+ Reply to Thread

Thread: One Piece DVD covers

Default One Piece DVD covers

I don’t know if it’s the good place for this thread because it’s not really an art.

I decided recently to make my own DVD covers. Don’t expect professional quality, I’m a beginner and it’s take a lot of time to do particularly if you consider the number of DVD One Piece will have.

DVD 01: The first part of East Blue Saga (with Morgan, Buggy, Kuro and the beginning of the Baratie Arc), featuring Luffy on the Spine and the back

http://img573.imageshack.us/img573/6006/dvd01p.jpg

I’m using a mix between the Funimation DVD covers (for the background and the logo) and the Japanese DVD covers (for the front and the back pictures). The episodes photos are from One Piece Wikia. The characters renders on the back and the spine are from renders-graphiques.fr and One Piece Wikia.

If you like it I will upload some more, as well as covers for the movies, special episodes and OVA.

To print a DVD cover, I recommend using a specialized software. This will ensure that the print size will be the same as your DVD case (I use UndercoverXP, it’s free).
    Last edited by March; January 6th, 2011 at 09:15 AM.

Default Re: One Piece DVD covers

These are really fucking badass, even though I completely support the official release.

Would be perfect if you do away with the K-F logo.

Another issue is the box cover depicting Sanji and Nami wearing the Log Pose. I'd say use that cover for Set 3 instead.

And the 1st DVD release has episodes 1-13, not episodes 1-24.

Unless we're talking about something else.... >_<

Novel I'm working on: The Dutchman
    Chapters Completed: 1!!
    Twitch / Blogspot

I'm assuming he's making his own DVD covers.

These covers are for those who create their own DVD release of a fansub. So the number of episodes will be different from an official DVD.

Another issue is the box cover depicting Sanji and Nami wearing the Log Pose
    You're very observant. I didn't pay attention to the log Pose. I know it's a spoiler but I wanted a picture with all the crew and unfortunately it's the only one available. I don't think it's a very important spoiler.
    I have all the covers selected for the first fifteen DVD and as I have to edit the image to enhance the quality and to erase a lot of things (One Piece logo, Japanese writing and DVD number) I don’t think I'll change it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiolino View Post
    Would be perfect if you do away with the K-F logo.
    This is a version without the K-F logo:

http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/3858/dvd01b.jpg

Honestly, I prefer the cover with the logo. It's a matter of taste but it seems quite empty whithout it. Which one do you prefer?

Last edited by March; January 6th, 2011 at 09:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by March View Post
    I donít know if itís the good place for this thread because itís not really an art.

I decided recently to make my own DVD covers. Donít expect professional quality, Iím a beginner and itís take a lot of time to do particularly if you consider the number of DVD One Piece will have.

DVD 01: The first part of East Blue Saga (with Morgan, Buggy, Kuro and the beginning of the Baratie Arc), featuring Luffy on the Spine and the back

http://img573.imageshack.us/img573/6006/dvd01p.jpg

Iím using a mix between the Funimation DVD covers (for the background and the logo) and the Japanese DVD covers (for the front and the back pictures). The episodes photos are from One Piece Wikia. The characters renders on the back and the spine are from renders-graphiques.fr and One Piece Wikia.

If you like it I will upload some more, as well as covers for the movies, special episodes and OVA.

To print a DVD cover, I recommend using a specialized software. This will ensure that the print size will be the same as your DVD case (I use UndercoverXP, itís free).

Overall i like it, but the bevel on the text makes people pay more attention to it than the other text, such as the title, or even the pictures

BTW, talking about DVD covers, i canīt find one anywhere. The one that has Perona and Absalom. Does anyone have it?

Quote Originally Posted by March View Post
    This is a version without the K-F logo:

http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/3858/dvd01b.jpg

Honestly, I prefer the cover with the logo. It's a matter of taste but it seems quite empty whithout it. Which one do you prefer?
    You could put Eiichiro Oda's name there.

Quote Originally Posted by Skadi View Post
    BTW, talking about DVD covers, i canīt find one anywhere. The one that has Perona and Absalom. Does anyone have it?
    I'm also looking for Thriller Bark DVD covers. I just have Luffy, Usopp and Robin at the moment. In fact I'm looking for the covers after the season 09 volume 07 (Enies Lobby), if someone knows a website with some good scan, it will be a great help.

Maybe you should switch the Luffy on the spine with an earlier artwork, instead of an Enies Lobby one? Nothing big, but it is something I noticed.

Also, Morgan was a captain not a colonel.

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3762-9083

Never use Comic Sans MS ever again.
    And why does the running time say 20 minutes?
    Other than that, the covers look pretty neat.

Why would you have to put the KF logo there, anyway?

Man, you need to learn typography rules.

Quote Originally Posted by InvaderP View Post
    Never use Comic Sans MS ever again.
    Why? It looks good when it's printed. I know a lot of people doesn't like it but in my opinion, it fits One Piece spirit well. I'm open to suggestion if you have some.

And why does the running time say 20 minutes?
    It's the running time per episode. Maybe it's better if the running time is for the entire DVD (480 min).

Maybe you should switch the Luffy on the spine with an earlier artwork, instead of an Enies Lobby one?
    Congratulation for noticing that but I will keep it. The reason is the size of this picture fits exactly the spine. The quality would be always better than if I have to rescale an other picture.
    Unfotunately there are not many hq pictures of One Piece, so this will happen again.

Also, Morgan was a captain not a colonel.
    It's a french translation mistake. Morgan is a colonel not a captain in France. I'll fix it.

Why would you have to put the KF logo there, anyway?
    I like the quality of their work. Morover, I don't think you will have the same number of episodes per DVD if you use an other fansub.

Hi the first cover looks amazing. Just what i ve been looking for. Will u continue your work? best regards morick

Holy, i made a lot of dvd with 4-14 season with this

I made some FUNimation styled DVD Covers for the First One Piece Movie :)

The quality would be always better than if I have to rescale an other picture????

logo creator
    Last edited by Bohatyaor; June 14th, 2018 at 12:43 AM.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information