+ Reply to Thread
Page 240 of 244 FirstFirst ... 140 190 230 238 239 240 241 242 ... LastLast
Results 4,781 to 4,800 of 4880

Thread: Game of Thrones (tv show thread)

Default Re: Game of Thrones (tv show thread)

Spoiler:
    If we are to compare the ending to LOTR, e.g. bittersweet as Martin has said, then ...

Frodo got a much better deal than Jon. Frodo went to a dreamland. Jon went to hell.

I expect book Jon to be unable to have children (i.e. dead) anyway.

In a thousand year's time when the Wildlings's numbers have recuperated, we'll have another war or something.

I half expected Drogon to come and save Jon ...

The Dorne army did nothing during this conflict. They could've just rolled over everyone. Of course, the Iron Born have probably made about 10000 ships by now.

Now we know why Bran looked at Tyrion funny in episode 1. He must've seen this.

I wonder how Martin feels about the ending to his series being revealed.

Spoiler:
    Neutral end.
    House of Starks win.
    Ending (1/3) A Dream of Spring unlocked.
    To unlock other endings, wait for a decade or two and make a different choice.
    (terms and conditions apply)

Hint: Alternative route possible when tasked with the choice "Tell your family the truth about your lineage or not"

For the full experience and the true ending, you must first experience the Chaos Route(Lannisters) and the Order Route(Targaryen).
    Thank you for playing.

The Lawful route (Stanis) and the Good route (or "I died too soon to commit war crimes" Baratheon-Tyrell aliance)when?

Also, I want the Evil route (Euron) and the Who? Route (Balon).
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    Dany's turn made perfect sense to me. Yeah the show rushed it because they don't know how to write without Martin, and turn every sex scene into a rape scene. and generally just don't get subtley, nuance or pacing.... but .... it was obvious?
    Apart from Daenerys only ever targeting enemies, betrayers and slavers before, part of the problem is that for the past two seasons a lot of the developments used to get Daenerys here have themselves been immensely contrived, her loss of a Dragon (hell, both Dragons) and Missandei being prime examples.
    And at the end of the day, all the foreshadowing in the world =/= believable character motivation and development.
    Torching innocent people without provocation after an unconditional surrender was a new thing for Daenerys, a character previously willing to lock up her dragons after they killed a single innocent child, and the show never properly articulates why she takes to Kings Landing like a fiery lawnmower, maybe beyond bitch be craaaazy! "She looked at the Red Keep and just SNAPPED-actual GOT showrunner"

Don't know what to say... Monquito's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Monquito View Post
    is gon be tomorrow, all what's left is wait and see if Jon is going to do what he has to.
    haha he actually did.
    still dissapointed that Jon's heritage lead to nowhere.

It lead to Dany's insanity.

What led to nowhere was bran time traveling.

And them changing Asha to Yara to avoid confusion with Osha, but now there is a Bran and a Bron in the council.
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    Dany's turn made perfect sense to me.
    lol she went from someone who was moderately brutal but with good intentions to the most evil person in history for no reason, how does that make sense?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Gaimon View Post
    lol she went from someone who was moderately brutal but with good intentions to the most evil person in history for no reason, how does that make sense?
    She has the devil gene

Discovered Stowaway MajinArekkusu's Avatar

No Robby, her turn IN THE SHOW didn't make sense the way it was done. That she would turn was obvious and will happen in the books, just ten times better.

Also,
    Spoiler:
    Jon joined r/freefolk to escape the shitty writing once and for all and live for the memes.
    To support Viz and SHUEISHAs MANGA Plus service hosting all Jump manga for FREE, WORLDWIDE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version.

My favorite is

Spoiler:

Jon and Tormund mirrowing Korra and Asami going north.

SW-4128-8032-0729

... well, that was lackluster.

I mean, the first 20 minutes or so were amazing. There was so much tension in absolutely every move, every word, I could feel my heart pounding. Then the tension was released and... meh.

Love how Dothraki "died" in episode 3, came back in episode 5 and then disappear like a ghost army from LoTR.
    To support Viz and SHUEISHAs MANGA Plus service hosting all Jump manga for FREE, WORLDWIDE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Cersei should have flanked them during the Long Night against the Night King.
    She could have realistically killed the dragons and crippled their forces directly after they are done or preoccupied with the walkers.
    Then the Lannisters can have the throne and the Seven Kingdoms will be at constant war.
    A chaotic end

Or Jon snow shouldn't have told Danny and stayed loyal to her.
    The entire Kings Landing would have survived and Danny would rule over with an iron fist.
    Creating her Utopia of Peace and Order under her own terms.
    To be honest, if she wasn't a craze pyromancer she can be quite an okay ruler.
    of course that would mean deceiving Sansa and her probably dying but eh better than burning down more than half of Kings Landing.
    Although he would probably spend the rest of his life questioning himself and commit suicide somewhere down the road.

Man the alternate endings for this show are endless

You don't know where the celling will colapse. But that set is too clean for the "red keep is collapsing" thing that they had going on.
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Didn't really watch it but I got the big points

Spoiler:

I'm glad Jon is not king.

A nice scene to make Jaimie BS seems sweet. Kind of redempting his reputation as kingslayer. But mostly cool to see Brienne get her proper place.

The Starks really came out on top in the end. 2 kingdoms and Jon get his real happy ending. Not to shabby. Probably helps they had more bodies than anyone to throw into the game.

It probably bother me less than Breaking Bad ending. I thought everyone story got fucked to served Walt wereas in this Danny got fucked to serve the rest so it's get more decent to more characters. Also helps that my anger burn out on the previous one.

I don't know if it's satysfying but it was decent.

Agree. Taking that the nigth king was the sub boss and that Danny went mad too fast, and that the plotters died stupid deaths, this chapter on its own was good enough. Except Bron in a position of power. Olena is going to come back from the death to murder Bron.
    SW-4128-8032-0729

So one episode to deal with the night king, one episode to deal with Cersei and one episode to deal with Dany is what we got in the end

Spoiler:
    Finally, the damned wolf was pet. And it looked awful. Dragon CGI seemed better somehow.

Also, what the fuck was the point of the horse scene in the previous episode if it just got vanished. No trace, no nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwood View Post
    So one episode to deal with the night king, one episode to deal with Cersei and one episode to deal with Dany is what we got in the end
    The monarch of the week

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information