Page 5 of 118 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 105 ... LastLast

Thread: First Round Discussion Thread

Default Re: First Round Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by TräshCät View Post
    yours isn't much better. those polls don't matter when it comes to the AP character tournament.
    Bon, WB , Buggy aint in this cause people havent voted on them yet..and its much more recent than the Japanese one.

Kishishi. Yo. Ho. Ho. BekaDidAct's Avatar

Moria the Great

Pfft, like a Japanese poll is any more valid than a Narutofan forum poll when Arlong Park is concerned.

After all, the Japanese Bleach fans cheerfully vote for Hitsugaya in their fan polls or Sasuke in the Naruto polls. Can you see AP fans doing the same thing?
    Complicating things since 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    Pfft, like a Japanese poll is any more valid than a Narutofan forum poll when Arlong Park is concerned.

After all, the Japanese Bleach fans cheerfully vote for Hitsugaya in their fan polls or Sasuke in the Naruto polls. Can you see AP fans doing the same thing?
    Exactly. This....

Quote Originally Posted by blue-san View Post
    The monkey guy is cool so I guess I could give him a vote if it would make you happy, since Ivankov will probably win by a large margin anyways
    Thank you and I know this is probably true, but I see this a chance to campaign for an idea I can truly get behind (monkeys shooting people in the face) even if the odds are stacked inexorably against Doma in this match-up.
    As a real man, I must try even knowing there is an almost certain chance of failure.
    I can then say that I did everything possible and there was nothing left for me to do.
    That it was merely fate that conspired against the monkey and Doma.
    HOWEVER, if I sat this match out thinking that hope was lost because Ivankov came in 11th place last year and garnered a roughly 78% of the vote in his prelim then I would be nothing but a coward.
    SO come Ivankov and I will show you the true fires of Doma and his monkey's soul.
    May the best contestant win and I look forward to this match.
    Last edited by Blagtastic; May 5th, 2010 at 01:06 AM. Reason: Grammar

Shipmate

Quote Originally Posted by GaaraofTheDesert View Post
    It was 2 and a haLf years ago and Vivi is 14th..are you serious ?!
    So? Straw Hats dominating the top ain't changing even after the War. And Vivi is always high in Japanese polls.

And come on.

Naruto

Fan

You don't get lower than that.
    Last edited by Silverblade; May 5th, 2010 at 01:04 AM. Reason: But that is Japan. This is Internet.

Jump popularity polls are generally dominated by middle school aged fangirls. The scope of the community here is totally different.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverblade View Post
    So? Straw Hats dominating the top ain't changing even after the War. And Vivi is always high in Japanese polls.

And come on.

Naruto

Fan

You don't get lower than that.
    It is changing, cause rather than Luffy and Zoro I cant see any Straw Hat being able to beat Bon, Croc, WB, Buggy, Rayleigh, Garp etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Alucard_LX View Post
    Get your tournament sheets here folks!

http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs71/i/20...eswalkerLX.jpg

Print em out and stick em on your wall

EDIT: High res version:
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=9I2DVCQ1
    well, here's my version:

Spoiler:

and it wast easy to make it!!!!!
    now if you excuse my i have fan arts to draw...

Coby will be left out by Kungfu dugons. Man...

Shipmate

Are Internets so really different? At least the mindset of quite a few people in it compares to that of a middle schooler.

But seriously, as is it wrong to compare with Japan, it is so much more wrong to compare to Narutofan.

It is changing, cause rather than Luffy and Zoro I cant see any Straw Hat being able to beat Bon, Croc, WB, Buggy, Rayleigh, Garp etc.
    I guess for that we will have to wait for another poll which might be in another 1-1.5 years.

We're all doomed. Blackbeard first absorbed Whitebeard, now he's going to absorb PWNGOAT?! You might as well hand him the keys to the Grand Line now.

Bon, WB , Buggy aint in this cause people havent voted on them yet..and its much more recent than the Japanese one.
    seriously? i don't care.

if you wanna see who's famous with the AP forums ... watch the tournament. if you wanna see who's famous with the japanese, wait for the next official poll.

but regarding the japanese ... it always helps if your favourite character is a handsome guy, a hot chick or something incredibly cute ... they'll be ranked the highest.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverblade View Post
    Are Internets so really different? At least the mindset of quite a few people in it compares to that of a middle schooler.

But seriously, as is it wrong to compare with Japan, it is so much more wrong to compare to Narutofan.
    We can wait and see how the final result...will be different from the Narutoforums poll in the end.

Coby will beat Dugongs

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    33. Franky vs. Luffy
    Hidden:

Shipmate

We can wait and see how the final result...will be different from the Narutoforums poll in the end.
    Well, that as well.

Still.

Naruto Fan.

54. Coby vs. Kung Fu Dugongs
    This is an anticipated final!!

you know ... regarding franky vs. luffy ... i like 'em both but i'll probably vote franky. it's harder to kick luffy out of the tournament than franky. XD that's my only reason.

Quote Originally Posted by TräshCät View Post
    you know ... regarding franky vs. luffy ... i like 'em both but i'll probably vote franky. it's harder to kick luffy out of the tournament than franky. XD that's my only reason.
    everyones going to get on the bandwagon to vote franky because of this...but luffy will still end up with 4 to 1 votes.

Thread Information