+ Reply to Thread
Page 105 of 272 FirstFirst ... 5 55 95 103 104 105 106 107 115 155 205 ... LastLast
Results 2,081 to 2,100 of 5440

Thread: Western Comics thread

Default Re: American Comics

I'd like to read it all in one session (same goes with Captain America), makes it easier for me to understand and comprehend the stuff that happen.
    I DID however read Rogues' Revenge; awesome mini-series.

BTW if anyone's a fan of Trauma from Avengers Initiative, make sure to read AI Special as it reveals-
    Spoiler:
    that his father is Nightmare; one of Ghost Rider's enemies!

So for Final Crisis, when exactly is it going to end? Are there any spoilers or indications of what things'll be like when it's over? Will Clark finally defeat Darkseid or will 'evil win'?
    Avatar: Igarashi Kyou (married name: Hasumi Kyou) from the web comic 性転換後、親友と (Seitenka-go. Shin'yuu to) by Eroe (Pixiv; Twitter) | Gender bender is love! Gender bender is life!
    Julie | She/Her | Pansexual

Quote Originally Posted by Yuugi's Black Magician View Post
    So for Final Crisis, when exactly is it going to end? Are there any spoilers or indications of what things'll be like when it's over? Will Clark finally defeat Darkseid or will 'evil win'?
    It ends in January, and no one knows if evil will win or not at the end. The idea is that in the mini series itself evil has already won, and now the heroes have to deal with the outcome of that.

We haven't seen the solicits for February or March yet but Dan DiDio has already said what to expect.

In January it's "Faces of Evil" where every issue of an ongoing DCU continuity book is told from the villain's point of view, and all the covers are of villains.

In February they're trying to pull the line closer together, and a bunch of books will have a backup called "Origins and Omens" which leads into Blackest Night, as well and letting readers know all they need to know about a certain character as well as telling what to expect from those characters in the future. They want February to be a good jumping on point for new readers.

And then in March the DCU books will start to show the effects of the end of Final Crisis.

Btw, I just watched the Josie and the Pussycats movie again yesterday and realized it's almost the same plot of Final Crisis only without the delays and the superheroes.
    ArticUNO ZapDOS MolTRES!!!!!!!!

Holy crap, I never noticed that!

A lot of good stuff this week, Nightwing in particular was entertaining-
    Nightwing 150-
    Spoiler:
    A great issue. Enraged at the death of Carol, Harvey...or 2-face (they should have seperate fonts for both of them to differentiate them IMO), wants to scar NY by using blimps to toss acid on the city, but Nightwing succeeds in stoping them.

Thats just it in a nutshell, but the story itself was well paced with some great action and art.

Wolverine 69-
    Spoiler:
    Logan manages to save Clint from his daughter, and are chased by a party. During their escape on the SpiderBuggy, an earthquake occurs and Logan and their chaser fall in.
    When Logan awakes he finds Moloids eating their chasers, but Clint was alright.
    Logan and Clint get out of the crater and continue their journey. They later stop at a bar and reflect on their lives, one of the people there piss off Logan, enraged Logan almost pulls out his claws.
    Clint calms down Logan and they both leave the bar.
    Next issue; what happened to Logan when the bad guys won.

Action Comics 871-
    Spoiler:
    2 of Zod's soldiers are walking through NY, disgusted by the humans that they must socilize with. Cut to General Lane leading Luthor out of his cell to see Braniac in hopes of using him to figure a way to kill the Kryptonians.
    This IMO is my fav. part of the issue; Lane knows how danagerous Luthor is and doesn't trust him, but is his best bet at using Brainiac to kill the Kryptonians.
    Cut back to Doomsday as Supes, Kara and some Kryptonians try and stop him. They take him away from earth to the moon whereon he is killed.
    Fortunately there weren't many casualties.
    Issue ends with the 2 soldiers finding the Phantom Zone gizmo, but before they can use it, they are stopped by...Firebird and Nightwing of Krypton!

Captain Britain #7-
    Spoiler:
    Plokta manages to fool Brian and trap him in a fantasy, so as to drain his life force and magic to bring Mindless Ones to the world.
    Meanwhile, Blade and Spitfire make a truce to stop fighting each other and fight off the Mindless Ones. After defeating some of them they climb through an elevator shaft to find the source of all this BS.
    Along the way, Blade tells Spitfire that he 'brought back all the vampires', Spitfire faints as she hears this.
    Does anyone have any clarification on why Blade means? I can understand if Spitfire freaked out cuz Blood is prob. back.

Elsewhere, Wisdom and co. are fighting their way through the building and Ploktas' magic. He tries to trap Wisdom, but Knight snaps him out of it. At the same time, Brian is in his fantasy having a quiet time with Meggan, when they are attacked by Brian's brother who seems to have killed Brain.
    Issue ends with Knight being tricked by Plotka and going berserk at the fear of losing the blade again. Wisdom tells him that the sword he is NOT the Ebony Blade.
    ...now that I think about it, doesn't T'challa already have it?
    Feel free to write out 'Darn you Hudlin!'

GL Corps #30-
    Spoiler:
    Issue begins with a young infant crying. A Ring begins to state that the Lanter of Sector 1067 is dead and begins looking for a replacement. The infant is shown next to the dead Lantern who seems to resemble it; it is its father. A figure begins to talk to the infant, telling it to calm down and that soon it will forget it ever had any parents. The figure is Kryb, a horrifying mosnter with a cage on its back filled with infant children, all of which seem to be the infants of Green Lanterns!
    Cut to Guy's party as they arrive at Zamaron so that the Guardians would convince them to stop using the power of Love and create their own Corps, after some debate and bickering, the Zamarons inform the Guardians that they will not stop, and the Guardians leave it at that and leave Zamaron.
    Meanwhile, Kyle and a party of Lanterns arrive at Sector 1111 to respond to a distress call from one of the Sector House there. Kryb has killed more Lanterns and abducted infants, and the Lanterns fight her to save the babies.
    Upon their return from Zamaron, the Guardians write a new law that states "...physical relationships and love between Green Lanterns is forbidden within the Corps."

I'll post my comic comments very soon, but this need to be heard.

Sean McKeever has just said today that the NEW TEAM for the Teen Titans is going to be shown on the March cover.

The solicit will be shown next month, so we will know by then.

There will be 8 members.

Quote Originally Posted by RuNa View Post
    I'll post my comic comments very soon, but this need to be heard.

Sean McKeever has just said today that the NEW TEAM for the Teen Titans is going to be shown on the March cover.

The solicit will be shown next month, so we will know by then.

There will be 8 members.
    8 members huh, well assuming the current 4 official member stay and with the confirmation of Static that means 3 slots to fill. And if Robin leaves due to all the RIP aftermath, then it'll be 4 slots to fill.

anywho onto the books

Supergirl #35
    Spoiler:

New Krypton is kicking alot of ass I must say, very very enjoyable storyline so far.

As far as the issue goes, very solid, and hopefully this is the FINAL time we hear about Kara's origins.

As much as I don't like that this is a retcon of a retcon of a retcon of a character who is a retcon herself, at least this one makes it all very clear. Kara was exposed to kryptonite for too long while in space, and it made her act all funky and made her think of her origin being completely different than it actually was.

Good, let's keep it that way and move the fuck on!

I'll probably stick with Supergirl for a little while once NK is over, and as of now things are looking up for the girl of Steel.

Terra #2

Spoiler:

Great art from Amanda Conner, and overall very fun issue. I really hope we get a clear final answer as to what the hell is going on with all the past Terras and the new Atlee, and it's looking like we will be so that's good.

I must say, this new girl I was hesitant about but I'm growing to love her personality, she's really alot of fun and not bogged down in melodrama like so many other characters. I like it. And her costume is pretty snazzy too.

Batgirl #5

Spoiler:

Such a good book! And Cassandra is finally getting the respect she deserves in this book. She managed to get past Nightwing, Robin, and Batman intelligently, a she should definitely be able to.

I'm loving this book and I'm hoping at the end of it Cass gets her ongoing back.

I really hope she stays Batgirl also, it would suck soooooooo bad if at the end of this awesome mini, the first time she's been written well since OYL, she ended up giving up the cowl. But with all the Bat shake ups going on, who knows what they hell they have planned.

A small week, but pretty good overall. And all female books this week for me.

Also Didio hinted at a second Wonder book is on its way, I hope it's J. Torres doing a Wondergirl ongoing, but hell I'll be happy with ANY second Wonder title.
    ArticUNO ZapDOS MolTRES!!!!!!!!

Holy crap, I never noticed that!

^
    I would read a Wondergirl or Donna Troy ongoing, but NEVER a book about Wonder Woman.

Batman and the Outsiders 13:
    Huge Spoilers in regards to the new Vigilante's identity:
    Spoiler:
    He looks just like Adrian Chase

Terra 2:
    Spoiler:
    Loved this issue, it was just great. Loved her name [Atlee] and I loved the fact that she isn't from this planet

JSA Kingdom Come Special Magog:
    Spoiler:
    All of these specials have been just great, but this one felt rather normal to me. Loved the Starman origin and can't wait to see what Gog grants next.

Flash 246...aka the issue that could screw the series over
    Spoiler:
    This issue was mostly flashback of Linda and Wally's relationship, but to save her life Wally is going to try to make a deal with the Spectre. Remind you of any other series?

Tiny Titans 10 was enjoyable, but very short. It only focused on one plotline. It was announced today that issue 12 was going to be a faces of evil issue and that the one in the solicitations was going to be number 13 now.

I didn't finish reading my other books yet.

As for Supergirl, I really don't want to read it now.

Why couldn't they have gone back to basics and restart after the original plot line (when the evil counterpart disappears?). Oh, and include the issue when she went to highschool. I enjoyed her in Teen Titans, but I can't stand the writers of the Supergirl series. They sucked and I can't stand the new direction at all.

X-Men 218 was good, despite being an Original Sins tie-in, some good action in there and Xavier.

War Machine #35, also the 'final issue'-
    Spoiler:
    Huh that was fast...issue begins with Skrull Scientists trying to disect Rhodey, one of them approaches his face, but Rhodey kills him with a laser beam from his mechanical eye. However, that attack used up most of his body's power. Fortunately, the armor is nearby (Skrulls sure seem to be in a rush or something...), Rhodey suits up and starts killing the Skrulls on the ship he's in.
    He manages to take control of the ship with Suzie's help by using his armor as a proxy for Suzie to control the ship.
    They manage to destroy 3 battle ships. Rhodey goes to help out the Guard. Transmissions to Dynamo reveal why the Guard left him to the Skrulls last issue. Dynamo goes all 'fuck them' and helps out Rhodey.
    They manage to defeat the Skrulls and prevent detenotion of the warheads. Issue ends with Dynamo help Rhodey out of Russia.

Overall a good issue, though if it were double-sized, it could have shown how Rhodey got his body and made extended his escape from the Skrull ship.
    Next time- War Machine #1!

Uncanny 504- LAND ISN'T THE ARTIST IN THIS ISSUE!
    Spoiler:
    Ah Dodson's art is really nice!
    Issue begins in THE MOJOVERSE! We see Pryor talking to someone on a table, attempting to recruit her to the Sisterhood, we then see the one on the table being what looks like a robot with the letters 'CiQ' on her chest being operated by Spiral!
    Cut to San Fran, where Piotr is trying to get a tattoo, but keeps breaking the equipment as his skin turns to steel when the ink is applied. Enraged, he goes to speak with Nightcrawler, but Cyke interrupts them and tells Piotr that he needs to get over Kitty's death.

Piotr goes for a walk in San Fran and stops by a Russian restaurant for some food, as he's about to leave, he hears some noises from within the restaurant. As he approaches the voices he sees a man talking in Russian with tattoos on his body which he uses to read the restaurant's owner's mind.
    Piotr gets a flashback; he has seen the man years ago when he was a child. The tattooed man was threanting his father as well. Piotr vows vengance upon the guy.

Cut to Argentina, where Warren and Hank are talking to Dr. Nemesis who created the original Human Torch, after an attack by some supernazis, Nemesis agrees to help them.

Meanwhile, Emma has felt that Cyke hasn't been well since the last issue, and so Cyke lets her probe his mind to find out why, but it doesn't help much.
    Karma informs them of a news event wherein Simon Trask has revealed footage of the attack on the Alaska town back in Messiah CompleX to the news.

I felt some disjoint in the flow of the stories in this issue, but it was OK.

Batgirl and the Outsiders #13-
    Spoiler:
    Issue begins with Langstrom attacking some InterGang members in one of Penguin's places. Cass then appears in hopes of recruiting him. Cut to another building where Johnny Stiches is in and is attacked by Vigilante. Vigilante is then attacked by someone with stealth gear is sent outside the building. He finds out its Spoiler who was investigating Johnny. Batgirl stops their fight, and attempt to recruit them as well.
    Batgirl is then at the Cave where it is shown how she is trying to recruit various people to form a new Outsiders team. After Cass leaves, Rick comes in and checks on the candidates and decides to have a talk with her.
    Kind of a short issue, but we get an idea of who'll be on the team

Young X-Men #8 was OK-
    Spoiler:
    The team inform Ink that he isn't a mutant and leaves the team.
    Roberto and Dani talk to the man that gave Ink his tattoos and thus his powers. They find out he had given tattoos to an Eric Gitter, who used the powers from the tattos he got to free some people from a prison. The team (now consisting of Anole, Rockslide, Dani, Roberto, Dust & Graymalkin) find out where he is staying and go to aprehend him.
    They find him hanging out with the people who broke out of prison and attack them. However, he and his buddies have gotten tattooed and now have powers as well...and BACK-UP!
    Issue ends with Cypher meeting Ink.

Thunderbolts 126-
    Spoiler:
    In a nutshell; Norman's cleaning house by disbanding the Thunderbolts. So far they've gotten rid of Robbie and Dr. Chen. Now Bullseye is about to take out Songbird

Ghost Rider 29-
    Spoiler:
    Danny and Johnny fight it out, but Danny eventually gets the upper hand and almost succeeds in killing Johnny! Sara manages to save him though and go into hiding in Nepal.
    Sara tries to convince Johnny to get back up and stop Zadkiel, but the fight against Danny his affect him emotionally. Issue ends with 2 Ghost Riders appearing in their hiding places to join them in the quest to stop Zadkiel!

X-Men 218 was good, despite being an Original Sins tie-in, some good action in there and Xavier.

War Machine #35, also the 'final issue'-
    Spoiler:
    Huh that was fast...issue begins with Skrull Scientists trying to disect Rhodey, one of them approaches his face, but Rhodey kills him with a laser beam from his mechanical eye. However, that attack used up most of his body's power. Fortunately, the armor is nearby (Skrulls sure seem to be in a rush or something...), Rhodey suits up and starts killing the Skrulls on the ship he's in.
    He manages to take control of the ship with Suzie's help by using his armor as a proxy for Suzie to control the ship.
    They manage to destroy 3 battle ships. Rhodey goes to help out the Guard. Transmissions to Dynamo reveal why the Guard left him to the Skrulls last issue. Dynamo goes all 'fuck them' and helps out Rhodey.
    They manage to defeat the Skrulls and prevent detenotion of the warheads. Issue ends with Dynamo help Rhodey out of Russia.

Overall a good issue, though if it were double-sized, it could have shown how Rhodey got his body and made extended his escape from the Skrull ship.
    Next time- War Machine #1!

Uncanny 504- LAND ISN'T THE ARTIST IN THIS ISSUE!
    Spoiler:
    Ah Dodson's art is really nice!
    Issue begins in THE MOJOVERSE! We see Pryor talking to someone on a table, attempting to recruit her to the Sisterhood, we then see the one on the table being what looks like a robot with the letters 'CiQ' on her chest being operated by Spiral!
    Cut to San Fran, where Piotr is trying to get a tattoo, but keeps breaking the equipment as his skin turns to steel when the ink is applied. Enraged, he goes to speak with Nightcrawler, but Cyke interrupts them and tells Piotr that he needs to get over Kitty's death.

Piotr goes for a walk in San Fran and stops by a Russian restaurant for some food, as he's about to leave, he hears some noises from within the restaurant. As he approaches the voices he sees a man talking in Russian with tattoos on his body which he uses to read the restaurant's owner's mind.
    Piotr gets a flashback; he has seen the man years ago when he was a child. The tattooed man was threanting his father as well. Piotr vows vengance upon the guy.

Cut to Argentina, where Warren and Hank are talking to Dr. Nemesis who created the original Human Torch, after an attack by some supernazis, Nemesis agrees to help them.

Meanwhile, Emma has felt that Cyke hasn't been well since the last issue, and so Cyke lets her probe his mind to find out why, but it doesn't help much.
    Karma informs them of a news event wherein Simon Trask has revealed footage of the attack on the Alaska town back in Messiah CompleX to the news.

I felt some disjoint in the flow of the stories in this issue, but it was OK.

Batgirl and the Outsiders #13-
    Spoiler:
    Issue begins with Langstrom attacking some InterGang members in one of Penguin's places. Cass then appears in hopes of recruiting him. Cut to another building where Johnny Stiches is in and is attacked by Vigilante. Vigilante is then attacked by someone with stealth gear is sent outside the building. He finds out its Spoiler who was investigating Johnny. Batgirl stops their fight, and attempt to recruit them as well.
    Batgirl is then at the Cave where it is shown how she is trying to recruit various people to form a new Outsiders team. After Cass leaves, Rick comes in and checks on the candidates and decides to have a talk with her.
    Kind of a short issue, but we get an idea of who'll be on the team

Young X-Men #8 was OK-
    Spoiler:
    The team inform Ink that he isn't a mutant and leaves the team.
    Roberto and Dani talk to the man that gave Ink his tattoos and thus his powers. They find out he had given tattoos to an Eric Gitter, who used the powers from the tattos he got to free some people from a prison. The team (now consisting of Anole, Rockslide, Dani, Roberto, Dust & Graymalkin) find out where he is staying and go to aprehend him.
    They find him hanging out with the people who broke out of prison and attack them. However, he and his buddies have gotten tattooed and now have powers as well...and BACK-UP!
    Issue ends with Cypher meeting Ink.

Thunderbolts 126-
    Spoiler:
    In a nutshell; Norman's cleaning house by disbanding the Thunderbolts. So far they've gotten rid of Robbie and Dr. Chen. Now Bullseye is about to take out Songbird

Ghost Rider 29-
    Spoiler:
    Danny and Johnny fight it out, but Danny eventually gets the upper hand and almost succeeds in killing Johnny! Sara manages to save him though and go into hiding in Nepal.
    Sara tries to convince Johnny to get back up and stop Zadkiel, but the fight against Danny his affect him emotionally. Issue ends with 2 Ghost Riders appearing in their hiding places to join them in the quest to stop Zadkiel!

I got JSA #9-11 for the KC Superman. Looking forward to more.

As for Action #866...eh, felt like a Donner film series fan fic.
    Avatar: Igarashi Kyou (married name: Hasumi Kyou) from the web comic 性転換後、親友と (Seitenka-go. Shin'yuu to) by Eroe (Pixiv; Twitter) | Gender bender is love! Gender bender is life!

FULL SPOILER IS OUT FOR RIP ENDING.

I didn't read it, but what I saw definitely connects with how Final Crisis is running (except we knew that...just not in the way it it).

If anyone can't wait a day, I can post where they can look at it (I didn't want to see it, but it's VERY tempting).

Comics Today:

Batman 861 (LAME):
    Spoiler:
    Built up for this crap? You have to read it to see what I mean, but Joker is "killed" by Damien with the batmobile (knocks him off a bridge while he's driving an ambulance and it blows up), Batman knows "everything" and goes after Hurt's Helicopter and it blows up. 6 months later nobody has seen Batman since that day. WTF?! Also, the big reveal was that Bruce's parents' death was a setup. How dumb. 2 epilogue issues left, however, so we might find something that was left out

Teen Titans 65:
    Spoiler:
    Quick and Short. Red Devil and Bombshell beat Wonderdog (it dies/disappears) and Cassie owns Lycus. Cassie is using her own power now and has a new costume (shirt's different; Long sleeve red shirt with W symbol accross her chest and arms. Looks pretty good to me, but most don't like it

JSA Special: The Kingdom
    Spoiler:
    Really neat, but shows all of the negative effects of the wishes and Gog is now done with his work and wants everyone to worship him. I get that we are supposed to think he's evil and all, but don't churches do that every day?

So THAT what happened in Batman 681? I was all 'wat?' by the time I finished it.

All Hail Megatron #5-
    Spoiler:
    Looks like Kup DID recover from what happened to him his Spotlight issue. That or it took place a lot longer ago.
    Anyway, Hot Rod explains to the Jazz's team that he was with another team of Autobots lead by Kup (who seems to be pulling off a Nick Fury with the cigar :D), when they were ambushed by some Decepticon battle ships on Cybertron.
    Kup and some of his team arrive at Hot Rod's location and Kup starts talking scrap towards Jazz. Springer gets all cocky and attacks Jazz who retaliates by taking him and 2 other Autobots of Kup's team.
    Jazz explains to Kup their situation and Prime's condition. A page is then shown of Megs having The Matrix; the key to saving Prime.
    Back on Earth, Spike agrees to take on a mission to eradicate the Decepticons and is the lone survivor of his team sent on the mission.

Good issue overall with some nice art

Superman 682; crazy shit going on here-
    Spoiler:
    The Kryptonians have started attacking and abducting Supes and Kara's enemies (Bizarro, Banshee, etc.) and sending them to the Phantom Zone.
    When Clark learns of this he goes and confronts his uncle. Unbeknowst to Kara and her father, the Kryptonians have killed some of the Science Police.
    Issue ends with some guy called MonEl surrounded by the villains

After reading The Kingdom one-shot...I'm worried about how the Gog arc's gonna end, I mean it all feels like it was just a good story but with no 'remaining effects' that'll be seen in future stories throughout the DCU :/

^
    There are 2 issues of JSA in december (for the ending).

The Gog stuff seems to only affect the JSA-ers. The only sad thing about it is that I think the Superman from Earth-22 is going to be gone when this is all over (plus they are going to have a new team in January; It looks like all of the Gog siders are gone but we won't know for sure).

Also, seems Mary Marvel may be joining then too.

Ugh, really wish they'd keep Superman 22 :/
    Still I have faith in Johns so hopefully he'll pull it off well.
    Marvel had some good stuff this week, I also read TT 65 which was quite entertaining :)

GotG #7-
    Spoiler:
    Issue begins with Darkhawk talking about her team of the Guardians in the future as she tries to explain to Cosmo the whole time paradox thing.
    Cut to Rocket and his team fighting off an army of Zombies called the Zom.
    His team currently consists of- Major, Mantis (she knows kung fu?), Bug & Groot.
    Major later on identifies the army they are fighting as they belong to the Badoon who will in the future begin their conquest of the galaxy.

Elsewhere, Gamora is teaming up with Warlock to fight the Church of Truth. Warlock tells her that he plans to be their leader as he attempts to gain knowledge of them.

Meanwhile, Quasar is helping Drax find Cammi. On a planet they meet up with an orcale of sorts who hints about the War of Kings and how it'll affect the future. He also mentions that a woman called Heather will have a significant role in it.
    IIRC Heather is Moondragon right?

Issue ends with StarLord chained and tossed into the Negative Zone! Worse yet; he is in the presence of an army lead by King Blastaar!

Runawyas #4, a little faster, but not fast enough-
    Spoiler:
    OK Victor and Nico try to gather the gang in hopes of reversing her spell.
    While Karolina, Nico and Xavin stay with their prisoner, Victor goes to get Molly, Lace and Klara.
    When they arrive in the house they find the other 3 trapped in some kind of jelly thing. They eventually get sucked in with them as they try to help them escape, but once inside they managed to free themselves.
    Nico starts to explain what happened to them due to her spell and how they can reverse it.
    Issue ends with the other Majesdanes arriving in their house.

GR: Danny Ketch #2-
    Spoiler:
    Mary saves Danny from the thieves, but Danny, pissed that he lost his powers again, takes off and leaves her alone.
    The next day he is visted by the same woman he met in the bar, asking him to turn into the Ghost Rider and help her from stopping the death of the other Riders around the world.
    When she realizes he doesn't have the powers, she leaves.
    That evening, Danny makes it up with Mary while they're in a diner. Mary goes to use the Loo, and while Danny's waiting for her, some guy starts a scuffle with him, but Danny kicks his ass.
    The bird from the previous night appears outside his window and tells him to follow him. He tells Danny that his name is Mr. 11 and shows him the Indian woman he met fighting off monster rats called Vermin. She transforms into a Rider to slay them.

Daredevil 113-
    Spoiler:
    Izo seems weird, it's like he has split personality or something...
    So anyway, Dakota leaves Matt's place to check over a homicide case, and Matt follows her and checks out the scene as Daredevil. He is then attacked by Lady Bullseye and some Hand ninjas. Bullseye then leaves him to deal with the ninjas, but not before telling him that they're targeting the people close to him.
    Matt is then rescued by Izo who wipes out his assailants with a katana of his.

Next morning, Matt goes to visit his wife in her hospital, but is informed that her parents had taken her a few days ago. Now unless her parents are dead, the Hand obviously got her.

Meanwhile, Carlos and Izo are walking around an alley to find a hideout that the Hand are using. They were tailed by one of their ninjas which Izo reveals and they chase him to a hideout. Inside, Carlos sees pictures of people Matt had associated with, there is a picture of Logan with a red X on it.

Issue ends with Bullseye stabbing White Tiger in the chest.

X-Force #9-
    Spoiler:
    Vanisher tells Logan and co. that he never left with the vial that contained the Virus, in fact when he actually did infiltrate the lab to get it, he was ambushed by clones of Sabretooth and other Marauders.
    Logan tells Vanisher to send them to the lab, which he does. There a blood bath ensues as the team kill off the clones in order to find the Vial!
    Meanwhile, Warpath is fighting the giant bear, but is unable to hurt it, though it can hurt him. He is almost killed by the demon, until he is saved by GHOST RIDER! GR tells Warpath that he needs his help to slay the demon bear he encountered.
    Issue ends with Domino finding the vial, but a group of mechs appear in the lab to kill everyone in the facility!

Another kickass issue from Kyle and Yost, plus the cover is freaking sexy!

SI: X-Men #4-
    Spoiler:
    Cyke manages to think up a plan to spread the Virus among the Skrulls; he along with other X-Men 'cover themselves' with the Virus and fake their surrender to the Skrulls. Once inside their ships, the Virus will do its work, and as such defeat the Skrulls.
    This issue shows a more scary side to Cyke that's about as dark as in X-Force *shivers*

SI: Inhumans #4-
    Spoiler:
    All 3 teams manage to accomplish their missions and infiltrate the ship Black Bolt is held in. Fortunately for them, the King of Kickass along with his son manage to escape from the cell they were in and join the others for one quick and final assault on the silly Skrulls!
    Back in Attilan, they celebrate their victory by Black Bolt announcing an alience with Kree!

To be continued in- Secret Invasion: War of Kings!

Nova #19-
    Spoiler:
    Issue begins with Richard and his new buddies taking down the Serpent Society who have taken some people hostages. During which we know who his teammates are; aparantly one of them is from the same species as Fin Fang Foom!
    Back PEGASUS, Rick's brother talks with Darkhawk about how he feels let down while his brother is getting all the spotlight and such.
    Rick talks to Worldmind about how he got these new Centurions, and that he wants him to talk to him before making such decisions.
    Rick and co. leave to take down Taboo, and upon their return to PEGASUS...DOZENS of Nova Centurions are in the place, including Rick's brother!
    Fortunately, Darkhawk "had nothing to do with it"

X-Force #9 is prob. the best issue this week from the big 2, plus the cover is Uber sexy.

Superman's in his mid-thirties, Earth-22 Superman is middle aged (which I like the idea of).

Found this on GFAQs which was originally from CBR forums and looks like it could happen:

BATMAN SPOILERS (RIP):
    Spoiler:
    So it seems as though Dick Grayson will be taking over the mantle—there’s been much foreshadowing in his own title, and finally in Batman 681 when he holds the cowl.

My question: is Dick Grayson a dead man? Consider:

A) In Batman 666, Damian says he can’t be as good a Batman as Bruce or even Dick Grayson. Presumably, Dick takes over the mantle.

B) In Batman 666 someone asks Commissioner Barbara Gordon why she hates Damian. She hesitates and says he was responsible for the death of “a good friend”. Is that Dick?

C) In Batman 666, a flashback of YOUNG Damian as Robin shows him shouting over the dead body of Batman—a Batman with a modified costume (the symbol has a longer tail, which can also be seen in the trophy room in Damian’s batcave). Is this Dick’s variation of the costume?

D) At the end of Batman 681, Dr. Hurt says “I curse the cape and cowl… the next time you wear it will be your last”. He curses the cape and cowl. Not Bruce. Was the phrasing done that way on purpose? If Dick is next to wear the cape and cowl, does he suffer the cursed fate assigned by Dr. Hurt?

E) Morrison has said all along the clues in his story are obvious. These seem pretty obvious.

F) Didio supposedly hates Dick Grayson.

^That last note pretty much sums it up >o>

I'd rather Dick take the Batman name so as to give it a new meaning. It's originally was for a young boy who lost his parents to seek some sort of peace, now if can truly mean a legacy of rebuilding Gotham.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information