Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14

Thread: The Official 2010 Tournament Statistics Thread

Default Re: The Official 2010 Tournament Statistics Thread

1. Total from Round 1 + 2
    2. Previous Total + (First Appearance x 100,000) + (Most Recent Appearance x 10,000) + (1,000,000/Rank in total vote)
    3. Previous Total + (Last Appearance - First Appearance x 1,000) + (20,000,000/Rank in total vote)
    4. Previous Total + (Combined Opponent) + (40,000,000/Rank in total vote) + (Average margin of victory by percentages round to nearest ten x 1,000,000)
    5. (Previous Total + Bounty of Semi-Final Opponent) rounded to nearest hundred million

*First Round opponents had their bounty from First Round of this year and last.

Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq in the Fourth Round Discussion thread
    First appearances can be deceiving especially if you're not paying attention to the current discussion. It was established a long time ago that the Fourth Round bounties are calculated in a different manner than they were in the Third Round. At least a few people have ignored that and claimed to know how it works.

Just because you've seen something before doesn't mean that it'll be the same the next or even last time you see it as things can continue to change over time; the Fifth Round will be different from the Fourth Round and the Sixth Round will be different from that. So even if somebody figures out the current Round, they may not understand the next and shouldn't claim to until they actually do the math to make sure things are adding up as they should be. Look before you leap and all that.

Like I said the first time, it's not as easy as it appears to be and won't be any easier the last time either. Keep trying though and maybe it'll all fall into place in time (or not, whichever). Don't give up though even if you have to go through it a thousand, ten thousand, one hundred thousand, or even a million times.
    Complicating things since 2009.

From Steel Balls... Muda Muda no Mi's Avatar

I'm so glad I quit while I was ahead....

...I would've NEVER figured that shit out on my own.

Oh my.

Wow. Just... wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    1. Total from Round 1 + 2
    2. Previous Total + (First Appearance x 100,000) + (Most Recent Appearance x 10,000) + (1,000,000/Rank in total vote)
    3. Previous Total + (Last Appearance - First Appearance x 1,000) + (20,000,000/Rank in total vote)
    4. Previous Total + (Combined Opponent) + (40,000,000/Rank in total vote) + (Average margin of victory by percentages round to nearest ten x 1,000,000)
    5. (Previous Total + Bounty of Semi-Final Opponent) rounded to nearest hundred million
    Wow, I wouldn't have ever figured all that out. (I actually thought the formula didn't change each round, at first. :O)

Are you going to make it more complex next year, Ubiq? :P

Discovered Stowaway

well other than

Previous Total + (First Appearance x smehting)
    i don't think we got even close

... I can't believe I wasted hours trying to figure that out.

And to think, I pretty much gave away the first appearance part, too.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Keep in mind that that is the list for each round that we had a bounty posted.

Fourth Round Bounty was 2, Fifth Round was 3, and so on. So it's not like you were all trying to figure out every single one of those steps at once.

And I don't think people were all that off of figuring out the Fourth Round Bounty really. By 8-Ball questions alone, they had it down to:

(Previous Total) + (First Appearance x ?) + (? x ?) + (? / ?) = Current Bounty
    Last edited by Ubiq; September 29th, 2010 at 03:44 PM.

Discovered Stowaway piratemarimo's Avatar

Whoa!! No wonder Kitsune was being driven mad. Kudos for coming up with something that complicated though. Was it all Ubiq's idea?

It was never meant to be especially hard or a mystery... then it turned out to be. We all agreed it needed to be harder to spite the folks bragging about it to the dismay of those that couldn't figure it out in round 3.

I think Gekko suggested adding first appearances to the bounties, and Ubiq is the devious bastard that came up with Previous Total + (First Appearance x 100,000) + (Most Recent Appearance x 10,000) + (1,000,000/Rank in total vote)

plus all the formula's that came afterword. Including Whitebeard's final winning bounty, 3,500,000,000.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Next year they multiply the totals by the characters (estimated) height plus the number of panels they appear in.

Just watch.

your avatar is sooooo Messy Insider 2000

and yet..this charade was quite simple
    When AP used to be good:

NEVER FORGET !!

Oh dammit, I wasn't even close.
    Everything's Eventual...

air to surface missiles asm00200's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RobbyBevard View Post
    Including Whitebeard's final winning bounty, 3,500,000,000.
    so even Whitebeard couldn't get 600,000,000,000

i'm suck at math and in the end i still can't figure it out..

but after looking at the answer posted by Ubiq, i'm not ashamed. how can somebody figure it out?

The Tetsuo Ishimaru of AP Gizmo's Avatar

Yeah, definitely wasn't close. Very interesting formulas.

Kudos to the mods.

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

How to create a bounty puzzle that's basically impossible for people to solve: find some random variables like first appearance, total of on-screen chapters, total of speech bubbles, rank in percentage, etc...then multiple/divide them with 1000, twist them together with some random equation.

How to solve it: Patiently and constantly use the trials-and-errors method. If you are as lucky as Luffy you will eventually figure out.
    Last edited by Sea; September 30th, 2010 at 05:19 AM.

You should talk; the complexity of the whole thing is largely because of you.

Anyway, the main problem people had from the start was a failure to look for similarities in the pattern as well as comparing the extreme differences.

Luffy, Roger, and Shanks were extremely close to each other (less than 300K seperated the three) and were at the bottom of the list when the bonus for each bounty was ranked. "What did they have in common?" should have been the focus when it comes to trying to work things out.

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    You should talk
    Yeah, because the only time I said the first bounty was easy was aiming to a guy who also figured it out.
    In the 4th discussion, at first I thought the formula was still the same, while the "mystery" has been revealed many times in the 3rd round thread.
    the complexity of the whole thing is largely because of you.
    A personal challenge to me? Cool. Thank for estimating me so high as to make it so "complicated".

Luffy, Roger, and Shanks were extremely close to each other (less than 300K seperated the three) and were at the bottom of the list when the bonus for each bounty was ranked. "What did they have in common?" should have been the focus when it comes to trying to work things out.
    Great analyze here. As smart as you are, perhaps if you weren't the one making the puzzle you would figure the formula out.
    Last edited by Sea; September 30th, 2010 at 06:05 PM.

Thread Information