+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 33 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 617: "The Shocking Incident at Coral Hill" Discussion

Default Re: Chapter 617: "The Shocking Incident at Coral Hill" Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Blktooth420 View Post
    I don't mean to take this situation lightly, but how could this disaster effect the outcome of this arc? I don't know if Oda's willing to destroying FI, IF that was going to be the imminent outcome.
    You won't need to worry about that. Oda's already planned out this arc's outcome long before we arrived at it.

Quote Originally Posted by EvoWarrior5 View Post
    I've never payed much attention to them, but this TL note got my attention.
    http://www.mangabit.com/manga/one-pi...ter/617/page/9

does anyone know why the TL put the word "Yakkoudori" above the panel where Zoro attacks?
    as far as I know, Yakkoudori is a type of food...
    unless that's the original attack name, and it's just been translated to "Disaster Harbor Bird"....
    We should all know by now that many of Zoro's attacks are puns. It's to enliven the otherwise serious character. Now he's getting to tofu, what's next? Miso? Seaweed? [Insert random Japanese food item]? ...I'm making myself hungry again.
    Avatar by しろくま on Pixiv; Compass Birds pic trimmed by yours truly ->

Quote Originally Posted by zoro T11 View Post
    i think zoro is going to kick hodis behind, sanji will fight decken, luffy will fight the mud guy, and brook will finally be useful by pwning hyouzo!!
    I really don't see hyouzo fighting anyone but zoro... he is a well known swordsman and it would take away from zoro's "dream".

Quote Originally Posted by geekialrage View Post
    I really don't see hyouzo fighting anyone but zoro... he is a well known swordsman and it would take away from zoro's "dream".
    Well we know that Brook is weaker than Zoro so if Brook fights the merman swordman and wins then he was not worth Zoros time now is he?

This arc is to show that each member has gotten stronger and we have not seen if Brooks swordman skills have gotten better yet and that would be a good fight to show them if they have improved.

Quote Originally Posted by looking_at_you View Post
    Well we know that Brook is weaker than Zoro so if Brook fights the merman swordman and wins then he was not worth Zoros time now is he?

This arc is to show that each member has gotten stronger and we have not seen if Brooks swordman skills have gotten better yet and that would be a good fight to show them if they have improved.

hmm I have a feeling brooks new stuff isn't going to be purely sword based but thats just a hunch I have.

Quote Originally Posted by geekialrage View Post
    hmm I have a feeling brooks new stuff isn't going to be purely sword based but thats just a hunch I have.
    Well, at the end of his last concert at Shabondy, Brooke did say his music was "stronger". And we've seen his lullaby move. So I am excited in seeing how he'll incorporate his music to his swordsmanship

King of One Piece Parody Sonic Youth's Avatar

Brook = Scratchmen Apoo

I say Brook will fight Hyozou, Zoro will fight Hordi, Sanji will fight Decken and Luffy will fight Caribou so we can see his haki agaisnt a logia

Quote Originally Posted by arlekin21 View Post
    I say Brook will fight Hyozou, Zoro will fight Hordi, Sanji will fight Decken and Luffy will fight Caribou so we can see his haki agaisnt a logia
    Brook vs. Hyouzou: would love it.
    Zoro vs. Hodi: can see it happening. would be pretty cool I guess.
    Sanji vs. Decken: I actually think Franky or Usopp would be a better choice.
    Luffy vs. Caribou: could be. but I can see Sanji fighting him. Would prefer that, actually.

Now about Luffy. I honestly don't have a clue who he's gonna fight...
    Either he'll take over the fight from Zoro, but then Zoro would have to fight Hyouzou, and that would make Brook useless once again.
    Maybe Luffy'll fight Decken.

OR we haven't seen all the major enemys for this arc yet =D
    Last edited by EvoWarrior5; March 12th, 2011 at 01:09 PM.

Luffy V.S Hodi has been foreshadowed since that message about how Luffy shouldn't fight Hodi. So trust me, some thing will cause Zoro V.S Hodi to stop, whether the air runs out or swordsman or some other person gets in the way to fight him. Luffy V.S Decken should happen, do you honestly think Luffy will sit back after finding out what he did to Hachi? If any thing, it will be Sanji V.S Caribou and possibly Zoro V.S Hyouzou, don't know who Brook would fight but I'm sure they'll find some one for the guy. Heck I don't know who Robin/Franky will fight either.
    Luffy fan.
    LuffyxHancock or LuffyxNami? I can't decide.

Anyone else hoping Brooke will eventualy ditch the goofy sunglasses and go back to his top hat and tea ?

Discovered Stowaway Coruscation's Avatar

The upcoming Zoro vs. Hodi is very unlikely to be Hodi's main fight IMO. It'll probably just be that Zoro holds him off to allow for the others to get away, and then Zoro himself escapes or someone (Fukaboshi? Would make for some nice Hodi hype if he beats the strongest of the princes) or something interferes. Later, Zoro takes Hyouzou - I know it would be nice to see Brooke get a real fight, but the guy was called strong by Luffy and is the long-since foreshadowed #1 swordsman of Fishman Island; it's very unlikely that he won't fight Zoro - while Luffy fights Hodi in the real arc boss fight. All assuming that Hodi's the main villain, of course, but he's starting to feel more "legit" now, at least to me.

The Strawhat crew has yet to get "angry/serious" because they really dont have a reason to yet so Hodi will most likely destroy Zoro or like you said something will interupt the fight.

None of these guys seem to be on Luffy's level.
    Maybe he will end up fighting Jinbe for some reason.. like Jinbe made an oath to the Fishmen pirates and can't break it because of his code of honor. Then you can have Ussop/Dekken. And Zoro/Hodi and Sanji/Hyozo could be fun to change it up a bit.

Luffy won't fight anyone, he will see everybody going crazy like in MarineFord (I know, he was already out by then) so he will destroy the island for it to stop :-p

Quote Originally Posted by Coruscation View Post
    The upcoming Zoro vs. Hodi is very unlikely to be Hodi's main fight IMO. It'll probably just be that Zoro holds him off to allow for the others to get away, and then Zoro himself escapes or someone (Fukaboshi? Would make for some nice Hodi hype if he beats the strongest of the princes) or something interferes. Later, Zoro takes Hyouzou - I know it would be nice to see Brooke get a real fight, but the guy was called strong by Luffy and is the long-since foreshadowed #1 swordsman of Fishman Island; it's very unlikely that he won't fight Zoro - while Luffy fights Hodi in the real arc boss fight. All assuming that Hodi's the main villain, of course, but he's starting to feel more "legit" now, at least to me.
    Yeah Hodi is a bad guy
    "This is a common misconception. The term "Monster Trio" is canon, not fanmade.
    It's been used quite a few times in the manga, most recently in chapter 606.
    Oda does use the term "怪物三人組 (Monster Trio)" in the very manga itself."

I wouldn't actually mind Brook fightning Hyouzou even though I think it won't happen, I wanted to see Brook and Franky get a fight with someone strong since they are the newer guys in the crew, I want Oda to highlight them a little more.

Pokemon X/Y ingame name: Pedro
    3DS FC : 1547 5213 7769 - NNID : SunGodKizaru Switch: SW-7487-5553-2501

I'm hoping for a music based opponent for him , instead of swordmasters.
    Those should remain Zoro's teritory.
    But since this is FI, maybe we could see a Siren from greek mythology.
    Perhaps the Lorelei.

Xbox: Gaiyae
    Psn id:
    Gaiyae
    3ds FC: 3609 - 1026 - 9535

ya you guys are prolly right...

Luffy vs. Hodi
    Zoro vs. Hyouzou
    Sanji vs. Caribou
    Usopp/Franky vs. Decken
    Is what I think for now.

Now let's just pray that Chopper, Robin, Franky and Brook will also get a worthy enemy to fight.

Anyone else hoping Brooke will eventualy ditch the goofy sunglasses and go back to his top hat and tea ?
    No.
    Though I do hope that he changes clothes sometimes. (including the glasses)

Quote Originally Posted by GetsugaZoro View Post
    I wouldn't actually mind Brook fightning Hyouzou even though I think it won't happen, I wanted to see Brook and Franky get a fight with someone strong since they are the newer guys in the crew, I want Oda to highlight them a little more.
    Well, it doesn't look like Franky/Robin/Brook will get to do much this arc, maybe maybe couple of people they'll fight but not one on one fights like the others will get.

Franky/Usopp V.S Decken? Usopp maybe but I don't know about Franky. I still say Luffy will fight against Decken some how, he won't sit back and doing nothing when he hears Hachi was hurt by the guy, that's not his style
    Luffy fan.
    LuffyxHancock or LuffyxNami? I can't decide.

I wonder who will fight wadatsumi

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information