+ Reply to Thread
Page 75 of 75 FirstFirst ... 25 65 73 74 75
Results 1,481 to 1,500 of 1500

Thread: Young Justice RETURSN OMG

They put em in Smash Bros! Conekiller's Avatar

Default Re: Young Justice RETURSN OMG

Who is this dude who is info-dumping about being married now? Giving some context as to who is who would really help. I realize you're trying to not talk down to the audience or whatever but when weve got multiple years between seasons, it wouldn't kill you to have some dialogue or on screen text to get us up to speed on who is who. I'm not asking for MHA levels of "every episode we're gonna tell you who they are and what their powers are" but SOME context would be appreciated.

Gar was also getting irritating but since Connor at least brought it up it feels more like a deliberate plot point rather than OOC.

Genuinely surprised they didn't drag out J'onn's fate for longer than they did.
    [
    Please visit my Deviant art gallery.
    There will be Punch and Pie!

Quote Originally Posted by Conekiller View Post
    Who is this dude who is info-dumping about being married now?
    Lucas "Snapper" Carr. More context or reminders would not have helped, he's entirely forgettable background D list character. He's the sort of character only hardcore comic fans or huge Justice League fans would remember or be able to name. It's actually a really strange choice to feature him of all people so front and center two minutes in.

He's basically an ordinary civilian with no powers who helped out the League a few times as mission coordinator.

He was also a teacher at the school. He had a beard before.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Coincidentally, I recently read some of the old Justice League issues where Snapper Carr first appears, so I guess it's convenient timing that I was able to recognize him thanks to that.

But yeah, weird for them to just throw him in like that. I don't recall him being in any of the previous seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobodyman View Post
    But yeah, weird for them to just throw him in like that. I don't recall him being in any of the previous seasons.
    He was in like a dozen episodes through all three seasons. Just as a super minor background character with very little dialogue.

Greg Weisman likes his casts of thousands and the easter eggs, so its zero surprise he's using the character... it's just really weird to have him so prominent so early in a season for no obvious reason, except maybe as contrast with a "this wedding went well!" to compare with the obvious impending pitfalls of the Superboy/MM stuff.

A token "See, we CAN have a happy stable relationship! Just not with any main characters."
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Nice first 2 episodes. I enjoy Conner personality and growth quite a bit and it seems this season we gonna be following the crew we already know instead of new people which I much prefer. And I dont mind spending some time of mars and see what their culture is like up close.

Gar was a pain in the ass and I hope he can be a lesser presence once we back to earth. Or he stops being annoying quick regardless of the reason why he is like that.

Random nitpick are M'gann asking Superman for Superboy hand since he's an older brother not a father and even that took a lot of time. And that M'gann sister is now using that evil twin form she made for our crew even when at work and they are away .

Discovered Stowaway

Did anyone else feel like season 3 wasted way too much time on Brion and Halo? Like, way, WAY too much time?

Season 3 was messy and I didnt enjoy it much but I enjoyed Brion's story. I was fine with Violet. Nothing crazy but besides how op her powers were I didnt mind following her.

Quote Originally Posted by BattleFranky69 View Post
    Did anyone else feel like season 3 wasted way too much time on Brion and Halo? Like, way, WAY too much time?
    Nah. I liked that it focused on basically new characters with new things to do that I haven't seen rehashed in the comics a thousand times before.

I've seen Nightwing and Superboy's and Blue Beetle's arcs multiple times. It was nice getting something fresh.

Fred Bug was the best though.

Discovered Stowaway

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    Nah. I liked that it focused on basically new characters with new things to do that I haven't seen rehashed in the comics a thousand times before.

I've seen Nightwing and Superboy's and Blue Beetle's arcs multiple times. It was nice getting something fresh.

Fred Bug was the best though.
    That's Bugg with 2 G's! LOL. I was just disappointed we didn't get a broader look at some of the new characters. Those 3 newbies with Robin in one of the early episodes got almost nothing, so I would just have rather sacrificed a bit of Brion and Halo's time for that type of thing is all.

Quote Originally Posted by BattleFranky69 View Post
    That's Bugg with 2 G's!
    Wow, I didn't think anyone would catch the setup I did. I figured that was way too subtle.

I am pleased to see the comedy payoff actually happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Md-Martin View Post
    And based on the trailer, looks like they're really taking advantage of being on HBOMax now, violence wise.
    Good thing it isn't on Amazon then. If anyone watched (read) Invincible, lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.

Discovered Stowaway

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    Wow, I didn't think anyone would catch the setup I did. I figured that was way too subtle.

I am pleased to see the comedy payoff actually happen.
    He said it so much, it was just irresistible.

Loving the focus on Superboy, MM, and Beast Boy. The way the show balances character drama building while building up the main plot is great. And thank goodness they're giving us more dialogue during the credits instead of Wolf sleeping or something.

NNID: jervinnectar

They put em in Smash Bros! Conekiller's Avatar

Episode 4 is out and...whoo boy.
    [
    Please visit my Deviant art gallery.
    There will be Punch and Pie!

Spoiler:
    I'm guessing the Legion of Superheroes did something to save him.

But still, yeah...wow.

so
    Spoiler:
    they gonna milk Connor's fake death this season for maximum character development...

As annoying Beast Boy was these episodes, I love his relationship with Miss Martian and Superboy.

Episode 5
    Spoiler:
    A bit of a shift but I love Tigress and Cheshire. I wouldn't be surprised if both Onyx and Savage's daughter are lying. Looking forward seeing where things go.

Quote Originally Posted by pariston_hill View Post
    so
    Spoiler:
    they gonna milk Connor's fake death this season for maximum character development...
    Spoiler:
    Maybe. But if they saved him, why keep it a secret? Did he get a one-way trip to the future or is it part of some plan to find the person the Legion was looking for?

Quote Originally Posted by Nectar View Post
    Spoiler:
    Maybe. But if they saved him, why keep it a secret? Did he get a one-way trip to the future or is it part of some plan to find the person the Legion was looking for?
    Well
    Spoiler:
    I dunno, the leader of the Legion team said that M'gann would recognize her mind touch, so it's either related to one of her siblings or her future daughter with Connor. So the Legion was probably trying to prevent the dude in the yellow invisible sphere from killing Connor/starting a race war in Mars.

Since I'm not much of a DC fan boy - for how long they have been doing the racism thing in Mars - because as addressed in a society of telepathic shapeshifters the caste system and racism is a pretty bad metaphor.

I wonder what Tigress-Cheshire plot will bring.

This week's episode was, like, really good.
    Spoiler:
    I didn't really care about or understand all the Martian politics from the first story arc, but I'm really getting invested in Artemis and Cheshire's story.

This season is really focused on relationships between certain characters and I love it.

Spoiler:
    Loving Tigeress and Cheshire's complex relationship. I'm still waiting for Cheshire to see her damn daughter again! And the stuff with Orphan was great. I'm all for a Bat Family series in this or a similar universe.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information