Voters
103. You may not vote on this poll
  • OF COURSE! 4kids just went of of hand

60 58.25%
  • NO!!! It can only fail.

8 7.77%
  • No. I dont like the story being toned down

24 23.30%
  • No. Theres too many ******** to work(A cookie if you can guess what goes here)

11 10.68%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Can a One Piece Y7-FV dub be done right?

Default Re: Can a One Piece Y7-FV dub be done right?

The DC animated universe is awesome! And if you want to know the rating, just catch a rerun on disney xd and find out.

Actually, censorship is LESS tight than it once was, jus the that there havent been anyone with enough balls to push the envelope.The spectacular spiderman had guns and stuff.

Mythically Inept Inventor dan2026's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by aegisrawks View Post
    , just that there havent been anyone with enough balls to push the envelope.
    This.
    The DC Animated stuff got away with so much because they pushed and pushed to see what they could get away with.

Look at it this way, is there anything objectionable in One Piece that hasn't been shown more graphically in other series'?
    Its only because One Piece is a 'kids show' that the content is so riske.

If say Cartoon Network aired it completely uncut, what would happen?

a) Some complaints - Who cares, they can air whatever they choose.
    b) Popularity among Kids - Kids love violence, kids love action, kids love comedy, kids also love watching things that are probably too 'adult' for them.
    c) Set a standard -If One Piece becomes a success, it paves the way for showing more uncut anime.

Great sage,equal of heaven Darkstorm's Avatar

I remember in Superman TAS they actually had an onscreen death, followed by a funeral. They'd been leading up to a big fight for ages beforehand, and this ended up one of the pinnacles of DCAU (t'was a two parter called "Apokolips...Now!" for anyone interested).

El Sucio Sánchez SantoryuMaster97's Avatar

Well in Naruto on Disney XD when the old lady died they were right in front of her grave with a grave stone, they said she "passed on" so....

Im not making a point im just saying.
    Survivor of the Ivotas Holocaust!

XboxLive Gamertag: Big Evil99
    Addiction defines Gravity. Speed over addiction

Funimation's edited TV Skypiea was left relatively unscathed. I dont see how it couldnt work at all

XBL: SympathyX PSN: CTD-SympathyX 3DS: 0344-9267-0120
    Quote Originally Posted by tori22 View Post
    I would say that some of them do u guys are just biass because it's not from the manga. If the filler arc was in the manga then I bet u guys would love it.

There is now a third channel with anime, The Hub got deltora quest, lets see how that fares.

I hope someone will air one piece again. No matter the rating....

Believe it or not, the Uk's Cartoon Network "sister" channel CNToo STILL AIRS THE 4KIDS DUB. I'M SERIOUS.

Can you see why I'm just getting teh R1 DVDs instead? ¬_¬

Support One Piece in the UK! Buy One Piece on DVD from Manga Entertainment!

And when they run out of episodes what do they do? Air the old ones again?

I guess so since according to the One Piece wiki, they've been reairing starting from the Drum arc since september of last year

Support One Piece in the UK! Buy One Piece on DVD from Manga Entertainment!

No, because there's no damn reason it should be anything less than TV-PG FV. Practically everything is becoming TV-PG now, most of Cartoon Network's new shows are PG. Generator Rex, Untold History, Clone Wars, 6teen and Total Drama (not so NEW, but still PG). Even Nicktoons brands their Naruto broadcasts as PG. And technically as long as no tight asses get in the way, One Piece can be uncut as TV-PG just as long as FUNi doesn't include the cussing which isn't in the original anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Buuhan1 View Post
    No, because there's no damn reason it should be anything less than TV-PG FV. Practically everything is becoming TV-PG now, most of Cartoon Network's new shows are PG. Generator Rex, Untold History, Clone Wars, 6teen and Total Drama (not so NEW, but still PG). Even Nicktoons brands their Naruto broadcasts as PG. And technically as long as no tight asses get in the way, One Piece can be uncut as TV-PG just as long as FUNi doesn't include the cussing which isn't in the original anyways.

Even Powerpuff Girls got a PG rating when they were airing it to promote the DVD.

Bring Back Sarus!

Without KOS the forum is a POS.

Quote Originally Posted by competitionbros View Post
    Even Powerpuff Girls got a PG rating when they were airing it to promote the DVD.
    And even that was stricty because of the matter of the girl's original moniker in the pilot.

Like the Avatar?
    / Like the Miis?
    Dragalia Lost ID: 97617932505

Quote Originally Posted by Buuhan1 View Post
    Dont you mean Disney XD? Cuz Nicktoons Airs Dragon Ball Z Kai. With a Y7-FV.

Ex. Member of COOL PANTS 9 KagePakkun!'s Avatar

I think it could be done right. The DBZ Kai dub is still really good.

Quote Originally Posted by Shift View Post
    And even that was stricty because of the matter of the girl's original moniker in the pilot.
    Didn't they sometimes show blood in the Powerpuff Girls? I even remember eyes falling out sorry if I'm wrong, it's been like 10 years since I watched that show.

They did. The opening for one.

But it's a "old" "american" cartoon. We all know how they can get away with more when it comes to that.

Yes, it can. They just gotta stop being anal like they were when OP began airing on CN. There's no need for flashes every time someone gets hit. I can understand editing the blood but flashing hits is ridiculous. Funi also needs to stop trying to sneak things in like Sanji's or Cricket's sig randomly. It just looks really strange.

If they want to do anything they should do it like Rurouni Kenshin when it aired on CN. Every once in a while they'd have a swear, like damn, or some blood be shown.

Discovered Stowaway Chopperman1978's Avatar

personally I don't know how it can be done. I think it has to go to PG here.

It can be done on cable, not on a network inviroment.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information