+ Reply to Thread
Page 284 of 288 FirstFirst ... 184 234 274 282 283 284 285 286 ... LastLast
Results 5,661 to 5,680 of 5754

Thread: Western Comics thread

Default Re: Western Comics thread

there are like 70 years of comics there. And I know how to yaarrrr stuff. But thanks.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Oh, I got it, Dawn of X is the name of the arc, it compiles the comics from each.. line? Series? into their chronological order.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Quote Originally Posted by maxterdexter View Post
    Oh, I got it, Dawn of X is the name of the arc, it compiles the comics from each.. line? Series? into their chronological order.
    Oh yeah. I thought you meant House of X. Yes, Dawn of X is the TPB name of the Hickman's soft reboot run. It's on volume 6 currently, that cover's around the first 30 volumes between X men, New Mutants, Marauders, Excalibur,X Force and Fallen Angels, The first one being Powers of X/ House of X one. To be added in the mix is Wolverine, Hellions, Cable, X-Factor.

Weekly X
    Spoiler:
    How thirsty for Brian can Saturnyne be to plan his own twin sister's death? Jeez.
    Fuck this is more rigged than Trump's tax returns. Saturyne not only killed Betsy and stole Jubs baby. On the other hand Doug got married to a powerful warrior lady, good form him. Krakora 1:2* Arakko.
    Seriously, what the fuck is Saturnyne planning? Letting Arakko annihilate all realities? Force Brian into be her lover/ Capt. Britain pet? Fuck her. Krakoa 2:5***Arakko.

*Saturnyne killing Betsy
    *Arm wresterling match with Illyana
    *Having Logan and Summoner fight infinite times till Logan kills him only to give the victory to Arakko.
    Last edited by pariston_hill; November 11th, 2020 at 08:09 AM. Reason: Clatification.

X of Swords is bad and I can't wait for it to be over.

I get the feeling if we were given real fights and not this, and the Arakko were not presented as so destructive? This could end with the reconciliation of both after whatever game Saturnyne is playing.
    And well just two more weeks until it ends Kaiolino.

Not let's get meta about Isca.
    Spoiler:
    Her power is most likely passive, as she don't exert control over it, she can not lose. So a "who dies first" against Logan shouldn't be a way to force her own mutation to kill her? As the same time Logan is being mutilated his regeneration is kicking in.

The terrorist golden girls and the evil gen z+ kids are more terrifying than whatever is happening with the sword tournament.
    SW-4128-8032-0729

I had higher hopes for the first X-franchise only event in a long time(?)...

Quote Originally Posted by pariston_hill View Post
    I get the feeling if we were given real fights and not this, and the Arakko were not presented as so destructive? This could end with the reconciliation of both after whatever game Saturnyne is playing.
    And well just two more weeks until it ends Kaiolino.

Not let's get meta about Isca.
    Spoiler:
    Her power is most likely passive, as she don't exert control over it, she can not lose. So a "who dies first" against Logan shouldn't be a way to force her own mutation to kill her? As the same time Logan is being mutilated his regeneration is kicking in.
    Quote Originally Posted by maxterdexter View Post
    The terrorist golden girls and the evil gen z+ kids are more terrifying than whatever is happening with the sword tournament.
    Quote Originally Posted by pariston_hill View Post
    I had higher hopes for the first X-franchise only event in a long time(?)...
    Awwww man, is it really that bad? I’m on Dawn of X volume 4 and I was so looking forward to what was coming after

DoX volumes will be a long way to reach this part, DoX volume 6 cover the 6th volume of the series that were run at that time (Marauders,Fallen Angels,Excalibur,New Mutants, X Force and X Men).
    We're almost ten volume into, there's more cool stuff, so far the event has it's flavourful moments but it could be more polished.

I'm just reading Dawn Of X on Marvel Unlimited right now

I've been using the file you gave me to read them in order (Thank You again for that it's been a huge help)

right now I'm on what would be the fourth volume

but I was super looking forward to X of Swords, but it seems you guys aren't huge fans

well at least I'm enjoying the hell out of Dawn Of X

It suffers from Marvel’s “We have to make a big event every quarter or fanboys will get angry about no changes in the status quo”.

The Outlawed is another assine event using a premisse kinda touched in the Civil War. (Forget about Danvers’ totalitarian boogaloo that shit didn’t happened.(

I know a lot of people who love X of Swords, specifically those who are already very into the current Excalibur run.

But I think it's bad. And I also think Excalibur is bad.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Also if you read it one go, you don't really suffer from the fact that every non-Excalibur book is effectively on break for 2 months, shortly after being on break for 3 months because of COVID.

The thing with x of swords is that I’ve read it completely out of order, Dawn of x is a fun and thoughtful read, and the lead up to the tournament was fun and interesting, but I’m not clear on the stakes of the tournament because I skipped Excalibur because I knew none of these people. I do now but I still rather keep on with dawn of x than reread that one chapter that might explain things in an unsatisfactory way.

But most of it is the novelty of the autum council members working in a team. I have no stakes on them adopting an amalgamation of their ideologies because I only follow them from time to time so it is not like they changed something untouchable but it is just the flavor of the month/year/run/decade (granted Polaris and magneto, and how Wanda is the devil do give me pause)
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Wait you went from DoX vol 1 directly to X of Swords, yeah things might get a tad confusing and unsatisfactory this way.

I agree with Kaiolino, Excalibur would be next on my chopping block.

No; the order I did was powers of x but just the main book, then x of swords, then I went back to dawn of x. Just a few, the Psylocke and the new mutants and the fantastic 4 and 2 of the extra sized to go.

Then I kinda want to see where is Wanda, but I’m not feeling curious about this empyre thing at all, if she’s there with her son in law, then I just go back to the secret wars aftermath.

What I find curious is this methodology, is it always that they plant one off villains and then pick the ones who were popular and continue with them? I frankly expect to see the eco terrorist golden girls face off with Deadpool if I were to look for that.
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Eco terrorist golden girls did appear in the Empyre tie in. But yeah, so far they are try to establish the factions that are openly against Krakoa and the ones that represent a threat, so is one off villains for while.

But yeah, reading like that is not optimal for understanding. Summoner and a piece of Arakko appeared X2, mostly of Excalibur was |A|'s plot to open a portal to reconnect Krakoa and Arakko, there's a few Summoner apparitions in books that I don't recall right know where he plays a game with the mutant that will die in the Otherworld and prove the if the die in the Otherworld the come back bugged.
    Last edited by pariston_hill; November 12th, 2020 at 02:56 PM.

I can't imagine reading one half of House of X/Powers of X and it being a satisfying read lol.

They were all together, I did read house and powers in their correct order.

speaking of X, I got to read this week's haul. The tournament going insane is the best that has happened.
    SW-4128-8032-0729

On another topic both, Hellboy and BPRD, Seven Wives Club and the Return of Effie Klob were pretty darn good, with the second planted a possible story plot for future Red & BPRD stories.

I do have to pick what I’ll do in December, if wandavision is released in full, then Disney plus wins, else I’m more inclined to do the vpn dance to get to the jump vault, because the annoying part of western comics is to shift through so many series to find the main plot line, that I’m not sure I’m going to continue after the trial period.
    SW-4128-8032-0729

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information