+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 38 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast

Thread: Anime Pacing

The Devil's best friend.

Default Re: Anime Pacing

Would it be a sin for the anime to deviate from the manga?
    I think I'll make a thread about this one day.

Also as for the anime I don't care and I don't watch it , aside from for morbid curousity for how'll they will handle big moments like Ace dying, and Whitebeard kicking bucket.

But I am grateful to it for introducing me to the manga, since without the anime I may have never have even gotten into the series....
    Though maybe I could have without it, but whatever.

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKingJC View Post
    Are you seriously getting adrenaline from typing posts on a forum?! Really?!
    Quote Originally Posted by RPGJay View Post
    No you really didn't answer anything.

You don't get an adrenaline rush from being wrong.
    Yep.

Quote Originally Posted by JERK DISEASE View Post
    No lol.

No one would write like that ever, ever. Unless they were being forced to do so. And the standards of adapting huge ongoing weekly serial comics into weekly TV shows requires that of them.

It is artistically bankrupt, and only done for pragmatic reasons. Defending it artistically is a hilarious pile of bullshit.

Would you like me to repeat it constantly in long drawn out form with colored text?

Uh, no actually you don't just get to wander off from the point I made drooling and picking your nose while wondering what I was talking about.

Either rebut me or shut up.

DUH DRAGONBALL DIFFERENT FOR NO REASON
    I know plenty of people who accept the anime's pacing. It's not bad at all. For an anime I would say that it's generally accepted by other screenwriters. There I said it. Each episode progresses enough to qualify as good pacing. It's just slower than the manga. This isn't like DBZ. Again the anime isn't made for people who read the manga it's not some "alternative" made for people who read the manga it's just another way to watch One Piece.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiroy View Post
    Skipping recaps/filler/unnecessary scenes? O my! What a wonderful idea! Why didn't I think of it before? It's almost as good as taking out a pair of scissors and cutting out comic book panels I don't like. Thank you very much for your innovative and mind-blowing idea.

No seriously. Why go through extra work to make a animation company's finished work more enjoyable?
    It's not that hard I don't see the big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by JellyBean View Post
    Haha, you're not the only one who enjoys watching the normal lives of the Straw Hats, I do too ;)
    I know right.

A real rain will come... JERK DISEASE's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tori22 View Post
    For an anime I would say that it's generally accepted by other screenwriters.
    You don't know any fucking screenwriters lol, you're pulling this completely out of your ass.

There I said it.
    No you didn't. You made some nonsense claim you know nothing of.
    I want YOU to tell me straight up that it's perfect pacing, no room for improvement of any kind. That if you gave it to a screenwriter who had no major limitations like bobbing along like a retarded duck behind the manga's progression, that he would write the anime's pacing.

Each episode progresses enough to qualify as good pacing.
    No it fucking doesn't.
    Pick an episode, a recent episode that you consider good pacing and I will tear it apart. Not from a manga reader perspective, but from a screenwriting adaptation standard. Which by the way I am accredited to do by a major institution, so don't start up with "BUHT ITS OVER YOUR HEAD U CANT DO IT :()"

It's just slower than the manga. This isn't like DBZ.
    Again the anime isn't made for people who read the manga
    lolllllllllll
    Yes it is moron. Who the hell do you think watches it in Japan? Do you seriously think are thousands of people who don't read Jump but DO watch the prime time show regularly?
    ahahahahahahaha
    it's not some "alternative" made for people who read the manga it's just another way to watch One Piece.
    The manga is One Piece. Anything else is an alternative.
    1. Ace (), 2. WB (), 3. BB (X), 4. Perona () 5. Boa () 6. Jimbei (???), 7. Sabo lives (), 8. Timeskip ()

You don't know any fucking screenwriters lol, you're pulling this completely out of your ass.
    Well do u? Ur asking me that but then u assume that i dont know any screenwriters..........

No you didn't. You made some nonsense claim you know nothing of.
    I want YOU to tell me straight up that it's perfect pacing, no room for improvement of any kind. That if you gave it to a screenwriter who had no major limitations like bobbing along like a retarded duck behind the manga's progression, that he would write the anime's pacing.
    So u want me to come to ur house and tell you with a straight face that One Piece has good pacing. That's fine just give me ur address and i'll come over there. Again, as an anime I would say it meets expectations. How do u know im not a screenwriter

No it fucking doesn't.
    Pick an episode, a recent episode that you consider good pacing and I will tear it apart. Not from a manga reader perspective, but from a screenwriting adaptation standard. Which by the way I am accredited to do by a major institution, so don't start up with "BUHT ITS OVER YOUR HEAD U CANT DO IT :()"
    Well if u really wanna play this game then how about we start with episode 405.

lolllllllllll
    Yes it is moron. Who the hell do you think watches it in Japan? Do you seriously think are thousands of people who don't read Jump but DO watch the prime time show regularly?
    ahahahahahahaha
    The manga is One Piece. Anything else is an alternative.
    Yea, I know a ton of people IN JAPAN who watch the anime and to be honest never even knew there was a manga. Besides those idiots there are many other people who don't read the manga. Dude it's made for people in Japan who are either really young or for people who don't read manga. It's also made for people who read the manga but not primarily, I'm pretty sure they don't factor the manga readers as necessary viewers. They don't really care whether the manga readers like it or not it's for the people who don't read the manga. If everyone read the manga then there wouldn't really need to be an anime adaption in the first place. I think u said this a while ago in this thread that the anime adaption was made for nothing but money. I really like the anime and I'm happy about it but if I read the manga along with the rest of the fans then why would they make an anime adaption? Dude it's like batman or superman, I mean we all know that they were based off of comics but the animated series that every1 watched weren't made for the comic book fans necessarily.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyan D. Funk View Post
    How does that work exactly.

"So yeah this thing is awesome but I think I like it's crappy knock-off from Taiwan better."
    Basically, its a smart way to say "You are right on everything you say, but I still enjoy the Anime more than I do the Manga", so that they can watch and enjoy the Anime without bothering going to Forums argue why they enjoy it more and getting into a colossal debate where they are the losing side for sure.

Variations of this technique are "Whatever you say, I enjoy Anime more" and "Boy, the Manga sure is awesome" (Goes to watch Anime, ignore Manga)

It's cute when people try to pretend meaningless filler is either worth some substance, and that whatever happens in filler has any actual bearing on what One Piece characters would or would not do casually when it's all just extra crap studio hacks throw in to stall.
    No it's not it shows us the SH's lives it's just something some people would like to see plus Oda supervises all of the filler.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMidnightRift View Post
    Basically, its a smart way to say "You are right on everything you say, but I still enjoy the Anime more than I do the Manga", so that they can watch and enjoy the Anime without bothering going to Forums argue why they enjoy it more and getting into a colossal debate where they are the losing side for sure.

Variations of this technique are "Whatever you say, I enjoy Anime more" and "Boy, the Manga sure is awesome" (Goes to watch Anime, ignores Manga)
    Oh don't get me wrong I've considered everything people have said and I still prefer the manga some people like the anime better it's not cuz we're ignorant and stubborn it's cuz we think it's better and THEN we get into a collosal arguement.
    Last edited by tori22; February 7th, 2011 at 05:34 PM.

The Fabulous Ronettes Cyan D. Funk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tori22 View Post
    No it's not it shows us the SH's lives it's just something some people would like to see plus Oda supervises all of the filler.
    Oda does not oversee filler. He writes the manga which give the animators ideas (None ever too good) for filler, but he himself has no part in it.

Oda does not oversee filler. He writes the manga which give the animators ideas (None ever too good) for filler, but he himself has no part in it.
    Yea he did an SBS on it too he said that he oversees the fillers to see if they're using stuff that he wants to use later on in the manga and he will give his overall approval for each filler arc as well. This doesn't include fillers within arcs (besides maybe the arabasta fillers and stuff), this is mainly the entire stories that didn't happen in the manga. He gives his approval for each filler arc.

IIRC, the animators ask them if they can use a certain DF idea, and Oda either accepts or denies, because he may want to use those DF's, he doesn't actually bother viewing the fillers and saying if they fit in with the characters

Edit: And they certainly don't

IIRC, the animators ask them if they can use a certain DF idea, and Oda either accepts or denies, because he may want to use those DF's, he doesn't actually bother viewing the fillers and saying if they fit in with the characters

Edit: And they certainly don't
    I would say that some of them do u guys are just biass because it's not from the manga. If the filler arc was in the manga then I bet u guys would love it. But anyway some of them don't I guess. And I'm pretty sure he gives his approval for the filler arc not if it fits with the characters just if it's good or not or something that's what I heard and that's what Tite Kubo does for Bleach.....

If the filler arc was in the manga then it wouldn't be filler, and done by Oda himself. So that point is worthless.

Nope, tori22, the Animators have misinterpreted personalities and past events far too many times for you to use the excuse that we are biased.
    One of the examples I remember from now is Nico Robin saying a bunch of shit to Brook that not only was completely out of character (She would never open up to Brook like that) as it didn't make any sense (Her reasons for certain happenings that I won't spoil to you were explained earlier, and she contradicted them there)

So, yeah, filler sucks, suck it up and start reading the Manga, you will be like all of us as soon as you lay your eyes and bother comparing the drawn-out episodes with the chapters

The Fabulous Ronettes Cyan D. Funk's Avatar

My favorite Filler Fuckup is Zoro cutting steel before Alabasta.

Meh, to be fair, TOEI wasn't to blame there, how could they know Zoro was gonna be unable to cut steel?

He never showed any indication before that he could do it so it's their fault for thinking that shit up in the first place. That's why nobody likes fillers because it's often OOC that it's painful to watch.

My favorite Filler Fuckup is Zoro cutting steel before Alabasta.
    Whoa I think I must have missed it. What filler was that?

A real rain will come... JERK DISEASE's Avatar

Meh, to be fair, TOEI wasn't to blame there, how could they know Zoro was gonna be unable to cut steel?
    But it still highlights the fundamental worthless write off quality that is filler.

tori22 I'll respond to you tomorrow as I'm currently digesting Nyquil (or knock out juice).
    1. Ace (), 2. WB (), 3. BB (X), 4. Perona () 5. Boa () 6. Jimbei (???), 7. Sabo lives (), 8. Timeskip ()

It was during this god-awful Apis arc (which I skipped) but I think it was around episode 59.

Oh, I saw that years ago then xD

To be honest, some filler here and there is fine just as long as it's not too much. (aka Bleach) Regardless I would still prefer it if they stayed on track.

The problem is as long as they don't introduce longer breaks in the anime to allow the manga to develop they can never stay on track. But that is the business model of almost all long-running animes just look at Naruto and Bleach they are running non-stop. Naruto is the worst offender though nothing excuses almost two years of filler.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information