+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 177 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 112 ... LastLast

Thread: The Great New World Discussion Thread

Default Re: The Great New World Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by RomanceDawn View Post
    I forgot about all that. The tea party is in 4 days right? Man we are still on the first day the Straw Hat's reunited.
    Whoa, hold on.
    There is absolutely no way everything on Sabaody, on Fishman Island and in between happened in less than one day.
    Drawing is fun

Quote Originally Posted by minor_runes View Post
    Whoa, hold on.
    There is absolutely no way everything on Sabaody, on Fishman Island and in between happened in less than one day.
    Evidence please?

Whoa, hold on.
    It's true. Read through everything. No moments of sleeping, dinner, or anything of the sort. The paper that was read in this last chapter went out this very day(in universe time). The big party on Fishman Island was during the middle of the day. Hodi's prisoners were released by the Straw Hat's, sailed into the new world and got captured by Smoker all in a few hours.

If you really think about everything that has happened, well nothing really happened aside from the civil war. They crew met up, set sail, found FI, they immediately got entangled with the royals, Hodi's plan was put into place, they got their butt's kicked and had a party. The crew left after only a few hours and Laboon's family sped them up to the surface. Brook barely finished Bink's Sake before they saw the surface of the New World's ocean. When day's pass it may not be totally in your face but generally there is some obvious indication.
    Last edited by RomanceDawn; April 7th, 2012 at 05:56 PM.
    Folks who read One Piece... Just better people. \_(ツ)_/

Whoa, hold on.
    I kind of agree that it doesn't seem possible for all that to happen in sucha short period of time, but since Luffy was the last one to arrive at Sabaody, and assuming that was in the early hours of the morning. I'd say an entire day.. I guess..
    Let's say...
    Spoiler:
    Obviously pure speculation, so it's wrong.

8:00 - Luffy arrives at Sabaody
    8:30 - 9:00 - Meets up with Sanji, Zoro and Chopper, Fly to ship, Marines, Hancock, Coating inflates.
    9:00 -12:00 - Submerge, eat lunch, Caribou, Kraken, current, lose Luffy, Sanji and Zoro, Wadatsumi and Vanderdecken, underwater volcanoes.
    12:00 - 12:30 - Arrive , Coup de Burst through the bubble, get separted and wake up in random places.
    12:30 - 1:30 - Beach cove/blood loss, Madame Shirley/finding Brook, invitation and arriving at the palace.
    1:30 - 2:30 Luffy meets Shirahoshi and leaves, Zoro and crew tie up the guards and what not, realize Shirahoshi is gone, Hody arrives and Vanderdecken rides his coral, Nami leaves with Caimi
    2:30 - 3:00 - Sanji and Chopper get found, Vanderdecken gets beaten, arrive at sea forest, talking to Jimbei/Franky, Nami shows up.
    3:00 - 3:30 - Fishman Islands past.
    3:30 - 3:45 - Arguement, Robin shows up, Hody talking on the screen. Decide on plan.
    3:45 - 4:00 - Everything that led up to the fight.
    4:00 - 5:00 ... - Battle, and defeat, back to palace. Den starts to re-coat the ship.
    5:00 - 6:30 - Large feast, story about what's going on in the world.
    6:30 - 7:30 - Caribou, treasure, meeting Pekoms and Temago, declaration of war, back to palace.
    7:30 - 8:00 - Goodbyes, ships done. take off.

I know that's probably a far stretch from how it went down, looking at the times like that just doesn't make sense.
    The only thing that doesn't seem possible is travelling that far down there and then back up, and fitting in all that without it being like..3-5am the next day when they get to Punk Hazard.
    Last edited by Densuke; April 7th, 2012 at 06:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nodensuke View Post
    I kind of agree that it doesn't seem possible for all that to happen in sucha short period of time, but since Luffy was the last one to arrive at Sabaody, and assuming that was in the early hours of the morning. I'd say an entire day.. I guess..
    Let's say...
    Spoiler:
    Obviously pure speculation, so it's wrong.

8:00 - Luffy arrives at Sabaody
    8:30 - 9:00 - Meets up with Sanji, Zoro and Chopper, Fly to ship, Marines, Hancock, Coating inflates.
    9:00 -12:00 - Submerge, eat lunch, Caribou, Kraken, current, lose Luffy, Sanji and Zoro, Wadatsumi and Vanderdecken, underwater volcanoes.
    12:00 - 12:30 - Arrive , Coup de Burst through the bubble, get separted and wake up in random places.
    12:30 - 1:30 - Beach cove/blood loss, Madame Shirley/finding Brook, invitation and arriving at the palace.
    1:30 - 2:30 Luffy meets Shirahoshi and leaves, Zoro and crew tie up the guards and what not, realize Shirahoshi is gone, Hody arrives and Vanderdecken rides his coral, Nami leaves with Caimi
    2:30 - 3:00 - Sanji and Chopper get found, Vanderdecken gets beaten, arrive at sea forest, talking to Jimbei/Franky, Nami shows up.
    3:00 - 3:30 - Fishman Islands past.
    3:30 - 3:45 - Arguement, Robin shows up, Hody talking on the screen. Decide on plan.
    3:45 - 4:00 - Everything that led up to the fight.
    4:00 - 5:00 ... - Battle, and defeat, back to palace. Den starts to re-coat the ship.
    5:00 - 6:30 - Large feast, story about what's going on in the world.
    6:30 - 7:30 - Caribou, treasure, meeting Pekoms and Temago, declaration of war, back to palace.
    7:30 - 8:00 - Goodbyes, ships done. take off.

I know that's probably a far stretch from how it went down, looking at the times like that just doesn't make sense.
    The only thing that doesn't seem possible is travelling that far down there and then back up, and fitting in all that without it being like..3-5am the next day when they get to Punk Hazard.
    I would say it's plausible, but it seemed like travel to and from surface would take longer. In general it just feels like a ridiculous amount of events for one day.
    It's more than Skypiea and that was what, 2-3 days not including Jaya?
    Oh, and didn't Rayleigh say it takes minimum 3 days for him to coat a ship? How did Den do it in a couple of hours?
    Drawing is fun

Think about the eve tree never diming, so it was probably mid day to afternoon just as they left. So just looking at the lighting it is clear it wasn't even late afternoon when they left fishman island.

As for distance, they were traveling mostly up and down, so if Smoker can go from Thunder God island to Punk Hazard in what seemed like less than an hour I don't see why the Straw Hats couldn't have covered a similar distance. After all we got no boxes indicating time passing like we normally do between islands.

About Dens speed coating, we talked about that during the arc. The best guess is they were already in an ideal place with an expert coater plus Franky.

Think about the eve tree never diming, so it was probably mid day to afternoon just as they left. So just looking at the lighting it is clear it wasn't even late afternoon when they left fishman island.

As for distance, they were traveling mostly up and down, so if Smoker can go from Thunder God island to Punk Hazard in what seemed like less than an hour I don't see why the Straw Hats couldn't have covered a similar distance. After all we got no boxes indicating time passing like we normally do between islands.

About Dens speed coating, we talked about that during the arc. The best guess is they were already in an ideal place with an expert coater plus Franky.
    I forgot about the tree being the source of light, you're right. I know the times we're way off, just re-looking at them, they don't look right at all.
    I agree about Dens speed coating because he's probably more of an expert than Rayleigh who wanted to take his time to make it perfect, that alone makes him seem somewhat of a novice compared to Den who also had Franky there as well.
    The only thing that doesn't make sense is they ate on the ship, whether that was breakfast or lunch, and then to do all of that stuff and make it back to the palace for dinner and leave before it gets dark just seems odd..

Quote Originally Posted by nodensuke View Post
    I forgot about the tree being the source of light, you're right. I know the times we're way off, just re-looking at them, they don't look right at all.
    I agree about Dens speed coating because he's probably more of an expert than Rayleigh who wanted to take his time to make it perfect, that alone makes him seem somewhat of a novice compared to Den who also had Franky there as well.
    The only thing that doesn't make sense is they ate on the ship, whether that was breakfast or lunch, and then to do all of that stuff and make it back to the palace for dinner and leave before it gets dark just seems odd..
    Hold on, so the light on fishman island is from a tree? How am I missing this stuff?!! All this time I was trying to figure out where the heck a light source 10 kilometers under the seas is coming from.

On an unrelated note, why does Viz change meters into feet when it comes to Skypiea and fishman island? I could never quite figure that out.
    Drawing is fun

On an unrelated note, why does Viz change meters into feet when it comes to Skypiea and fishman island? I could never quite figure that out.
    Cause us 'Mericans don't use the metric system

Quote Originally Posted by Baou Zakurga View Post
    Cause us 'Mericans don't use the metric system
    They could have easily provided a conversion on the side though, it's not like there is going to be any calculations involved in the plot.
    Besides, 10 kilometers doesn't even equal 30 thousand feet but if they didn't round it down then they'd have a stupid odd number! Ugh.
    Drawing is fun

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

I thought that the party was at the end of the day?

Is there any indication that the Punk Hazard arc might be happening at nighttime?

Hold on, so the light on fishman island is from a tree? How am I missing this stuff?!! All this time I was trying to figure out where the heck a light source 10 kilometers under the seas is coming from.
    How long until you caught up with the current chapters? When you speed blitz them you miss so much it isn't even funny. When you have a load of chapters to get through the mind just says get to the end. When you are like the rest of us, dissecting every panel for at least a full week you'll treat every bit if info like it's gospel.

At King Cannon, that's a good question. So far I don't remember anything beyond the storm clouds. So I can't even tell what time of day it is. Going to find out now.

Edit:
    The cover stories indicate people are seeing the news paper at this moment I suppose, and it is clearly day during Disco's cover. Though I know that wasn't true for at least one cover story as far as time of day is concerned. And Smoker was wearing sun glasses, but this could be purely for fashion. Maybe those 2 things don't mean anything.

Looking at the shadowing on the snowy mountain leads me to believe it's still day. But it's impossible to be sure since there is a storm over the island. I'm still betting on it being day light.
    Last edited by RomanceDawn; April 7th, 2012 at 11:51 PM.

How long until you caught up with the current chapters? When you speed blitz them you miss so much it isn't even funny. When you have a load of chapters to get through the mind just says get to the end. When you are like the rest of us, dissecting every panel for at least a full week you'll treat every bit if info like it's gospel.
    I am up to the current chapters now actually, have been for at least a year or so.
    You are right, when I started reading there was so much readily available that I went through all the chapters in a couple of weeks. That and I payed less attention to art while trying to figure out what the heck did the translators mean, some of the early scanlations were really awful.
    Now that I have to wait for a new chapter each week like everybody else I devote a lot more attention to individual panels, but Oda manages to pack so much stuff into some of them that I still find things here and there I didn't see before.
    I think I'll start re-reading the Viz volumes at a slower pace, hopefully finish all 61 by the time they release 62.
    Drawing is fun

I hope they end up going to that island Capone went to in the future it might be a darkness island that devil fruit users cannot use their powers on!

Quote Originally Posted by Law of the sea View Post
    I hope they end up going to that island Capone went to in the future it might be a darkness island that devil fruit users cannot use their powers on!
    Why wouldn't they be able to use their powers on a dark island?

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Baroness View Post
    Why wouldn't they be able to use their powers on a dark island?
    Maybe its a reference to Blackbeard's Devil Fruit?

It's true. Read through everything. No moments of sleeping, dinner, or anything of the sort. The paper that was read in this last chapter went out this very day(in universe time). The big party on Fishman Island was during the middle of the day. Hodi's prisoners were released by the Straw Hat's, sailed into the new world and got captured by Smoker all in a few hours.

If you really think about everything that has happened, well nothing really happened aside from the civil war. They crew met up, set sail, found FI, they immediately got entangled with the royals, Hodi's plan was put into place, they got their butt's kicked and had a party. The crew left after only a few hours and Laboon's family sped them up to the surface. Brook barely finished Bink's Sake before they saw the surface of the New World's ocean. When day's pass it may not be totally in your face but generally there is some obvious indication.
    Them getting to FI (at least 1hour, it takes me almost this long to commute to work lol). Them getting knocked out by sea water in the bubble and time spent unconscious in Camie`s house: 1h (again minimum). Them running around town and Nami doing her `shopping` at Pappag`s (comon we all know how long women take to shop) so minimum 1h. They meet Jamon, get taken to castle for feast, Luffy meets Shirahoshi, blah blah Luffy escapes and the rest take over the palace (1 hour). Jimbe telling Looooong-ass flashback (1 hour. Hes not a fast speaker, certainly wasn`t rushing the story). Plaza fight + Noa destruction = 1 hour (again minimums here). Feast at Ryugu palace and farewells + run in with Big mam`s ppl (2 hours). Travel to Punk Hazard (1 hour - this is debatable because of the `whitestrom`). Luffy`s group travels across island, Nami`s group get gassed and taken to the other side of the island...eventually they wake up (1 hour)...._ THIS is where we are currently.

So adding that up, assuming NO sleeping or resting, and that travel between different locations on FI essentially occurs instantaneously, this would have taken a minimum of 10 hours. So I suppose its theoretically possible that this all happened within the same day...but highly unlikely

You guys have to stop trying to place actual time on the events.

After the battle the sun is still shining quite brightly.
    http://www.mangahere.com/manga/one_p...59/c648/2.html

The party didn't last too long either as Caribou interrupted things right away. The lighting is still very bright.

None of them slept while traveling the deep sea and they almost immediately found Laboon's family which sped them up to the surface.

It's the same day. The distances going up and down must not be that great, it is only 10,000 meters. Smoker had a lot of travel time as well. Does anyone think it took him more than a day to go from Thunder God island to PH? Of course not, he and his crew went from island to island in the time it took for Luffy and the gang to kill that dragon.

If you do remember I believe there was even times stated in the manga, like Hody announced the time he would cut off Neptunes head. So you can use that as a reference point to how long it all took. And that is some serious amounts of events in 1 day, including Luffy needing blood transfusion, fighting and eating a dragon, being nearly frozen in a lake and then meeting law. (just using luffy because he was the most badly injured from the FI arc)
    The Undeniable dream is the least expected dream

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information