hatchan was a child 22 years ago; so he is, at the very least, 6 or 7 years younger than Arlong. Yet they seemed to be of the same height in the picture showing them looking at Sabaody Park...

After this chapter the bets on FI being destroyed for its population to unit with humans will go sky high.

Lol what goes through Oda's mind when he comes up with these births damn Chiaki do something
    Last edited by dasia; April 13th, 2011 at 09:12 AM.

shirohoshi was born sixteen years ago and dekken proposed 10 years ago

if i do the math

what she was only 6

dekken you perv

Not surprised at Decken being a perv / pedo considering his whole "I'll kill you if you don't marry me" philosophy towards her.

XD it makes it even funnier that Shirahoshi rejects him because "he's not her type"

Already out ! :O

The timeline is FINE folks. The chapter started by going back a few years even before last chapter, and then spanned 6 or 7 years in the course of it. Kind of an odd move on Odas part, but...

We're now where last chapter ended, about 11 years before current.

Off the top of my head, so the numbers might be off by a year or two..

22 years ago-Hachi saves Rayleigh. Around the same time, Whitebeard begins protecting the island
    16 years ago-The events of the chapter
    15 years ago- Fisher Tiger frees the slaves, Sun Pirates formed
    11-10 years ago- Tiger and the queen die, Vander Dekken targets the princess, Arlong goes to East Blue, Jimbei become shichibukai
    2 years ago-One Piece volumes 1-60
    Last edited by Robby; April 13th, 2011 at 09:46 AM.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information