+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 34 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 606: Adventure in the Depth

Default Re: Chapter 606: Adventure in the Depth

Franky has been AWESOME! i really didn't like his design at first but now he's one of my favorites. (I still miss his hair)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyan D. Funk View Post
    No, we met a God cosplayer.

Take the One Piece Character Quiz!

Quote Originally Posted by maxterdexter View Post
    There could be ONE underwater devil fruit, and the crew could be full of fishmen.

My personal prediction, is that this Van-Duch-Guy has an underwater devil fruit, something like the "fishman fruit", and the rest of his crew are fishmen.
    I guess thats not the case.
    The fishman race only exists because Oda couldn`t use any fish-DF without breaking the main rule of negative effects a DF gives the user(weakness to sea water).
    Only possibilty i would see would be some kind of liquid\water-DF but even this DF would be weak under water and i guess there is no exeptions from that rule.

Also a fishman with a DF, would be kind of erasing many of his own skills with it.
    Van der Decken being a human with a DF is possible, but somehow i doubt a crew of fishman would follow him like that.
    UnrevealedVegapunk/Ryokugyu/Loki/Rocks/Im-san/S.Gaban
    IslandElbaf/Raftel/GodValley
    UnresolvedWeevil┤s plan/Explaining DFs/Deal with Kuma-Bonney┤s past/Joy-Boy/Zunisha┤s story/Rocks flashback/Void Century/Rioponeglyph/Uranus/the D.clan
    DFSpider/Wind/Metal/Wood/Acid/Liquid/Time-Stop

I just wanna say that Franky having a built-in toolbox in his arm automatically makes up for any of my disappointments with his new design.
    A woman walks into a bar. She asks the bartender for a double entendre, so he gives it to her.

Quote Originally Posted by blue-san View Post
    Yeah Franky was indeed great :)

Forget about that, how the hell is the ship even moving, especially with the ripped to shreds sails etc ?
    The crew is rowing. Look at the sides on the page it appears on. You can see the oars.

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3762-9083

Quote Originally Posted by Don Quichotte De Flamingo View Post
    I guess thats not the case.
    The fishman race only exists because Oda couldn`t use any fish-DF without breaking the main rule of negative effects a DF gives the user(weakness to sea water).
    Likely not the case, as fishmen were introduced before zoans. Oda probably just wanted some unique races to go along with the mermen that would undoubtedly be in a pirate manga.

Thanks, didn't notice that, but man must they be strong...
    人事を尽くして天命を待つ
    Link to my AMVs

I wanna see some creatures with no eyes..Usually when marine life lives in deep underwater darkness they tend lose their eyes..its like devolution.

Van derdeckan's crew definitely just consists of fishmen and probably merfolk, as someone pointed out earlier. Having the strength to row the boat, not needing a bubble, and having a part fishman giant in the crew, I don't know, from what we have seen so far a fishman wouldn't really follow a human, but there can be exceptions to everything.

Quote Originally Posted by tikidreq View Post
    I wanna see some creatures with no eyes..Usually when marine life lives in deep underwater darkness they tend lose their eyes..its like devolution.
    Nah I think it is still called evolution.

They mentioned briefly about them having milky eyes which is kinda what you are looking for

Quote Originally Posted by Brizan View Post
    Likely not the case, as fishmen were introduced before zoans. Oda probably just wanted some unique races to go along with the mermen that would undoubtedly be in a pirate manga.
    So you think Oda started this manga and introduced the fishman race in volumne 9, without already knowing that he will use zoans?
    Then i guess i can`t argue against your point.
    UnrevealedVegapunk/Ryokugyu/Loki/Rocks/Im-san/S.Gaban
    IslandElbaf/Raftel/GodValley
    UnresolvedWeevil┤s plan/Explaining DFs/Deal with Kuma-Bonney┤s past/Joy-Boy/Zunisha┤s story/Rocks flashback/Void Century/Rioponeglyph/Uranus/the D.clan
    DFSpider/Wind/Metal/Wood/Acid/Liquid/Time-Stop

BAhahaha he calls Franky Master Bikini Pants

Quote Originally Posted by IrishLuigi View Post
    The real one has been sort of mentioned in the Davy back fight.

Although in the OP world, they could be completely different people.
    No he hasn`t, not even the slightest bit. The one that has been mentioned was Davy Jones. Though there are stories that link Davy Jones to van der Decken as captain of the Flying Dutchman, the only real support for these stories is Pirates of the Caribean movies.

Anyone who would take their knowledge of mythological stories from reliable sources instead of a fictional movie trilogy would describe Davy Jones as the devil of the sea. Willem van der Decken however is most described as a captain who in 1676 sailed out on easter morning. Seeing as it was considered unright to sail out on easter van der Decken was already a sinner. Besides that he also ignored any warnings of a terrible storm. His words were: "Storm or no storm, easter or no easter I will set sail. Even if god would have me sail until the end of time I will round the cape. Legend says that the wind suddenly dropped after those words leaving van der Decken and his crew hopelessly stranded. One by one his crew died leaving only the captain to sail on forever as captain of the ghost ship the Flying Dutchman.

So even though they have some connection, there is hardly any support of a link between the Flying Dutchman and Davy Jones.

Quote Originally Posted by Bentham View Post
    OH DEAR GOD, the krakens face when luffy says good boy is the greatest thing ive ever seen :D
    Surume is a good boy!

I'm sure Luffy is going to become friend why van der deeken! And i imagine him having a curse and joining the strawhats to end this curse!

I wonder if Caribou is actually trapped? Biding his time or did Franky put seastone locks on the barrel?
    Folks who read One Piece... Just better people. »\_(ツ)_/»

Quote Originally Posted by Don Quichotte De Flamingo View Post
    Thats the point:
    I don`t see any bubbles surrounding the ship.
    So how does the crew survive down there and especially a DF-user shouldn`t be able to live there.
    Only fishman could handle that, thats why i somehow doubt that van der Decken will be a DF-user.
    He could be cursed by another DF (user). But, like Brennen said in the spoiler thread, that's a bit like Thriller Bark. Whichever way Oda may decide to play it I just hope Van der Decken isn't a fishman..
    One Piece Recaps
    576 577 578 579+580 581 582-584: part 1 part 2
    585-587
    Formerly known as JackVance

So caribou is mud after all.

My prediction is that the strawhats will get separated from decken's crew by the erupting volcano and they will meet again at FI. Perhaps they are the main antagonists?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Sandman View Post
    So caribou is mud after all.
    Seems appropriate for his character, considering he has some dirt fetish going on.
    And speaking of being a pervert...is Caribou going to be the next Absalom? I mean the man's master plan was hiding in the girls' bathroom until they arrived to FI. Tsk, tsk tsk...and here I thought Caribou had more sense! He should know that's the first place Sanji's going to look

Many people seem to like the idea of Van der Dekken having a DF. The only way I could see that happening would be combined with some form of CoA. By creating his invisible armor he is not directly touched by the water. However, his abilities should be weakened nonetheless.
    I think this would also explain why Luffy was able to also control his attack on the Kraken in terms of where he wanted to hit it. Thinking back to Arlong arc: Luffy still had his abilities and could thus be revived by Nojiko and the windmill guy, but he couldn't control it at all. Now he is able to use his G3 outside the instant coating. While the mere fact of stretching and increasing the size of his arm could be done from inside the bubble, controlling his arm to crush down on the Kraken should be impossible for him, unless he isn't touched by the water directly. The amount of water around his arm - although not touching - still had the effect of draining Luffy's strength as he said. Thus I think it is to a certain degree possible for DF users to be in the water, as long as they can control CoA.

Quote Originally Posted by namimore View Post
    Seems appropriate for his character, considering he has some dirt fetish going on.
    And speaking of being a pervert...is Caribou going to be the next Absalom? I mean the man's master plan was hiding in the girls' bathroom until they arrived to FI. Tsk, tsk tsk...and here I thought Caribou had more sense! He should know that's the first place Sanji's going to look
    Well his plan should have been finding work at the nearest Bikini Mud Wrestling establishment. Or maybe he was going to pretend to be a mud Bath in the Girls Locker room.

"Oh wow Franky upgraded the bathroom to have a mudbath .... Robin come check out the mudbath."

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information