+ Reply to Thread
Page 225 of 244 FirstFirst ... 125 175 215 223 224 225 226 227 235 ... LastLast
Results 4,481 to 4,500 of 4880

Thread: Game of Thrones (tv show thread)

  1. #4481
    The Moustache Bandit Nolus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    In the moustachy shadows~

    Default Re: Game of Thrones (tv show thread)

    Quote Originally Posted by MajinArekkusu View Post
    Spoiler:
    If a Roman general employed the battle tactics that these morons employed in this battle he would have been crucified along with every single one of his officers. A frontal cavalry charge into the mist? Putting your artillery ahead of the god damn infantry? Attempting a rolling barrage with medieval tech? Putting your highly disciplined spearmen outside of the fucking walls for no god damn reason at all? These were the top commanders in Westeros?


    D&D in Behind the Episode talk about how the Night King needed to be killed with Valyrian Steel in the exact spot that the Children of the Forest implanted the Dragonglass in his chest.


    ...Arya doesn't know jack shit about the Night King and no one told her any of these details. Makes it even more of a contrivance.


    Also:
    https://i.ibb.co/VYJjFp7/1556506782917.jpg


    I legit laughed out loud at that picture.

    Spoiler:
    Killing the Mormon girl seemed pretty over the top, but then again, it would've been bullshitty is she survived this slaughter somehow. Good thing I haven't really got any expectations and can just enjoy the few good moments here are there. The Tyrion-Sansa scene was pretty nice. Jon running around, less so. Jorah of course died saving Daenerys, no surprise there.

    The effing blade flip though, straight out of season 7 from the duel with Brienne.

    And I know this is probably nitpicky, but I would've loved if I saw anything from half of the episode. I get that it's dark and snowstorm and shit going absolutely down, but come on. I could hardly make out what was happening.


  2. #4482

    Default Re: Game of Thrones (tv show thread)

    Quote Originally Posted by Nolus View Post
    I legit laughed out loud at that picture.

    Spoiler:
    Killing the Mormon girl seemed pretty over the top, but then again, it would've been bullshitty is she survived this slaughter somehow. Good thing I haven't really got any expectations and can just enjoy the few good moments here are there. The Tyrion-Sansa scene was pretty nice. Jon running around, less so. Jorah of course died saving Daenerys, no surprise there.

    The effing blade flip though, straight out of season 7 from the duel with Brienne.

    And I know this is probably nitpicky, but I would've loved if I saw anything from half of the episode. I get that it's dark and snowstorm and shit going absolutely down, but come on. I could hardly make out what was happening.
    Mormon Girl surviving is no more bullshitty than Sam surviving

  3. #4483

    Default Re: Game of Thrones (tv show thread)

    Spoiler:
    Having had time to reflect I definitely think the episode was kind of a train wreck. The anticlimactic ending which utilized predictable formulas (magical asspull at the exact moment all hope is lost) -- and the really dumb way they decided the Night King had to die -- are just the tip of the iceberg. For example Nolus is right that it was impossible to even tell what was going on half the time. Whereas the horrifying chaos of battle was pulled off excellently in the Battle of the Bastards, here it was simply frustrating.

    It's hard to unpack and verbalize it all, but I think a big part of it has to do with stakes. This isn't just a season climax, it's a SERIES climax. So it has to be treated differently than the usual stuff. This drawn-out battle where tactics apparently aren't a thing didn't justify an 8-season buildup. Also in other battles, you never really knew which side was going to win. And there were often awesome moments where one side did something unexpected/badass. There was really nothing interesting here. I guess the corpses in the crypt reanimating was the closest for me. I mostly found it hilarious though. Otherwise the wights just charged and piled on like they always do. No strategy, no surprises. The Night King just smirked invincibly and WALKED to Bran.

    Part of it is that we've already seen almost everything that happened in different battles, where everything was executed much better. Hardhome was so much more interesting a fight against the dead. At least there the Walkers participated in battle. They literally did nothing in this one. The Battle of the Bastards was a much better clash between armies at Winterfell's doorstep. The siege on Castle Black incorporated many similar battle elements (and giants) better as well. And Dany flying out and incinerating the Lannister forces at Highgarden was infinitely more satisfying than spewing into the mist at random wights.

    But no, what I really want to see is Arya do a fucking Resident Evil roleplay for 10 minutes in the library, while the gutless writers slowly kill off the most minor possible characters until there's absolutely no tension left.

  4. #4484

    Default Re: Game of Thrones (tv show thread)

    i know this show has been bad for years now, but man this was terrible

  5. #4485
    Kick-Ass Finalis desa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Somewhere

    Default Re: Game of Thrones (tv show thread)

    I like Cersei fine and she made the only play that could let her win last season but
    Spoiler:
    Could we stop pretending that she's a threat?

    Have Danny ride on her freaking dragon and burn the bitch down. And don't give me any the Dragons are hurt BS. I do not need a reapt of s7 where Danny sheer power meant she lost but we kept pretending that Cersei was making ground and delivering devastating blows.

    Cersei should have been dead s7. Cersei should be dead next episode.



  6. #4486

    Default Re: Game of Thrones (tv show thread)

    Hidden:
    The build up to pay-off ratio in this episode left me so unfulfilled. So the night king amounted to nothing, we learn nothing about the who's or what's or why's of it all and the whole threat is ended huh.

  7. #4487

    Default Re: Game of Thrones (tv show thread)

    Spoiler:
    So now what? Bran makes a new Night King? They put the good of their house now first over everything else and start a new long night? Varys reveals that it was him all along? Cercei actually puts up a good showing?
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

  8. #4488

    Default Re: Game of Thrones (tv show thread)

    Spoiler:

    Quote Originally Posted by maxterdexter View Post
    So now what? Bran makes a new Night King? They put the good of their house now first over everything else and start a new long night? Varys reveals that it was him all along? Cercei actually puts up a good showing?
    Well now you're just being unrealistic.

  9. #4489
    Kick-Ass Finalis desa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Somewhere

    Default Re: Game of Thrones (tv show thread)

    Spoiler:
    Did the night king ever talk?



  10. #4490
    Your long-lost brother Jabra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    (ಥ ͜ʖ ಥ)

    Default Re: Game of Thrones (tv show thread)

    Spoiler:
    I can't believe it turned out exactly like I thought it would, which is really awful. I really didn't expect something super sophisticated and outside of the box, but come the fuck on...?
    If the ep were at least solid eyecandy I would have no issues with it, but 3/4 of the combat scenes were in total darkness or close-ups. And where are my fucking Ice Spiders? It's not so hard to animate spiders, I wasn't asking for much. Let them crawl out of a giant's mouth! Outside of a giant's mouth into the Bear Island girl or something.

    Seriously I can't think of anything good to say. At one point I thought I'm getting a seizure from all the deus-exing, and at the end of the day only minor characters died. I think Robby said that people dying is unlikely for various reasons, but this is really cheap crap right here.

    What am I looking forward to now? Fucking Golden Company without Elephants.


  11. #4491

    Default Re: Game of Thrones (tv show thread)


  12. #4492
    Whirlwind of Cabbages Yobiyopi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Italy

    Default Re: Game of Thrones (tv show thread)

    Spoiler:
    Let's hide the defensless people in the crypt, where dead bodies are herded, against a baddie that as we know can bring them back to his side.

  13. #4493
    Kick-Ass Finalis desa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Somewhere

    Default Re: Game of Thrones (tv show thread)

    Quote Originally Posted by Yobiyopi View Post
    Spoiler:
    Let's hide the defensless people in the crypt, where dead bodies are herded, against a baddie that as we know can bring them back to his side.
    Spoiler:
    To be fair I'm not sure zombies should be able punch stone.

    My biggest problem is how useless it was since no one important died



  14. #4494

    Default Re: Game of Thrones (tv show thread)

    Spoiler:
    I hope we still get to know more about the ice king, it would suck if they never gave us any backstory at all about him or how he was created, or what/why he was trying to accomplish I honestly loved the fan theory that Bran went back in time and became the ice king, along with being Bran the builder and being the one to drive the mad king mad)

  15. #4495

    Default Re: Game of Thrones (tv show thread)

    I think we can all agree 3 episodes for Cersei is way too much, so i expect a twist, though knowing the track record of last 4 seasons...

  16. #4496

    Default Re: Game of Thrones (tv show thread)

    Man watching this crumbles give me more pleasure than the episode itself.
    No one thought it would be that bad and dumb but it went over the expectations.
    Can't believe im saying this but damn GoT feels like a second tier shounen.
    Oh and the fans defending all kind of nonsense are probably the worst outcome of this entire franchise.
    Last edited by zeltrax225; April 30th, 2019 at 04:33 AM.

  17. #4497

    Default Re: Game of Thrones (tv show thread)

    Heh that episode won me quite a few hundred pounds.

  18. #4498
    Kick-Ass Finalis desa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Somewhere

    Default Re: Game of Thrones (tv show thread)

    Quote Originally Posted by Shiebs View Post
    Spoiler:
    I hope we still get to know more about the ice king, it would suck if they never gave us any backstory at all about him or how he was created, or what/why he was trying to accomplish I honestly loved the fan theory that Bran went back in time and became the ice king, along with being Bran the builder and being the one to drive the mad king mad)
    Spoiler:
    Dude that the children of the forest modifed used to fight humans. Now wants to get rid of all humans. Not that complicated really.


    --- Update From New Post Merge ---

    Quote Originally Posted by MiyamotoMusashi View Post
    I think we can all agree 3 episodes for Cersei is way too much, so i expect a twist, though knowing the track record of last 4 seasons...
    She should have been dead from the begenning of season 7. They'll probably make up bullshit reasons why they can't instantly roll over her just like last season.



  19. #4499

    Default Re: Game of Thrones (tv show thread)

    Quote Originally Posted by desa View Post
    Spoiler:
    Dude that the children of the forest modifed used to fight humans. Now wants to get rid of all humans. Not that complicated really.
    Hidden:
    For that to be all there is to it after all this time is horseshit no matter how one were to spin it. Barring some sort of man behind the man reveal (which would also be tremendously bullshit) they just poured seasons worth of establishing into the drain of dissappointment.

  20. #4500
    Kick-Ass Finalis desa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Somewhere

    Default Re: Game of Thrones (tv show thread)

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfwood View Post
    Hidden:
    For that to be all there is to it after all this time is horseshit no matter how one were to spin it. Barring some sort of man behind the man reveal (which would also be tremendously bullshit) they just poured seasons worth of establishing into the drain of dissappointment.
    Spoiler:
    He doesn't talk, He doesn't rest. All we see him and his guys do is show up, kill, recruit, go forward. Is there anything at all that hints that there's more?

    To me it's always been clear that they are a metaphore for death and how we shouldn't destroy each other for something as petty as power because death comes to us all. He's not the newest politician or power hungry guy. He's just plain old death which you don't bargain or threathen. You can only help each other and survive. Which is what makes it weird that Cersei is the last enemy since it destroys the metaphor.

    But yeah I don't get the whole there's more to the night and aside from them being around for 7 or 8 seasons. Is there anything to point at him being more than humanity's doom?

    Also I don't like the episode so It's not me trying to pretend it's a good thing. If Anything I believe it should have been the last fight.




+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts