+ Reply to Thread
Page 75 of 316 FirstFirst ... 25 65 73 74 75 76 77 85 125 175 ... LastLast
Results 1,481 to 1,500 of 6317

Thread: DC Movies Thread - Shazam saves the day

Default Re: DC Movies Thread - Well, I guess we can sneak in Wonder Woman

I'm kind of curious if DC is going to introduce magic. I've read some article about how movie goers don't really like magic and prefer something more SciFi like aliens or technology. And the man of steel went for a "realistic " direction so magic might kinda clash with that. I kinda wish WW just has a cameo in this movie and the justice league movie involves her origins.
    Ganzbino

Quote Originally Posted by KaizokuJinbei View Post
    Cool, maybe he can make all the shitty writers disappear.

Novel I'm working on: The Dutchman
    Chapters Completed: 1!!
    Twitch / Blogspot

I've got a question - if there was a Wonder Woman movie, who could the villain potentially be? I'm not overly familiar with the character, but the only villains that I know of for Wonder Woman are Circe, Ares, and Cheetah, and I'm not sure if any of those would be considered her arch-enemies. (though admittedly, I'm mainly familiar with them due to video games like DC Universe Online or Injustice Gods Among Us) The main reason I ask is because I was wondering why Wonder Woman was being introduced this way, which got me thinking about how a Wonder Woman movie would work if she got a solo film instead of a (presumably) supporting role in another character's movie.

My knowledge of WW is almost the same as yours, mostly video games and whatever DCAU spits out. That said Ares might be the best villain if they're going for a bigger story. Assuming WW gets her abilities from the old gods they can create a whole backstory with the old gods vs new gods. Seeing the power of an old god would be would give viewers an idea on how strong darksied would be.
    Ganzbino

Ares best incarnation for me has been in the new Azzarello run...but that is mainly because I love the way he is tackling the gods in this.

As for Diana appearing in The Justice League ft. Superman....eeeeeehhhhh.....too many heroes are going to spoil this broth. Goyer barely had a handle on Superman on his own.

MALKIOR THE DESTROYER KaizokuJinbei's Avatar

PSN: Ryuunaga, Nintendo Switch Friend ID: SW-1971-9767-4001, Steam: Malkior7, 3DS FC: 4167-5777-1464

Nothing against Jason Momoa, but they're speculating Doomsday? MARTIAN MANHUNTER?

WTF IS THIS MOVIE TURNING INTO?!

Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    Nothing against Jason Momoa, but they're speculating Doomsday? MARTIAN MANHUNTER?

speculators are idtiots.

All they ever do is predict the most hyped or most wanted thing, not what is feasable.

If I were to guess I woudl say Metallo. Seeing as Lex Luther is in the movie, it would make some sense to have him create Metallo and that would be a good fit for him

Though I'm curious as to where kryptonite rock will come from. Cause I doubt the meteors managed to fly all the way from krypton to earth fromt eh explosion. That would take thousands if not millions of years. So unless they were somehow present in one of the ships there shouldn't be any in our galaxy even, let alone earth.

Also as much as Kyrptonite is a staple of superman lore I almost hope it stays out. It's always annoying how much beating superman is relied on having a little piece of rock a few feet away. Would like the writers to come up with something a little more creative and unifque.

Do we even know that this is gonna be titled "Superman..." something, or "Superman vs Batman"? For all we know this could be the first Justice League movie, at least it looks like it so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post

Justice League. A rushed, back door Justice League that WB hopes to trade on the bigger name recognition that a Batman vs Superman title provides.

They are doing the opposite of Marvel. Instead of starting with individual movies, they are starting with a group and branching out into individual franchises. Who knows if this will work, but I applaud DC for at least trying something different instead of copy and paste the Marvel formula.

I don't think this will be a true justice league movie, for all we know Wonder Woman will be nothing more than a cameo. We can't really judge anything till at least we see a trailer.
    FC: 5043 2397 0050 In Game trainer name (WolfWood)

Quote Originally Posted by MagiciteKefka View Post
    Do we even know that this is gonna be titled "Superman..." something, or "Superman vs Batman"? For all we know this could be the first Justice League movie, at least it looks like it so far.
    Pretty sure the movie will be batman/superman of some sort.

The others being casted I doubt have a big part in the movie. I have a feeling it will be small cameos basically to just make the world bigger and hoping to build up some hype for their own stand alone movies potentially. if everyone loves wonder woman 5 minutes on screen then they may go to her stand alone movie. If they hate it then dc will scrap the idea of using her.

Think of the avengers and Hulk. Look how insanely popular he was and how the people screamed for his own movie. It stangely didn't happen. But I imagine that is what DC is trying to do here with all these others. Gauge peoples reactions during their short time on screen.

Meanwhile have the film focused on the two big sellers superman and batman.

Quote Originally Posted by Hinscher View Post

Think of the avengers and Hulk. Look how insanely popular he was and how the people screamed for his own movie. It stangely didn't happen.
    Hulk already had two of his own movies prior to the Avengers.

Quote Originally Posted by Hinscher View Post
    speculators are idtiots.
    Though I'm curious as to where kryptonite rock will come from. Cause I doubt the meteors managed to fly all the way from krypton to earth fromt eh explosion. That would take thousands if not millions of years. So unless they were somehow present in one of the ships there shouldn't be any in our galaxy even, let alone earth.
    If kryptonite does exist in this universe, and I'm with you and hope it doesn't, I think they'll have it be rocks(minerals if you're hank) from the terraformed earth superman stopped in MoS
    Ganzbino

Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    Hulk already had two of his own movies prior to the Avengers.
    Yea and they didn't do the best i don't believe.

everyone wanted an Iron Man 2, Thor 2, Captain America 2, when their first ones came out.
    Not as many wanted a Hulk 2. Heck most people don't even think of the hulk movie when thinking of the whole Avengers part 1 movies.

Quote Originally Posted by moe lester518 View Post
    If kryptonite does exist in this universe, and I'm with you and hope it doesn't, I think they'll have it be rocks(minerals if you're hank) from the terraformed earth superman stopped in MoS
    Yea i suppose that could work. You saw clark coughing when he was in the dust clouds above the machine. So maybe it somehow artificially made some crytponite

maybe Wonder woman is just supposed to be one of those mid credit scene things like Marvel does

Member of Beelzebub is Freakin' Awesome Group
    what I'm catching up on currently: Gintama, lone wolf & cub, Nausicaš of the Valley of the Wind, and lost in poem (by our very own AP member GEPPETTOSMONSTER)

Quote Originally Posted by choperman View Post
    maybe Wonder woman is just supposed to be one of those mid credit scene things like Marvel does
    If that were the case, there wouldn't have been an announcement of her casting or anything like that.
    3DS friend code: 2964-8756-2295
    Games: Pokemon Y & Alpha Sapphire

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=91758

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=91748

Superman VS Batman is being rewritten by Ben Affeleck co-writer from Argo and Joaquin Phoenix is apparently being offered the role as Lex.

hmm seems people love Ben Affleck movies that he directs so could be good news.

Though in same sense I'm worried since he is batman. I'm afraid they make superman look stupid or dumb him down in order for batman to look awesome, and seeing as ben afleck is batman and he is part of the writing, will he write himself up and superman down?

huh thought the breaking bad guy was already cast for lex. must have been a rumor i guess.

Well, that's good to hear. If that's the result of Ben Affleck pulling strings, then his involvement may be a good thing.

In other news, here's an interview by Kevin Smith with Paul Dini where Dini says cartoon execs don't want female viewers because they think they won't buy the toys:
    http://io9.com/paul-dini-superhero-c...ium=socialflow

*gnashes teeth*

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information