+ Reply to Thread
Page 280 of 287 FirstFirst ... 180 230 270 278 279 280 281 282 ... LastLast
Results 5,581 to 5,600 of 5736

Thread: Western Comics thread

Default Re: Western Comics thread

Quote Originally Posted by pariston_hill View Post
    But but MuH TaTicAl SuiTs?
    Seriously get rid on the standardized tactical suit for MCU, just look how bland Taskmaster looks in Black Widow.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Giant Size Fantomex and X-men Empyre 2
    Spoiler:
    Wait how long has Fantomex been alive? I don't thing that matches with the Uncanny X-Force backstory.
    On the Empyre thingie, the Narco ladies are really fun. And was that a fucking Mojo/Shadow King fusion on the las page?! I know they are working with former enemies to create a better mutant world, but why the fuck resurrect the Shadow King. Essex is more trustful than the mind parasite.
    Spoiler:
    It's Amahl Farok ?Farouk? Shadow King was a psychic entity that possessed the mutant Farouk. Farouk's body was killed way back when Xavier first met him in Egypt.
    But he was still psychically bound to Shadow King for some time be has since been separated.
    Likely Farouk went through the resurrection protocols, so is alive without the Shadow King inside him.

Quote Originally Posted by Katzztar View Post
    Spoiler:
    It's Amahl Farok ?Farouk? Shadow King was a psychic entity that possessed the mutant Farouk. Farouk's body was killed way back when Xavier first met him in Egypt.
    But he was still psychically bound to Shadow King for some time be has since been separated.
    Likely Farouk went through the resurrection protocols, so is alive without the Shadow King inside him.
    Spoiler:
    Still find sketchy to bring back Shadow King's favorite host. Considering that in the Marvel Verse you only stay dead until you are relevant again. Risk gamble I say. And when the Mystique plot to resurrect Irene is gonna kick back in again?

Weekly X update.
    Spoiler:
    Empyre: They should have learned by now to not let Illyana near dark magical artifacts. And oh boy Wanda, you just needed to pick up the staff and leave.

Marauders: Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned. Imagine two. Shaw is fucked big time. And the mystery is that was no mystery, an intangible woman can't break the shell of her egg, she has to pass through it.

XForce:So I guess that's Piotr's older brother. But what the hell were those little russians matryoshkas soldiers. See, that's way you follow proper quarantine procedures, but no. No one ever listens to Ellen Ripley's sound advice.

Quote Originally Posted by pariston_hill View Post
    Weekly X update.
    Spoiler:
    Empyre: They should have learned by now to not let Illyana near dark magical artifacts. And oh boy Wanda, you just needed to pick up the staff and leave.

Marauders: Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned. Imagine two. Shaw is fucked big time. And the mystery is that was no mystery, an intangible woman can't break the shell of her egg, she has to pass through it.

XForce:So I guess that's Piotr's older brother. But what the hell were those little russians matryoshkas soldiers. See, that's way you follow proper quarantine procedures, but no. No one ever listens to Ellen Ripley's sound advice.
    Marauders next issue:

Hidden:

Marauders #12 cover revealed:

Man, Shaw is so completely fucked.
    *grabs popcorn* Let the games begin.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiolino View Post
    Marauders #12 cover revealed:

YES! yesyesyyes YEEEEEEES

I'm not just excited for Kate's return. The "Kill Shaw" is amusing but not enough to be me to squeal. But I am jumping for joy for the return of her luscious and glorious curls. They've straightened her hair for so long, many people don't know her hair is naturally curly.
    And damn she looks good here.

The 80's curl are back as so it's the kick Shaw's butt attitude.
    There's nothing to complain.

Yeah, it was mostly in the 80s, by 90s Kate was in Excalibur and started on the path of relaxing (big body & waves) then straightening her hair by the end of it.

X-Weekly
    Spoiler:
    Damn, Strange was superbly cocky in X-Empyre 4. Love it. Demon Queen Illyana losing it's power on the buzz beater was also funny. And that last page, Wanda is gonna fuck things up again, ain't she?

"We do not understand...You have a time machine, but you world is still so...horrible?" Great zinger. Love how good pals Cable and Wade were. Miss the old ass. The new one is not so likable.

I guess |A| wanted the stone that Gambit picked up right?

Yikes, Logan is up to some rough shit.

Wasn't sure if I should post this in here or in the what are you reading (literature) section, but I'm working through Rusty Brown part 1 right now. Has anyone else on this forum ever read Chris Ware? I own Building Stories and Jimmy Corrigan: the Smartest Kid on Earth and both are unbelievable.

X-Weekly
    Spoiler:
    Nothing much to say. Mojoverse shenanigans, Magneto being a boss and a another spiral down into madness for Madelyn.

Hellions and X-Men were amazing this week.

Hellions was really good. I loved the callback to Maddy's past. What was that phrase she used? "A nobody person... from a nowhere place"?
    The nobody we referring to both her status as a clone and to the corruption of her character. That black image, I have memory of it, think it was around time the demon N'astriath (sp?) corrupted Maddy, playing on her insecurities and transformed her into the Goblin Queen.
    The "Nowhere place" refers to the location in Australia where the X-men used as a HQ for a time. It was after the X-Men + Maddie were killed to stop the Adverasry in Dallas. Roma brought them back and the team decided to pretend they were still dead so they could get a hands up over their enemies. Maddie was pressured to go along with them. They hid out in an abandoned town in Australia's outback that was unnamed ... you could say it's a nowhere place.

Well Gateway probably knows the name of the place, but itís not like he told anyone.

American comics are good once you get away from the Big 2 spandex superhero stuff. Isola, Monstress, and Saga are all excellent. Usagi Yojimbo has been fantastic for decades. Solme older books that have finished their runs like Fables and Invincible are great. Yeah the X-men and Spiderman and Batman are in a decades old rut and never changing but it is what it is.
    Last edited by Robby; August 30th, 2020 at 03:09 AM.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

But the X-Men did change finally last year so now the oldtimey fans are mad.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiolino View Post
    But the X-Men did change finally last year so now the oldtimey fans are mad.
    What'd they change this time that will be undone in a year?
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    What'd they change this time that will be undone in a year?
    All mutants, villains included, live on the living island of Krakoa now, which has become an autonomous nation state, which operates internationally by its ability to produce life-saving drugs that cures human diseases. And also mutants can’t die anymore.

Will it be undone? Probably. But not until Jonathan Hickman’s run ends and in those 3-5 years we will finally have had storylines that move the characters into interesting places for the first time in forever, written by people with real passion for the books they write instead of cashing a check and indulging in their childhood nostalgia. If that sticks the landing, I don’t mind if they hire a Hollywood writer next to undo everything again.

Even then, there’s a likely possibility that Feige uses this status quo to introduce the X-Men into the MCU.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information