+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12

Thread: James Bond Thread

Default Re: James Bond Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Nilitch View Post
    I'm not sure of where they're going with female 007. Like, it's not James Bond anymore, so... wut ? This last years we've been getting more and more strong female characters in the movie industry. I don't think we need to touch to James Bond.
    Cheap cash grab on a marketable brand.
    https://www.indiewire.com/2021/09/da...an-1234666366/

Quote Originally Posted by Nilitch View Post
    I'm not sure of where they're going with female 007. Like, it's not James Bond anymore, so... wut ? This last years we've been getting more and more strong female characters in the movie industry. I don't think we need to touch to James Bond.
    ...They aren't going anywhere with it. Female 007 is a supporting character in a movie that is still very much about James Bond, played by Daniel Craig, that still ends with the promise that "JAMES BOND WILL RETURN." But since the last movie ended with Bond quitting MI6 and therefore not being 007 anymore, the movie saw fit to introduce another character who had taken over his rank.
    ...Any further points require going into massive spoilers for No Time To Die though, but...
    Spoiler:
    by the climax Bond is reinstated as 007 anyway. And really, the standard "JAMES BOND WILL RETURN" message feels very strange in light of the fact that Bond literally dies at the end but... I guess that means the next movie will be a reboot? Either that or they're going to reveal that he survived somehow but honestly that would feel very bullshit indeed. But in any case, No Time To Die is still a movie starring a man named James Bond, the next movie in the franchise will also star a man named James Bond (either through reboot or through "Ha ha, I somehow survived standing right in the middle of an island-destroying missile strike where I deliberately placed myself to be as killable as possible!"), and there is absolutely no reason why the man named James Bond can't have a competent female co-star whom he doesn't have sex with for once.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Starfish View Post
    Spoiler:
    and there is absolutely no reason why the man named James Bond can't have a competent female co-star whom he doesn't have sex with for once.
    Spoiler:
    There is also Ana de Armas in the movie. Anyway, Bond was in love in this movie. And had sex once (with Léa Seydoux at the beginning of the movie in Italy) I guess.
    I know I'm not answering to anything here, just commenting...
    Every nation gets the government it deserves.---- Joseph de Maistre

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information